rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gen Z Guys are Passive and Beta as Fuck

This applies to guys born after 1990.

I live in a college town. Often times I'll go out and I'll see I'm the only the guy making aggressive approaches. Every other young dude is clutching his drink and leering at the dance floor. 

Basically the only guys doing approaches are PUAs and older late 20s/30+ cats. The younger dudes will stick to their social circles. You may see the occasional guy doing a half-assed cold approach. He'll get shot down hard and this will ruin his night, deterring him from approaching any other girls.

Often times the only guys making out are with their girlfriends. If it's pure cold approach, it's usually the girl that's the aggressor, not the guy. She'll see a tall, white, muscular pretty boy type, go up to him and wrap her arms around him.

I remember in my college days (not that long ago but pre-Facebook/smartphones) most guys would at least make an effort to chat up girls and dance. I seldom see that anymore - the young dudes look so beaten down and resigned - no assertiveness, no masculinity, no swagger. Meanwhile Gen Z girls seem so cocksure and out of control.

Anyone else notice this? Why is this?

True, a corrolory or however you spell it I'm drunk as a skunk I'd that frat boys approach. But yeah I'm a 1990 dude and then ve noticed at bars that guys my age don't approach. There will be a couple tales with two girls and they just sit there looking bored out of their minds. It's easy. Say they have an ash tray ill go over like tonight and just just say "hey I need to use your ash tray." and really that's all you need to to do. I blame my friend for tonight's lack of success.

I don't see the older guys approaching any more or any less than the young guys do, which isn't very much in the first place. Not to mention most of the time they do approach is when they're drunk.

well but if you look at it like that this is good for us since one would assume there's more girls eagerly waiting to be approached, wirh a low hitch shield.

but this just an assumption and hasn't to be true. german girls don't get approached at all and most of the time they don't want to be approached and will shoot you down, but then again that's just our culture of mistrusting every stranger.

Quote: (12-16-2012 05:48 AM)Branimir Wrote:  

but this just an assumption and hasn't to be true. german girls don't get approached at all and most of the time they don't want to be approached and will shoot you down, but then again that's just our culture of mistrusting every stranger.

Agree about German dudes not approaching. I strenuously object about German girls not wanting to be approached.

One thing I've noticed with some guys in their early 20s, particularly the hipster types, is they won't look you in the eye. Normally as you are walking in opposite direction to someone, and passing each other, you'll make eye contact when you're close. I find these young hipster dudes will avert their gaze inside of 10 yards or so. Very passive and beta.

Quote: (12-16-2012 07:38 AM)assman Wrote:  

One thing I've noticed with some guys in their early 20s, particularly the hipster types, is they won't look you in the eye. Normally as you are walking in opposite direction to someone, and passing each other, you'll make eye contact when you're close. I find these young hipster dudes will avert their gaze inside of 10 yards or so. Very passive and beta.

Dead on. Notice this ALOT in SoCal with these hipster fucks and their tight jeans. I've noticed more though girls mention being turned on by MEN and not boys regardless of the guys age. The more we develop ourselves into being real ALPHA men then we simply will stand out even more.

Half your post smacks of 'Look at me, I'm so alpha, and these guys aren't.'

I was out last night, and did notice something similar. The guys weren't inherently lame, but most had rolled with girls into the joint, girls with whom they had either zero prospects, or were already seriously dating. And the dudes were content with dancing in a circle with their platonic female friends. It was also an event that tends to elicit this sort of crowd, but I see this all the time. I also looked at the dance floor while grinding on a chick, thinking "why does it feel like I'm the only guy who's grinding on a girl he just met?"

Going out with female friends usually backfires, for this reason. The guy gets complacent, and feels like he's not doing that bad, that at least he's talking to cute girls. You sorta have to be a borderline sociopath to make female friends worm in your favor - you'd be constantly ignoring and abandoning your female friends in the pursuit of prospects.

Quote: (12-16-2012 12:35 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Half your post smacks of 'Look at me, I'm so alpha, and these guys aren't.'

I was out last night, and did notice something similar. The guys weren't inherently lame, but most had rolled with girls into the joint, girls with whom they had either zero prospects, or were already seriously dating. And the dudes were content with dancing in a circle with their platonic female friends. It was also an event that tends to elicit this sort of crowd, but I see this all the time. I also looked at the dance floor while grinding on a chick, thinking "why does it feel like I'm the only guy who's grinding on a girl he just met?"

