rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My definititive Match.com strategy thread (with sample emails)

I intend for this to be a "living thread" that I'll add to as needed. My main point is to pep talk you guys and demonstrate what kinds of emails work well. I have a few buddies on Match (ranging from lawyer and doctor to valet at a 3 star hotel) and none of them know how to properly target and email. Targeting is key and emailing is even more key. Yes, it takes some time to fire off a custom email, but there is a pattern than you can draw from and once you get the hang of it you can crank out a funny and effective custom email in under 5 minutes.

I've noticed that a lot of guys on here have nothing but negatives to say about Match.com. I feel like I can help. Now I luckily fit into that category of white, 6-1, fit, handsome, good pics, cool dog, graduate degree, etc. but I would argue adamantly that Match.com is the most time-efficient tool for any form of dating. Period. I approach in bars. I make day approaches downtown where I live. But Match is awesome and should be an important part of your arsenal if you have the right characteristics. The best thing is that your competition on Match.com is fucking horrendous. I've had at least 40 dates since I moved to my new city and close to half of them have (unsolicited) said by our second drink something along the lines of "wow - this is so different from my other dates." Knowing where they're going (I'm cool and "normal", their other dates are IP guys or accountants with zero social skills/confidence) I will either prompt them further or downplay it and change the subject to something that I'd talk about on a "normal" date.

There are several factors that you need to realize to maximize your efforts. Unless you're an absolute 9 or 10 in virtually every key facet (looks, life experiences, job, living situation, etc) you should avoid wasting your time by emailing the hottest girls with tons of pictures. She gets hit up by every single guy on the site - literally dozens if not hundreds of emails per day. Move on to a niche that you're interested in - girls with heavy tats, girls who are vegans, girls who are super Christian if you have experience with that game, girls who love your football team, girls who are "foodies" if you can talk a good restaurant game, girls who are super liberal if you can talk deeply on politics, etc. etc. Find your interests, figure out what niche of girl fits some of those interests, and search for them.

I think it's very possible for you to build a portfolio of girls comparable to your range (6-8 if you're a 7.5, for example) to use as a nice confidence booster/calendar filler to supplement with your day game or social networking pickups. In my opinion you don't have to worry about being "beta" on emails - everybody is beta on Match.com and 95% of guys are also lazy as fuck in addition. You'll stand out with strong emails and then when you meet on a date you're alpha, cool, confident, etc.

Email 1)

Subject: Tell me about your trip to Amsterdam...

Judging from your profile you may have even lived there for a spell - I'm very interested in visiting (I think I'd rank it second on my hit list behind Japan) and hope to make it happen in 2013. I enjoyed reading about you - you seem like you have such a diverse set of interests and hobbies... Being an entrepreneur in such a specialized area probably means that you spent a good deal of time with horses your entire life? I'm definitely an animal lover myself, however I have my hands full between travel for work and keeping up with my (redacted) - we moved up here together from our hometown of (redacted) last year (we had previously both lived our entire lives on (redacted - witty reference to hometown area). I enjoy (redacted) though - the job opportunity that I got was too good to pass up and well... I'm dealing with the snow!

So tell me about your cooking - how did you get into cooking Indian and Thai food? I really love the healthier Thai dishes with tons of vegetables and spices. My best meal is probably broiling a filet and making some spaghetti and marinara to go along as a side dish. When's the last time that you went on a wine tasting? I used to do a good many in (redacted) but haven't been to one in (redacted) yet - lots of my new friends up here are beer drinkers.

Well I'll let you go for now, but I hope that you're having a great weekend [Image: smile.gif]

Cheers,

Mike

Email 2)

Subject: You'd be impressed with my Netflix DVD queue

... very British comedy / Period piece / documentary heavy on my recommendations and queue [Image: wink.gif] So hey - I really enjoyed your profile and thought I'd drop you a line. It seems like we might have a ton in common - we're both southerners, tennis aficionados, artsy, and well-traveled. I actually played tennis in college for a couple of years and my parents are TOTAL junkies... if you go to their house I swear they will have the Tennis channel on television. It will probably be some previously recorded match from Beijing between Alexandr Dolgopolov and Radek Stepanek, but they WILL WATCH IT and will not be happy if you change the channel haha.

Tell me about what you're reading/watching as far as documentary/learning lately? I'm about halfway through that "Americans in Paris" book by David McCullough... it's pretty good. I have such an affinity for Paris that I'll swallow up anything remotely related to France - I geeked out to "Russia Against Napoleon" earlier this year and loved it.

