rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Invest in small business abroad?

I am curious if some cats invested money in small businesses abroad? And I am also curious to hear other peoples view on how much its possible to trust a girl abroad.

I've got a small investment-plan, but I am not sure if i should grab the chance.

This summer I met an Indonesian girl .
I've had a lot of contact with her, even after returning to my own country. In Indonesia she even lent me money when my wallet got stolen.

Her business background.
She has a bachelor in economics, and she is currently working in a bank. She's a hard worker, and i also find her intelligent, she speaks four languages.

Now she has a plan to start up a small spa, and she needs some start up capital.

We have not talked specific about the business, but i know its not a huge investment.

What worries me is really how much i can trust a person.

I know she lied to her family about seeing me. But i also know she liked me so much she wanted to have a child with me, still i have a hard time trusting her(anyone really). When i lost my wallet in Indonesia she even lent me money equivalent to 2-3 weeks of work for her, so she certainly trust me.

Opinions?

http://www.kiva.org/start

But there are a billion different micro-finance opportunities for women in the 3rd world.

Direct her to those legit resources, and she'll do fine.
If she's asking you to open up your wallet....lol

WIA

Quote: (11-11-2012 12:51 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

http://www.kiva.org/start

But there are a billion different micro-finance opportunities for women in the 3rd world.

Direct her to those legit resources, and she'll do fine.
If she's asking you to open up your wallet....lol

WIA

Is this similar to lending club except you dont have to pay fees?

Quote: (11-11-2012 12:11 PM)pants Wrote:  

I am curious if some cats invested money in small businesses abroad? And I am also curious to hear other peoples view on how much its possible to trust a girl abroad.

I've got a small investment-plan, but I am not sure if i should grab the chance.

I've had a lot of contact with her, even after returning to my own country. In Indonesia she even lent me money when my wallet got stolen.

Her business background.
She has a bachelor in economics, and she is currently working in a bank. She's a hard worker, and i also find her intelligent, she speaks four languages.

Now she has a plan to start up a small spa, and she needs some start up capital.

We have not talked specific about the business, but i know its not a huge investment.

I know she lied to her family about seeing me. But i also know she liked me so much she wanted to have a child with me, still i have a hard time trusting her(anyone really). When i lost my wallet in Indonesia she even lent me money equivalent to 2-3 weeks of work for her, so she certainly trust me.

Opinions?

Trusting people and knowing how to vet people to trust is a tricky one. I am thinking of getting something going with some people in other countries and I am just trying to source them properly.

Maybe some of the guys here who are trading with countries known for flaky citizens can offer some insight here..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I got burned this year with somebody I thought was straight edge. Anytime you are investing aboard you are putting your ass out there. Unless you can go to the country for a month and get your legal shit squared away, it’s a shot in the dark. Don't be a simp. Alot of people will smile in your face but scheme behind your back.

If you really believe you can trust this person, I would run her through a shit load of tests to see how loyal that person is. I am interested in joining the Masons. They put us through 5-10 tasks that are simple but take time to complete. Run that lizard through some test first, make sure she gets you a business plan and account for every single dollar you invest in that plan. You need to study the laws and regulations as much as you can. Although you may be a silent investor, you should know as much as possible about your investment and regs. Invest what you know you don't need and won't miss if she hits a lick on you. Remember most investments fail. Prepare yourself for failure.

My mistake was I didn't take account for how volatile Mexico is. Cartels can fuck up your area. Cause customers to not shop. Plus my business partner's partner was unstable and fucked up the orders. If I had to do it again, I would get a business plan first as start with a smaller investment before I decide to do it big.

Scared money don't make money but you still need to be smart about it. Good luck.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Her business background.

Opinions?

How exactly did you meet her?

Do you know for sure she speaks four languages? How would you know? Do you speak them yourself?

Why would she want to have a child with you? Anchor baby?

What does she do at the bank?

There's a million other variables here that make this sound like a classic scam.

Aloha!