Going out with female friends usually backfires, for this reason. The guy gets complacent, and feels like he's not doing that bad, that at least he's talking to cute girls. You sorta have to be a borderline sociopath to make female friends worm in your favor - you'd be constantly ignoring and abandoning your female friends in the pursuit of prospects.

Yeah, I see this all the time.

I think it's pretty standard.

99% of the people in a nightlife venue are hanging with people they came with.

Rarely do I see a lone wolf like myself trying to rip the place.

I think this is just human nature. People love doing the "safe" thing, which means going out with their friends, hanging and dancing with there friends, then making sure everyone gets home safe.

It's our job to disrupt this.

Like the wolf with a flock of sheep.

I thought bars and clubs were meat markets where men went to meet women and women came to meet men. Am I wrong?

It is actually Gen Y not Gen Z but I agree, I am part of this new generation and this is not an exageration, girls in general are more alpha than guys, sad but true. But this is how I see it, its better for me, if they can't take action than thats really too bad.

The men of this generation are effeminate boys. The women are more masculine than they are and the men are thirsty simps. Everyones unhappy.

I have seen it in middle school, high school, and colleges. Our society has simply beaten the masculinity out of boys and young dudes today. And the reality of is, that guys with game, are such a tiny number that it doesn't make any difference whatsoever in the big picture.

I wrote about it in this post: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-17596.html

Quote: (12-17-2012 01:00 AM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

I have seen it in middle school, high school, and colleges. Our society has simply beaten the masculinity out of boys and young dudes today.

I would say it is even worse than that. A conspiracy to suppress masculinity would, at least, imply that there is something resembling a plan.

There is no plan. Kids grow up watching TV. Adults tells kids to work hard, to go to college, to get a job. No one prepares kids to interact with the opposite sex. This lack of preparation is particularly acute in boys, since girls are generally more devious and manipulative, and have a greater understanding of social life. Given that segregating by gender is no longer acceptable, we have boys growing up next to girls, and it's like sending soldiers to the front without weapons. The boys have more strength, but they are outwitted by them Machiavellian maidens. This friction quickly leads to disenchantment. The great Nietzsche said it better:

Quote:Quote:

When a man stands in the midst of his own noise, in the midst of his own surf of plans and projects, then he is apt also to see quiet, magical beings gliding past him and to long for their happiness and seclusion: women. He almost thinks that his better self dwells there among the women, and that in these quiet regions even the loudest surf turns into deathly quiet, and life itself into a dream about life. Yet! Yet! Noble enthusiast, even on the most beautiful sailboat there is a lot of noise, and unfortunately much small and petty noise. The magic and the most powerful effect of women is, in philosophical language, action at a distance, actio in distans: but this requires first of all and above all - distance.

When boys get angry at the gynocracy, and they do get angry, then the gynocracy responds by suppressing their masculinity. This is a reaction, in my opinion, not a plan. The gynocracy believes that males can be "improved", turned into mere Kens for the convenience and enjoyment of the fair Barbies.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Without male role models on how to behavior they are literally fucked!

I have noticed a similar phenomenon, indirectly, when I date women from online. Inquiring as to their previous experiences with dating & interacting with men from the site, they inevitably respond with tales of:

1) Needy and emotional men manifest via either by immediate gravitation towards innapropriate sex talk through Im or text, or a descent into discussing their feeling shortly into their first meeting.

2) Unnerving pre-occupation with their appearance and grooming, i.e being a "pretty boy."

3) Unwillingness to make an affirmative move for sex, and waiting for her to give the OK.

I too grew through my formative years without cell phones or the internet. It's difficult to articulate, but something about growing up with connectivity reduces a man's comfort with standing on his own, alone, without other's re-affirmation. I think facebook and the like breed a "look at me" type of mindset in society which is an inherently feminine influence on males. I have personally found the best strategy with women is instead of being alpha...just avoid being beta, and you will be 10 steps ahead. I don't know about you guys, but my natural instinct is to have people in general not notice me. I don't want people knowing about me. The whole idea of putting your life out there for public viewing is very foreign to me, and appears self destructive.

