rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How a Dangerous City Can Cockblock You.

Read the 50 most dangerous cities list thread and I agree with a lot of forum members, that the list is far from perfect or accurate. For example, IMO cities like Quito and Guayaquil, Ecuador seem far more dangerous (in terms of overall crime) than Joao Pessoa, Brazil or Panama City, Panama.
The problem with any city deemed dangerous, whether by an arbitrary list or just the overall feelings of the locals, is that it tends to change the attitude of the local women. I can bet you any amount of money that the list made headline news, among the citizens of Joao Pessoa, Brazil and is a major topic of conversation. So in a city that has naturally friendly women, many will become more hesistant when dealing with strangers. A natural outcome of this hesitancy or fear (whether rational or not is irrelevant) is that day game becomes more difficult, online dating sites become less prevalent and flaking occurs more often.
I have been to 12 cities on that list and never felt any real danger. But I have to think twice about going to any city that is considered dangerous, because it could affect my ability to get notches, especially in Latin America. You would have though that with the increasing economic power and development in a country like Brazil, crime statistics would have gown down and people would have felt safer. But as the list shows and from my experience on the ground now...... fear and lack of trust, especially among women, is still very prevalent.
Something so normal in Europe and SE Asia, like asking a girl out for coffee, becomes complicated in these "dangerous cities", especially if you look like a local.

Yes. I'm based in one of the cities on that list. Street approaches are VERY difficult. Not least because a hot girl with money, or really any girl with money, will not be on the street in the first place. If she's not in her car or house, she'll usually be at some other "right of admission reserved" place like a mall, restaurant etc. And a hot girl with no money will be looking to hook up with a sugar-daddy. Which is a whole other story.

Basically, in these situations social circle is everything. You have to establish comfort through something other than public meetings. Friends of friends sort of thing. Otherwise you're generally DOA.

Quote: (10-10-2012 02:01 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Yes. I'm based in one of the cities on that list. Street approaches are VERY difficult. Not least because a hot girl with money, or really any girl with money, will not be on the street in the first place. If she's not in her car or house, she'll usually be at some other "right of admission reserved" place like a mall, restaurant etc. And a hot girl with no money will be looking to hook up with a sugar-daddy. Which is a whole other story.

Basically, in these situations social circle is everything. You have to establish comfort through something other than public meetings. Friends of friends sort of thing. Otherwise you're generally DOA.

Why are they not approachable at the mall? Are they just generally closed off even in relatively safe environments?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (10-10-2012 04:17 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Why are they not approachable at the mall? Are they just generally closed off even in relatively safe environments?

Because the hamster is spinning.

My town is something like this. Depending on the street im on, I can approach during the day BUT a lot of the time I can't go out dolo at night.
I can go out dolo and be safe but that would mean limited approaching. Ever been walking to your car just to have a random fist catch you in the jaw or been randomly jumped and robbed after leaving a bar?
I haven't but I know people who have! They were fucking around rolling dolo, and me I've been lucky thus far.
I Can't wait to move back to NYC!

5 people were shot senselessly in the past 2 months( Thats a lot for a TOWN, not a city.) 2 of the situations are rumored to have been over a chick.

I refuse to fall victim to a murder statistic from some jealous beta with a gun!

If you want to know where it is just for the sake of avoidance PM and I will tell you.

Quote: (10-10-2012 08:58 PM)PrettyBoy Wrote:  

My town is something like this. Depending on the street im on, I can approach during the day BUT a lot of the time I can't go out dolo at night.
I can go out dolo and be safe but that would mean limited approaching. Ever been walking to your car just to have a random fist catch you in the jaw or been randomly jumped and robbed after leaving a bar?
I haven't but I know people who have! They were fucking around rolling dolo, and me I've been lucky thus far.
I Can't wait to move back to NYC!

5 people were shot senselessly in the past 2 months( Thats a lot for a TOWN, not a city.) 2 of the situations are rumored to have been over a chick.

I refuse to fall victim to a murder statistic from some jealous beta with a gun!

If you want to know where it is just for the sake of avoidance PM and I will tell you.

Im guessing you are somewhere in Africa or the Middle East.
Being a European looking foreigner is probably the best way to avoid the "dangerous city" cockblock with girls. But it also brings its own set of problems. But most experienced travelers, would know how to avoid them.

The mall would definitely be better than the street, but I would say that when people feel a sort of pervasive unease it's more difficult to break down barriers, even in safe locations. It's not all bad. All it means is that you have to figure out how to get accepted into social groups. It's a challenge but once you're on the inside, there's less of a threat from unknown players hitting on a girl you're interested in, since they're now on the outside. It all balances out.

It is the perception of danger in a city NOWADAYS that makes women less prone to accept your advances as a stranger, NOT the actual reality. Which is why I ultimately see the decline of Brazil coming in 2 or 3 years. Brazil was as dangerous or more so 20 years ago, but day gaming women was never a complaint any foreign player would have ever had at the time. It was probably the easiest country to day game taking into account that most foreigners never learnt portuguese.
Feminism creates false dangers in women´s head with regards to men and their sexuality...... and it has made inroads here FAST.

This is one thing I think is good for EE and Russia. Hostile, alienating Feminism seems quite discredited in my impression there. Slavs are too cynical to buy the self-pitying Western European feminism tripe, and have a history of dealing with REAL totalitarianism; not imaginary "patriarchy" crap.

Quote: (10-12-2012 03:07 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

This is one thing I think is good for EE and Russia. Hostile, alienating Feminism seems quite discredited in my impression there. Slavs are too cynical to buy the self-pitying Western European feminism tripe, and have a history of dealing with REAL totalitarianism; not imaginary "patriarchy" crap.

As an aside, my Ukrainian tutor lived in the mountains and had been pursued by deer, wild pigs and and "gopniks"; local hoods who are considered somewhat laughably sub-human.

They wait at outer subway stations and pursue students to steal their laptops. My tutor was bright, had lovely long legs ( which was how she got away from the gopniks, she told me), had gotten a student visa to Canada through her father in canada, and was quite clear she was never going back to Ukraine. THe government was hopelessly corrupt in her opinion.

Most malls have security-guys / bouncers to put the drunkards and troublemakers out.

Quote: (10-12-2012 08:51 AM)Marcellus Wrote:  

Most malls have security-guys / bouncers to put the drunkards and troublemakers out.

You can ram that rational and true argument all you want, but if she has been brainwashed by fearmongers it doesnt matter. I am good at convincing women, so after they have met me at the mall they have agreed how silly their thinking was.