rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which US city is best for gaming?

I'm new on this board, but I think the contributors here would have good input. I'm going to be quitting my career soon in order to go the entrepreneur route. As a result, I will be moving to a new US city of my choosing. I'll be considering a variety of factors (taxes, cost of living, etc.) which I can research independently. However, I would like some input as to which cities have the best environment for gaming girls.

A bit about me. I'm in my early 30's. My game needs some serious improvement, so I'm not looking for a challenge. If you could choose where you'd like to live, where would it be?

Welcome on board Amish!
I know you asked for a city in the US, but here's a suggestion if you're open to it:
Montréal, Canada. Why?
a) Low cost of living.
b) Tons of very beautiful, fashionable girls who are very approachable and are feminine.
c) Very beautiful city, loads of things to do/see/go, which gets off the hook during the summer.
The only downside is that it's very cold in the winter (say from Dec. to March).

Just a suggestion.

Quote: (03-12-2010 02:38 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Welcome on board Amish!
I know you asked for a city in the US, but here's a suggestion if you're open to it:
Montréal, Canada. Why?
a) Low cost of living.
b) Tons of very beautiful, fashionable girls who are very approachable and are feminine.
c) Very beautiful city, loads of things to do/see/go, which gets off the hook during the summer.
The only downside is that it's very cold in the winter (say from Dec. to March).

Just a suggestion.

Good info, I'll check it out. However, cold weather is a huge negative for me. I think Pennsylvania and Maryland are too cold. My current work gig in Honolulu has me spoiled for nice weather.

Any city with a combination of good looks and low bitch shields. Not sure if such a setup exists.

I don't know what kind of business you could start where the city wouldn't be of extreme importance. You have to be where your industry is, or in a fertile market. I don't understand how that's not your starting point for location.

@Vacancier Permanent - sent you PM regarding Montreal - get it?

Quote: (03-12-2010 11:25 AM)armanid27 Wrote:  

@Vacancier Permanent - sent you PM regarding Montreal - get it?

PM answered.

Montreal does indeed have a lot of cute girls.

Well dressed to.

Quote: (03-12-2010 02:29 AM)Amish Wrote:  

I'm new on this board, but I think the contributors here would have good input. I'm going to be quitting my career soon in order to go the entrepreneur route. As a result, I will be moving to a new US city of my choosing. I'll be considering a variety of factors (taxes, cost of living, etc.) which I can research independently. However, I would like some input as to which cities have the best environment for gaming girls.

A bit about me. I'm in my early 30's. My game needs some serious improvement, so I'm not looking for a challenge. If you could choose where you'd like to live, where would it be?

Yeah man, I'm in the same boat man, I'm planning on moving to a new U.S. city sometime in the next couple years after a year off traveling the world. I am also considering my options along the same lines (cost of living, weather, women, etc.), unfortunately there does not seem to be a "perfect" location with all of these factors. I really don't want to leave Cali. and have connects down in the Bay Area, but the average cost of rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in San Francisco is like $2500 a month, the average cost to buy would be like $500,000, and I currently have a $2000 a month mortgage on a $315,000 house. So basically the cost of living there is too expensive, same goes for the nicer parts of S. Cali., the weather is great, the women are hot, but if you're broke than what's the point? My older bro lives in Chicago and that city is stacked with fine women, but I can't deal with that cold weather. At this point, I'm really interested in Austin, Texas, there is a post currently up about it, and someone mentioned they weren't impressed with the women there, but everyone that I know who's been/lived there, has told me the opposite, I guess I got to check it for myself. Let me know if you got any other ideas, New Orleans sounds dope, but the hurricane really screwed things down there, also there is this town called Lafayette in Louisiana that is full of fine Southern women who like to party, but I don't know how I feel about the deep south.

I understand that Amish should look at his biz and income first to pick a city. However, if it's the type of consultancy biz that he only needs a laptop and a mobile phone and a PayPal account, then look at the game first.

