rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Music Festivals Overseas

Not sure how big of a following there is on this forum, but I'm a huge EDM (electronic dance music) fan. This has a huge role in the venues and places I go when travelling. I would rather jack-off at home than pretend to enjoy listening to Katy Perry at a backpackers hostel.

Love travelling to countries to hear the best DJ's at the best venues. Naturally good music puts me in a state where I can connect with everyone, despite language barriers.

This year I was lucky enough to attend Snowbombing. A 6-day festival on-top of the Austrian Alps. It was one of the highlights of my trip. Only 4 hours a day where there is no music. Carvin it up on the slopes in the day-time and getting amongst it all night, raving in igloos. Also plenty of loose English birds.

[Image: mark_ronson_volvo_snowbombing_201104_web...andard.jpg]

This was by-far the best festival I've attended. Anyone else have any contenders? This can extend beyond electronic dance music.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

I'm pretty big into EDM too and the best one I went too was Melt in Germany a few hours from Berlin. This was the most spectacular setting I have ever seen for a festival as it was an open air 19th century machinery museum set on a lake. You literally feel like your on the set of the terminator movie through the night, then you rave to the sun rising over the lake on a beach stage. Magic. There is even a sleepless 24hr stage which is err interesting at 3pm in the afternoon haha. Plenty of up for it German and Dutch girls as well.

[Image: melt_festival_.jpg]

[Image: 644589_290716364370793_1606801877_n.jpg]

TOMORROWLAND is EDM based and looks like the TITS. For girls EDM is the way to go. Yes there are the kind of weird rave girls (kandi-kids is the official expression) but since its becomming so "mainstream" now you're going to have your fair share of HBs there just to have a good time, drink, and hook up.

And that of course brings me to the next great thing about TOMORROWLAND. Because its a multiple day festival pretty much in a big ass meadow, they have CAMPING.

Since we're forum readers and now logistics is a key component to success in any circumstance, having a pimped out tent / camping situation and game could lead to some serious success here. I plan to go next summer to rage, then sarge on some European HBs.

After vid is pretty dope:

Other festivals of note would be Creamfields, Sensation (coming to america this year)

I'm going to Tomorrowland this year for sure. I've got a bunch of friends down for this one. This video is sick!

Quote: (01-18-2013 10:04 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I'm going to Tomorrowland this year for sure. I've got a bunch of friends down for this one. This video is sick!

This x100000000 looks fucking epic!

as good as this tomorrowland festival is, it would be nightmarish if held in australia. any aussies here will know why.

I'm also going to Tomorrowland, not sure if for the full 3 dqys though. Let's make a RVF meetup there. Who else is coming? Don't forget that the pre-registration is until the 7th of February and on the 16th you have to be ready to purchase the tickets on a conputer with fast internet connection, as they'll most likely sell in 10-20 minutes with the site crashing.

Quote: (10-18-2012 11:14 AM)DJ Qwerty Wrote:  

And that of course brings me to the next great thing about TOMORROWLAND. Because its a multiple day festival pretty much in a big ass meadow, they have CAMPING.

Since we're forum readers and now logistics is a key component to success in any circumstance, having a pimped out tent / camping situation and game could lead to some serious success here. I plan to go next summer to rage, then sarge on some European HBs.

Glad you see the light as well with the camping situation! I will be there as well for sure with the "pimped out tent" and I think this has the potential to be One for the Ages!

As it gets closer we'll for sure set up some sort of a meetup.

Anyone know anything about Kazantip in Ukraine? Supposedly the BIGGEST EMD festival in the world. Websites seem to be kind of shitty and don't "sell" it that well to me, but what it COULD be definitely does.

http://www.kazantip.thecrimea.org/2013.html

Quote: (10-18-2012 07:47 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

[Image: 644589_290716364370793_1606801877_n.jpg]

hahahaha classic

and yeah any big dance festival u will have a group of guys who have prepared for it by taking steroids walking around with their shirts off regardless of the weather...

they look like a bunch of douchebags

Fuck all that posing and balling. EXIT is the place to be.

