rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does any city compare to Rio?

I had to renew my passport, and thus lost my Brazilian Visa. This time last year I was in BA headin for a month in Rio. I'm dying to go back. Rio was a town where I thought due to media influences would be a chica heaven. And tho it was, I (like many other people I've heard) had a hard time with the ladies. Though I miss it due to the overall feelings of the city. From the beach in Ipanema to the streets of Lapa, to the funk in the clubs. It's an environment I miss, poon or no poon.

Since I can't go to Rio on my next trip, is there anywhere in this world you feel that has an environment that contends with Rio? The kinda "let's get loose and not give a f*ck" feeling. If so, let me know.

hmm good question.

im new to traveling so i cant help much. im interested to see what ppl say

EScholp,
About the Brasil Visa thing when renewing your passport. Happened to me as well last year before my trip to Rio and here's what I did:
At the Passport office, I told them that I'd be going to Brasil and that on my old passport there is a Brasil visa which is still valid for another year and a half and asked them not to damage the page on the old expired passport containing the Brasil visa and he did. I took both passports with me on my trip (the old expired one with the valid Brasil visa and the new renewed passport) and I was fine. So if your Brasil Visa page is not damaged/torn, you can still use your Brasil visa with a new passport. I did and thousands of other travellers worldwide are doing it.

As to which place can compare to Rio, tough call, difficult to answer. I personally don't stay much in Rio each time I go to Brasil as I spend my time in smaller towns and I have a much better time than in Rio. Rio is fun, but the real fun is outside of Rio. Tough Portuguese skills are required for that.

I keep on hearing and reading that Lima is a goldmine for non pros where girls are very approachable and all, but haven't made it to there yet and it's high on my list. Medellin also I keep on hearing lots of praises about it. Tough call really, depends on what you really like. What other things do you like to do besides just chasing girls? When I travel, chasing girls is just the icing on the cake, I look for places where there are other things to do like places to see and go, local things to experience and all. To me, nothing comes close to Brasil as I passionately love this country for the music, the futebol, the people, the vibe, the food, the out of this world fruit juices and the incredible variety of places to visit. And the girls are not bad either. [Image: wink.gif]

Thanks for the advice, you could have single-handedly just changed my travel plans. All those places you mentioned are great - Lima not so much because there really is not so much to do there, and the weather sucks - but for women, it is a good spot. In Medellin, the weather is better, and there are more things to do and see it seemed to me. I really enjoyed Medellin alot.

Yeah I feel ya on experiencing more than woman on a cultural level, and that is why I enjoyed Rio so much. I didn't have a tough time finding woman to make out with in Rio, but to pull was a different story. But I was enjoying the scene so much, it didn't really matter. I should head out to some of those smaller towns, Brazil is a beautiful country. I have some knowledge of Spanish though, and even though Portugeuse is close, it really f-s me up. I know alot of what to say grammatically, but I feel I can never say anything correct. I have a Brazilian girl in the USA, and she is always correcting me and making me feel estupido.

Vitoria, ES is better than Rio in my opinion.

Brandon,
Could you expand on that please? Why do think that Vittoria is better than Rio?And in what ways is it better than Rio?

Tx bro.

Alright I've never been to Brazil but I've certainly noticed that it's all the craze on the forum.

Given that I know zero portuguese, the women supposedly aren't easy, and it's expensive... Is it worth it to go and spend a big chunk of time? Is it so much better than Argentina?

Speak up Brazil advocates!

Gringoed,
What is it that you want out of your trip? Is it strictly to lay as many girls as possible? Or do you have any other hobbies or reasons that you'd like to visit Brasil for other than just the girls?
Yes, Brasil has been getting very expensive (most expensive place in SA). Based a recent global study, the cost of living in Sao Paulo is as high if not higher than in NYC and Rio is not far behind that. So yes, you'd need to have a good amount of cash to really enjoy Brasil.
Argentina's main advantage IMHO is that the exchange rate is awesome now, the Ar. Peso is quite low compared to the US$. Yes, the country is very beautiful, the people are ok I guess, the steaks are out of this world and the wine is top class. To be honest, I wasn't impressed by the women in BA when I was there. Granted I was there only 1 week, but I didn't see many that made my head turn. When I was there, I couldn't wait till I returned to Brasil and as soon as I got in Foz de Iguaçu, in the Brasilian side, I immediately noticed a big change in the quality of women. Now, Foz is nothing to write home about as far as the quality of the girls are concerned, but it was obvious that women were sexier there than in Buenos Aires. My head was turning left and right to see with delight all these nice girls dressed sexily, the way that you'll rarely if ever see in BA/Argentina.