Not sure if I'm highjacking your thread mate, but I thought I'd continue it with "Which UK city is best for gaming?"

Manchester, without a shadow of a doubt! Not to small, not to big. I live in London and will shortly be moving away from the necessarily hardened London women (both indigenous and immigrant) and heading north 200 miles.

Anyway, the conclusion is that it depends on how you make a living.

I know you are asking about US cities, but if at all possible live abroad. you wont be sorry.

Quote: (03-13-2010 02:10 PM)Sir Bangalot Wrote:  

I understand that Amish should look at his biz and income first to pick a city. However, if it's the type of consultancy biz that he only needs a laptop and a mobile phone and a PayPal account, then look at the game first.

Not sure if I'm highjacking your thread mate, but I thought I'd continue it with "Which UK city is best for gaming?"

Manchester, without a shadow of a doubt! Not to small, not to big. I live in London and will shortly be moving away from the necessarily hardened London women (both indigenous and immigrant) and heading north 200 miles.

Anyway, the conclusion is that it depends on how you make a living.

You've got the right idea of where I'm coming from on the business side - my location will be irrelevant once I'm successful. However, I don't want people to spend their time on the business part of the question as that's not where I'm looking for input. I probably shouldn't have mentioned it in my original post.

No worries on the thread hijack. Maybe if the theme snowballs we'll end up with country-specific voting on cities here on the forum.

Several posters have recommended non-US cities, with good reason. I've done a good deal of travel and understand this reasoning, but I'm not considering it because I want to simplify. Going abroad adds unnecessary complexity at the moment - I just want a decent US city to be based out of where I can work on my game in my spare time.

Quote: (03-12-2010 05:45 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Yeah man, I'm in the same boat man, I'm planning on moving to a new U.S. city sometime in the next couple years after a year off traveling the world. I am also considering my options along the same lines (cost of living, weather, women, etc.), unfortunately there does not seem to be a "perfect" location with all of these factors. I really don't want to leave Cali. and have connects down in the Bay Area, but the average cost of rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in San Francisco is like $2500 a month, the average cost to buy would be like $500,000, and I currently have a $2000 a month mortgage on a $315,000 house. So basically the cost of living there is too expensive, same goes for the nicer parts of S. Cali., the weather is great, the women are hot, but if you're broke than what's the point? My older bro lives in Chicago and that city is stacked with fine women, but I can't deal with that cold weather. At this point, I'm really interested in Austin, Texas, there is a post currently up about it, and someone mentioned they weren't impressed with the women there, but everyone that I know who's been/lived there, has told me the opposite, I guess I got to check it for myself. Let me know if you got any other ideas, New Orleans sounds dope, but the hurricane really screwed things down there, also there is this town called Lafayette in Louisiana that is full of fine Southern women who like to party, but I don't know how I feel about the deep south.

I've heard similar opinions on Chicago. Has anybody else spent time there?

As far as Austin goes, I spent a couple of weekends there when I was working nearby about six years ago. I thought the city had a cool vibe, and I do like blond girls. Austin's high on my list.

Quote: (03-13-2010 02:10 PM)Sir Bangalot Wrote:  

Could you expand upon this? I'm probably going to move back to London after I graduate but have considered some other cities in the UK. I've been to Liverpool but didn't really like it that much. How easy would it be to get a job in Manchester? Also, what is your opinion of Newcastle?

[/quote]

I've heard similar opinions on Chicago. Has anybody else spent time there?

