rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Depression Advice on stockpiling Ammo and Canned Goods

The End is Nigh © some old character

Seriously though, given the current economic climate, how have you changed your lifestyle.

I'm bout to say good bye to cable, my YMCA membership, and change health care providers.

Getting there.

I already voluntarily decreased my standard of living a year ago. I live on a bare string which I why i currently don't work. Unless the u.s. dollar collapses i won't have to change anything, but i'm sure the government will fail in that respect and i will have to welcome the New World Order with a job. If i was smart i would buy physical gold and silver. Part of me is still in denial that my wealth is being threatened.

I'm not exactly worried. I don't spend much. Never have, probably never will. I like buying stuff that appreciates, not depreciates, over time.

There are only a few ways I could save money over my current level of spending without living with roommates or going carless (not easy in my part of town). Probably the top one would be dropping my cell phone plan (which is already the cheapest regular plan I can find) in favor of a prepaid cell phone.

I too have been spending less from last few months and holding up to my investments. I think it will take another 4-5 months for economy to get over it and then things will be back to normal.

I've always tried to pay cash when I can. I pay my credit card balance in full every month. I have no debt and never bit on one of those low interest mortgages; even at the time when everybody and their mother was buying that $500,000 town home in Silver Spring.

Joke's on me.

Quote: (03-25-2009 05:14 AM)sharris Wrote:  

I think it will take another 4-5 months for economy to get over it and then things will be back to normal.

I don't when the economy will come back. However, I think we've just scratched the surface, and the bailout will only exacerbate our economic woes. I'd be shocked if this economy went back to 'normal' in 5 months.

The bailout doesn't have a any plain money in sight, it bullshit that the debt is so strong. I will welcome any revolution that will bring internationalism commonwealth.