rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio, Brazil March 20th to April 1st

Hello,

I am planning a trip (already have the tickets) to Rio Brazil with my buddy. I wanted to see if anyone here might have some suggestions that may have recently taken a trip there? Unfortunately I am not the worlds best travel planner. Also I speak no Spanish and no Portuguese, great huh?

In the past I have traveled to Thailand (been 5 times), Japan, Mexico, Canada so I am a moderate traveler. Also i already have my Passport and Tourist visa and have scoured a great site such a ipanema.com which has helped tremendously.

At the moment I have a few concerns:

1. I am not sure if I should stay initially in CopaCabana or Ipanema? My buddy and I are poon hounds so I figured it would be best to spend the first 3-4 days getting used to our surroundings and trying to get some tail, paid for or not is ok with me. Any idea's on this?

2. Places to avoid outright? Current scams running at the moment?

3. General suggestions to make our first trip easier?

4. Hotels that have a good rate that are in a safe area?

I appreciate any help and yes I am going through all the threads here to see if any information pertains to my trip.

Thanks in advance all!

Ipanema hands down! Copa is dirty, and full of street hookers, skanks, and bums. I lost count how many times I or someone I knew stepped on dog shit in Copa! These folks do not pick up after dogs.

Quote: (02-19-2010 05:06 PM)armanid27 Wrote:  

Ipanema hands down! Copa is dirty, and full of street hookers, skanks, and bums. I lost count how many times I or someone I knew stepped on dog shit in Copa! These folks do not pick up after dogs.

Thanks for that and hoping more people will post here too. Does Ipanema have hookers as well? Sorry to sound like a degenerate but I enjoy the red lights of various area's from Thailand to TJ! Nice to have that "outlet" from time to time so that you don't seem desperate when talking to regular girls at a bar or club.

Appreciate the feedback.

Quote: (02-19-2010 05:19 PM)WarheD Wrote:  

Thanks for that and hoping more people will post here too. Does Ipanema have hookers as well? Sorry to sound like a degenerate but I enjoy the red lights of various area's from Thailand to TJ! Nice to have that "outlet" from time to time so that you don't seem desperate when talking to regular girls at a bar or club.

Appreciate the feedback.

lots of hookers all over RIo.

Ipanema is pretty much the same as Copa, except you have more gringo bars and shopping stores.

Quote: (02-19-2010 07:54 PM)NeVerGymLess Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2010 05:19 PM)WarheD Wrote:  

Appreciate the feedback.

lots of hookers all over RIo.

Ipanema is pretty much the same as Copa, except you have more gringo bars and shopping stores.

More gringo bars in Ipanema? That may not be a bad thing at first for me considering I can't speak any latin at the time being. I'm not one of those idiot American's that expects the world to speak English I just have a hard time learning languages.

Keep the comments coming, looks like Ipanema is the place to start out at me thinks.

the only way to meet a culture it is being with the natives and eat their food. Do me a favor: by the time you are here in my beloved land, don't go to Starbuks or Mc Donald's

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (02-21-2010 11:15 AM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

the only way to meet a culture it is being with the natives and eat their food. Do me a favor: by the time you are here in my beloved land, don't go to Starbuks or Mc Donald's

Of course not, as I mentioned I have been to Thailand 5 times and my parents live in Mexico. I don't bring America with me, why do you think I am vacationing away from America? Because for everything America does right we do 100 things wrong, starting with the women here.

Anyways, I have about 30 days till Rio. Going to get a phrase book and try to join some other forums as well, must be some goods tips out there I hope.

More girls speak english in Ipanema, though they are not necessarily easier.

Well, anything is easier than America where I meet girls in their mid/late 20's that are 20-40 pounds overweight and have attitudes. Ridiculous here. I don't necessarily want an easy girl but a woman that doesn't have such rules and regulations regarding sex and relationships as we do here.

Looks like I should start in Ipanema.

What is the overall perception Brazilians have of Americans? Do they think we are assholes like many parts of the world or could they care less like the Thai's?

It's a neutral perception. The Brazilian woman has been discussed to death here. Do a search in Travel for either "brazil" or "rio"

keep in mind that ipanema and copacabana are next to each other - it's a cheap 10-15 minute taxi ride from one to the other so you could stay in a cheaper place in copa and go out to nicer bars and clubs in ipanema

i've only been to Rio once but TBH i found the place somewhat overhyped - great beaches and sights but i wasn't blown away by the nightlife and quality of (non pro) girls. the touts (guys that try to sell cheap sht to tourists) also got on my nerves

in terms of nightlife Lapa is an area where there are comparatively less gringo tourists and more normal brazilians; on the down-side it's a good 45 minute cab ride from ipanema and copa.

i stayed in copa and found it very safe but then again we did always take taxis going everywhere in the evening.

good luck with this!

Pete

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Quote: (02-19-2010 04:25 PM)WarheD Wrote:  

Hello,

I am planning a trip (already have the tickets) to Rio Brazil with my buddy. I wanted to see if anyone here might have some suggestions that may have recently taken a trip there? Unfortunately I am not the worlds best travel planner. Also I speak no Spanish and no Portuguese, great huh?

In the past I have traveled to Thailand (been 5 times), Japan, Mexico, Canada so I am a moderate traveler. Also i already have my Passport and Tourist visa and have scoured a great site such a ipanema.com which has helped tremendously.

