rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Body Types/Personality?

Body Types/Personality?

This is a question which people were asking a few decades ago.

Consider the 3 body types. Ectomorph (ie skinny). Endomorph (ie fat). Mesomorph (ie muscular).

Do you think the body type you have plays a part in developing your personality?

This was a question that William Sheldon addressed in the 1940s. But - apparently his work is discredited today. Although I can't get concrete reasons on why this is the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype_...psychology

Now - I wonder if his theories are discredited due to political correctness? It seems that ever since the horrors of Nazism - people have being scared off asking questions like this.

So - I am curious. Do you guys feel your body type affects your personality? Often Ectomorphs are considered neurotic. Endomorphs friendly. And Mesomorphs competitive. Do you think there is something in this? And on a wider point. Does anyone know of any scientific work which has being done into this area?

Cheers!

Cardguy

PS Roissy did some blogging on this area as well - http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/08/1...ectomorph/ - but he didn't address the current scientific basis for such opinions.

Body Types/Personality?

If there is a correlation, it may well be that the personality types are determining the body types, rather than the other way round. You've got to think about causation.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Body Types/Personality?

As a side note...

I investigated this area a few months ago. And whenever you research anything to do with Body Types you usually end up on bodybuilding forums. Unfortunately - on such forums - it is hard to get concrete data for many of the claims.

Still - one thing I found interesting is that Mesomorphs have thicker skin than Ectomorphs and Endomorphs. And because of that Mesomorphs tan better than the other two body types.

This is interesting since it may provide the reason why men and women with tans are generally considered better looking than pale people. I am sure this is an obvious link to make. But I have never seen it mentioned anywhere. So - I have no way of knowing if my hunch is correct.

Cardguy

Body Types/Personality?

Genetic traits appear together, offering on average the probabilistically highest chance to reproduce themselves based on the past. Of course personality is adapted to physique, and vice versa. Rugged mesomorphs have a certain set of personality traits to maximize their genetic fitness, same with physically frail ectomorphs. It's extraordinary to say that there is no connection, based on general knowledge of evolution and genetics. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

edit: clarity

Body Types/Personality?

delete