Okay I'll let you go but one other anecdote - this morning I was reaching up in my closet to try and find my gloves for my dog's walk... I hadn't bothered to find them yet this year but I'm tired of having freezing hands on these walks. Anyway, I felt the soft leather fingers of my glove, but when I pulled at it, they wouldn't budge. Something was holding them into place, and I gave it a good yank and this huge roller blade came CRASHING DOWN on my foot. Not a pleasant way to start my week. But I thought that a random roller blade story would make you smile - I haven't used them in years but it's nice to see that should the occasion one day arise, there would be at least ONE potential roller blade buddy in (redacted) [Image: smile.gif]

Hope you had a great weekend,

Mike

Nice strategy, Mike. Thanks for sharing!

solid advice mike, thanks
i particularly liked the paragraph on targeting a niche market, i think that's the only way to go on these sites
i'm in ireland so the talent on the websites here isn't great, but the euro chicks do up the quality somewhat
i haven't really focussed on online game in the last year or two, but having read your post, and with your 'niche' concept in mind, i think i'll give it another crack

i'll give this a bump as I like it, but your emails are going to get used a lot now. spoiler them if you can

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

You're the expert, and are having success, but don't you think the openers are a bit long for a typical young lady's attention span?

Quote: (02-13-2013 08:57 AM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

You're the expert, and are having success, but don't you think the openers are a bit long for a typical young lady's attention span?

Actually if this thread ever got bumped I was going to agree with you in regards to girls aimed in the 20-28 range.

These longer witty emails were for my targets who were 26-30 with grad degrees, literataey references, etc.

My bad for not updating - I honestly thought this thread was dormant for good though. I'd condense them by at least half - keep in the money bits.

Ill post some updates shorter emails for younger chicks when I get a few.

While I'm sure Match has potential, aren't girls on there significantly less DTF than OKC/POF due to it far more serious nature?

Quote: (02-13-2013 09:18 AM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2013 08:57 AM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

Actually if this thread ever got bumped I was going to agree with you in regards to girls aimed in the 20-28 range.

These longer witty emails were for my targets who were 26-30 with grad degrees, literataey references, etc.

My bad for not updating - I honestly thought this thread was dormant for good though. I'd condense them by at least half - keep in the money bits.

Ill post some updates shorter emails for younger chicks when I get a few.

As bojangles said, spoiler them or something so you don't get every nob end guest looking at the forum using them.

3 day free trial if you go via match.com/tube

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

what kind of things do you usually put in the "about me and who i'm looking for" section?

Quote: (02-21-2013 12:48 AM)Shadowarrior Wrote:  

what kind of things do you usually put in the "about me and who i'm looking for" section?

emails seem way too long... condense them a bit and should be good

Here's an updated version that got the response "Seriously Mike... best first email ever". I got her number on the subsequent email and dated her for 2 weeks.

My subject: "30 Helens Agree"

Email text: ... It sounds like we have a ton in common. I really enjoyed reading about you - am wondering if you grew up in (redacted)? I would assume so because "ranking cheeses" seems like the most Wisconsin-centric activity Ive ever heard of [Image: biggrin.gif]. What cheese has the fortune to be your #1? I got this incredible truffle cheese (think it's French ) from whole foods last week... I'd look it up but I'm unfortunately in (redacted) for work.

So aside from hating country music and loving Buster Bluth and Canadian sketch comedy from the 1990s lets figure out what else we collectively dig.

Hope your week is going well,

Mike

(notes on the email subject line I came up with: she mentioned the TV program "Kids in the Hall" in her profile and I remembered this sketch from that show. You could do the same thing for example a girl had a Killers lyric as her match.com profile headline, so my email subject to her was "...I've got soul but I'm not a soldier", the last line from the song she quoted. Simple concept. With Google you can even fake this. Chick into Downton Abbey but you've never watched it? Google "best Downton Abbey quotes" - easy to play off after the fact: "Ehh my ex made me watch a few shows but I haven't kept up)

Rest of email is pretty easy - just mentioned things in her profile that most guys wouldn't. Don't pick the obvious, pick one of the more quirky and niche mentions and rock that.

I agree 100% with the previous criticisms that my original emails were too long. It's amazing what better pictures of myself in social settings, deletion of pics that weren't good, and tweaking my emails to short, playful burts have done for my replies. I'm batting nearly 50% on attractive girls in their mid 20's now (even if at 34 I'm slightly out of their stated age range) whereas before I tweaked my pics, profile, and emails I was getting less than 10% response on cute young-to-mid 20's. Despite a previous post I made about shifting to 30-somethings, I've decided against that. I'm having such success with younger birds that I'm devoting all my energy (online anyway)
to that age bracket.

Good post mike. I try not to rely on online game to get a pipeline going after wasting so much time on okc. Would you say match is more time efficient? In your first post you make it seem like the competition is weak, and since it's a paysite the women are probably more serious about meeting in real life and not there to just boost their egos, right?

If you have a good profile and have good pictures it's a great way to build the pipeline and supplement your real-life game