rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Cali, Colombia

Lessons from 3 Trips to Cali, Colombia - March 2009, October 2011, November 2012

I've been to Cali, Colombia three times over the past four years. The first time was part of an insane whirlwind trip in March of 2009 around the entire country where I visited Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena, Santa Marta, and Cali in 10 days, spending approximately 1-3 days in each city depending on how interesting it was. First, I'll talk briefly about my impressions of each place. I was not impressed with Bogota, Santa Marta, and Cartagena - I'll talk about those first. I was impressed by Medellin and Cali, and I’ll include more details.

Bogota - Big City which feels endlessly large and from what I remember. Although the weather is nothing compared to the punishing winters of Canda and North America, the weather in Bogota is not something that most people would consider ideal vacation weather. I didn't spend enough time to explore the city and nightlife and get a good understanding of the women, but from going out to a few bars, I remember being far more impressed by the women of Medellin and Cali. I’ll let others do the talking about Bogota - this city is not interesting to me.

Santa Marta - This is a beach town that is popular as a tourist destination for Colombians. If you're looking for a nice beach, I would not recommend this place. I was expecting a very nice beach from what I read, but I was definitely more impressed by beaches in Miami, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, the rest of the Caribbean, and the islands of Thailand (the ones more off the beaten path). If I had to compare it to a beach, it would probably be close to Pattaya or Phuket of Thailand, which are both rather crappy. The weather here can be punishingly hot - like a desert. There are catci growing on the side of the roads from the airport leading to the town. Strangely enough, there are groups of people harvesting these cacti on the hillsides - I call them the cactus ninjas. As I arrived on a weekday (from what I remember), the nightlife was completely dead. I was told that there is good partying at an adjacent town 5 minutes away known as Rodadero. I actually went there, but didn't see anything that made me want to stay. Also, I didn't see any hot girls. Within hours of landing at the airport in the morning and having explored the city, my buddy and I made plans to go to Cartagena. Back in 2009, I learned that tourists from other countries to Santa Marta were rare, which is why people kept staring at me and my buddy.

Journey from Santa Marta to Cartagena - I took a bus from Santa Marta to Cartagena and made a stop at Barranquilla. From what I was able to observe of Barranquilla going to the bus terminal, the place is very dusty, sandy, hot, and ugly. This was confirmed by friends from Cali who have gone there. They told me not to bother visiting the place. It was during this bus trip that I had the misfortune of experiencing Colombian time for the first time. The bus ticket vendor at Santa Marta told me that the trip would take something around 4 hours from what I remember. It wound up taking around 6 hours. Also, the bus driver was insane - this is something that may be common across all of Colombia with buses. In an effort to go faster, the bus driver would pass cars in front of him by driving on the opposite side of the road against oncoming traffic. This was not cool. Also, during the first leg of the bus journey to Barranquilla, there was a prolonged torrential downpour - there was no visibility whatsoever. Yet, the bus driver never slowed down. I am grateful I made it to Barranquilla then Cartagena alive. Be very careful when thinking about traveling from town to town on buses, especially the overnight ones. From extreme cold to robbers to the utter lack of lights and safety in the mountains to insane drivers, I would definitely recommend taking planes everywhere. The only upside of the bus journey was meeting a very cute Colombian girl who I opened and who told me within the first few minutes that she thought I was beautiful. Looking back, I should have attempted to bang her in the bathroom since I would never see her again. This was my first experience with how forward and affectionate Colombian women can be. She got off at Barranquilla and I continued to Cartagena.

Cartagena - This is a coastal city which reminded me of Miami. The Colonial town is worth visiting but the prices of everything are much higher than what you will find in Medellin and Cali. I'll write more about the costs of Cali but if money is a concern, there is better bang for the buck than Cartagena. The food at the expensive restaurants is very good. I arrived on a weekday, and unfortunately, did not get to experience the nightlife. We tried to look for some and hired a taxi to take us around, but we couldn't find anything worth going to. Also, the women I did see while walking around during the daytime, were not beautiful in any noteworthy way. I don't remember being able to locate an actual beach - the Colonial town was bordered by the Ocean, but I'm not sure if there is an actual beach. From what I saw in 2 days, I probably won't be visiting here again.

Medellin - I was very impressed by Medellin and thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Medellin is a beautiful city. The weather is great, and the prices reasonable and comparable to Cali. It's called the City of Eternal Spring for a reason - year round there is warm spring-like weather. A brief period of light rain usually happens once or twice during the day. I find this refreshing and I have a feeling it contributes to the greenery of the city. Usually when it is raining, the sun is out and it is bright - I'm not sure how that happens but it's interesting. With the great weather comes lots of greenery, parks, outdoor dining locations, and less clothing on the girls. There is great train system. I think it’s dangerous at night. I recommend doing more research on the topic of safety in Medellin if you are thinking of going. There is conflicting information everywhere – yes there has been massive development and there are some very nice upscale places. Some sources will tout the reduction in violence, the end of Pablo Escobar, etc. However, the hillside slums are ominously visible everywhere you go in the city wherever you look up at the hills surrounding the city. For me, danger was always a concern.

Women - A lot of men will find that the women here are very beautiful. In fact, right after I got off the plane at the airport, I saw a beautiful girl who worked there. My eyes and head continued to face her as my feet walked in another direction, and I walked right into a guy in front of me and tripped over his luggage. I was definitely impressed, and I didn't even leave the airport yet! Now, before anyone goes and books a flight to Medellin, I recommend reading my notes below about the women of Cali. I've thought a lot about this subject now that I have spent much more time in the country and the shock of Colombian beauty has worn off. The Paisa women have a very fair white complexion and hair color which ranges from dark black to dirty blonde (I don’t think naturally platinum blonde Paisas exist). With skin color being a constant, the women are shorter on average than European and American Caucasian women. Paisas, being Latinas, also have more good curves – sometimes substantially more.

Nightlife and meeting women - I went out two nights on the weekend – the first was to Mangos which I believe is now closed. It was a famous club and very expensive by Colombian standards. The women partying were beautiful and the club dancers were stunning. Unfortunately, they were 100% mixed sets, and trying to run social game felt unsafe, as my sense from growing up in the hood told me that there was a high probability that the men with these beautiful women were narcos aka drug lords. Everything from Mixx’s Medellin thread applies - http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6707.html. Forget about meeting women during the night time. Day game is absolutely necessary. Spanish is highly highly recommended. No one speaks English. For those who are skilled with game, they can make it work and attract women even if their Spanish is at a “pitiful” level –I’ve been able to do it in Cali, but I was able to rely on a very high level of Latin dancing to help with the process. I am socially proofed with local Colombian friends plus I have years experience running game on Latinas in NYC, including Colombian spots in New Jersey and Queens. If you are an average beta-ish guy from a Western country with limited field experience and who has difficulty moving from a cold approach daytime opener to a bang, don’t come to Medellin expecting to get laid without some serious effort. Having anything less than a fluid and conversational level of Spanish will be a handicap. You may find some cute ones girls on ColombianCupid and manage to score due to pre-selection based on looks, but the hot and uber hot ones will be very challenging and will probably require a herculean level of approaches to acquire a bang. The Poblado area has a long chain of bars and clubs that are packed during the weekend, with very favorable ratio of women to men the last time I was there. You can find groups of girls (without guys) there that are open to being approached but again, unless you have strong Spanish and can hold a conversation over blasting reggaeton and everyone else in the club screaming to be heard, you’re not going to get anywhere. Being awesome and charismatic with crap Spanish is probably enough, but if the thought of having to open and hold the attention of a group of hot girls in a language that you are not fluent in bothers you, you’re going to have a hard time here. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on this one, but I don’t think Colombian has a strong one night stand/same night sex culture – it is stigmatized. So, expect to get a number which will require a follow up date. And finally, to make things even more difficult, Colombians don’t drink to excess. In all my trips and all my nights out, I’ve only seen one really really drunk person. It can be 5 AM after a night of partying that started at 10 PM with nonstop beer and liquor, but everyone is still sober enough to maintain salsa rhythm and spin around, and usually hold a good conversation. They pace themselves, and I did not see any of the binge drinking “SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS” stuff you see in the USA. Also, in many places, they serve pitchers of water with bottle of alcohols so that has a drunkenness mitigating effect. So if all you have is drunken night game, I doubt it will be as effective in Colombia. I don’t have too much experience with Medellin, but I think it would be safe to assume that the safety rules of Cali would also apply to Medellin, which is similarly dangerous. In Cali, people go out with their family members and close friends, and everyone makes sure everyone gets home alive. As always, having cool Colombian friends, wingmen, and other types of social proof always helps. If anyone has actual field experience specific to Medellin, please share your thoughts.