As far as Austin goes, I spent a couple of weekends there when I was working nearby about six years ago. I thought the city had a cool vibe, and I do like blond girls. Austin's high on my list.
[/quote]

Hey Amish, I'll let you know more specifically about my observations in Chicago... I spent about 4 days there when I was 21, but unfortunately I was with my parents and little sister for my older brothers' wedding, so I wasn't able to check out any bars or nightlife. As you probably know, Chicago is the "windy city", and the weather is pretty cold and unhospitable from the end of Nov.-March, with the possibility of lots of snow (which is why it will never be on my list). During the summer time the weather is great there ( I was there in July), there are hot women out every where, and from what I remember they dress really sexy and stylish even when out and about during the daytime. I was also impressed by the sheer percentage of fine women, it's not like some places where the majority of women are ugly but every forth or fifth woman is a knockout. They have one of the major great lakes (can't remember which one), but there is a great beach/lake vibe during the summer with lot's of hot women hanging out, tanning, swimming, jogging, etc. There is also this stretch of the city called the "magnificent mile" where it's a more ritzy area of high end shopping, I pretty much thought it was an "ass parade", with tons of hot women from all over (locals and tourists). Once again I can't comment on the nightlife scene, but for a city of that size, I'm sure it's quite decent. Good luck with your search bro, if you got any more data sheets on Austin let me know.... Is Austin all about blonde honeys or can you find your fair share of brunette girls? I myself prefer brunettes, but at this point won't discriminate, if they are cute, I'll hit it.

Which US city is best for gaming?...

Las Vegas offers a non-stop 7-days-a-week gaming opportunities. And plenty of opportunities with foreign girls too. Also cost of living is relatively low.

Eric, we have to be polite as this is Amish's thread.
So I've sent you a pm

"I've heard similar opinions on Chicago. Has anybody else spent time there?"

Chicago is dope. Great restaurants, nice people, pretty girls, cheaper than LA, SF, NYC, SD etc.

Winters are brutally cold though. But I am sure you knew that.

Quote: (03-14-2010 01:48 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

... if you got any more data sheets on Austin let me know.... Is Austin all about blonde honeys or can you find your fair share of brunette girls? I myself prefer brunettes, but at this point won't discriminate, if they are cute, I'll hit it.

I was there a long time ago partying with coworkers on 6th Street, so my memory isn't too great. At the time I was living in Baltimore, and I just remember thinking that I'd never seen so many hot blond chicks in my life.

There have been some questions on Chicago. I live here in the Windy City, and can say that this city would not be an option for Amish based on the cold winter weather. However, it may be a good option for others, if at least for a visit, so here's the low down:

Chicago indeed has a high number of very attractive women - they come here from all over the country (and the world to some extent, though not as much as places like NYC or LA), so there's not any one specific Chicago girl look. It's very diverse. Blacks and Whites are about an equal number in the city (~35% each), Hispanics around 25%, and about 5% "Other". However, the city is also very segregated, so the distribution may not appear this diverse depending on where you are in the city. Most of the places a tourist would go, for example, are predominately white. So if you like good ole Midwestern girls with beer guts and loose panty elastic, there are plenty of those to be found. However, if you're like me (and most other guys on this forum by the sound of things) and have a strong affinity toward the Latinas, you're in luck. There are tons of them here, although the vast majority of them are Mexican which some guys like and others not so much. Personally as long as they're brown and hot I don't give a fuck, but maybe that's just me. There are also sizable pockets of Puerto Ricans, Guatemalans, and Ecuadorians. I've met a handful of Colombians and Peruvians, and maybe 1 or 2 Brazilians. So that's the broad run-down.

As for how easy it is to meet and bed these broads, that all depends on when and where you go. Here's a tip: don't come here in the winter. Yes people still go out and party, but the vibe just isn't the same. I've lived here for years yet I'm always amazed every single year when April/May hits and people are suddenly everywhere like ants. It's not a gradual transition - one day everything's cold and quiet, the next day it's Spring and everyone and their fucking mom is out shopping, eating and drinking on a patio, walking their dog, etc. The prime months to be here are June - September, although October is usually also very mild and fun. I often think that if Chicago could just repeat May - October constantly, and skip November - April, it would be the perfect city.