Going to Big Day Out this weekend, which is a rock/alt festival.

[Image: Big-Day-Out-2013-Line-Up-e1342362911388.jpg]

Then in March probably going to Future Music Festival which is more electro. Will be interesting to see the difference girls wise. My guess is the girls at Future will be dumber and sluttier but BDO will have a much better ratio.

Avicii was added to this line up a few days ago.

[Image: future-music-festival-2013-flyer.jpg]

Might as well promote my favorite country :

Hungary, for strictly EDM : Balaton Sound
For all kinds of music : Sziget.

Re Tomorrowland in Belgium (july 2013):

Could some of you that have been there before comment on these questions:

- How commercialized and sterile is it? I read that they don't allow any outside food or drinks. Everyone is young and shows end at 1am. Seems pretty non-hardcore for Europe. [Image: confused.gif]
- Is it true that they don't allow you to bring your own booze, even in the camping area? (Coachella for example allows beers (no glass though) in the camping areas.)
- How easy is it to game chicks?
- Average age range of attendees?

Mucho gracias!

"Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks"

Does anyone have info or a calendar for festivals in South America?

I'm doin SNOWBOMBING again this year ;-)

Any pommy forum members goin?!

Quote: (02-06-2013 01:38 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

Can you break it down??
Ratios?
What countries mostly?
Age range??

I'm seriously thinking of going but noticed that it seems to be British run and there a million flights from the UK. Is it primarily fat British chicks??

Personally, I think Spain is one of the best countries when it comes to music festivals
You're almost guaranteed sunshine, and unless it's some weird off the wall music genre, you're gonna have a reasonable amount of women in attendance
and seeing as it's spain, you'll also have plenty of people there doing the tourist thing, so loads of other nationalities if spanish women don't float your boat
was at daydream festival in barcelona a few years back, one of the best festivals i've ever been to
this year, am seriously thinking of hitting this: http://www.sos48.com/
m83, the xx, bloc party, modeselektor, justice

What's up with Tomorrowland?

I'm about to google it; all I know is that it is in the summer, in Belgium, tickets go on sale soon, and they also sell out in minutes.

Anyone going?

Yep, If I get tickets I'll defnitely be going, last year they were sold out in 15 seconds.

Quote: (02-06-2013 12:47 PM)Qwest Wrote:  

Quote: (02-06-2013 01:38 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

Can you break it down??
Ratios?
What countries mostly?
Age range??

I'm seriously thinking of going but noticed that it seems to be British run and there a million flights from the UK. Is it primarily fat British chicks??

Sure man,

I wouldn't go purely for the women. You have to love snowboarding/skiing and electronic music.

It's true in that about 80% of the punters are British. I met a few Portuguese women last year, but I think they were based in London.[Image: undecided.gif]

Being honest, most of the 8's+ are with their boyfriends but more than enough 7's to go around. Usually age from 20-35.

The vibe is awesome though, everyone really chatty and non-pretentious - most of the British guys are too fucked off their face to game so not too much competition.

Holy Ship looks RIDICULOUS. Pre-sales on March 5th/6th. Think I'll be there with BELLS ON

Anyone been?!

I just returned from spending nearly the entire summer in Europe and had a chance to hit a few music festivals so I'll drop a little insight on the few for those interested.

Secret Garden Party (outside London, UK): http://www.secretgardenparty.com/#!/home/

This is in the sticks outside London and I only went because I was flying through London at the time and a couple friends of mine were going and said it would be fun, which is was, just not really for finding chicks.

Everyone camps here as its in the middle of nowhere and there is nowhere else to stay. Not my scene in general, but I can adapt and made the most of it for the few days. The scene here is lots of drugs (ecstasy, MDMA, weed, cocaine, ketamine, to name the main culprits) and music with a major hipster vibe to it. There were some chicks here to be found, but they were few and far between when looking for quality.

