rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sephora Game

Sephora Game

About a year and a half ago when the local mall got a makeover and added several new stores, we got a Sephora. Many of you are probably familiar with the franchise. They're geared towards women (though they do have a decent sized men's section too) and sell the essentials like makeup, lipstick, and hair care products. About a week ago I went in for the first time. Pussy paradise. The staff members were hot, the customers were hot, and they were all ripe for the picking. I went in for a gift card for a female family member but ended up grabbing an EDT for myself. While I was standing there in the men's fragrance section an attractive salesperson (7.5) approached me to ask if I needed help and if I knew what I was looking for. I played dumb and wound up shooting the shit with her for about 20 minutes. Really chill girl. I didn't get the number, but I'm going back soon. You can fucking count on that. I will warn you, when you first walk in to the joint it can be a bit overwhelming simply because its pretty much ALL chicks. You may even get a few weird looks, but whatever. As mentioned they do sell men's skin care products as well as fragrances. Great place for gaming chicks. Employees and customers alike. Plus, if a woman sees you debating over which moisturizer to buy, I personally feel your value goes up immediately based on the fact you're paying attention to the details that most women put so much time into, and so few men even take the time to notice.

Sephora Game

Good call. I may just drop by the one in my area tomorrow and check it out. I've been in a Forever 21 store shopping for my "sister" before.I can deal with the looks.

I just need to get better at shooting the shit.

Feel the fear..then do it anyway.

Sephora Game

CMan, keep in mind these these types of franchises (especially Sephora) hire hot girls who are good at getting people to buy their products. Its a marketing strategy in essence. I have been to Sephora a few times in different locations, sometimes with a girl, sometimes with (mainly female) family members. Every location had gorgeous chicks w/a 1 or 2 girl exception. At every location throughout my stay both during my pre game era and my current game level I would always have a few different sales girls approach me, initiate conversation, lightly flirt & on very rare occasions, some very light kino and wouldnt leave me alone. I consider my self a good looking guy but this type of attention was absurd. This would always drive my date crazy with jealousy when we would leave [Image: banana.gif] My point is either spitting bad or good game seems to have the same effect when these chicks are on duty. Maybe off duty they would display a more honest persona but we'll never know until we get them out of that setting.

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-23-2012 03:17 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

CMan, keep in mind these these types of franchises (especially Sephora) hire hot girls who are good at getting people to buy their products. Its a marketing strategy in essence. I have been to Sephora a few times in different locations, sometimes with a girl, sometimes with (mainly female) family members. Every location had gorgeous chicks w/a 1 or 2 girl exception. At every location throughout my stay both during my pre game era and my current game level I would always have a few different sales girls approach me, initiate conversation, lightly flirt & on very rare occasions, some very light kino and wouldnt leave me alone. I consider my self a good looking guy but this type of attention was absurd. This would always drive my date crazy with jealousy when we would leave [Image: banana.gif] My point is either spitting bad or good game seems to have the same effect when these chicks are on duty. Maybe off duty they would display a more honest persona but we'll never know until we get them out of that setting.

Legit points there. But my thinking is that yes, while they may be there to do a job, it's still our choice how we choose to take advantage of the situation. What about girls that dance or serve drinks in clubs? They're there to make a buck, too. But it's not going to stop an aspiring PUA like myself from going ahead and trying to put something in play. And let's forget the employees altogether for a second. What about the clientele? Tons of opportunities there. Playful joking about products, asking opinions for a female you're supposedly shopping for, making a joke about how you're the only guy in the joint. The list goes on and on. It's a great spot with tons of possibilities.

Sephora Game

Alternatives:
Michael Kors (all female employees, never seen one below a 7. problem is the store is small and open ie a conversation will be in earshot of all the other employees)
Nordstrom

I have never tried, but I could see going to several stores rapid fire being an efficient day game strategy for a suburbanite. A problem arises if you have to buy something at every store, even if you plan to return them.

Sephora Game

@CMan- my post wasnt meant as a discourager it was merely to point out a known fact. By all means game away. My only worry is that men starting out in game who have little to no experience when being played will mistake these these entire experiences as actual practice when trying to pick up outside the work setting. Im not saying that's you but many dudes may get easily frustrated and confused when they approach a random girl and she doesnt respond as warmly as that salesgirl or waitress who spent a half hour laughing at their corny jokes and talking to them. As for clientele, that's an aspiring PUA's goldmine. You get to talk to people of every race, ethnicity, socio-economic background, language, varying degrees of attractiveness from the ugly to the hottest, & different attitudes, as well as many other things. Best of all you dont even have to really search for anyone, they all come to you.

Sephora Game

You gotta be extremely ballsy inside a Sephora. It always 99% women in there and they are all looking at the one guy like he is trespassing inside the girls locker room. I don't know why it seems like guys are not welcome in there? Oddly, bitch shields can be high inside Sephoras. Maybe girls feel like they can't shop for makeup with guys around?

