rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I need helping selling a product

I saw a product for an iphone that retails at $29 us dollars. I can have the same product made in the DR for around $2 us dollars. How and where can I can sell it? Should I make a website? I am thinking ebay, amazon and craigslist.

Patents on original product?

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Seems like he's just reselling an item to make a profit. I'd advise against making a website... just buy in bulk from the cheap side, and sell for a modest price (but one that still guarantees a good profit) on eBay or Craiglist.

Thanks

Why advise against making at website?

[Image: attachment.jpg8229]    The guy is selling bamboo speakers for an iphone. They retail for $29. I can make the same product in the DR for around $2.

People buy that stuff for $29?

Yeah. I won't pay $29 for it. I am thinking about selling it between $9.99 and $14.99.

Quote: (10-15-2012 05:34 PM)RenewalMan Wrote:  

People buy that stuff for $29?

People buy anything. They were selling plates of cockroach in London for 15 pounds a plate at some posh restaurant.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Any idea how many units it's selling at $29? What is the 1st reaction people with iphones have when you show it to them and mention the idea? Do you have any ideas of things that can complement it and be an add-on or backend sale?

If you sell it for $9.99...

-$2 manufacturing cost
-$1 shipping cost to your house/office
-$1 eBay, Paypal, and credit card fees
-Your time to deal with the buyer, go to the post office, pack it up, deal with the manufacturer, etc

For me 9.99 isn't worth it.

I would sell it for $19.99 and possibly include free shipping. Ever notice on tv how everything is $19.99? It is because it is a proven price point. Include a little information page with each one about where it was made and how it works, this can possibly generate more sales as it makes the product more interesting and maybe they will buy another one or two as gifts. With $19.99 you will make a profit of about $11 on each one. Remember, with too low of a price point people think your product is junk. Also, don't forget to setup a little web site for your product as well. One you getting rolling then start pitching it to gift shops in tourist areas.

Patron, this is a pretty good idea. You can do it, I know you can.

If you need any help or ideas PM me.

You can play around with eBay, but the money market is Amazon.

You can get a pro merchant account (the free one blows) for 30 days, then it's $40 per month. Well worth it.

Get a UPC code for your product so you can have your own listing and won't be selling under someone else's, competing for the buy box.

Then, promote the product internally in Amazon. The A9 search engine ranks product listings based on sales/sales velocity, reviews, likes, and product tags. In that order.

To get sales, just have some friends buy it @ $2 or whatever, tell Amazon you shipped it, then raise the price. This way, you'll have some sales to start with and won't be getting reviews on something that has never sold.

Ranking #1 in Amazon for anything is profitable and easy. Once you've proven that it sells consistently, move to FBA so you don't have to ship it yourself.

Regarding pricing, figure out what the cost is to get it to your door. Then mark that up at least 5x. 10x is ideal, but 5x works. This way, if anyone ever wants to buy your product at wholesale (larger orders, less hassle), you're still making money.

Also, assuming this sells well, you can build links to your Amazon product page (make sure you choose a keyword-rich title) and use their domain authority to rank #1 in Google easily. I have Amazon product pages that outrank Walmart, Walgreens, and other BIG websites. Cost me less than $100. Make sure when you're link building to that Amazon product page that you use completely random anchor text. In fact, a raw url (http://www.rooshv.com) is the best anchor for moving Amazon pages. Don't drive keyword focused links. Someone on this forum may tell you otherwise, but I've done this at least 20 times. Google knows what your page is about and doesn't need keyword-focused links to tell them that.

That's really all there is to importing and selling physical products. You can make great money just playing in Amazon. It's far more stable than Google is, for sure. And if you can't rank #1 in Amazon right away, rank the Amazon page in Google, which will drives sales, which Amazon's A9 engine loves. If it does really well, you may want to setup a pseudo "brand" website to convert people that want to research you a bit more, but it's probably not worth ranking unless you're a boss at SEO.

Hope that helps. Good luck.