rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Single Player or MMO?

Single Player or MMO?

I wanted to make a thread where it expresses a tiny worry that I've got. I've been playing MMO's for about 10 years now, off and on, anywhere from EvE, SWG, EQ, WoW (A little), CoH, CoX, and FF11. I don't think I've ever come across a MMO where you can, and I quote, "Play through the story line by yourself." It worries me a little as I know there isn't enough information out yet, but will it still retain the aspect and characteristics of an MMO if we team up with other players? I mean if we will already basically beat the game by ourselves will it be that when we team up with others, will difficulty rise? Is the fact that these classes are heroic feeling going to affect the balance of PvP and end game content? So many questions...

As it states I am a little worried so the question I have to you players, and what seems to me to be the start of a decent thread is, is this game going to be more MMO geared or Single-Player geared(With the catergory of an MMO, because we will see other players roaming the universe)? I trust BIOWARE, but it is their first game of this kind, and I've been anticipating the release of a new Star Wars game ever since SWG tanked and to be a 5 year vet of that game I'd hate for another SW MMO to blow up after another year, possibly for the fact that it could be asuaged towards single-play for the whole game?

I want everyone to know, this is not in anyway an insult or a thread to start arguments, I'd rather appreciate facts (What we already know) and what you think without belittling other peoples or myselves thoughts.

Thanks for being courteous ahead of time....

Single Player or MMO?

I mean this respectfully, but "single player" and "game" in this forum refer to something quite different than on the video game forum you might've thought you were on when you posted your query.

Single Player or MMO?

[Image: lol.gif]

Single Player or MMO?

Quote: (03-24-2010 02:59 AM)augustsalbert Wrote:  

I wanted to make a thread where it expresses a tiny worry that I've got. I've been playing MMO's for about 10 years now, off and on, anywhere from EvE, SWG, EQ, WoW (A little), CoH, CoX, and FF11. I don't think I've ever come across a MMO where you can, and I quote, "Play through the story line by yourself." It worries me a little as I know there isn't enough information out yet, but will it still retain the aspect and characteristics of an MMO if we team up with other players? I mean if we will already basically beat the game by ourselves will it be that when we team up with others, will difficulty rise? Is the fact that these classes are heroic feeling going to affect the balance of PvP and end game content? So many questions...

As it states I am a little worried so the question I have to you players, and what seems to me to be the start of a decent thread is, is this game going to be more MMO geared or Single-Player geared(With the catergory of an MMO, because we will see other players roaming the universe)? I trust BIOWARE, but it is their first game of this kind, and I've been anticipating the release of a new Star Wars game ever since SWG tanked and to be a 5 year vet of that game I'd hate for another SW MMO to blow up after another year, possibly for the fact that it could be asuaged towards single-play for the whole game?

I want everyone to know, this is not in anyway an insult or a thread to start arguments, I'd rather appreciate facts (What we already know) and what you think without belittling other peoples or myselves thoughts.

Thanks for being courteous ahead of time....

LOL - he had me going for a bit there - with a huge "?" mark all-over my face!

good one!

Now, how do we take this info to help us swoop in the real world?

Single Player or MMO?

i was trying to comprehend this, too LOL
Man, that guy has something to really be "worried"

What a confussion !!!!!!!!!!