I Personaly wouldn't do that except with someone who is Part of my Family and who I can Trust 100%. I am Not Trying to discourage you but be careful. At the Moment there is Just on Guy I Trust 100% who manges some of my Money whe Is the on who showed me the Basics of Trading as I was baysicly broke and near homeless I know him before I was succesful.

But more importantly he is still much more Succesful than I am and I was able to Track bis Financial Record for Almost 2 years. I know how he Makes Money I have Full Control and I am able to See how much he Makes every day and how he Makes it.

If I want I can withdraw all my Money within 30 Minutes anytime so my Risk is realy low.

Why do you want to Invest abroad?

How much Capital is it going to cost you?

What are the ongoing costs ?

What is you're experience Level ?

Do you actualy live there or have permanent residency ?

What is you're Profit Margin or you're Return ?

Do you have Business experience ? Does she have Business experience.

To me what you wrote Sounds like a High Risk Business.
Try to Awnser the questions that I asked.

By the way if you Know what you're doing Investing abbroad can be a realy Good moove.

I have Family in Afrika investing in Real Estate on of my uncles who lives in Dubai and Visited my Place on his Euro Tour toled me about the oppertunities and they are tempting but if I wouldn't Trust him 100% and know about him and his Values and that he is allready succesful and would just connect me to the right people I wouldn't Look at it twice.

I still prefer us Real Estate because I want the legal structure but Even there I will just work with a Team that I Trust 100% and that are the best at what they do and allready succesful. So they actualy don't Need me.

Think about it! Why did she choose you ?

Take Care
Eric
And Remember the question is Not: Is this a Great Investment ?but are you a Great Investor.?

I Personaly wouldn't do that except with someone who is Part of my Family and who I can Trust 100%. I am Not Trying to discourage you but be careful.

At the Moment there is Just on Guy I Trust 100% who manges some of my Money he Is the one who showed me the Basics of Trading as I was baysicly broke and near homeless I knew him before I was succesful. And he didn't ask me but I asked him since whe toled me he is starting a Capital Managment Company and was Lucky enough to have some Cash ready to Invest.

But more importantly he is still much more Succesful than I am and I was able to Track bis Financial Record for Almost 2 years. I know how he Makes Money I have Full Control and I am able to See how much he Makes every day and how he Makes it.

If I want I can withdraw all my Money within 30 Minutes anytime so my Risk is realy low.

Why do you want to Invest abroad?

How much Capital is it going to cost you?

What are the ongoing costs ?

What is you're experience Level ?

Do you actualy live there or have permanent residency ?
What is you're Profit Margin or you're Return ?

Do you have Business experience ? Does she have Business experience.

To me what you wrote Sounds like a High Risk Business.
Try to Awnser the questions that I asked.

By the way if you know what you're doing Investing abbroad can be a realy Good moove.

I have Family in Afrika investing in Real Estate and on of my uncles who lives in Dubai and Visited my Place on hi Euro Tour in June with bis Family and I heared about the oppertunities that are Out there and what he does to get a slice of the pie ore actualy create the pie since he is a Pioneer and goes into Markets first and let's other Investors Drive the Price up.

What he does is tempting but if I wouldn't Trust him 100% and know about him and his Values and that he is allready succesful and would just connect me to the right people I wouldn't Look at it twice.

And I still don't Invest there since to me it's about the legal structure aswell and that is why I prefer the US for 2013 but Even there I will work with a Team that I Trust 100% and that are the best at what they do and don't really Need me.

Think about it! Why did she choose you ?
And remember it's Not about the Investment it's about the Investor.

The question is not: Is this a Great Investment ? The questions is are you a Great Investor ? I don't think you are yet but if you educate you'reself and learn how the Game Works and gain some Real Life experience you will no the Awnser you'reself.

I am Sorry for my Bad writting( Ich bin aus Deutschland )
Aber ich arbeite daran [Image: smile.gif]

Take Care
Eric

Ups Doppel Post and I can't delete it.

Never - never trust a girl!

How many guys did she tell the same story? Fuck her, enjoy her, but don't invest money.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

First off, how much are we talking and what is her plan for paying you back?