The move here is to have your own tent, stay up late, and hold lots of drugs as bait. Its the UK, so the weather is always an issue and dumped on us one evening only. Had fun, but wont be going back.

Terraneo Festival (Sibenik, Croatia)
http://www.secretgardenparty.com/#!/home/

This event sells day passes which are cheap so if you are in the area and you want to see an artist go for it. I was a couple hours away by bus and got word only a week before about it that Wu-Tang was performing there, enough said. As a bonus Aloe Blacc also on the same stage before them. Made my way up there and had a great time for a couple reasons:

1) Wu killed it
2) Banged a hot, tall and leggy, 18yo Croatian chick.

The scene here was mostly young music fans drinking cheaply and smoking weed. Not a hard drug scene at all. I easily got high there by quickly befriending some young local kids who had more weed than I could have wanted and in return I bought them a few beers which were only 1.50 euros.

Ticket was only 30 euros for the one day and the music goes all night until about 6AM.

After the Wu show I was dripping sweat from throwing kids around in the mosh pit and was feeling REAL good. Don't even remember exactly how I met this pretty young thing but next thing I know we are hitting it off and she is telling me how she has a boyfriend, but has cheated on him twice but "now she is good". I told her, "she's going to have to wait until tomorrow for that" and she laughed. I knew I had a good shot then. Funny thing was we only briefly made out in some far off corner and she didn't want to show any affection in public due to her having a bf. Understandable. She was calculated though. It was almost 6AM when I tried to get her back to my place and she had to be home wherever she was staying by 7AM to not create any ripples. Friends didn't cockblock her at all, and she simply asked me "Is an hour going to be enough?" No need to let you guys know what I said to that.

Went back to my place and had a great hour with this 18yo who was wise beyond her years in her head, but still somewhat of a novice in bed, understandably. It was great sex actually, I could just tell she hasn't done it much. I might have to stop by Zagreb when I have a chance and pay her a visit.

Beer Fest (Belgrade, Serbia)
http://www.belgradebeerfest.com/

While this is called "Beer Fest", its definitely a mix of music as well, with many people coming to see these mostly Serbian bands perform. I'm guessing there were 20,000 young people at this massive event which is completely free, except for the beer, which was cheap as hell at 1-2 euros. With that being said, of course tons of Belgrade chicks within that lot. This was a mix of social circles and also girls running around in small packs of 2-3 open to meeting guys.

I had a Canadian friend of mine with me for this one night, and then another American friend also another night. I did better when we were 3 people, as we created our own little environment which attracted both girls and guys to us at certain points. I pulled a lot of #'s from this including one stunner who with only a couple days left couldn't coordinate another meeting with unfortunately.

I did get one of the other girls out for a coffee date as she didn't drink. 19yo, very sweet, innocent and feminine. Went for a walk in the park and hooked up but she wouldn't come back to my place and I had to leave the next day.

Overall, this is a fun event which is cheap as hell and brings out the entire city seemingly. The best move I thought was to hang out in the different beer sponsored tents which were basically set up as lounges and was a slightly higher end scene. A couple pics from above..

[Image: attachment.jpg14238]   

[Image: attachment.jpg14237]   

I would go back to this event, but I kinda suspect that if it were the first week in September it would be better as the whole city would be back from the coast. The city felt really dead during the day, and I think this was why.

These weren't any of the mega festivals such as Tomorrowland or Sziget, but nevertheless hopefully someone gets some use out of it.

Haven't been to any of the big EDM festivals here, but go to low key weekend EDM parties out in the bush on a fairly regular basis. No police presence and it's great - except for the one time where an UC cop decided it would be a good idea to stop and watch me spin poi and have a chat as the acid was starting to kick in... Snowbombing looks fucking incredible, but fucking chicks in a tent seems less feasible than in a warmer climate..