Cali - If it wasn’t for family ties in NYC, I would definitely move here. This is one of my favorite places in the world - if I really think about it, it just might top the list. With that in mind, I will share my thoughts on this city while trying not to revert into starstruck teenage cheerleader mode.

I would like to thank Roosh for writing Bang Colombia. To everyone who plans to go to Colombia with the hope of meeting the local women there - buy the book! I’ll follow the format of his book as I write my report. I guess it’s one long field report of me testing out what he recommended.

WELCOME TO CALI- Roosh wrote about it being “just a matter of time” until the Colombian city of Medellin becomes spoiled like Rio. I haven’t been to Rio and haven’t been back to Medellin in a few years, but I can say that Cali is far from being spoiled. Although with each passing year there seems to be more foreigners, they don’t stay long. I personally don’t mind tourists, but for those who are concerned, I think there are many enjoyable years left to be had. I also believe that Cali is less appealing to tourists in general. There’s not much to do. There’s a water park, a scenic view from the statue of Christ, some small gold museums, a few churches (with one being on a hilltop park), a few modern malls, a wonderful zoo, and a few universities for locals, and strong salsa culture. That’s all that will appeal to tourists passing by. Everything else is low-rise residential spread across the entire city. The architecture of the low rise buildings is nothing special - if you’re in the southern residential zones, you have cookie cutter apartment buildings with terraces being built everywhere. Existing 1 -2 story houses all look the same and are usually white. Toward the north you have small single story commercial buildings with restaurants, liquor stores, pizza shops, clothing stores, etc. The buildings in the north are older, and the blocks pretty much look the same, and are very cramped. It’s also not very pretty. There’s far less greenery and parks compared to Medellin, and concrete highways look old.

From what was explained to me, Colombian minimum wage per MONTH based on a 48 hour work week is 600,000 pesos. At an exchange rate of 1800 pesos to the dollar, this works out to $333 per month or about $1.75 per hour. That’s not much. I asked every Cab driver the same question - how much do you make in a good day, and how much do you make during a bad day (net, after their cab rental fare is paid). I got consistent answers - 20,000 pesos on a bad day, 100,000 on a good day, working 6 days a week. Average this out to 60,000 per day ($33.00 USD), cab drivers make approximately $800/month. In Cali, I felt there was far less hustling and aggressive street vendors than compare with Medellin. Roosh’s observation about “desperate masses tripping over each other to sell you things like gum and cigarettes,” was very true for Medellin, but not at all for Cali. There are people selling things, but they are far from aggressive. Also, friends who know people who sell gum, cigarettes, and potato chips for a living, tell me that they don’t make bad money doing this in Cali. This makes for a more relaxed experience as a tourist - I was never targeted. I come from NYC and have noticed that when people trying to hustle on the street for a buck approach other people in NYC, they are met with looks of disgust, disdain, etc. Having observed what goes on in Cali, it seems that people are more compassionate in this regard. They buy gum and other stuff if they have spare change even if they don’t particularly need or want it. They seem to want to help out their fellow struggling Colombians.

SAFETY AND GEOGRAPHY - It is a bad idea to have obvious displays of wealth anywhere. Don’t show the $500 smartphone, the iPad, the Breitling, the Rolex, the gold chain, etc. Do not suit up/down/left/right - no suits! It makes you a target for robbers. Other safety advice you can pick up from the guidebooks and wiki travel is also good.

Here’s a map for Cali. This also happens to be the site of the city bus service - http://www.mio.com.co/index.html/es/plan-de-ruta

I like to use where Calle 5 and Carrera 15 meet as a starting point. The main street west of Calle 5 is C1 or Avenida C. To the west of this area are hilltop slum neighborhoods. Don’t go there. There is a touristic site called Three Crosses (up on a mountain) - don’t go there. The further up you go, the more dangerous it gets. Towards the west of the city, there are high end residential developments at higher elevations but they are guarded and gated communities with very high walls surrounding them. Going to the Statue of Christ, a Taxi driver was kind enough to show me the all the areas along the rural road where highwaymen/robbers ambush people at night with blockades - not cool at all. South of Carrera 15 and east of Calle 5, you have a few neighborhoods - Bretana, La Alameda, Santa Monica Belacazar, Manuel M. Buenaventura, La Esperanza Bovaca - don’t go to these places! There’s nothing there you could possibly want. The further east of Calle 5 you are, the worse it gets, especially at night. North of Carrera 15 you’re probably OK, but still be careful at night anywhere you are in Cali. I stay in the San Antonio neighborhood in the northern part of Cali - it is west of Calle 5 by Carrera 4 - during the day, there are 1-2 policemen on every other intersection. At night, there are no cops. From what was explained to me, it’s easy for criminal elements in the poor far east of the city to ride a motorcycle into the city and start wreaking havoc at night. Thus, go out in groups at night if possible, phone for your cabs, and don’t walk! It is very easy to get lost at night - you cannot see the mountains to orient you. There are no distinguishing landmarks or high rise buildings to let you know relative location.

After you get south to around Carrera 50, there is a noticeable change since you’re getting to the South of the city. It’s a lot quieter and more peaceful, and somewhat safer. At the extreme south where Carrera 100 starts, you have some Universities.

LOGISTICS

After you land at the Cali airport, you can take a taxi to the city for around 50,000 - 60,000 pesos. This is pretty expensive. A better bet is to take the bus for 5,000 pesos to the bus Terminal - http://www.terminalcali.com/ - located at calle 30N and Avenida 2N in the north of the city. Then take a cab wherever you want to go. This is usually 50% - 75% more cost effective. If you want to go really really cheap, have the cab driver take you to the nearest MIO station, then bus wherever you need to go.

If you are staying for a month or more you should rent an apartment or a house. This will cost around 700,000 a month. I’ve checked from the north to the south, and this is the going rate. Hostels dorm beds will run you 15,000 - 25,000 pesos per night. Private rooms in a hostel will run up to 50,000 a night. Hostels usually won’t allow you to bring girls back. Love hotels are the way to go. Ask anyone where the love hotels are and they can probably tell you. Cab drivers will definitely know. Also, as you are walking around, you will also find some. Unlike brothels, love hotels make things very obvious. There is one across the street from the City University of Cali.

This is the website of the most famous love hotel in Cali - http://www.kissmecali.com/ . It’s not inconspicuous at all! And it’s cheap.

Packing - don’t bring a suit. You will suffocate and it make you a target for robbers. It’s very casual even in the nicest of clubs. A nice pair of jeans plus sneakers or shoes will do. This is just my opinion. Will exaggerating your exotic foreigner status with peacocking and really nice threads help with attracting women? Probably. Is it worth the extra attention you draw to yourself? Probably not. Most nights, I went out to the club with a plain single color long sleeve t-shirt with no design, my yankees cap, a pair of nike sneakers, and old navy jeans, and had no trouble socializing and meeting people. It is very casual here. Just don’t wear athletic pants and sleeveless shirts and you will be fine.

Cell Phone - read Roosh’s book about the importance of this. It is quite possibly the key to failure or success in Cali.

Spanish - read Roosh’s book about the importance of this, and how to learn Spanish. I would like to add some more to this since I am a very slow learner when it comes to Spanish. I can speak at an intermediate level, but I consider my spanish “bad.” I haven’t developed an ear for the language - normal speaking is too fast for me to capture. In total, I’ve taken 40 private lessons through skype at 45 minutes each from EasyEspanol.org. This was a lifesaver. Sadly, for me to function well in Colombia, I need to get a lot better. I recommend getting to a basic conversational level because outside of universities, most people don’t speak a single word of English, including the girls you are trying to meet. In general, the less Spanish you have, the harder it is to get with the girls. I make up for it with cool friends, social proof, and high level dancing. Also, I’ve bedded Latinas in NYC who spoke no Spanish before, using a level of Spanish that is even less than what I currently have, so this is something I am prepared for. Europeans seem to be a lot better at learning languages than Americans. If you are a Gringo that speaks no Spanish and want to be conversational by the time your trip arrives, plan half a year ahead and start studying - do everything Roosh recommends plus more - EasyEspanol lessons included.

