rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Great Sports Documentaries

Lately, Ive been a big fan of sports docus, especially basketball stuff.

This one about the Magic vs Bird rivalry is just great. If you are into bball, check it out.

Drazen Petrovic 30 for 30 was great. I'm a little biased since he's my favorite player of all time though.

The Hank Gathers doc (well, paul westphal) one was great as well. Also the Steve Bartman. The Reggie Miller one was dope as well.

^That looks excellent. Seen the Bird/Magic doc already and it's a good one also. Pretty much anything 30 for 30 makes is great. I think they have them all on Netflix now.

Hoop Dreams is hand down one of the most poignant sports documentaries you can watch. Got the Sundance Awards, Audience Best Documentary award in '94 and is widely regarded of the best doc of its kind ever.

Quote: (12-20-2012 07:56 PM)iWin Wrote:  

Hoop Dreams is hand down one of the most poignant sports documentaries you can watch. Got the Sundance Awards, Audience Best Documentary award in '94 and is widely regarded of the best doc of its kind ever.

Hoop dreams is epic.

When We Were Kings is incredible too, the film won the 1996 Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature:

I like this one. It's about a skateboarding playboy legend who ends up hooked on meth and going to prison.

the 30 for 30 on benji wilson and reggie miller have been my favorites.

Tom Brady's story (as well as that of the 6 quarterbacks teams took ahead of him in his year) makes for very interesting viewing.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

30 for 30 series - my fave is the Escobar story with the Colombian player that got shot.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Any of Canadian hockey icon Don Cherry's Rock em Sock em videos:

Also, Don Cherry brings the custom suit game to another level, check out what he's wearing at the 0:30 mark!

+1 on The Two Escobars. To me it was clearly the best of all the 30 for 30.

Worth a look.

This one is about much more than basketball, it's about friendship, war and life itself; inspirational and moving. Very good for those who want to try to understand the Balkans.

She go crazy, is hamster!

English football hooligans at the 2006 world cup. I guess its not all about sport but still, interesting. Anyone know any other good football (soccer) docos?

Quote: (12-20-2012 07:56 PM)iWin Wrote:  

Watched it yesterday, really great stuff. 3 hours well spent.

The Two Escobars was brilliant.

But the greatest has got to be the recent Senna movie.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

One doc I forgot was the Fab Five documentary from ESPN 30 for 30. Very well done.

Oh damn! I forgot the Fab Five documentary, easily one of the best. Watched it a few times and never gets old.

Unforgiven Blackness - The Jack Johnson story (1st Black Heavyweight World Champion)

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-12-2013 12:50 PM)iWin Wrote:  

One doc I forgot was the Fab Five documentary from ESPN 30 for 30. Very well done.

Nice.

The Klitschko doc is excellent, here's a link, if it doesn't work there are tons more online: http://www.filebox.com/ltgq9afa6coz

Yeah the two Escobars thing was amazing. There's a few about Jose Mourinho on YouTube that are really good too.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Here's another good one: http://vimeo.com/19222363

About a really insane sport played once a year in Italy, basically a cross between football (soccer), rugby and street fighting!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Almost forgot Unguarded. The story of Chris Herren, a high school basketball star and NBA player; his career-long struggles with drug abuse; and his ultimate discovery of redemption and personal fulfillment through the game. This was a pretty revered doc as well. These ESPN docs are the only redeeming factor on the network these days IMO.

Quote: (12-21-2012 12:05 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Any of Canadian hockey icon Don Cherry's Rock em Sock em videos:

Also, Don Cherry brings the custom suit game to another level, check out what he's wearing at the 0:30 mark!

Don Cherry is a straight old-school G. People in Canada either love him or hate him, but I love the guy; he says what he means, means what he says and stands by his convictions (Fact: 99% of the people that hate Don Cherry are women or pussies).

I loved Rock 'em Sock 'em when I was young, and have read his book (as well as Ron MacLean's better-written but ultimately more weesh book).

The movie they made based on his life was good, too.

One of my favorites about Ayrton Senna, It's on Netflix I believe.