rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The painter

The painter

I had this idea ages ago and forgot about it until just now when reading the "money tight" thread.

Sometimes you need a pretext to get a girl to your place on the first or second date - something that slides under her radar so that she's not agreeing to go back and bang, she's agreeing to go to your place for a benign reason and ends up banging you because "it just happened".

Offering to make dinner for her can work but is sometimes still too thinly veiled and she'll see through it. You can improve it by going on about how you learned to make a kickass whatever and get her salivating to try it before dropping the invite, but even so.

One strategy I used to use ages ago: I used to have a large collection of DVDs (that were given to me) and when the topic of movies came up there was often one in my collection that she hadn't seen. "I haven't opened it yet and I've been meaning to see it. You should come over next time and watch it with me." Sounds lame-ish but worked surprisingly well.

Now that that collection is old, I don't have a good pretext anymore so I'm going to set this one up at some point soon.

The Painter: On your first meet, or first date out (whatever), you tell her you're an artist and act a bit existential. Chicks like artists of all kinds. Get her wanting to check out your paintings, amp up the interest and she may even suggest it before you get around to dropping the invite yourself.

The setup: Go to a cheap art supply shop and buy $30 worth of canvases and paints and start slapping any ol' shit together. Be completely off the wall with impressionistic stuff and she'll read whatever she wants into it. You can paint worse than a 5-yr-old, doesn't matter once she's at your crib anyway.

Cheap setup cost, doesn't take too long, and might work as a better hook than many other things. Don't even need to learn a skill like you would with a musical instrument.

The painter

Get enough girls into it, they'll tell their friends about it and you could become one of the revolutionary artists of our time, and subsequently rich..

The painter

Tell her your true artist comes out in the bedroom but the constraints society puts on us prevents you from painting to your full potential... then nut all over her face Jackson Pollock style

The painter

Quote: (12-14-2012 12:02 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Tell her your true artist comes out in the bedroom but the constraints society puts on us prevents you from painting to your full potential... then nut all over her face Jackson Pollock style

From various angles over the course of days, or even weeks?

The painter

Being an artist is a great DHV- chicks love creative types.

I draw and paint as a hobby and keep pics of a couple dozen of my better works on my phone. I'll whip it out if I get an opening during the rapport stage. Very effective.

It doesn't hurt that almost all of my works are figures and portraits of women. Sends the hamster into overdrive........

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

The painter

I can guarantee this works. Starving artist is the cornerstone of my game. I don't know how to post a pic but my avatar is an example of the current blotchy phase I'm going through, very simple, just black and yellow.

You don't even need to buy canvases, lots of my stuff is painted on old scraps of wood I cut into squares or rectangles. Get a framing kit at Home Depot and presto, your art is hanging on the wall without having to make or buy an expensive frame. You can paint over old paintings you buy at garage sales, a cool piece of driftwood you found at the beach or any kind of found object. If you buy oil paints just be careful handling them, if you don't mix the paint with linseed oil which is very expensive it takes weeks to dry. I painted my avatar in about 20 minutes, it took over a month to dry this summer.

Painter game really intrigues girls, once they see your "art" they think you are a really deep person and you automatically become the tortured artist in their mind. It's very effective for keeping things casual as well, you tell them shit like "Listen, I like hanging with you but my art will always come first." Now she has to compete with your "passion" and when you don't want to deal with a girl just tell her you're "working". If you can paint people you'll have a line of girls ready to pose for you, unfortunately for me my stuff is too abstract, if I tried to paint a girl she would probably be insulted.

In a few more years I'll have more than enough stuff to take it to the next level of actual gallery showings if I can interest a dealer. For that all you need to do is paint on a theme, get like 15 or 20 different sized canvases (or pieces of wood) and paint them all in a similar color or object scheme. It's a lot like photography, you take 100 pictures to get a few really good ones. What's great about the abstract stuff is you're basically just slapping paint around and playing with colors. I don't even use a brush. People see different things in it, like a Rorschach blot. It's easy for people to attach deep meaning to stuff you literally just slapped together in no time while having a few beers.

