rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

N. Korea is on another level

This interview is the only one with a man who escaped from a N. Korean prison, fled the country and lived to tell about it. The stories this guy has to tell about life in prison there will blow your mind. It's hard to complain about anything in your life after seeing this when you think that there are children being born in prisons camps that will have no idea of the outside world. They don't even have any concept that the world is round and that there are other countries, the world is only as big as they can see from their prison. They will spend their entire lives being conditioned as beasts of burden, so brainwashed that they will turn in their own parents for trying to escape and feel they did the right thing while watching their mother get hung. This shit, it's like 1984 plus brave new world plus Nazi Germany plus slavery all mixed into one. Man, it's riveting...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50136263n

Good find speakeasy. I have read a few articles on the the North Korean prison camps and find them to be fascinating (as well as heartbreaking, of course).

thanks for this, it's a fucked up place.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Wow. Eye opening.

Good post dude.

Well, when you discover things like a Secret Unicorn Lair in your country, you have to do fucked up things to protect it, I guess... (??)

This is human farming. He was born and raised on a human farm like a goat, or a chicken. Sickening.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

insane...really gives you perspective.

Cant believe for a serious crime there you got 3 generations worth of punishment!!

The real question is that in light of all this, does the world have a moral obligation to put a stop to it once and for all.

Quote: (12-13-2012 10:22 AM)Menace Wrote:  

The real question is that in light of all this, does the world have a moral obligation to put a stop to it once and for all.

No.

North Koreans live in a totally different world.
the mind control they have there is beyond fucked up

boredom is evil

Quote: (12-13-2012 10:22 AM)Menace Wrote:  

I'd asked myself this question after viewing. It's kind of fucked up that the world allows this to continue when we could stop it. And that this same country is trying to get intercontinental nukes. I don't see any hope for diplomacy there. Part of me thinks they should just be bombed into the stone age. And then the other half of my brain says it's their own business, plus the so many people there have been so thoroughly brainwashed that they probably do think Kim Jung Un is a living god and will voluntarily take up arms for him.

Quote:Quote:

This interview is the only one with a man who escaped from a N. Korean prison, fled the country and lived to tell about it.

He's not the only person to escape a NK prison, but he is the only person to escape from what is known as a "Total Control Zone". People who are sent there are sent for life. Sometimes, for good behavior, inmates will be allowed to have sexual intercourse to produce more children so they have more people to work. The children born there are also lifers. It's fucked up.

I've read several books about North Korea and the level of indoctrination of the average citizen, in all honesty, can not be understood by someone living in the Western world. It's almost beyond the human imagination. Christopher Hitchens said that his greatest failure as a writer was not being able to explain with words how fucked up North Korea was. I would suggest reading his story, "Visit To a Small Planet" http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/featu...ens-200101

This is worth watching too:

The first book I read was "The Aquariums of Pyongyang". It's a really quick read, you can knock it out in a day or so, and it has a lot of grammatical errors, but the story is riveting. I believe his entire family was sent because his grandfather made an anti-regime remark, but the reason is rarely, if ever given to the inmate. http://www.amazon.com/The-Aquariums-Pyon...+pyongyang

Some of the other books are, "Nothing To Envy: The Ordinary Lives Of North Koreans", "Escape From Camp 14" <<That one is written by the guy in your video, and "The Cleanest Race: How North Koreans See Themselves And Why It Matters"

Great thread and great finds people, I will try viewing and reading this when I have time.

Speakeasy beat me to it, I saw this on 60 Minutes a couple weeks ago and was thinking about finding the link to post on here. Shit is fucking off the wall crazy, and for sure should give us some perspective on how fucked up the world can be, and why we should be grateful for everything we do have. More than anything it just goes to show how part of being human is our socialization, acculturation, and growing up with real parents, siblings, and family. When you take all of that stuff away, it's amazing how people are like sheep, or mindless drones. One thing that is shocking though is that the guy snitches out his own mother and brother and gets them killed, I would think our innate human instinct would tell us not to do it.

