rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Matt Dillon's fame game clocks in at under 45 sec.

|In his autobiography, Rob Lowe talks at length about the casting for and filming of The Outsiders. Of course, he also had to say a few things about Matt Dillon, here is one of them:

Matt is funny, wry, and has a sort of jaded charisma that none of us possesses. As we talk, the girls* twitter and whisper in the background.

"Aaah, man, I’m tired. See you at rehearsals,” he says, hoisting his boom box to his shoulder. He crosses to the elevators and passes the gaggle of fans. Then something remarkable happens. He stops dead in his tracks and whispers to a pretty brunette. She listens for a beat, then turns to the four girls she’s standing with and whispers something to them. Matt fiddles with the volume on the boom box. The girls caucus for a total of four seconds, till the brunette leaves her friends behind and joins Matt for a walk to the elevators. He puts his free arm around her. At the last second, just before they enter the elevator, she turns back to look at her friends. Her expression is one I’ve never seen before. It’s like she has a thought balloon over her head that reads: “Holy *beep* How lucky am I?!” Matt yawns, and the elevator doors close. The entire transaction takes less than 45 seconds. So that’s how it is, I think, and take note. Matt *beep* Dillon. My hero."

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/feat...owe-201105

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So when the pussy comes so easily and so "unearned" no wonder one can feel bored with it ("Matt yawns"). For me the thrill of the chase is where the biggest rush is. What do you say fellas, is pussy only truly appreciated when it doesn't fall from the sky and is actually earned fair and square?

Probably yes, things that just fall into your lap are usually not appreciated as much.

That said, I don't care whether he appreciates it or not, as long as he doesn't use his natural Alpha status to white-knight, talk shit about game, or say that "the woman's smile and intelligence are most important things for him".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (12-19-2012 05:16 PM)Gaston Wrote:  

What do you say fellas, is pussy only truly appreciated when it doesn't fall from the sky and is actually earned fair and square?

I think there's truth in that. However, if there was ever a thing that could be appreciated despite having not worked for it, it would be pussy.

I'm sure you appreciate it more if you work for it, but it's still going to be one of the best things a man can enjoy no matter how easy it comes. Good food and good sex are objectively and supremely pleasurable -- we can't create abstract ideas about whether they are pleasurable or not.

EDIT: So what I'm saying is Matt Dillon wins. It doesn't really get any better than to be a man with great genetics and enduring fame.

I think easy pussy with hot girls is more fun than 'the chase'. Everytime. No question.

Cardguy

Quote: (12-19-2012 05:49 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

as long as he doesn't use his natural Alpha status to white-knight, talk shit about game, or say that "the woman's smile and intelligence are most important things for him".

He's 48 years old, never married, and sounds like he knows exactly what he is doing (including the bs. he serves to the press).

"Here's the rub: Dillon, a lifelong bachelor, struggles just like the rest of us, a fact surprising to any guy who happened upon the actor's headshot inside his middle-school girlfriend's locker. It turns out the actor has longings he's unable, perhaps even terrified, to fulfill: those of marriage, a family, real closeness. "I'm more comfortable with myself now," he says of growing older. "I just don't have all the answers yet." And so, as other men his age fine-tune the art of the toddler playdate, Dillon wrestles with solitude and finds love in his work... but he concedes there are still a few missing pieces.

My dad's from another generation. When he was my age, he had six kids. My career, starting so young, it took me in a different direction. I never wanted to have my parents' life. I'm at a place now where I'm open to getting married, having kids. But sometimes I see parents pushing kids in strollers, dressed like their children. The dads have Elmo on their T-shirt, and I think, What a nightmare!... I don't fall in love easily. It's odd; one of the first things I think about when I go out with a woman is what it would be like to be married to her. And yet I have a tough time committing. Maybe that's because I put too much into it." < yeah Matt, like 45 seconds, lol.

http://www.menshealth.com/celebrity-fitn...att-dillon

I know a lot of guys take pride in their skills at the chase, take pleasure in the game, and more pleasure talking about the game.

If there were a choice between no chase and no game required, with double the quality and quantity, versus the challenge to attain the goal, which would you choose?

My guess is we just get invested in what we are doing, and might choose the struggle only because we know we really don't have a choice.

I'm not that interested in the struggle myself. I'll only struggle for a purpose - not for the sake of it. That's how I approached my school work and how I approach my businesses as well. Do the bare minimum, at the last minute, up until the point that there is a crisis, then overcome the crisis. For me it's all about the goal - the rest is just details.

Frankly when I hear guys talk about being good at game, I don't quite understand the enthusiasm. As if that matters. What matters to me is quality of life, and for me there is a direct correlation between the quality of my girls and relationships to them, and quality of life.

It's like relating to pianos. Some guy might be proud because he is rich and can afford to buy any piano in the city. Another is a musician and is happy to own one piano, that he enjoys playing well.

Game is like that. Who cares how easy it is to aquire pianos! Are you enjoying playing quality instruments?

OK, I wasn't at first getting that boom box reference from the first quote/post ("from his boom box to his shoulder"), it turns out it Rob Lowe was taking about the movie Outsiders that came out in '83. So if it was filmed in '82 Matt was only 19 back then, and relatively unknown, so it is safe to say that he probably ran a "boom box" game [Image: idea.gif] on those chicks and not the fame one. Lol.

He still has an enduring fame even if he seldom works and is rarely seen in major productions, so the days of easy 18-year-old tail are probably gone by, but that is not to say that he doesn't get the rest of buffet items that are on celebrity offer.

Dillon is the man.

Rumble Fish is my all time favorite movie.

I based my life on it as a kid.

Shouldn't be a surprise that Dillon is a big time cigarette smoker:

[Image: RumbleFish_MattDillon+SofiaCoppola.jpg]

Dillon is the man. My mother came to visit me in LA once. We were walking out of the Chateau Marmont and held the door for us. Total gentleman.

I think he had that rugged, I-don't-give-a-fuck thing going for him. A little James Dean. He probably said something to the effect of, "Hey, I'm tired and I'm getting out of here. Let's go" to that girl, like he couldn't have cared less if she said yes. He didn't so much ask as tell, and that's all it took to moisten the panties.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-19-2012 06:45 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Dillon is the man. My mother came to visit me in LA once. We were walking out of the Chateau Marmont and held the door for us. Total gentleman.

That is a cool story.

I was playing a gig at Niagara bar in NYC and this guy came up to the stage and asked if we knew an old jazz standard. I had actually learned this tune, but the band didn't know it. He looked really familiar and around my age (this was in 2007 and I'm 32 now). I have trouble recognizing people's faces sometimes and I was thinking, "Shit, I must have gone to college with this guy."

Found out later it was Matt Dillon. The guy just doesn't age.

cuz he always plays the awesome tough bad boy who's got a sincere side too

all the shit he was in when younger is great. outsiders, drugstore cowboy, etc.

I could swear Ive seen a video clip with the matt dillon elevator pickup but its not here?
Is my mind playing tricks on me or does this video exist? can someone post it here?