rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Write a book or start a blog?

So lately I've been taking notes on a subject (laziness) that I started experimenting with my self and I have recorded my observations, thoughts and experiences (mostly first hand) and the notes keep piling up. I write notes when I'm in class, the buss, out with people because ideas come to me when i'm not chasing them.

Is it better to write a book or start a blog?
Or both?

one thing to remember with these "discoveries" that are primarily based on data about yourself is that they might be just that... insights about yourself. everyone has different patterns and underlying reasons for behaviour.

Not to step on your idea, but thats what I found when I read alot of self-development blogs... it seems like all they've done is looked inward and written about their inner world in a very self-absorbed way and assumed it applied to everyone. Not saying that's necessarily you but it could be something to bear in mind

If you really want to smash out a prominent resource on this, IMO you have to extensively research what's true for others, not just yourself. Just my 2c.

Quote: (11-15-2012 10:38 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

one thing to remember with these "discoveries" that are primarily based on data about yourself is that they might be just that... insights about yourself. everyone has different patterns and underlying reasons for behaviour.

Not to step on your idea, but thats what I found when I read alot of self-development blogs... it seems like all they've done is looked inward and written about their inner world in a very self-absorbed way and assumed it applied to everyone. Not saying that's necessarily you but it could be something to bear in mind

If you really want to smash out a prominent resource on this, IMO you have to extensively research what's true for others, not just yourself. Just my 2c.

Quote:Quote:

self-development blogs... it seems like all they've done is looked inward and written about their inner world in a very self-absorbed way and assumed it applied to everyone.

I'm aware of that but unfortunately, when writing about observations about one's self, it tends to gear more heavily on the subjective site where basically you can discuss for days if the content is true or not and not find an answer.

Quote:Quote:

extensively research what's true for others

I'm also tackling that. I also found out that it's also a good conversation starter, especially when I want to make people talk about themselves.

I have a great outline for a an erotic fiction novel but I am so damn lazy when it comes to starting it. I could publish this bitch online and sell and market it to womens eventually.

Quote: (11-15-2012 11:22 PM)raliv Wrote:  

I have a great outline for a an erotic fiction novel but I am so damn lazy when it comes to starting it. I could publish this bitch online and sell and market it to womens eventually.

Thank you for that [Image: blush.gif]

I would recommend writing for about ten years then burning/shredding everything you have written up to that point and starting over from there. Seriously. Not to be an ass, but because honesty is valuable in this case, you wrote "myself" as two separate words and spelled "bus" wrong, which shows you need to improve your grasp of the language before anyone will respect your content.

Start a blog, start a mailing list from the traffic from your blog. Open a twitter account and use it to direct traffic to your blog.

Then write a book and sell it to your mailing list.