So what does Brasil have to offer? Everything you want and hope and some more.
You want beaches? You have some of the finest in the world. A couple of hours outside of Rio, you have the Paradisical beaches of Paraty and Ilha Grande. Further north, the beaches of Bahia, around Ilheus are top notch and not to mention those around Morro de Sao Paulo. The beaches of Ceara in North East Brasil are some of the nicest you'll see anywhere in the world. If you want to truly be blown away, go to Fernando de Noronha. Beachwise, I'm not even mentionning the beautiful beaches that line up the SP state and the insane ones in Santa Catarina in the South with Florianopolis taking the palm of the greatest and most relaxed beach town in all of the Americas. If you want a truly nice and sereine get away, go to the Ilha do Papaguaio, near Floripa. You'll be mesmerized.

You want culture and history? The huge centreal state of Minas Gerais is your destination. Coble stoned historical cities and tons of history will keep you busy for days there. Places not to miss in Minas are Ouro Preto, Mariana and Sabara and of course, the capital of the state, Belo Horizonte. The food in Minas is very hearty but delicious. Try the Tutu a Mineira or the Carne Secada. Delicia!!!!

Another must visit for culture is the state of Bahia, specially if you're black. Bahia is the place with the highest concentration of black people outside of Africa and of course, it's a centre of African-Brasilian culture. Very enriching, whether you're black or not to learn more about them and the way still practice their African ancestral religion and beliefs of Condomble, with their Orixas. Truly fascinating stuff.

You want eco-tourism? You'll have of the best options in the entire world: the Pantanal, the largest swamp in the world in the South West and up north, you have the Amazon rain forest, the biggest forest in the world. Each of these natural wonders can keep you busy for centuries.

What else could I tell you in a nutshell about a country the size of a continent, which is the 5th largest in the world in size?
You'll be truly blown away by the out of this world tropical and truly exotic fruit juices from the Amazon that don't have any English or any other language translation other than native Indians of the Amazon. The people are some of the warmest and most loving you'll meet anywhere. The scenery is breathe-taking. The futebol is insanely good.

On the flip side, yes it's expensive. But if you get to know locals, they'll show the places where you can save a ton of cash and no you won't have to stay in a favela. You can easily get nice appartment in a good safe environment for relatively cheap. But and this is a big but, Portuguese skills are required for that. If you or anyone truly interested in spending a good time in Brasil and you want to really get the most out of your trip, invest the time to learn as much Portuguese as you can. It'll make a world of difference to your experience. With little to no Portuguese, you'll just scrap the surface of what this mesmerizing country has to offer.

Also, be careful, it can be dangerous at times, specially in places like Rio and SP. Use common sense, don't flash money or any sign of wealth in public, so don't flash your Iphone or Ipod in public or god forbad, your laptop. The only places I felt confortable doing that was in Brasilia and Curitiba and during the day. In Rio, nightime, cabbing it is a must, at least to me. Don't take the bus in Rio unless and until you're either near fluent in Portuguese, know your way very well in the city and are accompanied by a local that you truly trust. The mini vans are safe. The metro is ubber safe, probably the safest, cheapest and fastest medium of transportation in Rio.

What else? Get to know some Brasilians online before you come down and have them show you around, both guys and girls. Guys are good to go clubbing with and to introduce you to nice and sexy girls. Girls are good too to make friends online before you come as you'd have a local guide and if she's hot, you can tap that ass after 2 or 3 dates, sometimes earlier depending on where in Brasil. But do learn as much Portuguese as you can. I can't emphasize this enough. The more you know by the time you're in Brasil, the better your time will be. Exponentially better.

What I usually do, I come to Rio for a few days where I party very hard with my friends, then I go to other cities to join other friends and that's where the real party begins.

As to making a comparaison between Argentina and Brasil, based on my experiences in both countries, Argentina is a beautiful country. BA is specially nice, relatively cheap and safe. However, I felt that Argentina would be more a place to spend a nice romantic weekend or week with a special girl you meet in Brasil. Girls from Argentina can't hold a candle to Brasileiras in terms of sexines, being sensual, feminine, positive, up-beat and all around so much more funner to be with. At least from my experience with both Argies and Brasileiras, to me it's 100% Brasileiras, that's not even a context. So get yourself a sexy and fun girl in Brasil and go with her spend a week or so in BA and you'll have a blast.

When people ask me if it's true that Brasil is a dangerous place, I always tell them that yes it's true. Brasil is very dangerous in the sense that once you get there, you'll be hooked for life. [Image: smile.gif]

Hope this helps. Mind you this is very general and broad, from the top of my head, at 2.30am. Any specific questions on the above, just ask!

