rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

North Korea ready to open up?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/01/...ards-arms/

Interesting that Kim Jong Un is calling for better co-operation with the South and the world. Could we see something similar to Myanmar opening up the past year?

The guy practically grew up in the west, I am sure he has a different point of view on life and democracy. I'm not going to be surprised he will start reforms in N Korea very soon.

If nkorea ever becomes accessible it will be like eastern Germany 1989 on steroids. Serious financial and personal opportunity awaits....

Quote: (01-01-2013 06:22 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

The guy practically grew up in the west, I am sure he has a different point of view on life and democracy. I'm not going to be surprised he will start reforms in N Korea very soon.
I heard he was very good at basketball. NK NBA anyone?
Quote: (01-01-2013 06:40 PM)Asaxon Wrote:  

If nkorea ever becomes accessible it will be like eastern Germany 1989 on steroids. Serious financial and personal opportunity awaits....

I think its very likely that the South Koreas Chaebols will try to gain access in NK.

investors could make a killing there all that uneducated poor labor, it would be like buying into china when nixon was president.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

That was a bust. A lot of investors lost money on that one.

I guess a race for a NK flag would start on this forum.

Jackson, sure there are always losers. I personally know a few guys who made a killing in the first few months after the wall fell. Most gold rushes produced more losers than winners but were still gold rushes.

nk does this every few years. the sunshine policy didnt change anything. its just a smile for the cameras ti get more humanitarian aid

Quote: (01-02-2013 08:40 AM)clever alias Wrote:  

nk does this every few years. the sunshine policy didnt change anything. its just a smile for the cameras ti get more humanitarian aid

Yeah Im wondering about that. They're so brainwashed inside, I've read from academics that it'll be 50 years before they do open up. The NK situ is very different from East Germany ... NK is extreme and unprecedented.

That said somethings gotta give, their country is supposedly a complete disaster inside. God knows why they're still spending all their money on missiles.

I really wonder how it will pan out.

its a real life 1984. the regime has been predicted to fall for the last 15 years. i dont think it ever will

Quote: (01-02-2013 01:04 AM)jackson.henley Wrote:  

That was a bust. A lot of investors lost money on that one.

current status of affairs in east germany:
The only places worth living are the major big cities, everything else gets abandoned by the young females in search for work and money.
Old people and undereducated males are left in the rural areas, right-wing thinking is common there.
The females not moving into their eastern big cities migrate to western big cities.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

void, that trend is called urbanization and happens in every country all over the world. Look at Appalachia, China, Brazil...
sure EGermany is not great today but I did not talk about moving and living in Nkorea for 20 years. The transition period is where opportunity lies.
When old orders are dissolved, capital, markets and resources often get redistributed and gain or lose value in wild swings. This can be profitable for the right entrepreneur or player. In eastern Germany people made millions selling them western consumption articles for 3 times the actual price. Sure it only lasted a few weeks but was a goldmine. Look at the nouveau rich in Russia after the fall of communism... whenever a system goes bust someone new comes out on top and more often than not that someone new comes from abroad or the domestic "also ran" groups.

I'm with Asaxon on this one. I was in Moscow in 1993 just a year and a half after the empire collapsed and people were begging me to buy their central apartments for $10,000. I had the cash but the idea of buying a place there seemed insane,everyone told me to avoid the idea like the plague. Those same apartments are now going for between $300-$400,000 and rents are ridiculous. If I had made the right decision I'd be minted now. If NK opens I'll be on the next flight out. I'll open the first expat pub and fill it with whores to cater to the influx of western business men and then diversify.

Quote: (01-01-2013 11:56 PM)bacon Wrote:  

investors could make a killing there all that uneducated poor labor, it would be like buying into china when nixon was president.
They're already making a killing! North Korea has huge deposits of coal, iron ore, copper and other valuable commodities. But only a select few of intermediary companies are taking advantage of this due to western sanctions. Most companies in the West cannot due business with North Korea because of sanctions. But companies from Singapore, Switzerland and other countries are making a killing in the market. The same story with Iran. Remember, sanctions just mean that another country gets to do business with them. That's all it really means. It's money out of our pocket.

it would be a gold rush

Quote: (01-02-2013 01:46 PM)A CLOCKWORK TRADER Wrote:  

They're already making a killing! North Korea has huge deposits of coal, iron ore, copper and other valuable commodities. But only a select few of intermediary companies are taking advantage of this due to western sanctions. Most companies in the West cannot due business with North Korea because of sanctions. But companies from Singapore, Switzerland and other countries are making a killing in the market. The same story with Iran. Remember, sanctions just mean that another country gets to do business with them. That's all it really means. It's money out of our pocket.

Hmmm...I hear it's pretty simple to set up a business in Singapore that's licensed there even if you don't do business within the country. So wouldn't that then open N. Korea to you?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (01-05-2013 09:28 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2013 01:46 PM)A CLOCKWORK TRADER Wrote:  

Hmmm...I hear it's pretty simple to set up a business in Singapore that's licensed there even if you don't do business within the country. So wouldn't that then open N. Korea to you?
In theory? Sure, indeed it is quite simple to set up a business in Singapore or Switzerland. The problem is the sanctions itself. It doesn't apply to American companies but to American citizens as well. Just google Marc Rich and Pincus Green and you'll get some idea of what I'm talking about.

Bloomberg News not too long ago revealed the Koch Brothers were trading Iranian oil. That got them into some hot water but they soon stop trading Iranian oil and the controversy died down a bit. They were never charged with anything. There all kinds of loopholes in the sanctions. It can be done. You just must have a high risk tolerance. This is how billionaires are made. The opportunities are endless....