There are so many cute girls. Which one do you approach? Thats the first thing. Do you approach the hottest one? The one closest to you? The one who gives you eye contact?

I like to walk in and head towards the mens section. On my way there, I take my time, I scan the room, who is looking at me? Anyone giving any solid eye contact? If I run into a girl by herself, I will open her, even before I get to the mens section.

Once I get to the mens section I pretend to be shopping for something, really I'm just looking for girls to get close to me so
I can open them.

After a few minutes I start to walk up to the cash register with a product. I walk slow and look for targets to open. The product in my hand gives me something to talk about. I pay cash and save the receipt to return the product later.

As I'm walking out I again scan for girls by themselves and girls who give me eye contact.

Of course, whenever you talk to a girl, all the other girls try to listen to your conversation.

Sephora is a great place to practice. If you are weak, you won't last 5 minutes in that store!

Quote: (11-23-2012 03:25 AM)NewGamer Wrote:  

Forever 21

Forever 21 is a great store to gsme in. Look for the ones with a "21Men". That way you can try on different outfits and walk around the store asking girls opinions.

http://www.forever21.com/Store/StoreLocator.aspx?br=f21

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-24-2012 01:10 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

You gotta be extremely ballsy inside a Sephora. It always 99% women in there and they are all looking at the one guy like he is trespassing inside the girls locker room. I don't know why it seems like guys are not welcome in there? Oddly, bitch shields can be high inside Sephoras. Maybe girls feel like they can't shop for makeup with guys around?

There are so many cute girls. Which one do you approach? Thats the first thing. Do you approach the hottest one? The one closest to you? The one who gives you eye contact?

I like to walk in and head towards the mens section. On my way there, I take my time, I scan the room, who is looking at me? Anyone giving any solid eye contact? If I run into a girl by herself, I will open her, even before I get to the mens section.

Once I get to the mens section I pretend to be shopping for something, really I'm just looking for girls to get close to me so
I can open them.

After a few minutes I start to walk up to the cash register with a product. I walk slow and look for targets to open. The product in my hand gives me something to talk about. I pay cash and save the receipt to return the product later.

As I'm walking out I again scan for girls by themselves and girls who give me eye contact.

Of course, whenever you talk to a girl, all the other girls try to listen to your conversation.

Sephora is a great place to practice. If you are weak, you won't last 5 minutes in that store!

Quote: (11-23-2012 03:25 AM)NewGamer Wrote:  

Forever 21

Forever 21 is a great store to gsme in. Look for the ones with a "21Men". That way you can try on different outfits and walk around the store asking girls opinions.

http://www.forever21.com/Store/StoreLocator.aspx?br=f21

In the spirit of black Friday and the holiday season, the number of female customers at Sephora stores should be much higher. Game on brothers.

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-24-2012 12:32 AM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

@CMan- my post wasnt meant as a discourager it was merely to point out a known fact. By all means game away. My only worry is that men starting out in game who have little to no experience when being played will mistake these these entire experiences as actual practice when trying to pick up outside the work setting. Im not saying that's you but many dudes may get easily frustrated and confused when they approach a random girl and she doesnt respond as warmly as that salesgirl or waitress who spent a half hour laughing at their corny jokes and talking to them. As for clientele, that's an aspiring PUA's goldmine. You get to talk to people of every race, ethnicity, socio-economic background, language, varying degrees of attractiveness from the ugly to the hottest, & different attitudes, as well as many other things. Best of all you dont even have to really search for anyone, they all come to you.

We're in total agreement. That's a sound point of view. I like it. I didn't think you were discouraging at all. Girls being paid to sell can easily be mistaken as being interested. You're right on that account. But you nailed my reason for posting this thread in the first place, which is "they come to you".

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-24-2012 01:10 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Sephora is a great place to practice. If you are weak, you won't last 5 minutes in that store.

Bingo. But nobody ever said this game was easy, right? Giovonny is on the money. It's a tough crowd to get used to at first. I'll admit while I was in there I did get a bit nervous at opening a girl within earshot of another customer/employee out of fear of looking like a total creep. Sephora is the kind of place that because of it's small size I imagine it would be rather easy to develop a reputation as a creeper if you were to do many approaches at once over a short period of time. And that's something you definitely don't want. My advice is to go in once and get your feet wet. A trial run if you will. If you get shot down or don't develop any instant camaraderie out of a few of your openers then pull the lever and eject. You can always go back at a later date. And for those of you that haven't been to a Sephora, trust me, you'll want to go back.

Sephora Game

If you approach alot of girls in a short period of time, the staff will almost certainly notice you. It's not a place where you can do alot of approaches. It's a place to do a few intense approaches on a very pretty girl. Approaches that will teach you alot.

I don't see how you can do more then 5-10 approaches a week there?