Quote: (12-13-2012 05:58 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Speakeasy beat me to it, I saw this on 60 Minutes a couple weeks ago and was thinking about finding the link to post on here. Shit is fucking off the wall crazy, and for sure should give us some perspective on how fucked up the world can be, and why we should be grateful for everything we do have. More than anything it just goes to show how part of being human is our socialization, acculturation, and growing up with real parents, siblings, and family. When you take all of that stuff away, it's amazing how people are like sheep, or mindless drones. One thing that is shocking though is that the guy snitches out his own mother and brother and gets them killed, I would think our innate human instinct would tell us not to do it.

Yeah, if that regime ever falls and the country opens up, this will be the largest psychological case study in human history. We have never witnessed the simultaneous mass brainwash of millions of humans the way we see in NK. There's just no precedent for it. These people will have all types of ailments that modern psychologists may not be able to treat because we have no familiarity with them. That guy in the interview said he has no concept of what love is and still doesn't. That might be irreparable damage caused by the state, perhaps rendering him incapable of ever fully assimilating into normal society. If he ever did have a kid, he may be ill equipped to provide them that kind of emotional support. It's nightmarish, and to think this was all the pet project of some madman who decided to make himself a living God. I have to admit, there is a voyeuristic side of me that is curious about what goes on there because I'm shocked to see how bad people can really get if left to their own devices.

Check out this Dutch commercial. It's hilarious. (English subbed)

North Korea is a messed up country but be honest guys, who wouldn't want his own army of slim AK-47 wielding chicks? I sure do. Check the vid from 1:00.
Dips on the giggling chick at 1:56. If I ruled that country I would create more offspring then Djenghis Khan. I would march those girls right into my master bed room.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I've posted this before but will do so again as it's relevant. VICE was allowed to enter NK to do a documentary. It is divided into 3 parts, so make sure to watch all of it. I was bothered for days after seeing it, and it doesn't even scratch the surface.

http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-tr...rea-1-of-3

@Speakeasy- What you said reminds me of the scene in Band of Brothers where they came upon the concentration camp. The Jewish prisoners weren't allowed to leave due to being so emaciated. I wonder what kind of psychological damage would happen to NK if they were suddenly allowed to leave for the rest of the world?

Maybe when that happens, western culture will have to be introduced a little bit at a time. The shock of suddenly having freedom could have devastating social consequences.

I wonder what we look like to them.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Him snitching on his family is frighteningly EXACTLY like the book 1984.

North Korea is completely fucked man

Good man though. As honest and truthful as one can be to oneself. Glad he made it out.

I read the autobiography of an American soldier who defected to the North in the Korean war ( Charles Jenkins ) and spent years there married to a kidnapped Japanese girl before being allowed to leave in the last few years. It wasn't the best read mainly because the soldier lacked much insight into the country beyond the mundane but you caught glimpses of just how fucked up the North is. He and the other millions of citizens had to spend hours each day reciting and learning the leader's speeches and if he could not recite one correctly he would be beaten and worse. Something that was interesting was where he wrote about the spy school in Pyongyang. The North Koreans sent mini submarines to Japan full of comandoes. They would pull up on remote beaches in Japan and kidnap Japanese people in little towns and then take them to Korea and make them teach North Korean spies how to talk and act like Japanese. The most famous kidnap victim was a young Japanese girl Megumi Yokota who was dragged off on her way back from school and taken to Pyongyang. For years her parents never knew what had happened to her but then the North admitted taking her. Apparently she committed suicide over there a number of years after. It's unbelievable. Any way if you want to know what life is like in the North from a foreigner's perspective then get the book:

[attachment=9098]

And that this same country is trying to get intercontinental nukes.

Btw, I have always wondered how North Korea can successfully build even a machine gun, let alone an intercontinental rocket. Their recent satellite might suck, but they did put it into orbit. How? There is widespread starvation and no education so the population is as dumb as a rock, there is no productive activity other than farming and (using forced labor) mining, the system is staggeringly corrupt and inefficient (because it relies only on kissing the Great Leader's ass)... in short, it's an awful mess.

Where does North Korea get knowledge, know-how, money and organization to build things like atomic bombs? If building those things is so easy, why doesn't every even remotely developer country in the world have it?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (12-14-2012 08:33 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

And that this same country is trying to get intercontinental nukes.
Where does North Korea get knowledge, know-how, money and organization to build things like atomic bombs? If building those things is so easy, why doesn't every even remotely developer country in the world have it?

A mix of help from China, Iran, and Russia, mostly under the table I would assume.