Quote: (12-17-2012 01:29 AM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

I don't know about you guys, but my natural instinct is to have people in general not notice me. I don't want people knowing about me. The whole idea of putting your life out there for public viewing is very foreign to me, and appears self destructive.

Agreed 100%.

As the world become more interconnected virtually this trend is only going to continue. I use facebook but more as a contact manager and messaging system than anything else. But this is not just facebook before facebook there was TV and then the reality shows. It's just an extension of the 15 mins of fame mindset.

Quote: (12-17-2012 01:31 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2012 01:29 AM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

I don't know about you guys, but my natural instinct is to have people in general not notice me. I don't want people knowing about me. The whole idea of putting your life out there for public viewing is very foreign to me, and appears self destructive.

Agreed 100%.

G

I understand for you, obviously you would want your true identity obscured. Could you give a few real life tips for concealing and/or otherwise concealing your identity and interests, both from a public and individual person perspective?

got news for you, guys have always been staring at the dancefloor with beer in hand.

If you go to a club, learn to breakdance before you go...then you command the social frame at the club.

Say whatever you like but no one wants to friend a bad dancer no matter how PUA he is. Dancing well infront of others communicates that you possess excellent body languages with unshakable confidence. Whenever I bust out, I can almost feel the shockwave of women's sexuality roaring into effect. I always get applause and people coming up to 'friend' me and social climb. Last night at the corporate christmas party was no different. Had women lining up to be in pictures with me.

Approaching is for n00bs, get them to approach you. Learn to dance, I promise, you'll never regret it.

Breakdancing at clubs since 1999.

I don't necessarily believe guys in my generation are all passive and beta, I think the women have changed. I just got home from a night out, and I'm shocked at how the women in this town behave (Royal Oak, Michigan). At least 3 different girls got in my face (2 of them were literally saying "You're a bitch! Hit me!!!" in response to me explaining that if they were men with their behavior that they would get knocked out) and the rest seem to want you to display an inhuman level of callousness that can only be naturally displayed by a pimp.

My mom and grandma always seem upset when I bring up my opinion of the modern woman, but women of today just don't behave in a reasonable manner. When I was in high school, the biggest player in my class took me aside and gave me this advice, "Most guys fall in love with a bitch, and get all emotional and sentimental with the bitch...remember this J...you have to run a bitch!" When I heard that I remember thinking that it was inhumane and messed up. I remember intuitively understanding that a guy like that would have an extremely hard time getting a girlfriend or settling down, but he gets more girls than anyone else I know.

This red pill shit Roosh talks about is so true, but it's a hard pill to swallow.

99% Gen Y or Gen Zers are a hopeless bunch of pussies! They just take up space at bars. I'm double their age and get more of 20s age pussy than they do. I went out on Halloween with my cousin who is in college and better looking than me. I got all the good looking girls and he was happy to hang out with an ugly fat girl was 10 years older than him! The next day he asked me why don't I date girls my own age. Instead of him wanting to learn Game, he's just jealous of his own inadequacies. So we won't be gaming girls together anytime soon. My guess is that he'll marry the first fatty that comes along!

Quote: (12-16-2012 04:07 AM)Apollo2 Wrote:  

This applies to guys born after 1990.

I live in a college town. Often times I'll go out and I'll see I'm the only the guy making aggressive approaches. Every other young dude is clutching his drink and leering at the dance floor.

Maybe this is a little more common now, but throughout my life this has always been fairly true, so I don't think its entirely a generational thing, more of a youth and inexperience thing.

My game was pretty weak in college and this is before knowing anything about game or rolling dolo. I was starting to want to meet random girls that were outside my social circle. I had a friend who would say "Dude lets not go out unless we have chicks to go with?"

Even at this point I said "lets go meet new girls" but my friend didn't like that idea. So I believe a lot of dudes have this mindset. This mindset is probably the worst thing for your game.

Just last night I rolled out dolo and it was a college night at this club. A lot of dudes were with their female friends. I ended up making out with some German girl that was there with her friends, guys and girls.

When you roll out at night solo and focus on meeting girls you have the abundance mentality. Unlike the dudes that are secretly wishing they could hook up with their female friends.

=DELETE=