So where are you going to meet these lovely ladies? Stop one would be the beach. Yes yes, I know, they're not nearly as nice as California or Florida beaches, but they're not supposed to be. This is Chicago for christ's sake - a working, industrial city in the middle of the bland Midwest. But given that fact, the beaches are fucking great. And they happen to be just like Spring Break on any summer weekend. Jammed with people drinking, music blaring on the boombox, tossing the ball around, chasing tail, etc. This is a great day-game spot, but even besides that the entire Chicago lakefront is beautiful in the summer.

As for nightlife, forget about Wrigleyville if that's what you've heard about. Unless you want sloppy, pasty white Irish girls with fat legs wearing flip flops, don't go there. Lincoln Park is a college area where all the DePaul students hang out. It's pretty much all bars with a couple of small, not-that-great clubs. But if 19-year-old collegiate tail is your thing, go here. Wicker Park is the place for the more eccentric crowd - hipsters and the like - but is actually pretty mixed these days and has a good selection of both laid-back bars, chill lounges, and upbeat clubs. Then there's downtown which is where all the big clubs are, plus many different types of bars as well. People don't often say "downtown" here, but for simplicity's sake I'm using this term to encompass the areas known as The Loop, River North, and West Loop. These downtown areas are really the heart of the city's nightlife, where places draw a good crowd and are open late (on Saturdays at least). There are a couple clubs frequented almost exclusively by Latinas, and other regular clubs that have Latin nights. I've found these venues to be full of talent and a lot of fun. Spanish skills not needed, but some basic salsa/bachata skills can help a lot. They seem to really like white guys, but know in advance that you'll be one of the only white people there (for the record, I'm white but have a darker complexion and often get mistaken for Hispanic).

So here's the kicker: while there's a ton of female talent in Chicago, I don't think it's the best place to get a one-night stand. It is possible? Absolutely. Does it happen? Absolutely. But it's not as easy as other places I've visited. For example, in Montreal I met 2 girls (on separate nights) who had absolutely no problem leaving their friend alone at the club to come home with me. One of them handed off the keys and basically said "See ya tomorrow" to her friend. In Chicago, girls tend to go out in larger groups and really love sticking together. It's not too difficult to isolate one for an hour or two, but when the night comes to a close and it's time to leave, more often than not she'll make out with you some more, give you her number, and rejoin her friends. Many times this is because they've driven in together from the suburbs to party for the night. So not quite on par with Vegas for ease of the one-night stand, but getting numbers is a breeze. And once you've got that number, usually it only takes a couple of hang-outs to get them in the sack (if you play your cards right, of course). Chicago girls are very liberal for the most part.

I feel as though I'm leaving a lot out, and perhaps not doing the city justice, but it's late and this message is probably already too long as it is. Hopefully this has answered some questions. If others remain, ask away.

-Li'l Seezie

Great run down of Chicago, a city I have wanted to visit in a long time. Very high on my list.
What you wrote in this paragraphe can also be applied word for word for Toronto:

Quote:Quote:

Here's a tip: don't come here in the winter. Yes people still go out and party, but the vibe just isn't the same. I've lived here for years yet I'm always amazed every single year when April/May hits and people are suddenly everywhere like ants. It's not a gradual transition - one day everything's cold and quiet, the next day it's Spring and everyone and their fucking mom is out shopping, eating and drinking on a patio, walking their dog, etc. The prime months to be here are June - September, although October is usually also very mild and fun. I often think that if Chicago could just repeat May - October constantly, and skip November - April, it would be the perfect city.

I would recommend Atlanta for gaming in the U.S. Perhaps, the most underrated city in the U.S.

Quote: (04-07-2010 10:48 AM)Luckystar Wrote:  

I would recommend Atlanta for gaming in the U.S. Perhaps, the most underrated city in the U.S.

Break it down.

Quote: (04-07-2010 10:48 AM)Luckystar Wrote:  

I used to live there. I never got that impression, but maybe it's changed in the last 10 years.

I have also heard that Atlanta has a pretty good scene. Never been there, anyone here from there or that knows the place can provide a break down of it?