rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do You Hold Back From Posting Here?

Have you ever gotten an idea for a really good thread or post but decided not to post it because it might reveal sensitive information about your identity?

There is a lot of data I want to share on this forum about Brazil that I have refrained from posting because anybody googling those topics would find me here and on my other online home. The internet is a very small place for super niche search terms. As much as I would like to share information, I fear the damage in reputation that comes from associating with this forum.

What are your thoughts on this issue?

[Image: troll.gif]

I commonly tell people, "I wrote an article about XXXXXX, just google "city name" + "activity" and you'll find me." Some of this stuff is super niche, and if I post about it here as well as on my site then they will find both.

I dont really get the whole idea of worrying about identity

Not being able to delete/edit posts after a short time period has definitely hindered me from posting a lot of the shit that I would like to(especially where making money is concerned). I'm probably just paranoid, but it has saved my ass before.

if you're too scared to post here, then leave.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (11-13-2012 04:50 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

there are a couple of non-red pill people who actually know my identiy. (they were being nosy IRL)
But that will never stop me from posting here. This place is one of the best things ive found since unplugging from the matrix and if i can give back or contribute in anyway, then im all over it.

In certain ways yes. A few blood relatives discovered my twitter and my blog about 1 month ago.
If anything it just makes me think a little bit harder about what i post, write or comment on.

Funny thing is i used to think to myself how you can be found out...yeah I'm not laughing anymore.

Quote: (11-13-2012 06:47 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

In certain ways yes. A few blood relatives discovered my twitter and my blog about 1 month ago.
If anything it just makes me think a little bit harder about what i post, write or comment on.

Funny thing is i used to think to myself how you can be found out...yeah I'm not laughing anymore.

What's your blog?

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

All the damn time.

You guys should be proud to be a contributing member here. The only thing you should worry about is the girls you are actively engaging with tracking what you do. I've been found on here many times by my lack of security on my laptop at home. Fuck it. I'm not regulated by anyone at home or work so I like to travel places where it's fun and interact with girls and some of the dudes here..A crime? Fuck you! Try to engage with me in person and tell me what I'm doing is wrong. Try.

@ Neil Skywalker
http://elementsofgame.wordpress.com/

Quote: (11-13-2012 04:50 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I should think about what I have to Worry about when revealing my Picture I am still private but would it realy make a difference to my Day to Day Life if people know what I Look like ?

I have Respeckt for People who Not just Post her but have there Real pictures in there Profil. I mean how lickley is it that some on searches the forrum finds you're Name and than finds Out where you live and kills you [Image: smile.gif]
So why Worry about Stuff like that? It's actualy wasted Energy Even in my Own cas so Time to change that.

Quote: (11-14-2012 05:37 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

@ Neil Skywalker
http://elementsofgame.wordpress.com/

Thanks, I bookmarked it and will check out the articles as soon as I have some time to read them.

Nice tagline btw [Image: king.gif]

One problem a lot of guys make is picking a username that is the same as on other forums.

If you pick a unique username, don't post identifying information, and don't give people access to your laptop, you'll be straight.

Quote: (11-13-2012 11:17 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

You guys should be proud to be a contributing member here. The only thing you should worry about is the girls you are actively engaging with tracking what you do. I've been found on here many times by my lack of security on my laptop at home. Fuck it. I'm not regulated by anyone at home or work so I like to travel places where it's fun and interact with girls and some of the dudes here..A crime? Fuck you! Try to engage with me in person and tell me what I'm doing is wrong. Try.

All the more reason to have your own business and be your own boss.

When you work for corporate America, posting the type of content that we do on this forum at best ruins your reputation and credibility and at worst gets you fired.

Yes. Maintaining confidentiality is important to me. Perhaps paranoia on my part, I wonder whether a lurker on the forum from my city could try and 'out me'. Not like I'm posting stuff thats crazy on here, just wouldn't want that to happen.

Quote: (11-14-2012 08:07 AM)bigxxx Wrote:  

Yes. Maintaining confidentiality is important to me. Perhaps paranoia on my part, I wonder whether a lurker on the forum from my city could try and 'out me'. Not like I'm posting stuff thats crazy on here, just wouldn't want that to happen.

It is very unlikely that a member of this forum would find you by miracle and "out you". If that would happen you can out him, right?

On the other hand you already have almost 500 posts, so no big deal...

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Quote: (11-14-2012 07:17 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

One problem a lot of guys make is picking a username that is the same as on other forums.

If you pick a unique username, don't post identifying information, and don't give people access to your laptop, you'll be straight.

by the way, is there a way to change a username?

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

I follow Roosh surgestions, plus there is a million fresh in the world, come one guys. Scared like the KBG still was around.

I could only find my friend here after a long search, reading different post, then I reconaised him, his writing.

No specific Brazil, but smaller places, Icelandic, Faroa Island. Max population, around a 100.000 Peoples, then change your origin, claim your nabour city nor country!

I mentioned here before one day I had this on in my office and had to leave quick when I came back my mom was at my desk reading this forum. She said "What kind of crap is this on your computer?" lol

She also thinks the internet is one place like the power company that you can call or visit.

Quote: (11-14-2012 07:53 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2012 11:17 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

All the more reason to have your own business and be your own boss.

When you work for corporate America, posting the type of content that we do on this forum at best ruins your reputation and credibility and at worst gets you fired.
I could understand if we were brokering trafficked hookers or something but we're just doing what were supposed to.

How would this even shake out? Your boss calls you in because a co-worker told him you're on the RVF and tells you I read your post about having a threesome in the bahamas. I don't think you're a right fit for our company . Haha

Quote: (11-14-2012 08:23 AM)michelin Wrote:  

Quote: (11-14-2012 07:17 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

by the way, is there a way to change a username?

Nope, you have to register a new one.

I'm probably not going to post anything in certain threads like "CS" bc I'm actually dependent on that for traveling in terms of happenings around a city I'm traveling in.

Other than that, not really too overly careful about the situation.

I have the same problem. I created my account years ago and have since realized that it is a public forum and people can find me in a simple google search due to having the same user name elsewhere. I used to contribute regardless of topic, now i am selective about what I do and do not divulge.

Katatonic said it right: being unable to go back and change names, dates, cities, discourages me as I realize it can bite me in the butt later, sometimes I am too honest and give away too much information.

Creating a new user name is the smartest option. I havent done it because I would probably get banned on my new name for trolling; this forum is harsh on members with low post counts.