rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What just happened to Uman?

So I've been reading University of Man on and off, and I especially liked the Study a Broad Program, and then today I go to the website and find a goodbye note. The entire website has been taken down, Professor Mentu is completely gone from twitter, and nothing has been archived that I can see.

My question is, anyone know what happened? I'm aware that he is the owner of the blog, and it is not his responsibility to keep old articles up for us to read, and I am also aware that bandwidth costs money. But there were some incredibly useful articles and links on that website, so does anyone know if they are going to put the website back up or archive anything?

Damn I just started reading that shit.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Here is their goodbye note:

Thanks for Reading

When we first started writing The University of Man nearly a year ago, Ashur and I decided we would write until we reached one million views. A little over 250 posts and 4,000 comments later, we changed our minds and decided 897,681 hits would suffice.

We appreciate every page view and comment, and the friends we met online and in person along the way will not be forgotten. But Ashur and I have made our statements, so now it’s time for us to move on and maintain a dignified silence.

We hope we made you happy for a while.

Adios.

Strange. Maybe one of them got outed or they were getting increasingly paranoid about being outed?

He probably said all he needed to say and then felt like moving on.

Lots of writers are like that.

You can still view the website cache.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=...68&bih=895

There is a story behind this more than "we've said all we wanted to say" but if they don't want to tell us, that's their right.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Why would they pull it down though? Just stop updating for christ's sake.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (10-24-2012 04:52 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

You can still view the website cache.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=...68&bih=895

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, even when I go there and click on "Study a Broad Program", it still gives you this error.

"
Page Not Found

The page /study-a-broad-program/ could not be located on this website.

We recommend using the navigation bar to get back on track within our site. If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact a site operator. Thank you!
"

What a bummer. Not only did I enjoy that website, but I enjoyed Professor Mentu's twitter feed as well. I guess I should have saved the site and links to my computer while I had the chance. Guess I'll start saving all of my favorite articles from Roosh, just in case he ever takes his site down without notice.

Quote: (10-24-2012 04:55 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

There is a story behind this more than "we've said all we wanted to say" but if they don't want to tell us, that's their right.

I agree. Wish I knew what happened. As someone who travels to Austin frequently, I could always relate to those guys.

Manosphere bloggers come and go. I'll be shifting to "Red Pill Dating" at some point.

Quote: (10-24-2012 05:06 PM)Private Man Wrote:  

Manosphere bloggers come and go. I'll be shifting to "Red Pill Dating" at some point.

True. It is tough to stay mad enough to belt out new posts all the time. I would guess it gets mentally exhusting.

He'll be back. Its hard to just pack it in when you become a D-list celebrity. He probably wants to see how much attention he'll get. Lets see if he is Barry Sanders/Jim Brown or Brett Farve/Evander Holyfield.

Quote: (10-24-2012 05:09 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (10-24-2012 05:06 PM)Private Man Wrote:  

True. It is tough to stay mad enough to belt out new posts all the time. I would guess it gets mentally exhausting.

It can be challenging. A lot of guys start out with really high expectations and discover the writing process is not an easy thing and the blog quietly fades away.

I've been a professional writer for most of my life and sometimes I just have nothing for my blog. It'll be two years old come February and the build up in page views has been gradual indeed. But the emails I get are really cool and sometimes really odd.

At some point it must be extremely time consuming and taking to have to pump out high quality content three times a week. I would rather quit than publish sub par content.

Goddammit - I wasn't able to read the last two posts!

Thought this was a typo on Uma Thurman? Thought she hit the wall too

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Writing 2-3 posts a week is incredibly time consuming (to do well), I don't blame them.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Hmm, seems pretty out of the blue.

I'm guessing either:

1. He decided he'd stop posting at a pre-determined date.
2. He was worried about his identity getting out.
3. He's trolling and coming back shortly.

#2 seems more plausible given that there's no reason he should shut down the site, rather than just stop posting, if #1 was the reason.

Why are people so afraid of being outted? I followed his blog, they said nothing illegal. Im just asking because I'm thinking about starting a blog, and I dont see why I should keep pictures and what not off the page.

Is it because people think it will hurt pick up attempts if people find out? Roosh is super famous and from his stories it seems like he gets called out in public, but it never cock blocks him. Maybe I'm not thinking into this enough. Enlighten me.

Private Man, I remember on your blog you gave some personal details. Has it come to bite you in the ass?

I don't get it. Why delete stuff? If you really want to help people, you want to leave it there, sitting atop the Google results for the generations to come. I understand they'd want to be safe if they had concerns about their privacy, but from their wording it doesn't seem anything like it.

Anyways, quite a disappointment, but thank them for all the good work so far.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The University of Man went down in one of those for-profit college scandals. Their recruiters were lying to players about how much pussy they would automatically be guaranteed with their degrees. "I'm not supposed to discuss notches, but you could easily be fucking two or three girls per day." Then, it turned out, they weren't even accredited. When it came out, they skipped town with everyone's tuition, and the "campus" building is now an abortion clinic.

Watch the report.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

My guess:

A) they're burnt out and don't want to leave a lasting record should any amateur detectives try to player hate and out their identity at some point down the line

B) They had a falling out

C) [Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (10-24-2012 11:00 PM)Adam Michaels Wrote:  

Why are people so afraid of being outted? I followed his blog, they said nothing illegal. Im just asking because I'm thinking about starting a blog, and I dont see why I should keep pictures and what not off the page.

Is it because people think it will hurt pick up attempts if people find out? Roosh is super famous and from his stories it seems like he gets called out in public, but it never cock blocks him. Maybe I'm not thinking into this enough. Enlighten me.

Private Man, I remember on your blog you gave some personal details. Has it come to bite you in the ass?

Roosh is also never in his life going to be able to get another job.

Its just how it goes. The opinions and vulgarity expressed on UMan, while not illegal, may be offensive to employers/people he worked with. If he gets outed, he could get fired or his work life could be hell.

The guys that do this shit have lives outside of the manosphere, lives worth protecting.

I have a copy of the "study a broad" page if you want the links or the text.

Quote: (10-25-2012 08:58 AM)Alpha Wrote:  

Quote: (10-24-2012 11:00 PM)Adam Michaels Wrote:  

Roosh is also never in his life going to be able to get another job.

Its just how it goes. The opinions and vulgarity expressed on UMan, while not illegal, may be offensive to employers/people he worked with. If he gets outed, he could get fired or his work life could be hell.

The guys that do this shit have lives outside of the manosphere, lives worth protecting.

Quoted for the truth.

It is a shame that so much of what is said on manosphere blogs is considered controversial, but the overwhelming majority of this country is "blue pill".