Women of Cali - Ah, finally, the Calenas. I will attempt to write the most detailed and accurate field report of what the Calenas are actually like, because what I’ve read on forums and websites, are insufficient, and sometimes far off the mark. The first time I got to Cali, I was in shock. It took 2 more trips and plenty of thinking about the subject before I got used to the beauty - there’s a reason for this and I will explain why. Also, because men have varying tastes in women, I will attempt to address that too.

Factor 1 - LACK OF OBESITY - I’ve been to the major cities along the eastern seaboard of the USA - from Boston to NYC to Washington DC. I will use these cities as a comparison. In general, I would say that the average Calena is approximately 1 point higher on the 1-10 scale than the girls from these 3 major American cities. This applies to the women and the men. In three trips to Cali, I have not seen an obese person. There are overweight people, but none that make the BMI jump into obese category. I use the BMI scale because I’ve noticed that it’s confusing at times trying to get accurate information about the size of women. For example, there are guys who like skinny girls and the moment you show them a girl who is out of the skinny zone, they are fat or overweight.

http://www.halls.md/bmi/figures.htm

Using the visual sizing chart as a reference, I would say the general population of Cali would fall into the 2-5 category. I don’t recall seeing a serious chubster in the 6 zone or above...

The general population is close to normal healthy weight BMI, and those who are overweight are not in danger of falling into the obese zone. This makes the women more attractive in general. So in general, let’s say a girl is a 5 in the USA. Most girls are 5’s - that’s the average. This is the middle of the bell curve, and there are lots of them. Here, they are a 6 - in bangable territory. From a purely physical perspective, there is little excess weight to serve as a repellant, which results in many more bangable girls walking around.

Factor 2 - FEMININE ATTIRE - As a result of having normal body weight and not being obese, it enables the women to dress very feminine. The year-round 80 degree weather also facilitates this. This includes form fitting jeans, tight fitting tops, dresses, and high heels. Us men love this stuff! Thus, more points to the Calenas for feminine attire.

Factor 3 - Breast and Butt Implants - This stuff has an effect on us men. We are visual creatures and usually cannot help it. Although I don’t like the idea of surgery and cutting up a body for the purpose of fitting funny parts inside, I cannot help but appreciate the finished product. Even though I prefer all natural, I can’t help but be impressed by a pair of bigguns when I see them. I would assume most other men agree. I’m throwing out numbers here, but let’s say that in NYC, 5% of the girls have breast implants. Here, it’s probably double that. There’s no sure way to say, except to say that a lot of the girls have noticeable work done on their breasts, butts, or both. Furthermore, because there is less stigma and there is a lot of emphasis on vanity, the girls are not afraid to get larger size implants, which makes the effect even more powerful. The effect is even further enhanced when combined with factor 2 - their feminine attire.

Factor 4 - High Hot Girl Density (hot girls per unit of land area). Usually, very hot girls are uncommon. For some strange reason, there are just more of them here packed into this relatively small city. This is like a bonus on top of Factor 1 - in addition to many more bangable girls on average, there are noticeably more hot girls running around. For the total quantity of hot girls, the NYC metro area probably has more, but they are also spread out more over the 5 boroughs and New Jersey. In Cali, the hot Calenas are all packed into the city limits, and your chances of encountering them are higher.

Factor 5 - Pleasant Feminine Behavior, Speech, and Attitude - I saved this factor for last because I knew I would have the most difficulty describing it accurately for those reading this post. It’s something that really needs to be experienced. As a person who grew up in NYC, I’ve interacted with every kind of “American” girl you can think of while growing up - new immigrants, 1st generation, 2nd generation, people whose ancestors settled this country, every races and skin color, every age, from all over the world. In my years of living and and meeting girls through everyday interactions, I have this social awareness and understanding of what it is like to deal with women here in the big cities of the USA. For me, things don’t vary very much overall when dealing with girls in the USA. I have this baseline expectation of how I expect we interact with each other. Whether a girl is born in the USA or comes from another country, I imagine that the moment she hits US soil and starts interacting with people, there’s this massive social momentum which pushes her to conform to the “baseline” attitude/behavior. After all, it’s everywhere, and is the normal, default setting for the USA. Thus we have a baseline.

When I got to Colombia, I was my usual self, but I couldn’t help but feel very relaxed and at ease, especially while interacting with the women. This included all women, including ones that I had no sexual interest in - from teenagers to seniors. I tried recalling the last time I felt like this, and I definitely did not feel like this while on vacation in Germany, Morocco, throughout southeast Asia, or anywhere in the USA. The interactions with Colombianas were unusually pleasant. After my second trip back, I started reading more manosphere stuff and then realized - holy moly. So this is what pleasant feminine behavior, speech, and attitude feels like. I’ve never experienced this much of it before in one place where it is so pervasive. The “baseline” in Colombia is noticeably different from the baseline in the USA (my experience is limited to the big cities of the East and West coasts).
Strangely enough, I thought the person who described it best was Winston Wu - http://www.happierabroad.com/ForeignWomen.htm. You get the idea. No snarling girls: (http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/12/0...e-smirk/).

Don’t get me wrong - Colombianas are not perfect goddesses. There are ones who are batshit crazy and stupidly emotional out there. However, I would imagine that for most men, dealing with Colombians is more pleasant, and less mentally stressful and taxing overall.
I did manage to encounter some Colombianas who seemed oddly American - they did not like wearing heels, had shorter hair, and studied and spoke English. >-=o(

As an American experiencing this for the first time, it gave me sensory overload. It took me 2 more trips to fully process everything. The above 5 factors were so radically different from what I experienced back home. I thought I was in heaven. I imagine this is how many Americans feel when they get to meet Calenas for the first time. And, when the testosterone is pumping and you are in vacation mode, it’s hard to analyze anything beyond “MUST GET HOT GIRLS!” After my third and most recent trip and a somewhat more extended stay, the effect wore off a bit after I started to expect the new normal. I was also able to think clearly about why men might not like the women of Cali, and was able to come up with the following:

Calenas seem to hit the wall earlier here, but also less hard. In NYC, I see plenty of cute and hot older women in their late 20s and early 30’s, but I would draw the line in Cali at 25. It seems to me that a huge part of their beauty comes from the youthful glow. Once it fades around the mid 20s, so does the hotness. They no longer pass the boner test, but the fade after that is much more gradual. Keep in mind factor 1 is always present as they age, so you never see things degrade to http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ levels.

Few tall girls - Colombianas are not tall. European and North American girls are noticeably taller. Good luck trying to find tall, long-legged models like the Victoria’s secret girls. Most Calenas are not tall. 5’6” would be tall. Many would hover around the 5’ range. European girls are noticeably taller on average than Calenas.

No blondes - hair comes in one variety - dark.

No asians - self explanatory.

Few black women, and women with very dark skin - Having explored most of the city (minus the dangerous parts), I found surprisingly few dark skinned women. If you are looking for negritas, Cali is not the place for you. This is as dark as they get: http://counterculturebeauty.com/wp-conte...e-Skin.bmp

Very few pale, white skinned girls - if white skin is for you, go to Medellin. Cali women are usually in between the bronze I linked to above and 1 or 2 shades darker than the powder white Paisas.

GAME - read Roosh’s book.

Internet Game - Back in NYC, I have never done online game before since I’ve never needed it. Cold approach is my bread and butter, but I decided to test out everything that Roosh’s book recommended for internet game, as an experiment. I paid to join 3 sites for a duration of 3 months each: Amigos.com, Badoo.com. and ColombianCupid.com. I considered LatinEuro.com but read too much negative stuff about it so decided against it. I used almost the exact template recommended by Roosh while messaging girls. I can say that I am in shape but not tall, not good looking, but not ugly either.
Amigos.com - total waste of time. No girls from Cali on it at all. FAIL. Don’t bother.