It would be nice to live near multiple Sephoras.

There are alot of other make up stores if you look for them. I'm sure you could come up with some sort of make up store routine.

Sephora Game

ask the girl if she likes a cologne. Spray some on one of the paper strips and see what she says.

She either says she likes it or will make a face. Either way transition to a conversation

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-24-2012 02:54 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I don't see how you can do more then 5-10 approaches a week there?

Yeah, between 5-10 sounds about right to me, too.

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-24-2012 01:41 AM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

In the spirit of black Friday and the holiday season, the number of female customers at Sephora stores should be much higher. Game on brothers.

I agree. Also, starting in December they're going to be staying open later and opening an hour early during the week. I'm thinking about heading up there tomorrow to see what I can do. I need to follow-up with the girl I spoke to while I was there. I don't believe she was playing me for a sale, because at some point during our conversation she told me that I should check out Macy's before I paid what Sephora was charging (full price), because she had just bought a cologne for her brother there and it was on sale. Am I overthinking that analysis?

[Image: Sephora-store-front.jpg]

Sephora Game

Would Victoria's Secret game be the hail mary pass?

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-24-2012 07:44 PM)IQVX Wrote:  

Would Victoria's Secret game be the hail mary pass?

I can't see a way to do that and not make every woman in the place uncomfortable. I mean, lingere and makeup are two different things entirely. Calling VS a "hail mary" is pretty spot on I think. How would you even open a girl there and have it not be awkward? I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I wouldn't try it yet.

Sephora Game

IKEA game.

Sephora Game

I think quality in Sephora is largely location dependent. I went into one in Houston about a year ago and found myself surrounded by waddling mounds of flesh trying to hide their 3rd and 4th chins with shitloads of make up.

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-25-2012 11:32 PM)Strictly Professional Wrote:  

I think quality in Sephora is largely location dependent. I went into one in Houston about a year ago and found myself surrounded by waddling mounds of flesh trying to hide their 3rd and 4th chins with shitloads of make up.

You could be right. Location can be everything. My local Sephora is stocked full of 8's both behind the counter and on the floor. I was going to try and get down there today, but something came up. I plan on returning within the next 2 weeks. It's the holiday shopping season now after all. If you want some new pussy in your rotation for Christmas, then Sephora is as good a place to look as any.

Sephora Game

Victoria's Secret game

This is on my "to do" list.

#ballsofsteel

Sephora Game

Quote: (11-26-2012 02:59 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Victoria's Secret game

This is on my "to do" list.

I banged my hs girlfriend in one if their changing rooms. Haven't been in since.

#ballsofsteel

Sephora Game

I've done about 4-5 approaches in Victoria's Secret. Its important to dress well because all the employees will be looking at you wondering what the fuck you are doing in there. Looking as sharp as possible puts their mind at ease. If you look like a loser, beta, slob, no one is gonna believe that you are "shopping for your girlfriend".

I walk in and quickly an employee asks if she can help me. I say "I need a gift certificate". We walk up to the cash register and she asks me a few questions. I speak loudly and confidently so whoever is watching will notice me interacting with the staff. This takes me off of everyone's "creeper radar" and buys me a little time.

Or, I say I'm shopping for a friend and would like to see some lingerie. I let the person help me and then I tell them to let me browse around a bit.

Again, making contact with staff lowers peoples suspicions and buys me some time to roam around. Try to be as visible as possible when interacting with staff so that as many people see you as possible. Even better, if you can laugh and joke publicly with staff, it raises credibility and value.

Not interacting with staff means they will be watching you closely. It's rare to see a man shopping by himself in VS. When it happens people instinctively notice and observe. I think they train their staff to be on the look out for weirdos and perverts.

Once I have connected with staff, I tell them I want to browse around a bit.

Now, I have only about a 10 minute window to act. I look for any available targets. Hopefully, the girl saw me talking and joking with staff so she knows I am not some random trolling the store. When you see a girl by herself, you must approach immediately, soon she will be surrounded by other shoppers and store employees. I usually say something like...

"those are cool"
"that is hot"
"that would look great"
"that is nice"
"wow, thats a nice one"

I just try to strike up a conversation. I tell them the "truth", that I am getting a gift certificate for a friend. Or, I tell them that I am part of a wedding party and I need to get a gift for my bridesmaid.

Hopefully, you can get a little playful chat going. After a few minutes, I might say..

"I gotta run but i like your style, wanna get a drink or something sometime?"
"I gotta run but its been fun talking to you, wanna meet up for coffee or something sometime?"

Victoria's Secret is my new training ground!

Sephora Game

Incredible breakdown Gio. I'm going to use this in NYC in 3 weeks.

Sephora Game

I wish some of you guys were local. We could meet up and go in two at a time just so we weren't completely on our own in there. Moral support game.

Sephora Game

^^Yep, I'd love to meet Gio. My favorite poster here.