rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recommendation for livingplace needed

Hi,

i cancelled my flat for 31.may and have to book a flight now.
Two days ago i came back from a vacation in Buenos Aires and i really liked this city, so longterm plan could be to move to buenos aires.I don´t want to take the german winter and the argentina winter afterwards so i need a warm place for 2-3 month.

At the moment i see too many options:

-I could go with a friend to thailand and after that flying to buenos aires and live there. But i want to learn spanish and don´t want to stop my learning.

-Flying to Medellin/Bogota (or perhaps another city in colombia)

-Flying to Lima

-Flying directly to buenos aires (where i allready know some people)

I am 23 and can work from my laptop, i have enough money to spend.
Unfortunately i´m so damn unsure and have some fear to stay 3 month alone (my spanish sucks at the moment). So i would like to hear some thoughts how difficult/easy it is to get to know friends in this cities.
I don´t get people to know through my work.
Also i would like to stay in Medellin/Bogota/Lima if i really like it.

Quote: (03-13-2010 07:25 PM)Scipio Wrote:  

-I could go with a friend to thailand

I think the rainy season is starting soon in thailand.

Quote: (03-14-2010 12:58 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Quote: (03-13-2010 07:25 PM)Scipio Wrote:  

-I could go with a friend to thailand

I think the rainy season is starting soon in thailand.

I like rain.

June would still be a pretty good time for you in Thailand. I think July/August is supposed to be the worst rain overall, but there's some regional variation (so some spots are still fine) and everything's a lot cheaper than from late November-February.

Still, any savings you'd get from being in Thailand in low season would be spent by adding SE Asia as a link on your trip if you're already heading to South America afterward. You could probably just join a couple of the social/dating sites for S. America that are mentioned on this board in order to have some women to meet up with once you're in town there.