Badoo - Using narrowed search criteria to limit my search to dark haired women under 25 years of age under 5’7” tall, I got something like 25,000 results if I remember correctly. 3 months before my trip, I must have messaged around 100 girls over several weeks. No bites whatsoever. I found a couple of cam girls working for money. 60% of responses were not read. Of the responses that were read, all were ignored but one. I managed to strike up a conversation with her and we messaged back and forth, but her account was deleted - perhaps she was a scammer. I’m interested in whether other people have had success in Cali with Badoo. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the site and it’s not for dating? I don’t think it has anything to do with the race or ugly factor because I got more hits on ColombianCupid, on less girls contacted.

ColombianCupid - This was the best of the three. I used this site in 2011 and 2012, and it was alright. Definitely sign up for the 3 month option. I messaged 50 girls. For my trip in 2012, I managed to have conversations with 2 girls I found to be HOT, and 2 girls that were OK. The 2 girls that were OK gave me their number, but I had other options when I landed in Cali and wound up not calling them. The 2 hot girls I had good conversation with, and about 1 week before I left, I asked them for their numbers. This time period also happened to coincide with a long stretch of time where they didn’t log on. They only responded with their numbers after I was back stateside, DOH! Get the numbers early! I suspect that I may have gotten limited results online due to my physical attributes, and that others might do better. I would use CC again.

Daytime Game - by far your best option. If you have no idea how to meet women and go from a cold approach to a lay, get some experience before you come to Cali because you are not high level enough. I personally trained through the school of Real Social Dynamics, but I highly recommend both of Roosh’s books Bang and Day Bang. You will find the hot girls just randomly walking the street during the daytime, or in malls. While inquiring about Spanish language programs, I checked out 2 universities, and I think a guy who has some game and Spanish would definitely do better in the malls or on the streets. I was not impressed by the girls I saw at the Universities after 2 stays at each for approximately 2 hours each. I feel that I need more data before I forget about Universities as places for meeting women.

Malls - Malls are a great place to meet women, but you need to have game, and you need to be able to cold approach. Be ready to talk to a girl and her mom/cousin/sister at the same time - in Spanish. If you only look for lone wolves, you will miss out on many opportunities. Many hot girls are already with guys. If a girl is with a guy, it’s obvious if they’re together. There seem to be less ambiguous semi-orbiter dudes with girls compared to what you see in America. If a girl is with a dude, I get the clear impression that she is doting on him. Chipichape is a great mall and it’s in the north. Palmetto Plaza is somewhat further south. Unicentro and Jardin Plaza are in the south.

Mall bars - Inside the malls are many little places where you can sit and get alcohol. Colombia is a lot more relaxed than the USA when it comes to alcohol. It’s no big deal here and makes NYC feel like a police state. Mall bars are superb for dates less casual than dinner or for insta dating girls you meet at the mall. Other insta date options include Juan Valdez (Colombian version of Starbucks) or ice cream places within malls.

Supermarkets are great places to meet girls - there are tons of employees there waiting around to help customers, and you also have the customers to game.

Nighttime Game - I described nighttime game a bit in the Medellin section. Everything there applies to Cali as well.

Part 2:

The nighttime Rumba is fantastic for taking girls out and having a good time. Meeting girls at night is somewhat more difficult due to the 100% mixed sets. From what was explained to me and from the fights I’ve witnessed, Colombian guys are possessive and jealous. I wouldn’t risk AMOG game here and try to steal girls from guys. Remember, life is cheap here - this includes yours. I don’t recall encountering pros or even semi-pros in Cali. If I did encounter them, I didn’t realize it. For that stuff girls go work in brothels. What I did encounter was guys with stunningly hot girls which were paid for. Also, if your Spanish not strong, you won’t be able to understand at clubs when they’re blasting music. I can speak at an low intermediate level but my listening sucks. I cannot understand anything inside clubs.

If you pay attention, you can get a feeling of what kind of clients a club caters to. There are several categories. From Sunday through Thursday, places in Cali close at 1. There’s a neighborhood in the north called Menga which is just outside of Cali which is great for after parties since the places there close at 5 AM every day. The main parties go on during Fridays and Saturdays. Again, everywhere you go, the near 100% mixed sets rule applies.

Mini bars - these places usually do not serve any food. You’ll find them all over Cali. They are little shops with a small bar and a cooler for beer. Outside you will have a few tables with plastic chairs and a TV or 2 playing soccer. These are great for hanging out with friends.

Small indoor bars - these have small dance floors and have no cover charge or a “consumibles” fee of up to 10,000 pesos which go toward drinks. These can get unbelievably packed. There will be no room for fancy dancing. La Topa Tolondra is usually packed and has no cover charge and is just south of Rio Cali. Only locals frequent this place. Tin Tin Deo has a 10K consumibles charge and has more tourists since it’s a famous salsa club - go on Thursday night.

Large Outdoor Bars - these are open air establishments. My favorite ones are Cafe Mi Terra in the Menga neighborhood in the north - my default afterparty spot. Las Brisas en Jamundi is in the far south and is great on Mondays.

Large clubs/discos - there is usually lots of seating in these places for large groups of people. During Friday and Saturday nights, the dance floor usually isn’t big enough since most of the floor area is for tables. Table service is expected everywhere you go, and is not absurdly expensive the way it is in NYC. See Roosh’s book for pricing information. Compared to clubs in NYC, the clubs in Cali are very laid back and more casual. They welcome you. No dress code. There are no dumb lines with dick bouncers when the places are half empty inside. There are a few very large clubs in the Menga district - Jala and Favela are very nice on Saturday. Favela is huge, very modern, has multiple levels with a central atrium. The lighting they have in there is crazy good and the lasers are strong - probably illegally by US standards - otherwise, places like Webster Hall or Pascha would have better.

In places with cover charges of 15,000 pesos, the environment is a lot nicer, and so is the quality of girls you will meet. You will also encounter narcos or drug lords partying in these places too. The most ridiculous sight I’ve seen while out partying so far is 1 man at a table with 7 hot girls - all of them with butt and breast implants. Needless to say I did not approach the gangsta’s girls.

Overall, the nightlife is geared toward groups of people. Everyone can dance Salsa at a basic level. I find going out in Cali to be more fun than going out in NYC. There’s just a friendlier more chill vibe, with a focus on the group and the people that you’re with. Although people here have smartphones, it’s rare to see them out. At any given time, maybe 0-5% of people are staring at their phones. Having had the good fortune of growing up during a time before phones, it really seems pitiful to me when I go to a club in NYC and I see so many people using phones as a social crutch while utterly failing to enjoy the moment and to get outside of their heads.

Music - This topic is something that is very special to me. Learning how to dance salsa changed my life. I’ve danced all over the US, in the Caribbean, and in Colombia. Cali is known as the capital of salsa, and for what it has to offer as an overall package, I agree. It is possibly the only city in the world where Salsa is the undisputed heavyweight champion of music and entertainment. The salsa force here is strong. If the music or dancing (or both) is something you enjoy, I highly recommend Cali. If it’s something that you’re curious about, I recommend taking some classes here and trying it out. Salsa is everywhere and for everyone. The cab drivers blast it in their car, you have nightclubs dedicated entirely to salsa music, there’s a disco called Salsa (I wonder what they play inside), they play it in the supermarkets where occasionally live bands will play (yes, in the supermarket next to the veggies). At crossover bars, they play a mix of latin music and 50% of it will be salsa. For a lover of the music like myself, I think that Cali has the best salsa I’ve heard anywhere in the world. From really old tunes from way back in the day to the newest salsa (from anywhere in the world), you will hear them. The mixes here are incredible and many DJs are lifelong salsa aficionados who really understand the music. I compare them to a disastrous salsa DJ from Shanghai I heard once and it makes me laugh. In the crossover bars, they also play a really good mix of cha cha, cumbia, vallenato, and other Latin music. When I wasn’t dancing, I found myself singing at the top of my lungs to amazing songs I haven’t heard in 15 years, such as Selena’s Amor Prohibido or Shakira’s earlier hits. I also had the opportunity to see one local band play and it was fantastic. In NYC, you will find a crowd mostly 40+ at live salsa performances. In Colombia, it’s a much better mix of young and old.

