rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Changing your angle

Changing your angle

I'm back in my home state of Wisconsin for good after being away for 3 years. I was going to school in the south and ended it with the best hot streak I've ever had. Being the foreigner is too easy. Eventually I got sick of the chase and settled down with a girl for a few months before moving home.

I'm now going to school in a small town of about 60,000. It's the definition of a college town since there's three schools here. There is a great bar scene and a bunch of my buddies from high school live here.

I've hit a dry spell this semester since I pretty much blend in with everyone else. It was easy to stand out wearing v-necks and polos while guys in the south wear cowboy boots.

Social circle is key here. I have yet to observe someone in a bar cold approach. Not making excuses but the bars basically consist of finding people you know and hanging out in a small group. You can't cold approach 10 girls a night since so many people in any given bar know each other. I know of a few guys who are basically blacklisted as a creep because of this. I've been working on building up friends from different backgrounds to take advantage of this, but it can take a semester or two to become a popular face on campus. I'm trying to join clubs and all that but I don't have the patience to focus on the long run right now.

I'm looking for some insight from guys who have been in a similar experience. How do you change your angle or adjust your game to fit a different region? I really don't have much experience with girls in my home state since I left after graduation before I really knew how to talk to girls. And I used to live in a big town where I could approach and get rejected until I got laid. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Changing your angle

I've had more success being indirect and coming in under the radar. The old "It just happened" tactic versus obviously approaching. As crowded as the bars are there it's not difficult to do as you'll being bumping into strange all night long. Put yourself into positions that make you likely to bump into the broads and go from there.

The guys that get the creeper label are hitting on everything in sight and being obvious about it.

Changing your angle

I would just transfer to Madison, problem solved.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Changing your angle

I'm from Madison, my brother goes to UW and I party there a lot. I'm actually going to down to State St. for freak fest this weekend.

Changing your angle

I'm going to cut back on online game this winter, but maybe you should try some to get around the social circle stuff. PM me if you want to meet up sometime.

Changing your angle

Quote: (10-26-2012 11:59 AM)wi30 Wrote:  

I'm from Madison, my brother goes to UW and I party there a lot. I'm actually going to down to State St. for freak fest this weekend.

I was going to go tomorrow but my work thought I was asking off for September instead of October.

Changing your angle

Yeah going in under the radar is your best bet. When in an uncertain situation just be chill and friendly. Probably the best thing you can do is buy the coolest dude there a drink. Then he'll likely introduce you to his posse and social circle.

Changing your angle

Change the game.
Throw a party/throw parties
Be in the center.

Allows you to change characters, and now that you're in the center of the social network, you're supposed to talk to everyone.

WIA

Changing your angle

Quote: (10-26-2012 11:59 AM)wi30 Wrote:  

One of my girls is headed there for the weekend. The little blonde with tig ole bitties is off limits [Image: angry.gif]

Actually, I sent her off cause I got my milf comin' in from Minneapolis [Image: banana.gif]