rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pencak Silat

Pencak Silat

Any Martial arts practioners in here? specifically London

Done Muay Thai and BJJ for about a year now. But I'm wondering if anyone has done the above?

Pencak Silat

Dude's been banned, but maybe someone else can fine utility in my response:

I used to train at a gym that did a lot of Jeet Kun Do concepts type stuff. I trained in straight Muay Thai and Kali for a few years and the guy running the place suggested that I might enjoy the Pentjak Silat classes. I was kind of disappointed. The training reminded me a lot of what I had been doing when I was taking karate in elementary school. A lot of 'forms' type stuff and no sparring and never really learning what the movements you're doing are supposed to mean in an actual fight. Maybe there are schools out there that train differently, but I haven't really seen one. And for what it's worth the only Silat practitioner to fight in the UFC got brutally crushed at high speed.

Pencak Silat

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/sta...hances.htm

Pencak Silat

Quote: (10-06-2012 09:16 PM)Strictly Professional Wrote:  

I used to train at a gym that did a lot of Jeet Kun Do concepts type stuff. I trained in straight Muay Thai and Kali for a few years and the guy running the place suggested that I might enjoy the Pentjak Silat classes. I was kind of disappointed. The training reminded me a lot of what I had been doing when I was taking karate in elementary school. A lot of 'forms' type stuff and no sparring and never really learning what the movements you're doing are supposed to mean in an actual fight. Maybe there are schools out there that train differently, but I haven't really seen one. And for what it's worth the only Silat practitioner to fight in the UFC got brutally crushed at high speed.

Is this where you trained?:

http://nwfighting.com/

Pencak Silat

Quote: (10-07-2012 07:15 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2012 09:16 PM)Strictly Professional Wrote:  

No, I trained at a small school in Texas. Unfortunately it not longer exists.
Is this where you trained?:

http://nwfighting.com/