Dancing - A basic level of dancing is something that I would consider a prerequisite for maximizing the nightlife fun in Cali. Although everyone can dance a basic level of salsa here, the overall level of dancing is very low. You have trained professional dancers which are amazing, and you have the general population. Although most people have danced all their lives, they usually have not taken any classes, and have never progressed beyond a few basic steps. They dance the basic basics every song, every night, week after week, year after year, for their entire lives. This is great for most non-dancing Americans because anyone who takes regular salsa classes for 1 year will be way better than the average person in Cali. There are many styles of salsa. For Cali, it’s best to take Salsa Calena (Cali Style Salsa) - you can look this up on youtube and you will notice the fast and furious footwork, and not much spinning for the girls. General Colombian Style salsa is very similar to Salsa Calena, with less crazy footwork. These two are your best bet if you want to prepare before you come to Cali, which I recommend. Unfortunately, outside of New Jersey and NYC, I can’t think of a place with a large enough Colombian population to sustain it. In NYC, Piel Canela offers it - http://pielcaneladancers.com/classschedu...ton=Search
In New Jersey, I can think of two places - Baila Conmigo Dance Studio in West New York, NJ - Johana vasquez 201-923-4689 6009 Bergenline Ave. W N Y, NJ 07093 [email protected].
She is the girl in this video and she has some serious credentials - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv_f7hsheFE
The other place in NJ is in Linden - http://otto-show.com/
I know Salsa Calena is taught in London as well.
If you cannot find Colombian salsa, your best bet would be Los Angeles/LA/On 1 salsa. The timing and footwork of On 1 salsa is the same as salsa Calena, and girls will be able to follow you. You won’t need more than the first few basic moves you learn in the first few weeks of classes for Cali because the average girls there won’t be able to follow it. There is no limit to how much rhythm you can develop, so if you enjoy it, you might as well keep going. Otherwise, 6 months will be enough to make your trip very enjoyable during the nighttime salsa in Cali. In NYC, we mostly dance On 2, which is on a different timing. For Cali, I wouldn’t recommend it. There are a few other styles I’m aware of - Cuban, Miami Casino, Rueda - I have no experience with these and therefore do not know how the timing works compared to salsa Calena. Keep in mind, getting any dance experience is better than going to Cali cold and learning it there. Learning any style of salsa will force you to learn timing and how to count, and familiarize you with the music.

The professionals here are incredible. They take things very seriously. The schools are geared toward routines and winning competitions. Calena style salsa is focused on fast and furious footwork. I’ve made friends with a few professionals and would love to meet more, but they usually don’t go out to clubs for dancing - it’s boring for them since so few people dance at a high level. At times, I feel the same way. In NYC, we have socials every night of the week where I can find good music and moderate to high level dancers all gathered for the sole purpose of social dancing, practicing, and improving. I haven’t found that in Cali. Sometimes, an incredible song comes on and I want to bust out dancing, but I am by far the highest level salsa dancer in the club, and I wind up doing basics with a girl for the entire song since she can barely do a single turn. So, I listen to the best Salsa music night after night, but unless I go out with professionals, I find myself wishing people danced at a higher level - for me, this is perhaps the only drawback of Cali nightlife.

Safety and Driving - You can find all over the internet information about safety in Colombia. Other information I think would be useful to tourists pertain to buses, taxis, and driving. I already talked a bit about the insane bus driver. I would like to further emphasize how insane it is to take buses in Colombia - especially the overnight buses that go from one town to another while traveling over mountains. I wanted to visit a town close to Medellin called Santa Fe. Since it was so close, the only option was to take a bus. Unfortunately, I missed the stop at Santa Fe, and continued up high into the mountains to lord knows where. It is scary up there - there is no infrastructure. If your bus breaks down, no one will come to help for a long time. The roads are usually only 2 narrow lanes and buses come within inches of each other. Rockslides and mudslides which block roads are common, especially when it rains. There are no guardrails to prevent you from falling off the mountain. The bus drivers think they are starring in an episode of Fast and Furious: Colombia. We were so close to the edge of the mountain that the rocks kicked up by the tires fell over the edge. I was very scared. On top of all this insanity, our bus broke down - buses are not well maintained. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/colombia-bus-cr...54304.html
At night, it’s even more dangerous because there are no lights! If things go wrong, you die.

I drive in NYC and I battle the entire fleet of yellow taxis, messengers on bicycles, and hordes of pedestrians without a problem. I consider myself a skilled driver, but I would never consider driving in Cali, especially at night. I may be repeating myself, but.. it’s insane! Life is cheaper and less valued. There are many many more scooters on the road that you have to contend with. People on scooters and bicycles attempt suicide squeezes all the time and it’s not like in the US where fear of lawsuits will make drivers hold back. In Cali, we get collisions. I saw my first corpse outside of a funeral home in Cali. The guy was lying in a pool of his own blood in the street next to his wrecked motorcycle with a jacket draped over him.

At night, the driving insanity reaches a new level. There are less cars and pedestrians on the road, but traffic lights stop mattering and every intersection becomes a crossroads between life and death. I take cabs at night, and they go fast. When they approach a red light, they do not stop or slow down. They honk twice, and blast right through it at full speed. Cab drivers moving perpendicular to you have the right of way so they do not stop either. The strategy is “I hope I do not collide.” On some roads, there are arrows on the ground which indicate flow of traffic. The first time a cab driver went against these arrows at night, I thought to myself WTF and I asked him what he was doing. He and 10 other cab drivers have tried explaining the system to me, but I still don’t get it fully... something about flecha no importa.. O_o.... From what I am able to understand, the arrows on the ground and one-way streets no longer matter at night anywhere.

If you are a pedestrian, be careful. You do not have the right of way. You will get run over. People will not stop. I haven’t seen anyone dumb enough to cross a street while texting. Doing so will get you killed.

People and Culture - I read some of the threads about DR and how things can be very screwed up with people trying to cheat hustle and steal from you all the time. I haven’t experienced anything like that here in Cali. It probably also has something to do with the people I hang out with - younger, middle-class, early to mid-20’s college educated, english-speaking folks with jobs/careers. I’ve always felt very welcome here and making friends has been very easy. The Caleno culture is just something that I resonate with - I can be my true self without holding back and it’s ok. I found people in general to be very helpful, friendly, curious, and more patient. For example, when I was at a University cafeteria, I was confused about what the server was trying to say to me. I had never encountered “blanquillos” before (white beans). The guy in front of me helped with the translation, and we wound up having an hour lunch together chatting and exchanging information about Colombian and American culture. It’s something that just happened spontaneously without any effort on my part. This is just one example of something that would never happen in NYC without me being being the initiator in my social mode. When it comes to friendliness, NYC is a cold and unwelcoming place. When I first started my PUA/social training, it felt like I was climbing up a mountain. Even after achieving proficiency, going out and being awesome still feels like something I have to flip a switch and turn on, and although it is vastly easier than when I first started out, there is still work involved and I have to exert a degree of mental effort - especially at the start of a night. Despite all my social awareness and understanding, this is something I have not quite been able to grasp yet. In Cali, being friendly, social, and awesome just happens naturally for me. I am always on. I make friends and meet women effortlessly. Despite years of training and practice, in NYC it still feels very subtly like I am doing something against the social grain when I go into awesome mode. I read the reports of other travelers and here and there I get a sense that things are just more easy and natural outside the USA. For me, Cali is one of those places - I just don’t fully understand why yet.

Cali Overall - with the information provided above, I’ve done my best to convey to the Roosh peeps what Cali is really like. It’s information I would have liked to have available before I began my world travels. It would have been a damn shame to have had to travel the entire world while missing this place. Fortunately for me, I found my paradise quite easily. If it wasn’t for family ties, I would move to Cali. For now, I am happy to have my special little city in this big world.

Final Thoughts - The Game by Neil Strauss first came out in late 2005. The cast of characters in the book are what I consider the pioneers or our first generation - I would group Roosh in this same category. Having discovered the game in 2006 and having trained under those cast of characters, I consider myself 2nd generation - and I certainly feel like an old dog compared to today’s youngsters. I put in my foundation field work early and contributed in other forums until I felt I had nothing more to add and went quiet. For several years now, I’ve been a lurker on the Manosphere sites - they are hugely entertaining reads. I’ve been on the down low doing my own thing for the past several years and this Cali Datasheet is one of the only 2 things I can think of that hasn’t already been said.

