rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tampa Bay Red Light Cameras Keep Whipping My Ass!

I recently received over four violations for not stopping completely before I made a right turn on red and have red light camera tickets that total over six hundred dollars. The funny thing is all of them are at the same light and all of them show me taking the same turn. I did not know I was violating the rule until well after I was on my third ticket since all my ticket information gets sent to my mother’s address (car and title is registered in her name).

Is there any way I can fight this? For one, the person violating on paper is my mother even though she wasn't driving the car. Two, in theory, I may not have been the one driving the car since they have no picture of me driving it, just the back of my car from a birds eye view.

Also, considering it is the same violation at the same light for literally the same damn error of judgement, I am wondering if I can get some leniency from the judge, especially since I am poor (hourly wage worker/below poverty line).

I am thinking about seeking legal counsel but I’d rather do it on my own. Do I have a chance at beating this? What arguments can I use?

Also, I found this….

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafet...on/1255012

It will be a major pain to fight it alone.

Google "traffic attorneys tampa bay."

Since the total tab is $600, I think it makes economic sense to hire a lawyer. That way you don't have to disrupt your routine and can keep working. You should never have to go to traffic court...a lawyer can handle all that.

I once paid $100 to have a speeding ticket reduced to a non-moving violation. Tickets for a rolling stop are even more small potatoes. I'd say if you can limit the bill to $200-$300 (which should be a cinch) it's a no-brainer to hire the lawyer. With any luck, he handles it for $100 for you.

Here ya go bud
http://www.phantomplate.com/

After you get it come spray my plate too.

Quote: (11-12-2012 09:42 AM)Phil Wrote:  

It will be a major pain to fight it alone.

Google "traffic attorneys tampa bay."

Since the total tab is $600, I think it makes economic sense to hire a lawyer. That way you don't have to disrupt your routine and can keep working. You should never have to go to traffic court...a lawyer can handle all that.

I once paid $100 to have a speeding ticket reduced to a non-moving violation. Tickets for a rolling stop are even more small potatoes. I'd say if you can limit the bill to $200-$300 (which should be a cinch) it's a no-brainer to hire the lawyer. With any luck, he handles it for $100 for you.

Thanks man. I will be contacting an attorney on my next day off.

Quote: (11-12-2012 09:46 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Here ya go bud

Will do.

Cover part of your face whenever you go think the light might change or you have a close call. I used to do my nose/mouth area. They have no case (and won't even send you the fine) if your face isn't completely visible. It requires some thinking the first few times but, after that, it becomes a natural driving reflex, like hitting your signals or looking in the mirrors.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (11-12-2012 07:44 AM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

I recently received over four violations for not stopping completely before I made a right turn on red and have red light camera tickets that total over six hundred dollars. The funny thing is all of them are at the same light and all of them show me taking the same turn. I did not know I was violating the rule until well after I was on my third ticket since all my ticket information gets sent to my mother’s address (car and title is registered in her name).

Is there any way I can fight this? For one, the person violating on paper is my mother even though she wasn't driving the car. Two, in theory, I may not have been the one driving the car since they have no picture of me driving it, just the back of my car from a birds eye view.

Also, considering it is the same violation at the same light for literally the same damn error of judgement, I am wondering if I can get some leniency from the judge, especially since I am poor (hourly wage worker/below poverty line).

I am thinking about seeking legal counsel but I’d rather do it on my own. Do I have a chance at beating this? What arguments can I use?

Also, I found this….

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafet...on/1255012

yeah...I get this shit in Newark NJ. Its ridiculous! Just pay it yo and find a different way to commute.
Im pissed too. I just received a ticket today for making an illegal right turn. Theres no sign. So pissed yo!Everyone is jay mother fucking walking here and the cop doesn't give a shit!
So fucking pissed too man.

Graduate school Im definitely going to NK yo. NJ Newark Sucks ass here!
I believe MIXX spoke about the potential there with Latinos and blacks.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4655.html

[Image: angry.gif]

Yeah, fuck those lights!! I'm so happy Houston voters voted to turn them off in the city limits. They can't give you a ticket around here anymore if there's no warning sign before the red light.

Quote: (11-12-2012 09:46 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Here ya go bud

Be careful with these, In some states if you get caught with these your fucked.

Sprays don't do shit! Google myth busters episodes on this! What works is covering your face when you go thru the intersection. Also, depending on the state, they MUST serve you in person - so it would be hard for them to find you if they are sending some bozo to your mother's address. Another trick - superglue a leaf to your plate covering one of the letters. If cops stop you you can blame the weather and pretend it stuck to your plate naturally.