Vacancier, I couldn't agree more with you. My place it is well represented.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

VP, I'm damn near about to buy another ticket now after reading that.

Never been to Argentina, but met quite a few Argentine girls in Brazil on my trip just a few months ago. Right off the bat I am sure that Brazilian girls are waaay easier to hook up with, and I'm sure the people on this board that have been to both places will agree. Do you like curvy women? The whole world knows that Brazilian girls have the nicest asses, and most of them have nice breasts to go with it. Most of the Argie girls I saw/met were really skinny and didn't have the same bodies of the B-girls. Also do you like the beach scenery/culture, most tourists from Argentina go to Brazil to be at the beach, because their beaches just doesn't stack up. Finally, I'm sure people party in Argentina, but most of the Argie girls I met were pretty tame when it came to partying, people in Brazil know how to have a good time. I should also add that with a few exceptions, the Argentinian people just didn't seem as cool over all compared to the Brazilians.

Vacancier,

Nice breakdown, thanks.

I've been in Argentina for about 2.5 months and I'm wondering what's on the other side of the fence. In terms of girls, I prefer petite whiter girls to darker girls. I'm not attracted at all to girls from African descent.

Attitude, however, is really important and I think this is probably the biggest difference between Argies and Brazilians. Argies are not very sensual or especially fun. But then again, I'm pretty much dabbling exclusively in the 18-22 age group.

gringoed, where have u been staying at in argentina?

Quote: (04-09-2010 09:40 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

Vacancier,

Nice breakdown, thanks.

I've been in Argentina for about 2.5 months and I'm wondering what's on the other side of the fence. In terms of girls, I prefer petite whiter girls to darker girls. I'm not attracted at all to girls from African descent.

Attitude, however, is really important and I think this is probably the biggest difference between Argies and Brazilians. Argies are not very sensual or especially fun. But then again, I'm pretty much dabbling exclusively in the 18-22 age group.

Gringoed,
As far as tastes in girls are concerned, we both have similar taste. In Brasil, you have every type of girl you can imagine. You'll find some of the finest white girls but with the typical Brasilian ass to die for with the added bonus of having those crazy tan lines that will drive you nuts; you'll find some of the nicest and hottest morenas you'll ever see anywhere on Earth there; some of the nicest japa as they call the Brasilian Japanese girls there. In short, you'll be overwhelmed with the talent there. I don't know about Cordoba, never been there, but when I was in BA, I was not impressed at all by the quality of women. The majority seemed very average at best to me, the typical look was skinny white with a major bitch attitude. Mind you, the men were not nicest neither in terms of attitude. When I was in BA, I couldn't wait fast enough to be back in Brasil. Brasil blows Argentina out of the water in terms of women, that's a given dude. When you come to Brasil, you'll be kicking yourself for not having come there sooner. YOu'll forget about the histerica Argie in no time.

As I wrote in my earlier post, once you go to Brasil, you'll be hooked for life. Argentina is a nice country, but it's more a place to take a hot girl from Brasil with you for a nice romantic vacation. And once again, Argentine women can't hold a candle to Brasileiras. [Image: heart.gif]

I've noticed that Americans have better natural rapport with Brazilians (than Argentineans).

Quote:Quote:

once you go to Brasil, you'll be hooked for life. Argentina is a nice country, but it's more a place to take a hot girl from Brasil with you for a nice romantic vacation.

[Image: lol.gif] there's some truth to that

toddh: I figure because the american culture is strong in Brazil.

Gringoed,
Since you've never been to Brasil, you probably don't have the Brasil Tourist Visa (that is you're American/Canadian/Aussie/NZ), you'll need a visa to Brasil. So if you don't have a visa, you can't just show up at the airport without it. You'll need to get it at the Brasilian Embassy in BA which should take about a week or two. Here's what I'd suggest you: once you get your 5 year Unlimited Entry Brasil Tourist Visa, get overland to Brasil via Foz de Iguaçu from BA. Foz is a must visit, it's one of the true natural wonders of the world, it'll blow your mind. Niagara Falls compared to Foz looks like a small faucet, no kdding man. It's unreal. In BA, you can easily find a package including first class bus+3 nights semi inclusive at a hotel in Foz de Iguaçu, Brasil for cheap. I did that 3 years ago, I paid about 537 Ar. Pesos at the time. Dirt cheap. The bus ride is long, 14 hours, but very comfortable with dinner and breakfast included.
Then, after your 3 days/weekend in Foz, then work you way up in Brasil starting from Curitiba where you'll see more real blondes than you can handle. But brush up on your Portuguese skills. Warning about Curitibanas is that they're generally colder in attitude than the rest of Brasilian girls, but once you get to know one, she'll pamper you like crazy.