The second would be my thoughts on a subject that is starting to gain traction. Bits and pieces are mentioned here and there in the Manosphere, but I don’t recall having read a synthesized and compiled post on a subject I’d like to call “the complete male package.” I’m only writing this because it is information I would have liked to have had when I was younger, for the purpose of planning life goals. It’s always better to have guidance instead of stumbling onto stuff accidentally and having it work out.

After having accomplished some very meaningful life goals, I have come to deeply appreciate the power of CANI - the Japanese management concept of Continuous and Never-ending Improvement - especially when it is applied to many areas of a man’s life simultaneously over a long period of time. As with many things, it is great to have youth on your side when you start your journey of self development. I am almost 30. After having observed many men, it is obvious that something happens around age 40. Compared to 30 and 20 year olds, they have much less energy. The blazing determined energy I had when I first started 6 years ago which drove me to become successful with women and enabled me to push past failure night after night, is still with me. I feel like a super saiyan - only that energy is directed towards different life goals now. I carefully observe men 40+, and although there are definitely super awesome men out there, it is undeniable that they have less of the youthful energy which I still have in abundance. The ones that are awesome at 40 are awesome because they built an awesome life for themselves in their youth, and can coast off the fruits of their labor. I started out as a beta at 23 years old and it was difficult to undo 23 years of social conditioning. I can’t imagine what it must be like for a person who is 40 or 50 to discover red pill wisdom after a lifetime of living as a beta. Not only are they battling many more years of social conditioning and ingrained mental patterns, they are physiologically at a disadvantage and simply have less energy available to expend on whatever areas of self development they choose. With youth, men are able to tackle many more things simultaneously, and have the advantage of time working with them. For example, a person that plants good financial seeds at the age of 20 will likely have a fully grown fruit producing tree by the age of 40 that they will be able to enjoy for the rest of their life with much of their youth intact. A man trying to plan the same seed at 40 will only get to enjoy the full harvest at 60 when he’s old. With this in mind, I would like to encourage anyone reading to start working on becoming “the complete package,” as soon as possible, and not just for getting women. That can be a huge motivating factor but it’s not everything. There’s something magical about a man who has fearlessly lived a full, focused life of your own choosing and making. Contrast this with a man who has worked all his life at a job he hates only to secure a pension that he will be able to utilize only after he is old (municipal city workers come to mind). Their souls have been destroyed. You can see it in their eyes and in the way they carry themselves - they are old, tired, and lifeless. Don’t be these dudes - be the complete package.

So, what is a male with the complete package? For me, it is a male that has maximized his potential in the following 4 areas of life - Health, Wealth, Relationships, and Self-Actualization. A male who starts working on these areas simultaneously while very young (17-18 years), will be superhuman by the time he’s in his 30s compared with the average males in the world.

Maximizing Health - eating right, sleeping enough, not abusing drugs or alcohol - these are baseline standards which need to be maintained throughout life. The development aspect would come from working out, stretching, cardio, and general exercising continuously over a lifetime to develop the physique you want and to minimize the loss of flexibility (by stretching) that comes with age. For me, gaining muscle mass the first time around was very difficult. It has been far easier to maintain or regain previously existing muscle mass than developing it for the first time. I started lifting at 18. It was very nice to have achieved my peak form at 22. Although I haven’t been there for many years, I was able to establish a baseline physique that never goes below a certain level, which is still above average - I’ve been coasting on the work I put in 12 years ago when I had the time to lift almost every day (in college).

Maximizing Wealth - I found the book The Millionaire Fastlane to be very helpful for setting financial goals. I’ll summarize it briefly:
The Sidewalk - people on the sidewalk are going nowhere financially. They are drowning in debt, and will stay that way forever. Financial abundance will forever elude them. They work at a job they don’t like and struggle pay off the debt they obtained from buying things (that won’t make them happy) in an attempt to impress people that don’t care about them. Do not be one of these people.
The Slowlane - people who do not make financially irresponsible decisions the way the Sidewalkers do. They can be middle to upper class and usually work at a job or have their own business. They can usually save money. They cannot stop working for long time without a decrease in their quality of life. They are chained to their work and if the income stops, they are unable to maintain their way of life/spending levels without interruption. People can do quite well at this level. I’m at this level. I can go on vacation for a few weeks and have plenty of money to spend. I cannot however, quit my job and travel indefinitely.
The Fastlane - people on this path are on their way to financial freedom either through passive income or by earning large lump sums of cash (not possible by working at a regular job). The ultimate goal is to have enough money to sustain your way of living without requiring much of your time, which frees you to do everything else.
My boss currently makes $250-$500K/yr. He cannot stop. He has a wife that doesn’t work, 3 kids on their way to college, a mortgage, etc. His income passivity is at 0. Despite the large amount he pulls in every year, he cannot stop and is firmly in the slowlane. If I can manage to net $50K a year with very little of my time, it’ll be enough to free me to accomplish all of my life goals while having enough money to spend. Whatever your financial goals are. you want it to be in the fastlane. Everyone needs fastlane wealth. It does not come easily and can be elusive just like red pill wisdom. Going to college and then getting a 9 to 5 job will not lead you there. It is best to start working on this early while you are young - read the book for more details.

Maximizing Relationships - Develop and maintain good relationships with family and friends of your own choosing. People that genuinely care about you in life are very rare. Even if I had the opportunity to constantly bang the hottest girls on the planet, my life would feel very empty without loving friends and family to share it with. In this area I would also place your relationships with women in whatever form you choose to have them (wife, girlfriend, harem, f-buddies, one night stands). If you’re not satisfied with your love life, freakin go out there and work on it by approaching. Use the Roosh Program - http://www.rooshv.com/the-roosh-program. The importance of getting this aspect of your life handled cannot be understated. As men, we are constantly distracted by the testosterone in our body which causes us to want to get with girls constantly. If you don’t get to a level where your sex life is acceptable to you, it will be a constant distraction as you try to work on other goals. Get this over with, especially if you are young. I started at 23 and peaked at 26. I’ve been coasting since then. I am not at my peak form, but I elevated my game years ago to a level that is satisfactory, and although I may not be super saiyan alpha, I will never fall back into beta mode. Even if I do regress a bit more than I want (while focusing on financial goals for example), I know exactly what to do to get back up to peak form since I’ve put in the work already! The second time around will be a lot easier. You don’t want to be 40 or 50 and running around approaching all night - it’s exhausting mentally and physically. Your ego takes a massive beating. Thank goodness I did it when I was young. The benefits of getting your Game handled are innumerable - inner and outer confidence, social awareness, social calibration, easier to make friends and deal with people, ability to handle male competition, realizing that rejection is nothing, developing an abundance mentality, developing resistance to women gaining power over you, and lest I forget - HOT ASS of your own choosing!

Self Actualization - this would include hobbies, travel, cooking, martial arts, and whatever else you can think of for yourself that you can see yourself doing that would not fall into the categories above. For me, it’s latin dancing, world travel, and learning Spanish. Again, it’s better to start young. I’ve been dancing for 6 years now. I’ve developed a very good and smooth rhythm that only comes with lots of practice. It cannot be faked, and cannot be obtained in a short period of time. I feel bad for people who discover dancing for the first time at 40+. For both men and women, the body is noticeably less fluid and flexible at that age compared to a person in their early 20s. The body motion I have been able to develop is something that will stay with me for life. I look at dancers that started dancing in their youth and who still have the body movement in their 50s. People who start dancing at 40+ however, cannot develop it no matter how hard they try. It is impossible. You can start young and continue to be an amazing salsa dancer all your life. You can’t start at 40 and ever hope to compete with someone who started when they were 20. Dancing is only one example. Whatever you want to do or become, don’t wait - start now so that youth will be on your side.