1. I am not sure if I should stay initially in CopaCabana or Ipanema? My buddy and I are poon hounds so I figured it would be best to spend the first 3-4 days getting used to our surroundings and trying to get some tail, paid for or not is ok with me. Any idea's on this?

I appreciate any help and yes I am going through all the threads here to see if any information pertains to my trip.

Thanks in advance all!

Sup bro, i just got back from Rio about a month ago. I stayed in Copa. LEt me say that after reading about all the crime and safety issues i was pretty nervous. But after me and my friend got there we walked ALL OVER copa day and night. We walked from Copa to Ipanema at night numerous times and didnt have ANY problems. We also rode the buses and didnt have any problems.

Copa is alot cheaper and you will find more tail there also. Paid and not paid.

Now as for scams, the only main scam is the taxi drivers. Make sure they start the meter and ONLY pay them in reals the amount on the meter. The first day the dude claimed we owed him 40 us money when the meter was like 25. we were confused and just gave it to him. We learned our lesson. One other thing i think they over price the hell out of you on the beach. DONT EVER BUY SOMETHING WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT STRAIGHT UP. research the proper prices of everyday common stuff and follow that rule.

ok now to the good stuff. On the strip in Copa there is a place where all the so called working grls hangout. Its at a bar with a big tent out front. The quality of working grls here is very good. I saw 8's in this place. Now if you are young and have some game you can pull a grl or two from this place everynight FOR FREE. I did this numerous times. A guy is selling beer on the street so cheap alcohol and its very entertaining talking to all these girls. They know much better english than normal girls imo.

Here is what id would suggest. Find out popular normal clubs in Copa and Ipanema and go to them around 10pm. Try your luck there and if you have no luck leave around 12 - 1am and go to the place i mentioned.

If you wanna know where the hip people and the main events in town go to nightrio.com you will prob need to make an account and google translate it. Let me say i went to this huge event at the jockey track i learned about through that site and i have NEVER SEEN MORE ATTRACTIVE GIRLS IN MY LIFE, AND THE VAST NUMBER WAS AMAZING. soo def check that site out.

any other questions feel free to ask

Quote: (02-23-2010 03:15 PM)dlmelvin86 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2010 04:25 PM)WarheD Wrote:  

Hello,

Thanks in advance all!

Sup bro, i just got back from Rio about a month ago. I stayed in Copa. LEt me say that after reading about all the crime and safety issues i was pretty nervous. But after me and my friend got there we walked ALL OVER copa day and night. We walked from Copa to Ipanema at night numerous times and didnt have ANY problems. We also rode the buses and didnt have any problems.

Copa is alot cheaper and you will find more tail there also. Paid and not paid.

Now as for scams, the only main scam is the taxi drivers. Make sure they start the meter and ONLY pay them in reals the amount on the meter. The first day the dude claimed we owed him 40 us money when the meter was like 25. we were confused and just gave it to him. We learned our lesson. One other thing i think they over price the hell out of you on the beach. DONT EVER BUY SOMETHING WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT STRAIGHT UP. research the proper prices of everyday common stuff and follow that rule.

ok now to the good stuff. On the strip in Copa there is a place where all the so called working grls hangout. Its at a bar with a big tent out front. The quality of working grls here is very good. I saw 8's in this place. Now if you are young and have some game you can pull a grl or two from this place everynight FOR FREE. I did this numerous times. A guy is selling beer on the street so cheap alcohol and its very entertaining talking to all these girls. They know much better english than normal girls imo.

Here is what id would suggest. Find out popular normal clubs in Copa and Ipanema and go to them around 10pm. Try your luck there and if you have no luck leave around 12 - 1am and go to the place i mentioned.

If you wanna know where the hip people and the main events in town go to nightrio.com you will prob need to make an account and google translate it. Let me say i went to this huge event at the jockey track i learned about through that site and i have NEVER SEEN MORE ATTRACTIVE GIRLS IN MY LIFE, AND THE VAST NUMBER WAS AMAZING. soo def check that site out.

any other questions feel free to ask

great advice dlmelvin

keep in mind tho that some of those chicks that hang out in Help have HIV; you don't wanna bring back any dodgy stuff with you

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

HELP is closed so they dont hang out at help....

and what was the name of the club jockey?

Joquei Club is a soccer team's entertainment complex with horse track. It also has a posh club... the entrance is on the Jardim Botanico side somewhat near Gavea. My friend went once and he said the girls are hot but snobby. Cover and drink prices are high.

If you tell the taxi cab driver "Joquei Club" he'll take you to the main entrance and the club entrance is right next to it.

[/quote]

great advice dlmelvin

keep in mind tho that some of those chicks that hang out in Help have HIV; you don't wanna bring back any dodgy stuff with you
[/quote]

true, but you have to worry about that in every country when dealing with working grls. just use instincts and rubber i suppose.

the thing i realized in rio is that HALF the working grls at the place im talking about are not your typical prostitute. Many grls i meet were young and only been in rio for a short time to get money to help a sick family member or money for school. Not your typical career hooker by any means. You will see the diff when you get there between these grls and the ones standing out on the side of the street.

another thing i noticed every night i went was that most of the grls would just be standing around with a friend or two and never even approach a guy the whole night. strange lol

another thing is unless your porteguise (sp) game is tight or you dont have a local connection to hook you up your gonna have a hard time swooping grls at regular clubs.