rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Internet article copyrights?

So I was reading articles on askmen.com and thought what if I translate this and make my own website for people in my country.

I am sure it would take a while for me to have enough visitors to make some $ on banner advertising. till then, it would be no compensation work for readers.

Can this be considered fraudulent?

Quote: (10-29-2012 03:27 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

So I was reading articles on askmen.com and thought what if I translate this and make my own website for people in my country.

I am sure it would take a while for me to have enough visitors to make some $ on banner advertising. till then, it would be no compensation work for readers.

Can this be considered fraudulent?

Yes, it's fraud, because the person who wrote the article also owns the copyrights to any translation of the article. Technically you are supposed to contact the authors of the article and buy the translation rights.

Although if the language you are translating into is obscure enough, you might get away with it.