rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Overcoming Scarcity Mentality

So, I'm in college now, which should mean I'm surrounded with young women at all hours of the day. However, my school only offers engineering as a major, so the ratio is a little skewed to say the least. To make matters worth, the percentage of the females that are worth pursuing is even smaller. The worst part about this is that these select few women understand this situation precisely, and thus can afford to have absurdly high standards.

Of course, much of my competition is also absurdly nerdy and anti-social, but this doesn't quite tip the scales enough. The problem I'm running into is that I'm developing a "scarcity mentality" that makes relaxed approaching difficult. It seems I only spot an attractive, feminine (this is probably the hardest thing to find) girl every so often, and have a hard time holding back enough to run good game. I understand that the key to success here is to genuinely not care, but thats hard when you're faced with a once in a month opportunity and you want to close the thing before someone else does.

I don't have any issues with the actual approaching (since worthy targets are so rare that I feel 100% compelled to do so ASAP), but I'm pretty sure I'm coming across as too eager. I'm not getting any up front rejections, but the flaking out is getting super annoying. Make me upset every time it happens because it was my only hope at least a month or two. I need to escape this mindset and get into the frame of mind that there are plenty of attractive women out there, but since I rarely see any of them, its tough. Any tips on this? The best thing I can come up with is hitting up bars in another town, but my friends are rarely up for this. Something needs to change, though.

Hitting up bars in nearby areas is a great way to get over the feeling of scarcity. If your friends aren't down, you could always try a night solo and just befriend some guys in the area while you're there. Or just meet some new people on campus who would be willing to go with you on a regular basis.

If you feel that isn't an option, you will simply have to appear as if the approach is no big deal by further fine tuning voice tonality, body language, and/or how you close. fake it 'till you make it. (obviously easier said than done)

Flaking out will always happen no matter how good you get (though it will happen less). Accept it now to save yourself future headache.

You will never get over the model of scarcity if girls are... scarce! All it takes for me is a saturday night out in some shithole bars. Branch out of your classes.