Painter game is a real shortcut. As a writer I could always get girls interested with stuff I had published, but it's a hundred times easier to impress a girl with a painting than your unpublished novel. Before I knew anything about game I was running painter game.

The painter

Quote: (12-13-2012 10:53 PM)ImmoralPsychology Wrote:  

I had this idea ages ago and forgot about it until just now when reading the "money tight" thread.

Sometimes you need a pretext to get a girl to your place on the first or second date - something that slides under her radar so that she's not agreeing to go back and bang, she's agreeing to go to your place for a benign reason and ends up banging you because "it just happened".

Offering to make dinner for her can work but is sometimes still too thinly veiled and she'll see through it. You can improve it by going on about how you learned to make a kickass whatever and get her salivating to try it before dropping the invite, but even so.

One strategy I used to use ages ago: I used to have a large collection of DVDs (that were given to me) and when the topic of movies came up there was often one in my collection that she hadn't seen. "I haven't opened it yet and I've been meaning to see it. You should come over next time and watch it with me." Sounds lame-ish but worked surprisingly well.

Now that that collection is old, I don't have a good pretext anymore so I'm going to set this one up at some point soon.

The Painter: On your first meet, or first date out (whatever), you tell her you're an artist and act a bit existential. Chicks like artists of all kinds. Get her wanting to check out your paintings, amp up the interest and she may even suggest it before you get around to dropping the invite yourself.

The setup: Go to a cheap art supply shop and buy $30 worth of canvases and paints and start slapping any ol' shit together. Be completely off the wall with impressionistic stuff and she'll read whatever she wants into it. You can paint worse than a 5-yr-old, doesn't matter once she's at your crib anyway.

Cheap setup cost, doesn't take too long, and might work as a better hook than many other things. Don't even need to learn a skill like you would with a musical instrument.

Yeah, this is a good move.

It works.

Roissy and I wrote about it back in 2009.

Roissy: Artist Game

The painter

I've got a nice DSLR, wondering how well I can adapt this to photography game without coming off as the cliche pervy photog hahaha.

"Wanna come back and take some photos" is a pretty obvious guise...

The painter

If you think you don't have the talent to pull this off, try out this book. I worked with that book for a couple weeks and went from absolutely zero drawing ability to pretty darn good. Turns out figure drawing isn't really a matter of inborn ability--it's more about how you envision whatever you're drawing.

Haven't ever used this in pickup, but it's become a standard part of my foreplay with new-ish girls. I can do a passable nude sketch in 15 minutes max, and afterwards she will be so primed.

Highly recommended for any guys with interest in drawing. It didn't take much practice to get where I am. That book linked above was the breakthrough for me.

Quote: (12-14-2012 10:41 AM)MrXY Wrote:  

I'll whip it out if I get an opening during the rapport stage. Very effective.

Me too. But I find that's too early for most girls, and if the bartender sees, you're totally fucked-- oh. You mean your art pics. Huh. Have to try that instead.

The painter

Quote: (12-14-2012 12:28 PM)FourToTheFloor Wrote:  

I've got a nice DSLR, wondering how well I can adapt this to photography game without coming off as the cliche pervy photog hahaha.

Whatever. Just be insistent and confident about it. Every girl I've ever asked to draw has called me cheesy or put up some similar resistance. And then every one has fucked like a champ afterward.

The painter

Quote: (12-14-2012 12:47 PM)LouieG Wrote:  

Quote: (12-14-2012 12:28 PM)FourToTheFloor Wrote:  

Whatever. Just be insistent and confident about it. Every girl I've ever asked to draw has called me cheesy or put up some similar resistance. And then every one has fucked like a champ afterward.

Its worth a shot. My next purchase will be a black backdrop and some softbox lights. They'll make a great conversation piece for whenever I have people to my place anyway.