I was lucky enough to unconsciously be doing all of these things at once throughout my 20s. I’m not trying to toot my own horn here, but I want to give an example of what is possible with CANI (Continuous and never-ending improvement) in all these areas of life. I take a trip to Colombia. I am young, and have done well in the health department - I am in shape and have muscular definition which surpasses most of my male competition here. I feel fantastic having never touched drugs or alcohol. Because I worked out, I wear clothing which flatters my form. Colombianas, which are more direct, give me compliments such as “lindo, guapo, y hermoso”. I caught up on my cardio before my trip so that I would be able to handle dancing furious salsa Calena. My wealth is in check - no debt at all. If I wanted to, I could quit my job and last a long time (though not indefinitely). Money is not a concern at all with a job to go back to. I can afford to buy people beers and be generous (not at stupid da papaya levels), which makes me stand out greatly from broke hippe tourists and relatively poorer Colombian males. If I wanted to, I could take girls out to a nice restaurant every night for weeks on end and bring her back to a nice house which I’ve rented. In a society where survival and material needs are a concern (unlike the USA), provider attraction switches would definitely be flipped. My relationships are not an issue at all. I am happy and fulfilled with the relationship I have with my family and close circle of friends. I did my PUA training long ago and have long since become a sexually confident, aware, non-needy, and socially calibrated man with Charisma, who is not afraid to approach, lead and seal the deal every step of the way from beginning to end with women. Like Roosh, if I happen to come across a culture that is different than what I am used to, I am not afraid. I know how to put in the work necessary to attract the women. Self-actualization - I’ve traveled the world - I count over 2 dozen major cities in a dozen countries. I have a wealth of rich travel experiences and stories to share. I’ve been studying latin dancing for years - it is something that I am genuinely passionate about, and it was not something I did just to impress or meet girls. Over time, I’ve developed the ability to make girls feel very special and look very good on the dance floor - this is something

that girls enjoy, especially in Cali where salsa dancing has a lot of social value (unlike in an Irish pub playing rock music). I’ve studied some Spanish and have made a real effort in learning the language (though I am still pretty bad). I’ve put in the work and have discovered a special little niche in the world where I happen to be super exotic and unique - a Spanish speaking, world traveling, salsa dancing American. This makes girls think to themselves - WTF? In RSD, there was a saying - the self is always shining through. So, when I communicate with Calenas, I present the complete package above. Let’s compare this with my competition. Average Colombians - Skinny, never spent any time in the gym, poor, possessive and jealous betas with scarcity mentality, no real developed talents or travel experiences due to being poor, low level salsa dancing. In general, I beat them in all metrics except for Spanish communication. Average Gringo Sex Tourists - No Spanish, No salsa dancing, betas with little or no PUA skills, little to no wealth or even negative wealth, overweight with pot belly. Unless the girl has a specific preference for gringos with white skin, I win in all metrics. Over the long term, there’s no question I will be able to consistently pull higher quality girls once I get my Spanish down. I hope I’ve made it obvious how advantageous it is to be a complete male package.

For the next few years, most of my energy will be dedicated to going from the Wealth slowlane to the Fastlane. This will enable to to finally plug the last remaining holes in what I envision as my complete package. With enough passive income, I won’t have to work at my job anymore, which will free me to do long term travel in South America with the simultaneous goal of become very good in Spanish. This would conceivably enable me access to the highest echelon of girls available in Cali. I can’t think of anything else I would need in my skillset. If there’s something I find lacking, I will have the time to work on raising it to the requisite level rapidly, thanks to the time made available by financial independence.

And, thats The Complete Male Package. It’s the synthesis of all I’ve learned in my adult life that I believe would be beneficial to the readers here. It’s not something that happens overnight. It’s the antithesis of the fast fix magic pill Western culture. It cannot be faked. http://www.returnofkings.com/711/the-syn...-and-money
Game and money? Game or money? I’ll have both please, kk thx. I’ve been trying to poke holes in this system, but it’s been holding up pretty well. If someone can see where this system falters, I would like to know about it and learn from it.

I would like to give my sincere thanks to Roosh and the other First Generation PUAs who opened my eyes and enabled me to change my life for the better.

I hope this post is of benefit to you all.

StarcraftGG

Excellent First Post StarCraft and welcome to the Forum.

as some would say " You came out swinging "

Happierabroad link above in 1st post isn't working.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

In deciding whether to move to Brazil or Columbia, this will definitely be valuable. Thanks for the write up.

That was a baller post Starcraft. It's interesting to read your growth into the complete package. Looking forward to hearing more top notch intel from you playa!

Which neighborhood do you recommend staying in Cali?

Best overall ie, ease of use, girls, bars, nightclubs, logistics, food etc.

unbelievably epic post! Not to mention you stole a lot of my thunder after just returning from a 1.5 month trip in Bogota. Great stuff man! Im back in NYC for only a few days now and am already planning a return trip for another month to Colombia. Question is ...Medellin or Cali. This post makes it more difficult to choose!

Quote: (01-01-2013 12:49 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I would recommend one of three neighborhoods:

1. San Fernando - this is probably the safest one of the three. It's a bit more upscale than the other 2. It's west of Calle 5 (major street) round the mid-20's carreras. It's right by the Parque del Perro (look it up in google maps). That is a great date spot with places to sit and the park is surrounded by restaurants and bars. So if you get dates, have them meet you at the park - go hang out and drink a bit at the park or whatever, then just walk back to your apartment.

2. San Antonio - this is a little more dangerous at night than San Fernando but safe during the day. It's west of Calle 5, around the single digit carreras. It has lots of good restaurants and a few coffee/pastry spots that make great date places. As you go west, it's uphill which leads to Parque San Antonio/Iglesia de San Antonio - a great park with a nice view. It makes for a great hangout spot - after dinner, before dinner, whatever.

3. The third option is something I haven't tried but I have thought about - staying somewhere in the North, which is close to a few hotspots. Chipichape Centro Comercial is a famous mall with hot girls. It makes for a great date spot - the food court has some amazing food (Lenos y Carbon). That is in the North of Cali by Avenida 6N (norte) and Calle 36N. The Menga neighborhood I wrote about is a few minutes north at Calle 70. Avenida 6N is also known as La Sexta - it's basically one long strip of bars and clubs starting from the single digit Calles up to the upper 20s.

Great post! Mixx is that you lol

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have more gems like that in the future.

I do like "negritas", so what city would you recommend?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-01-2013 01:34 PM)StarcraftGG Wrote:  

1. San Fernando - this is probably the safest one of the three. It's a bit more upscale than the other 2. It's west of Calle 5 (major street) round the mid-20's carreras. It's right by the Parque del Perro (look it up in google maps). That is a great date spot with places to sit and the park is surrounded by restaurants and bars. So if you get dates, have them meet you at the park - go hang out and drink a bit at the park or whatever, then just walk back to your apartment.

2. San Antonio - this is a little more dangerous at night than San Fernando but safe during the day. It's west of Calle 5, around the single digit carreras. It has lots of good restaurants and a few coffee/pastry spots that make great date places. As you go west, it's uphill which leads to Parque San Antonio/Iglesia de San Antonio - a great park with a nice view. It makes for a great hangout spot - after dinner, before dinner, whatever.

3. The third option is something I haven't tried but I have thought about - staying somewhere in the North, which is close to a few hotspots. Chipichape Centro Comercial is a famous mall with hot girls. It makes for a great date spot - the food court has some amazing food (Lenos y Carbon). That is in the North of Cali by Avenida 6N (norte) and Calle 36N. The Menga neighborhood I wrote about is a few minutes north at Calle 70. Avenida 6N is also known as La Sexta - it's basically one long strip of bars and clubs starting from the single digit Calles up to the upper 20s.

Very impressive posts. Are you familiar with Ciudad Jardin? It is an upscale neighborhood located in the south part of Cali. That is where I stayed. Surprisingly, many people who claim to be from Cali and many people who have visited Cali have never heard of it.

Quote: (01-01-2013 01:34 PM)StarcraftGG Wrote:  

Nice info Starcraft. Mixx (ex forum member and Colombia expert)used to say he would stay in the strato 6 neighborhood of Granada, which I believe is in the northern part of the Cali. Would you recommend getting a pad there?

Quote: (01-01-2013 06:37 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Very impressive posts. Are you familiar with Ciudad Jardin? It is an upscale neighborhood located in the south part of Cali. That is where I stayed. Surprisingly, many people who claim to be from Cali and many people who have visited Cali have never heard of it.

