rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Berlin

Berlin

Ended up posting this on another forum, so I figured I'd drop it in here:

===================

NOTE: All of the following information is from October of 2009. Nightlife is very cyclical and hotspots change year to year, so this may not be 100% accurate when you (or whoever reads this) gets there.

Berlin's nightlife is some of the best I've ever seen, if not the best. And at this point, I've partied in most of the major cities in the western hemisphere. Only complaint was quality of girls. But as far as quantity and duration of nightlife, nothing comes close except for maybe Las Vegas on a busy week.

In general, East Berlin is where all the serious partying happens. It's much cheaper to live there as well. Try to get a place near Alexanderplatz. It's a nice, central location on the east side of the city.

I was only there for a couple weeks, but as I remember: a place called "Sage" was sick on Thursdays. Matrix is promoted to tourists, visitors and the teenage crowd hard. Avoid it except for on Monday nights, as it's really the only decent Monday night spot I found.

Avoid Hackescher Markt. It's a bunch of lame pubs, hookers and an all-around tourist trap.

There's a place called Bergheim out in the middle of nowhere in East Berlin. It's an old abandoned communist warehouse turned into a four-story club. To this day, I've never found a night club that even approaches it in terms of how hardcore it is. It makes Las Vegas look like a ritzy pre-party. Bathroom pulls are not only common there, but practically encouraged. I got there at 4AM on a Friday night, and still had to wait in line for 90 minutes to get in. It was worth it. My buddy ripped his shirt fucking a girl in a nook on the second floor. I nearly stole a Colombian professional model away from her fiance. And some drunk German girl was just about to let my buddy and I double-team her (she was walking out with us after making out with both) when her friend swooped in and took her away.

I didn't leave until 9:30AM and as I was leaving there was STILL a line to get in... yes, a line to get in at 9:30AM... From what I understand, the place opens on Friday night and doesn't even close until Sunday morning. It stays packed all day Saturday.

The bouncer also has the sickest face tattoo I've ever seen and looks like he's probably murdered a few people in his day.

Bergheim doesn't fuck around.

You're going to have fun.