Good luck and enjoy your time in Paradise aka Brasil.

Quote: (04-08-2010 10:38 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Never been to Argentina, but met quite a few Argentine girls in Brazil on my trip just a few months ago. Right off the bat I am sure that Brazilian girls are waaay easier to hook up with, and I'm sure the people on this board that have been to both places will agree. Do you like curvy women? The whole world knows that Brazilian girls have the nicest asses, and most of them have nice breasts to go with it. Most of the Argie girls I saw/met were really skinny and didn't have the same bodies of the B-girls. Also do you like the beach scenery/culture, most tourists from Argentina go to Brazil to be at the beach, because their beaches just doesn't stack up. Finally, I'm sure people party in Argentina, but most of the Argie girls I met were pretty tame when it came to partying, people in Brazil know how to have a good time. I should also add that with a few exceptions, the Argentinian people just didn't seem as cool over all compared to the Brazilians.

Right on.
Another thing I've noticed and I'm certainly not the first to as I've heard it from countless people, is that Argies are very cold and arrogant and believe and behave as if they were a superior race, not belonging to SA.
All in all, Brasil blows Argentina out of the water in about 98% of categories. The only thing were Argentina has the edge over Brasil is the wine and the cheap exchange rate. Argentina feels like and is a cheaper version of Europe in every sense.

Quote: (04-08-2010 07:32 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Vacancier, I couldn't agree more with you. My place it is well represented.

Oi Luanna, tudo bem moça?
Nice site you have there.[Image: smile.gif]
I see that you're in SP. I must have passed through SP a dozen of times as it's my usual point of entry an exit from/to Brasil at the GRU, but never left the airport and haven't really had the desire to do so. Flying countless times over SP, it's not a pretty sight down below. Can you give me a breakdown of SP and basically convince me that SP is worth getting to know.

Thanks.

Quote: (04-08-2010 08:11 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

VP, I'm damn near about to buy another ticket now after reading that.

Glad you liked the post and made you want to go back there.

Quote: (04-11-2010 12:54 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Another thing I've noticed and I'm certainly not the first to as I've heard it from countless people, is that Argies are very cold and arrogant and believe and behave as if they were a superior race, not belonging to SA.

Luckily for me, most the Argentines I personally dealt with seemed friendly enough. The only standout was this absolute bitch in the immigration office in the Andes at the Chile/Argentina border. Who got all pissed and was snapping at me because I'd lost some piece of paper I needed. Even some of the Argentine guys said she went way overboard and coming off to me like that and she probably needs a good dick.

I did get the sense that in B.A., these are generally not happy people overall with smiley faces. Everyone seemed very serious, with an underlying look of discontent on their faces. Maybe that's the result of the economy or their ugly political history. But just reading the graffiti and such, they seemed like kind of an angry bunch. It's no surprise Che Guevara was Argentine.

Thing is Argentine people are generally friendly. It's just those richer, white girls who go out of their way to not to show any interest in you, from not giving eye contact, not asking questions, disappearing, flaking, etc.

Great posts! I'm new here and looking for my next country to explore. Cuba has been my stomping grounds for vacations, and hoping to find somewhere where the girls are just as easy! May not be possible I think...

I don't know if anyone on here has had too much to say on Cuba, can you give us a report/breakdown...? Women, nightlife, culture, sights, vibe, etc.

Quote: (04-11-2010 04:56 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I don't know if anyone on here has had too much to say on Cuba, can you give us a report/breakdown...? Women, nightlife, culture, sights, vibe, etc.

Well, very poor country. Cubans have no money. Therefore, you can expect to buy a lot of drinks. That being said, just drop a 40 of rum on the table, and everyone will be happy! Most cubans drink without mix, as mix costs money...

The police keep a close watch on the women, and often arrest them if they are with tourist men, or extraneros. Especially if they are known to police. Havana seems to be the exception, as it is just a free for all there. I had 3 different women in 3 hours! A single and a threesome. That should give you some idea about the women aspect.

Nightlife is very hit and miss. Mostly miss.

The culture and the sights are unreal. Havana is like looking at what was once one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and has been left to crumble.

The vibe is screw the tourist! The petty scams and overcharging/shortchanging never stop! It takes awhile to get a handle on this.

It's a bit like a riddle. I know guys who've gone there for 2 weeks and never got laid. Once you firgure it out, have as many women as you like! Some spanish is a must, or you'll need a guide.

Only one reason I go to cuba. Well, maybe two. Hardcore drinking, and hot young women!