rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Two nights in Columbia, SC - tips?

I'm going for a wedding so will be hanging with wedding crowd much of the time and hoping for hot bridesmaids. In the event there are none, I'll be targeting USC students.

Anyone know the town or live nearby that can point me in the right direction?

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

There are two areas in Columbia: The Vista and the Five Points Area. Bars are all bunched together so just get there and follow the crowd.

The Vista is downtown area with nicer bars, clubs, and places to eat. Also nicer hotels. Just a more upscale and expensive place. Great bars too with a huge selection. More young professional and older crowd although you get lots of college kids too.

Five Points is more college crowds from USC. Typical SEC school crowd. Frat boys and Sorority whores. Strange thing though - recently there have been some shootings and fights in the Five Points area which is being blamed on thugs and urban youth. More police presence in this area although there is nothing for you to really worry about. Five Points is cheap. Ridiculously cheap. Dive bars pretty much.

I vote you hit up Five Points and go nuts. If it's this weekend, a lot of college guys will be out of town to Florida as USC plays Florida this weekend so there might be a better girl to guy ratio at school.

Vista and Five Points are a taxi ride away.

You really can't go wrong either way. I have enjoyed Five Points and Vista each.

Above write up is pretty accurate, but needs some specifics.

Dress preppy. The frattier the better. If you don't, you will have little chance with the sorrority girls.

5 Points-
Jakes- check the outdoor area, decent talent there usually
Village Idiot- Smaller bar, but usually a good ratio (solid pizza also)
Red Hots- Upstairs usually a dance/grind fest, talent is mediocre however
Salty Nut- go to this place earlier, you can pretty much get fucked up and eat peanuts and throw them on the floor( or at girls) and then proceed downstairs to Pavlovs.
Pavlovs- Shit college bar, but the hottest hoes go here late night. Great talent. Girls are easy here. Run game on the patio. Then go in for the kill dancing inside.

Vista-
Someone else will have to do a write up of this I haven't been back in 2 years.

I'll be staying in the Hilton so it looks like that's right in the middle of the Vista area. Thanks for the info.

And yeah, I've always done the v-neck and jeans, maybe a button down from time to time. Probably a reason it was so hard to pick up my last year in college (also a SEC school). I'll lean towards the preppy side on this trip for my own benefit.

Now I just need to get my suit situation locked down. Alteration place couldn't have mine tailored in time and I really don't want to roll in a jos a bank box suit.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

That Hilton is a good spot if you decide to stay in the Vista, right at the edge of the action.

Tin Roof - Really big bar that oftentimes has bands (good and a bad thing as they have covers when the band is somewhat well-known). Buddies have pulled from here a bit. Probably a 70-30 mid 20s to college-aged crowd. Literally, like, 200 feet from your hotel.

Social - Newer bar/club. Crowded downstairs "bar" area with loud club music. Upstairs is the "club" area although I've never seen more than 2 or 3 people dancing. Outside area is nice but a little cramped. This place has more sloots looking for some action. Across the street, behind the Flying Saucer.

Flying Saucer - More of a restaurant/bar than a true bar. Pretty big inside, but a lot of tables, waitresses running around, etc. A lot of beers on tap and waitresses wear slut-skirts, but nothing special.

Uncle Louie's - Dive, but an ok dive. Has people of all ages, but I've seen some college-aged girls here. Pool tables, an outside area that sucks. Adjacent to Flying Saucer.

World of Beer - Lots of old people. Lots of ugly people. Avoid.

Due to the importance of logistics, Vista may be best for you, although I prefer 5 Points. I have not been since martial law was declared in 5 Points so I don't know how sketch it has gotten, but you may want to check it out at some point. If you get to the fountain, though, you need to turn around and go back the way you came because that's where shit really starts to get heavy. Spot-on about the good pizza at Village and Jakes' kitchen actually stays open decently late for some decent grub. All else fails, you could mingle with the trash at Sharky's in 5 Points

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Kreese is spot on with his Vista Breakdown.
I'd add that FLYING SAUCER has fly waitresses that i've swooped in the past. Some good talent. I actually lived with 4 of them for a summer. They called it "the brothel".
Also Check out the oyster bar PEARLZ maybe? They have waitress talent as well. Generally I'd avoid the vista if you're looking for USC students. Vista is more for the post grad crowd.
TIN ROOF- Definitely check this place out for the live music before you head to 5 points.

NOTE: Bars close at 2am on Saturday night! So get out early!
Here' how I'd do it, and I've pulled countless times from here. In order
1) Flying Saucer for a beer- warmup running game on the waitresses. Solid food also
2) Check out tin roof for the band, live music, and game whoever's there.
3) Taxi to 5 points
4) Jakes for a few drinks, start inside, then head out to patio. Good post up spot is between bar outside and the entrance to inside. Some tables there.
5) Probably 11:00 11:30 at this point. Village Idiot.- order cheap ass shots to get the girls liqoured up there. Or get pitchers of the blue stuff forget what its called.
6) Salty nut- have some peanuts sober up a little and scope the talent
7) Late night swoop at Pavlovs.

Good luck. You probably won't need it. Thank me later in the Notch Thread.

You guys are all over this. Within hours I have a blueprint for a night out. Amazing.

I'll kick it with the people I know that are going and break off onto my own to some of the recommended spots for solo swooping. I'll have two nights to work with.

Quote: (10-17-2012 07:20 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

You guys are all over this. Within hours I have a blueprint for a night out. Amazing.

I'll kick it with the people I know that are going and break off onto my own to some of the recommended spots for solo swooping. I'll have two nights to work with.

Just FYI USC is on fall break this weekend.

good info from guys who know the area better than I do. I recognize the names to almost all of these bars so you are good to go. Jeans and a button down or v neck will do.

USC is on fall break this weekend? That sucks.

Having worked in both 5 points and The Vista for years all of these suggestion are pretty spot on, but i just waned to round them out.

Blue Tapas Bar: Like the name sounds serves tapas, and around 10 turns into a dance lounge. Hit or miss, but worth a few seconds to see.

Liberty: Always, and I mean ALWAYS whoreish bitches in dresses here. Depending on who is DJing, this is sometimes the best party down here.

Pearlz: Go here no matter what before 11:00. The past few weeks have been insane. Dresses everywhere. It seems like all the bitches "pre-game' here.

Art Bar: Gets a bad rap for being a gay bar. It is not. I have pulled more girls out of here then any other bar in Columbia. Its a hipster place, which annoys me, but i get tons of love as a blck dude rolling in there suited up. Like hot hipster, this is your place.

Social: listed above. There is a private breast cancer awareness party, with a raffle Friday night until 11. Its hosted by a pretty popular dude, so there should be a huge turnout.

Big Ugly: Right next tho the flying saucer listed above. More college kids then most vista place, and by that i mean hot college girl. Stop by

Late Friday night, after 2: Kelleys- huge service industry bar. A perfect mix of raging alcoholics, coke heads, the gays, and slutty bar wenches. Since there is no home game Friday, I know they will not close until 7-8 am.

Fall break? That does suck. My school would turn into a ghost town on break weekends but the town revolved around the school entirely so a little different. Hopefully there will still be talent out in Columbia.

A brownie cost me a bang on Saturday night. I sat next to a girl eating alone at a bar that was in town for work and we ended up leaving together. That's about when I went blackout from drinking at the wedding and a brownie that someone gave me. It was a fun weekend but never a good feeling knowing you fucked it up...Oh well.