Yeah, I am not going down without a fight. $600+ dollars is a lot of money.

I should get my tickets in the mail today and I'll contact a few traffic lawyers tomorrow to see what are my options.

For now I'm driving like I am driving on egg shells.

Quote: (11-13-2012 12:23 AM)Wayout Wrote:  

Sprays don't do shit! Google myth busters episodes on this! What works is covering your face when you go thru the intersection. Also, depending on the state, they MUST serve you in person - so it would be hard for them to find you if they are sending some bozo to your mother's address. Another trick - superglue a leaf to your plate covering one of the letters. If cops stop you you can blame the weather and pretend it stuck to your plate naturally.

Covering your face wont work in IL, They ticket the plate not the driver. Thus why its only $100 for red light camera, if you blow through a stop sign its $300

Quote: (11-13-2012 09:20 AM)chyamor Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2012 12:23 AM)Wayout Wrote:  

Covering your face wont work in IL, They ticket the plate not the driver. Thus why its only $100 for red light camera, if you blow through a stop sign its $300

I get all my vehicles titled/plated in Montana with permanent plates.... then you never have to pay these camera tickets because there's no annual registration for them to block. hehe

If you don't/can't swing the lawyer, you could try requesting to speak with the prosecutor at your court hearing (maybe you can request hearing if you don't have one) and asking for a lesser charge. I did this and got a sizable ticket ($600 fine/4 points) reduced to $225 fine/1 point just by speaking with him. I think, at least in NJ, it's like your Get Out of Jail card.

Try looking up some car forums (e90post.com, etc) on what guys in your cities recommend. That's where I've gotten all my info on tickets as there is always someone getting in trouble for something on those sites.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

It's your 6th Amendment right to face and cross examine your accuser in a court of law.
If a cop gives you a ticket you can put him on the stand and grill his ass about the incident.
Since you can't do that with a camera. I call bullshit.

Team Nachos

Quote: (11-13-2012 11:55 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

It's your 6th Amendment right to face and cross examine your accuser in a court of law.
If a cop gives you a ticket you can put him on the stand and grill his ass about the incident.
Since you can't do that with a camera. I call bullshit.

A Hillsborough County sheriff reviews each photograph before issuing an electronic citation, so I presume you could get said deputy on the stand and grill as per above.

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/A-Z-Director...meras.aspx

Its certainly an efficient process and undoubtedly revenue generation is at the core of this. I was sitting at a redlight at the intersection of Kennedy & Dale Mabry there in Tampa a few weeks ago. While I was waiting for the light to change, I counted eight camera flashes. If only half of those resulted in citations at $158 per pop, that's over $600 in less than three minutes.

Just wait until they put speed camera in school zones/ parks zone. If you go over 5 mph its a $50 ticket, over 10 mph its a $120+ ticket. Currently being held up in court since a child has to be present in the pic to prove child was in danger.

How does the vehicles titled/plated in Montana work?

Quote: (11-13-2012 01:57 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Just wait until they put speed camera in school zones/ parks zone. If you go over 5 mph its a $50 ticket, over 10 mph its a $120+ ticket. Currently being held up in court since a child has to be present in the pic to prove child was in danger.

How does the vehicles titled/plated in Montana work?

Since they ticket the vehicle and not a person's DL they hold your annual registration renewal hostage until you pay the outstanding tickets. When it's a permanent plate, there is no annual renewal, so they have no leverage. Also I don't ever title vehicles in my name, I use a LLC or trust instead, so it can't be tied to my drivers license.

The need to have your face shown in the photo varies by state. In MD, it's not necessary. I saw some guys working on a speed camera the other morning. I was very tempted to pull over to tell them I thought they were pieces of shit and that I hoped they'd get run over. All those things are good for is generating revenue.

Quote: (11-13-2012 02:29 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

The need to have your face shown in the photo varies by state. In MD, it's not necessary. I saw some guys working on a speed camera the other morning. I was very tempted to pull over to tell them I thought they were pieces of shit and that I hoped they'd get run over. All those things are good for is generating revenue.

Because the same guy is going to get the money right? Its a job. Just like a meter maid, Im sure they dont like what they do but at least its a job. I'm sure his wife and kids would appreciate your comments.

Add another one to the pile.

As I was leaving the theatre tonight I forgot to turn my lights on (I don't know why...too much thinking I guess).

Got pulled over and cited for a moving violation..another 158...

4 red lights plus this latest one = 790 bucks

I'm hoping a lawyer can reduce this..

thanks for the tips guys.