There's a GREAT rooftop bar in that neighborhood. Highly recommend.

Quote: (01-01-2013 02:50 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Great post! Mixx is that you lol

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have more gems like that in the future.

I do like "negritas", so what city would you recommend?

I honestly haven't been to any city in Colombia where I saw lots of negritas. Perhaps you should look into another region.. such as Africa?

If you're determined to stay in Colombia and get Negritas... I would do Bogota simply because the significantly larger population will guarantee you find some.

From what I was able to dig up on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_et..._Colombia. That could be a starting point for research.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am aware of Ciudad Jardin. When I was doing my neighborhood exploration, I was there. For the potential travelers reading this, Merenguero's recommendation would be another viable option. The Unicentro and Jardin Plaza malls I mentioned are very close. It's also practically next door to Uni Valle. Also, I heard great things about Rio Pance but I didn't get a chance to go. I'll check that out next time.

The south is definitely more tranquilo than the North. From Carrera 50 to the 100s, the place seemed very nice. The north seemed somewhat older and grimier by comparison. I couldn't put my finger on exactly why. As I walked around, I thought to myself: I might just want to settle down here one day. I will spend a lot more time exploring the south on my next trip.

[/quote]

Nice info Starcraft. Mixx (ex forum member and Colombia expert)used to say he would stay in the strato 6 neighborhood of Granada, which I believe is in the northern part of the Cali. Would you recommend getting a pad there?
[/quote]

I'm actually not too familiar with Granada. In general, I would say the location of your pad isn't that important so long as you have one to bring girls back to. As long as your pad is close to anywhere that makes a good meetup spot, then you're set. The success will come from Day 2 or onward. Have them come meet you at your place or close by. Also working for you is the fact that Cali is not a very large city and cabs are not expensive. At night, a negotiated cab ride from the Menga in the far north Calle 70N back to the equivalent of Calle 0 (70 blocks), is only 12,000 pesos. That's approximately $6.50.

I am confused by saying Cali doesn't have black women.

When I was there I saw many.

I went to a free concert series in their stadium, and the crowd was mostly black. I stayed with a black friend and his family there. They had many black neighbors, and many mixed ones as well.

Are you guys riding Mio at all? Are you checking out the areas near the Universities?

Even in chipichape there were plenty of cute black girls around. My friend there chilled with a very mixed race group of friends, maybe half black or mixed.

Colombia has the 3rd largest Afro population in the Americas, after Brazil and the USA. You guys are definitely missing something.

For instance, here are two short videos about the music festival I went to:

http://vimeo.com/33816000
http://vimeo.com/14395542

Statistics show Cali has over 1 million afro-colombians:

Cali, con cerca de 1.100.000 afrodescedientes, es la segunda ciudad en Latinoamérica, después de Salvador de Bahía, en Brasil, donde se concentra el mayor número de personas de esta población.

Según la Secretaría de Desarrollo y Bienestar Social local, en el Valle del Cauca está el 27% de todos los afrodescendientes del país y en Cali representan el 52% de la población total de la ciudad.

Estas cifras se recuerdan hoy, Día de la Afrocolombianidad, por parte de numerosas organizaciones y líderes que destacan el papel de este grupo poblacional en la vida de la ciudad.

De acuerdo con la Administración local, en la capital del Valle del Cauca este sector tiene una fuerte presencia en las comunas 7, 14, 15, 16 y 21, ubicadas al oriente de la ciudad y en zonas cercanas al río Cauca.

Existe un porcentaje muy bajo de personas de esta raza en estratos socio económicos altos”, señala Clara Inés Ossa, investigadora de asuntos étnicos de la Universidad Javeriana.
http://accolombia.com/noticias/panorama-...erica.html

El 36 por ciento de la comunidad afrocolombiana que habita en Cali se encuentra sobre la línea de pobreza. Los caleños no pertenecientes a esta comunidad, son menos pobres (31 por ciento).
http://www.elespectador.com/noticias/nac...es-de-cali

Are you all pricing yourself out of the black community? Blacks are poor in Cali, as they are in all the Americas. Are you just avoiding common places to the extent that you don't even notice half of the city?

Great report Starcraft! I will be spending alot of time in Colombia this year..Where did you find your place to stay in Cali?

Quote: (01-01-2013 11:52 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I am confused by saying Cali doesn't have black women.

When I was there I saw many.

I went to a free concert series in their stadium, and the crowd was mostly black. I stayed with a black friend and his family there. They had many black neighbors, and many mixed ones as well.

Are you guys riding Mio at all? Are you checking out the areas near the Universities?

Even in chipichape there were plenty of cute black girls around. My friend there chilled with a very mixed race group of friends, maybe half black or mixed.

Colombia has the 3rd largest Afro population in the Americas, after Brazil and the USA. You guys are definitely missing something.

For instance, here are two short videos about the music festival I went to:

http://vimeo.com/33816000
http://vimeo.com/14395542

Statistics show Cali has over 1 million afro-colombians:

Cali, con cerca de 1.100.000 afrodescedientes, es la segunda ciudad en Latinoamérica, después de Salvador de Bahía, en Brasil, donde se concentra el mayor número de personas de esta población.

Según la Secretaría de Desarrollo y Bienestar Social local, en el Valle del Cauca está el 27% de todos los afrodescendientes del país y en Cali representan el 52% de la población total de la ciudad.

Estas cifras se recuerdan hoy, Día de la Afrocolombianidad, por parte de numerosas organizaciones y líderes que destacan el papel de este grupo poblacional en la vida de la ciudad.

De acuerdo con la Administración local, en la capital del Valle del Cauca este sector tiene una fuerte presencia en las comunas 7, 14, 15, 16 y 21, ubicadas al oriente de la ciudad y en zonas cercanas al río Cauca.

Existe un porcentaje muy bajo de personas de esta raza en estratos socio económicos altos”, señala Clara Inés Ossa, investigadora de asuntos étnicos de la Universidad Javeriana.
http://accolombia.com/noticias/panorama-...erica.html

El 36 por ciento de la comunidad afrocolombiana que habita en Cali se encuentra sobre la línea de pobreza. Los caleños no pertenecientes a esta comunidad, son menos pobres (31 por ciento).
http://www.elespectador.com/noticias/nac...es-de-cali

Are you all pricing yourself out of the black community? Blacks are poor in Cali, as they are in all the Americas. Are you just avoiding common places to the extent that you don't even notice half of the city?

It is fairly easy to miss half the city because there is no reason to go there.....but you are right..... Cali has the largest black pop. of any large city in Colombia.

[/quote]

I'm actually not too familiar with Granada. In general, I would say the location of your pad isn't that important so long as you have one to bring girls back to. As long as your pad is close to anywhere that makes a good meetup spot, then you're set. The success will come from Day 2 or onward. Have them come meet you at your place or close by. Also working for you is the fact that Cali is not a very large city and cabs are not expensive. At night, a negotiated cab ride from the Menga in the far north Calle 70N back to the equivalent of Calle 0 (70 blocks), is only 12,000 pesos. That's approximately $6.50.
[/quote]

I prefer to stay in the north as it is much closer to the best night life in Menga, Granada and El Penon.

Quote: (01-01-2013 11:53 PM)Freddy_1 Wrote:  

Great report Starcraft! I will be spending alot of time in Colombia this year..Where did you find your place to stay in Cali?

http://www.fincaraiz.com.co/casas/arrien...aspx?bsm=3
http://cali.vivavisos.com/apartamentos-en-arriendo

Give those a shot.

I lived in Cali for 8 months ... my favorite place to party on planet Earth. I am happy to see others enjoy it.

It is not a good idea for an English only men, solo, with little time. But, if you can invest in people, language and culture, it pays you back many times over. This is not a place to be a dick! BTW. Bad things happen every weekend, so understand you are in a world where consequences can be most severe.

Like Electronic? Eliptica some nights (and mornings) is like a sexual dream.

Quote: (01-01-2013 11:53 PM)Freddy_1 Wrote:  

calirentals.net

calipenthouse.com

excellent post, starcraftgg.

I'm heading there, leaving tonight.

Where to take Salsa classes? My on 1 LA style needs to acclimatize big time.