rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How one woman spent a year living according to the Bible

Make your own clothes, don't touch your husband and sleep outside: How one woman spent a year living according to the Bible

[Image: article-2218253-15851E6F000005DC-388_634x385.jpg]

A blogger who spent one year following all of the Bible’s instructions for women, from making her own clothes to 'submitting' to her husband, has now written a book about her experience.

Rachel Held Evans’ book, A Year of Biblical Womanhood, chronicles her 12 month attempt to obey the Bible's commandments for women.

The Bible gives hundreds of rules for women to follow, both explicit and implied, in the Old Testament and the New.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...z29Tl0nQsJ

Team Nachos

Her stated goal, from the article:

Quote:Quote:

Mrs Evans' project-turned-book examines all the Bible's instructions for women as precisely as possible, taking on powerful theological questions, gender issues, and the possible future of the Church.

Using her book's platform, she says she aims to challenge evangelical leaders and advocate an increase of women within church leadership.

It's just feminism 101. Christianity has only been around for 2000 years, we need some empowered women to get in the church and make it even more awesome!

She missed the part where the New Testament invalidated most of the prescriptions in the Old Testament.

I'm a stone-cold atheist, but this is just building a huge straw man and then using it to attention-whore to the max.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

[Image: article-2218253-15851E6F000005DC-388_634x385.jpg]

The question is; Would you hit it?

Yes

Quote: (10-16-2012 11:44 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

She missed the part where the New Testament invalidated most of the prescriptions in the Old Testament.

I'm a stone-cold atheist, but this is just building a huge straw man and then using it to attention-whore to the max.

Very true. It almost always comes down to three words: look at me.

I would smash, but she has zero sex appeal to me. Hopefully her baking skills have improved at least, so the whole project was not for nothing.

Quote:1 Timothy 2:11-14 Wrote:

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Checkmate!

Quote:Quote:

Probably because it's not there. To quote Jesus, "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." Matthew 5:18

All that stuff about the "New Covenant" is just used by modern day Christians in an attempt to not be subjected to the Mosaic and/or Priestly laws of the Old Testament. The new covenant is traditionally understood by Christian theologists as having to do with the abolition of animal sacrifice in lieu of Jesus' human sacrifice of himself for the ultimate redemption of humanity.

See this video (start at 1:25) for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb20AQu0TO8&t=1m25s

But I'm an Atheist too and it's all a bunch of BS religious drivel. Just thought I'd clear up a common misunderstanding.

Who wants to bet she left out the most important part: getting her husband to man up and act like a biblical husband would.

Clearly that didn't happen, or she would've went a lot longer than a year...

Ajax: 'WOMAN, SILENCE BECOMES YOU'

I like the concept of ...Bitch you on the rag? ...then go sleep in the tent!! [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Still, by pointing out how Biblical regulations make even the faithful very uncomfortable and queasy, she does illustrate something critically important: how feminism has corrupted the heart of Christianity. Most of the "believers" actually worship another god - that of "(female) gender affirmation".

Or as Dalrock would say, "if this quote makes you feel like it's degrading to women or humiliating, you've located your inner feminist".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

[Image: article-2218253-15851E80000005DC-664_634x360.jpg]

I think I found a new requirement for marriage material. [Image: whip.gif]

Am I the only one who is tired of these "authors" undertaking these ridiculous and quixotic year-long challenges for the sole purpose of writing a book about the experience?

Here are some ideas for future "authors" to consider writing books about:

1) For an entire year, staple a live bat to your forehead every morning.

2) For an entire year, SPEAK ONLY IN YOUR LOUDEST SHOUTING VOICE.

3) For an entire year, only wear clothing made of the bark of trees.

etc...

It speaks to the vacuity of modern culture and ideas that people are resorting to these absurd lengths to publish a book. I can think of no more forthright admission of having nothing of value or interest to say than in being resorted to this type of "stunt-living" to generate material for a book.

The game analogy would be of a guy who was so incapable of formulating creative approaches and so apprehensive in the presence of women that he resorted to tattooing the word "HEY" on his forehead, and when he saw an attractive women would simply walk up to her and point at it.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Good point Scorpion. It's all extremely superficial and always generates more heat than light. It's great watercooler talk, but what meaningful questions are ever addressed by these stunts?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

This reminds me of well off people who bum it up with hobos for one night and think they know how is to be homeless. The whole thing is retarded.

She looks cock-starved. Her eyes are saying "WTF someone better fuck me!"

Well this proves that Bible is not a book for anyone to interpret. No fools and no women should be allowed to read or teach it. All they should be allowed to do is listen.

First of all Torah the basic book of Bible doesn't speak about women at all. In Torah every word is a code. The word "Woman" in Torah is a code for DESIRE. When Torah speaks about subjugating women in any way it speaks about taking control over ones DESIRES and not being led by them. The women in physical world are physical manifestations of desires in upper spiritual worlds.

All the other books in Bible are secondary to Torah and are its addons and explanations. Christians are fools when saying that new testament overrides old testament. Jesus was explaining premordial texts like Torah, Sefer Jetzirah and others all the time, not creating a new religion. When reading those books one must be extreamly knowledgeable in ancient languages and Kaballah to know when there is a talk about physical women or women in your soul - that is desires.

All the Christians, atheists and even Jews who try to read, and interpret Bible, or God forbid, make any ideology without bothering to learn the code that is required to read it are poised to misunderstand and create a total mess. Basically that is human history.

Quote: (10-16-2012 11:44 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Women will go to great lengths to attention-whore, even doing some contrary shit to prove some oblique point that the New Testament, as Calig pointed out, already obviated. This is hamsterism at it's highest levels.

All this said, she played the game on the easy setting. Next time, she should try doing this with the Quran. [Image: lol.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter