rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gender conditions on Development Aid

I've been working on some projects for, lets call them 'emerging market' countries this week and have been struck by a strange condition thats often included. That is that a project is only eligible if local women are in control of the project be it financially or in a managerial capacity. Its officially stated as a move to empower women or promote equality though I don't know how its equal if it demands women be in charge. Proponents and local developers say its more because the men are unreliable in these places and just take off with the money instead of doing the work.

It definitely causes me to raise an eyebrow after reading red pill/feminist conspiracy type writing that point it out as a vehicle for social control.

Sorry, can't post links or elaborate much further due to work sensitivity.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (10-13-2012 06:20 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

Proponents and local developers say its more because the men are unreliable in these places and just take off with the money instead of doing the work.

I know that within microfinance (specifically in Papua New Guinea) the women are more likely to pay the loans back.