After making sure you know those two things you need to find out if you can even own all or a part of a business in Indonesia. Asian countries are notorious for fucking over western investors in small business via protectionism. You'll also need to find out who else is investing and what kind of spa it is (if you were in that part of the world then you should know that spa is often code for brothel or jack shack).

For me personally, I would probably consider doing it for between 500-1000 but only under the condition that I was there in the beginning and we lived together for a certain period of time as the business was getting of the ground (even if it meant you both staying in the spa). That way you will at least have some control over how the business is run and be there to make sure it gets off the ground.

Just to give you some perspective...I met tons of guys who invested in bars, restaurants...in Thailand and lost all of their money. In some cases they paid for equipment that was then sold or a retail location that was subleased. The one common factor was that they had no legal recourse to be repaid because of the way the business was structured.

Opinions?

I'm in Indo once a month so why don't you give me this bitch's number and I'll check things out.

Where is she and where does she want to open the place?

Aloha!

Its very early, and therefor this was more a thread about trusting people met abroad.

It's small money, so that's really not the problem. But still i want to play every hand as if there is big money on the table.

Around 6 000USD to start a SPA. She got half the money herself and she wanted an investor to invest the other half.

And this is not something she desperately wants to get me in on. I often chat with her, and we often discuss money.

This time she told me about a business plan, and it was me who asked if she needed an investor. I told her i did not 100% trust her, and she told me I had to, else she only got stressed from an investor not trusting her.

I also consider this a high risk. But if it will make it past the first 6 month, it would be great to have an passive income. Maybe I can stash away some money in a foreign bank account. Norwegian taxes are insane. Apart from the economical perspective, it would be nice owning a part of a small business abroad. I consider it more fun than owning parts in a huge international corporation.

This girl is anti prostitution, so i think its not that kind of a SPA.

Kona; for now, no thanks. I have to see how things play through, and i also might go down there for Christmas myself.

Quote: (11-12-2012 07:19 AM)pants Wrote:  

Its very early, and therefor this was more a thread about trusting people met abroad.

It's small money, so that's really not the problem. But still i want to play every hand as if there is big money on the table.

Around 6 000USD to start a SPA. She got half the money herself and she wanted an investor to invest the other half.

And this is not something she desperately wants to get me in on. I often chat with her, and we often discuss money.

This time she told me about a business plan, and it was me who asked if she needed an investor. I told her i did not 100% trust her, and she told me I had to, else she only got stressed from an investor not trusting her.

I also consider this a high risk. But if it will make it past the first 6 month, it would be great to have an passive income. Maybe I can stash away some money in a foreign bank account. Norwegian taxes are insane. Apart from the economical perspective, it would be nice owning a part of a small business abroad. I consider it more fun than owning parts in a huge international corporation.

This girl is anti prostitution, so i think its not that kind of a SPA.

Kona; for now, no thanks. I have to see how things play through, and i also might go down there for Christmas myself.

If it is just a small Portion of you're overall Networth than I would say JUST DO IT and be prepared to loos it all If you accept that ase a: Worst Case Szenario it might be a good way to get some learn experience.
People invest 10s of thousands of dollars into oldschool education so compared to that this is worth the risk.

But still make sure to do you're own due dilligience offcourse

Whish you succes
Eric

Showed loyalty isn't worth anything if the person sees perceived value.

You need to find the person that continues being loyal even if he/she does NOT receive any value in return, but does it because of strong values (like always paying your debt, no matter what). I personally doubt you find that in a country like Indonesia.

Or legal certainty (what you don't have in this case).

[Image: thread_necromancer.png]

I'm the King of Beijing!

12k usd won't start a SPA anywhere on earth. I live in a dirt cheap country and it cost around $20-25k to start a coffee shop not counting funds for working capital.

I'd say NO if you do really trust her.

That being said, there are two possibilities:

1. she is trustworthy but stupid. She'll probably blow it by ignorance and not malice. she doesn't have prior business experience. degrees and college education in third world countries are exactly worthless.

2. she is running this story through a few guys.