rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hairy back, wax it off?

Hairy back, wax it off?

So I've been some what cursed with hairy genetics, it's cool, I don't mind the hairy arms, chest, etc., but now that I'm getting into my late 20's I've been sprouting a bunch of back hair.

It's been about a year now, and for the most part I've tried to pluck a bunch of the longer, darker hairs with a pair of tweezers, but now it's getting to a point where it's too much of a hassle and chore, and not worth the effort.

I am guessing the vast majority of women are turned off by a hairy back, fortunately my situation isn't that bad, I've seen some Italian and Turkish guys who straight up had a thick lair of fur on their backs. But, it is getting more noticeable, and I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to get it professionally waxed off.

For some reason the idea of going to some kind of salon to get my back waxed just seems kind of metrosexual or gay. I mean I'm not a homophobe and generally don't sweat stuff that some guys feel weird about, like talking about my emotions, using facial moisturizer, etc.... But, I get this gut feeling that I shouldn't get it waxed off.

I'm some what conflicted, hence why I am asking the guys here for their take. Do you think women are really that turned off by a hairy back, would a lot of them not really care? Has anyone gotten their backs waxed, and is this just part of the process of being a well groomed, attractive man?

Hairy back, wax it off?

I too have somewhat of a hairy back, but it's patchy. It's not hairy all over. I either get a friend to help me hit the spots I can't reach with a razor, or I use the two tools below. It takes time, and technique, but if you take your time and go slow a cut/nick free hairless back is sure to follow. If you're super, super hairy though, these might not be worthwhile for you, however. Then you may want to explore the waxing thing. I hit my shoulders and chest with the Bodygroom (top) and then hit the entire back with the Mangroomer (bottom).

[Image: bodygroom.jpg]

[Image: 313vMmXvroL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Hairy back, wax it off?

I'm pretty hairless everywhere except my head. There it grows like weeds [Image: lol.gif]

I'd say wax it off. Make it part of your routine. Every two months go for a haircut and a waxing.

My friend is a hairy beast. Looks like he's wearing a thick black sweater with his shirt off. I offered to pay for a full body wax if I could watch and maybe videotape it. Ha.

Team Nachos

Hairy back, wax it off?

I have never found women to be turned off by bodyhair. You might want to wear a beard though.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Body hair is manly. The girls I have been with constantly stroke it and tell me they love it. And of course they didn't know I was hairy until it wa party time.

Waxing your back is gay and not what a I don't give a fuck manly man does.

Hairy back, wax it off?

if you decide you want it gone, do a laser hair removal. it takes a number of sessions, but the only method to get rid of it permanently.

i plan to do this in a few weeks. You can't have any tan on your body remaining from the summer.

Hairy back, wax it off?

^^ bigxxx is on the money

Chest hair is manly, lower back hair (especially if thick) IMO isn't a good look. I had mine lasered 5 times and haven't had anything done for 5 years. Works a charm. Really thins it out and only cost me 200bucks all up.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Either go for broke or own it. I am a hairy ape and I used to be self conscious about it until I realized...it has zero to marginally positive effects, just say goodbye to beach game though.

Women, as shown many times on this forum are crazy, if they convinced themselves to bang you and then find out you have a hairy back they will rationalize it to make all the pieces fit. Here are 3 positive examples from my life as a hairy beast.

1. You know who made the most comments about me being hairy? Dudes. They seem to be the only ones who give a shit, and then mostly dudes with no hair.

2. Grow a beard, its like an "I'm hairy" flag. Your vibe with it will automatically filter out girls who don't like hairy dudes and attract in those who do. Now when I mean attract, I mean like a magnet. I was seeing a girl in my younger days who was almost weird fetish about my body hair. Like she would touch it and purr like a cat and complain that there weren't enough 'real men' with hair around. She was at the extreme end of the spectrum but beards+hairy slay girls who have some sort of outdoorsy, lumberjack fantasy going on in their heads.

3. Trust in the hamster. If you can game a girl with your shirt on she will rationalize whatever you look like shirt off, especially if you destroy her in bed. Example, my current girl was explicit during our initial conversation that she did not like hairy guys. I like to bug her about it often and she likes to say things like 'well not like you, like bald and hairy, or like hairy old man'.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Hairy back, wax it off?

Quote: (11-03-2012 09:58 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

Grow a beard, its like an "I'm hairy" flag. Your vibe with it will automatically filter out girls who don't like hairy dudes and attract in those who do.

I completely get what you're saying here, but if he follows this advice isn't he kind of excluding himself to a potentially large portion of the female population? Sure, there are girls out there that prefer guys with excessive hair. But I would think there are FAR more girls out there that are impartial to or prefer a non-hairy male altogether. Nothing wrong with being confident and embracing your hairiness as Wiscanada is saying, however. As we all know game, to a large extent, is a numbers thing. The object is to get your numbers as high as possible, thus improving your chances of getting the bang. Just my two cents.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Laser hair removal and bodygroomer by Noreclo are your friends.

Hairy back, wax it off?

If you're sitting around considering it but don't want to do it because it's 'gay,' sack up and do it. Straight guys groom too.

Back hair is the torso equivalent of a unibrow. Women may like body hair but it's better in some places than others.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Either go for broke or own it. I am a hairy ape and I used to be self conscious about it until I realized...it has zero to marginally positive effects, just say goodbye to beach game though.

Yeah I could care less about it during the fall and winter time where I live, and I agree that it doesn't really matter if you already get the bang, it's highly unlikely a woman would disqualify you based on that, after sex has occurred.

However, I am thinking about doing a Mexico trip this winter, most likely down to Cabo San Lucas and I'd like to be out gaming women on the beach, on booze cruise, or snorkel trip, etc. type situations. I'm in pretty good shape and am in the process of lowering my body fat percentage, to cut up and hopefully get a bit of a 6-pack.

Any how, I think I'll probably say fuck it and roll with it as is, but I could see myself waxing or getting the laser hair removal if it continues to grow in and get thicker in a few years.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Quote: (11-03-2012 10:13 PM)CMan0928 Wrote:  

Grow a beard, its like an "I'm hairy" flag. Your vibe with it will automatically filter out girls who don't like hairy dudes and attract in those who do.

I completely get what you're saying here, but if he follows this advice isn't he kind of excluding himself to a potentially large portion of the female population? Sure, there are girls out there that prefer guys with excessive hair. But I would think there are FAR more girls out there that are impartial to or prefer a non-hairy male altogether. Nothing wrong with being confident and embracing your hairiness as Wiscanada is saying, however. As we all know game, to a large extent, is a numbers thing. The object is to get your numbers as high as possible, thus improving your chances of getting the bang. Just my two cents.

Key phrase "nothing wrong with being confident" being self conscious will undermine self confidence and lose way more bangs than any appearance.

As for hair preference...I used to think that I was self selecting for a smaller pool of girls, but thats never seemed to materialize in practice. I'd be interested if there was any other input on bangs lost due to body hair?

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Hairy back, wax it off?

I was banging a chick with a boyfriend and she would use these patches to peel the hair off my back. I didn't mind; I guess she preferred no hair.

I didn't really have it until maybe 45. I don't look at my back in the mirror much so I didn't even know until she told me. If it's a marker for older age, then it's bad.

Hairy back, wax it off?

I'm not crazy hairy, but I have patches on my lower back that I get waxed off. I do it for my own well-being/confidence, as it does make me self-conscious when shirtless, and I like the way it looks. I used to shave my arm hair but I stopped caring about that.

It's not a big deal. I make an appointment, get it waxed off and go on with my life, there's really no feelings of 'emasculation'...I'm just ripping out some unwanted hair. I'd say you have severe self-image issues if you start waxing your whole body, but removing hair from your back (a place where hair is generally taboo in our society) is nothing to be ashamed about. It hurts so pop a few aspirin before you go to deaden the pain.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Dude if it bothers you that much just get it off. Try using some conventional grooming techniques at first and get used to not having hair on your. If it grows back rapidly and you want it off for longer periods then shell out a few bucks for the laser treatment for longer lasting results.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Real men are supposed to be hairy. Own that shit, body shaving is for girls.

Hairy back, wax it off?

No issues with back hair but I used to shave my chest and arms to show how jacked and ripped I was.

Grew it out.

Most girls *strongly* prefer body hair.

Again I can't speak from personal experience as to back hair. I only get a few patches and trim that shit with my Norelco body groomer.

And I had plenty of success with shaved arms, too.

It's probably a different niche. Most groomed "California blonde" types go for the shaved look and tattoos. Those girls really aren't my type, since they leave make-up all over your face and pillows.

So ask yourself what your niche is.

Then ask yourself whether body hair has cost you any girls in that niche.

Hairy back, wax it off?

I pluck my nose and ear hairs. I even bought the best tweezers for the job. They are like $20.

Straight or gay?

Unless you're getting a cock in your ass or sucking dick or something, it's not gay.

Benjamin Franklin sired over 400 illegitimate children and was a true player into his 70s.

He wore wigs and white tights.

What a fag!

Hairy back, wax it off?

Quote: (11-06-2012 08:33 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

I pluck my nose and ear hairs. I even bought the best tweezers for the job. They are like $20.

Straight or gay?

Unless you're getting a cock in your ass or sucking dick or something, it's not gay.

Benjamin Franklin sired over 400 illegitimate children and was a true player into his 70s.

He wore wigs and white tights.

What a fag!

Not gay. I trim my finger and toenails at least once weekly as well as trim my eyebrows with a small scissor. I really don't have too much of an issue with nose hair. But if one arises, I'll just use the same scissors I use for me eyebrows. A girl I work with actually complimented me on my eyebrows the other day, and in turn, put down my fellow coworker standing next to me for having "caterpillar" eyebrows. Girls notice this shit, trust me.

Hairy back, wax it off?

i trim my nosehairs and ear hairs and thats pretty much it, not arsed about the rest. I worry more about scratches left on my back

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Hairy back, wax it off?

look in a way you feel comfortable. i don't feel sexy when i don't shave neck and some weird hair on shoulders or trim here and there. i think as long as you keep it under control it's fine. basic aesthetic hygiene gets you far IMO

Hairy back, wax it off?

When i'm in a relationship with a girl i couldn't care less. But when i'm single i just whip out a Gillette and go to town i must have long arms as i never miss a spot.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Trimming to keep things under control is totally different than shaving smooth. I personally find the latter to be kinda feminine. The former is just good personal hygiene.

By the way when I say body shaving is for girls it's not an attempt to question anyone's manlihood.
Just my opinion; I don't actually care what other guys do with themselves or even judge them for it...do what you gotta do.

Hairy back, wax it off?

Yes please.
Do it with laser, and trim a bit your manly business.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!