rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Transition out of aloof game?

Hi guys... any ideas on the following?

I am naturally aloof and in the three bars i regularly frequent, I notice that my aloof demeanour gets the attention of a few of the prettiest girls/women. The problem is, having got their intrigue, how can I make progress? If I acknowledge their interest in me and break cover, the spell seems to be over. Any ideas on how to handle this?

Its kind of hard to verbalize.

You need to take them into deep water then drown them (so to speak).

A change of venue can help with the gear shift.

Switch up speeds like Bruce Lee.

Thanks G Manifesto! Perhaps a little too abstract for me at my basic level to comprehend, though....

adrian_D, I think what "G" means is that once you have the girls attention, you should "transition" into "comfort building", "kino-escalating", and all that stuff. The reason you play aloof game is to get her interested in you, once she is interested, then it is time to "built attraction". You can stay aloof and playful the whole time. But you have to move things forward eventually. Just don't be to serious or give her all your attention. Hope that makes sense.

Agree with everything said here. Best time to transition is after you've qualified her. She says something you like or is interested in something you are also interested in, and you switch gears. Do it gradually and start turning your body towards hers. These are all things you do when you are naturally attracted to someone, but have high standards.

Quote: (02-10-2010 03:28 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Agree with everything said here. Best time to transition is after you've qualified her. She says something you like or is interested in something you are also interested in, and you switch gears. Do it gradually and start turning your body towards hers. These are all things you do when you are naturally attracted to someone, but have high standards.

Thanks Ugslayer...! I appreciate your input.

I thing it's a subtle maneuver. I don't have the exerience of some of the guys here to carry it off naturally without some guidance...

Are you overdoing the aloof thing?

In my experience aloofness works best when coupled with a high value.

If you are hitting the same 3 spots, make sure you have them locked down. Don't be aloof with the folks that work there.

I also regularly frequent 3 bars, and have them locked down 10 times over.

When it comes to swooping girls at these places, the bartenders and waitresses (many of whom I've also swooped) are completely working for me.

When new girls come into the bar, the staffers will simply point to me and say "do you know who that guy over there is?" when their taking an order. The girls will have no clue. Then the waiter/bartender will say something like "I think he's a pro-surfer" or "I think he's on tv". Right there, higher value. I don't use "big time drug dealer" anymore, it hooked me too many closet ice-heads.

After that the aloof thing works great for me.

If you're just being aloof and nothing else, well you're kind of just being a dick.

Aloha!

Quote: (02-10-2010 06:16 PM)Kona Wrote:  

In my experience aloofness works best when coupled with a high value.

If you are hitting the same 3 spots, make sure you have them locked down. Don't be aloof with the folks that work there.

I also regularly frequent 3 bars, and have them locked down 10 times over.

When it comes to swooping girls at these places, the bartenders and waitresses (many of whom I've also swooped) are completely working for me.

When new girls come into the bar, the staffers will simply point to me and say "do you know who that guy over there is?" when their taking an order. The girls will have no clue. Then the waiter/bartender will say something like "I think he's a pro-surfer" or "I think he's on tv". Right there, higher value. I don't use "big time drug dealer" anymore, it hooked me too many closet ice-heads.

After that the aloof thing works great for me.

If you're just being aloof and nothing else, well you're kind of just being a dick.

Aloha!

Well said.

I think a lot of cats out there latch on to words in the Pick up Artist community; "neg", "aloof", "alpha", "crutch", "peacocking" "needy" and all this crap. (One of my problems with the Pick up Artist community).

To do many of these things correctly, you have to have some juice. Working on yourself is more important.

"Negging" without being The G, will come off like a try hard.

Being "aloof" without interest or mystery (and I don't mean that guy with eyeliner either) will make you come off as boring.

Using "crutches" like smoking and drinking, will get you mass amounts of girls more often than not.

Wearing a Custom Suit and not "peacocking" will get you high end girls.

Being "needy" like opening a door for a girl or lighting a girls smoke will get a super fly rich girl into you.

Being "needy" and buying a girls drink the right way will make her think you have class and money is no object.

Welcome to The G Manifesto.

- MPM

Quote: (02-10-2010 06:22 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I think a lot of cats out there latch on to words in the Pick up Artist community; "neg", "aloof", "alpha", "crutch", "peacocking" "needy" and all this crap. (One of my problems with the Pick up Artist community).

I think latching onto those words can mess with a guy's head.

Some cat that's out there thinking: "I'm gonna neg, kino and peacock this HB9 until I email-close her" is always gonna lose to the guy who's thinking: "I gotta get close to that chick and make her laugh and squeeze her ass a little just the right way until she can't help but leave with me."

Now regarding crutches, and of course I know what The G means, I once had my leg torn apart and had to use an actual crutch. I was in San Diego at the time. That crutch got me freaking laid. Every chick wanted to know what happened. I was peacocking with my crutch.

I should see if I still have that thing.

Aloha!

Quote: (02-10-2010 06:16 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Hi Kona,

I would like to think that I'm the real deal and therefore a high value guy. Without going into the details, I've done things and been to places other guys only dream about and consequently come across as aloof with that 1000 yard stare of someone who's seen a bit too much. Not my choice, that's just the way things have turned out. In some ways, it creates a few opportunities but in others it creates a few problems (which I'm trying - with the insight and guidance from you guys - to iron out).

Thanks.

I would like some details on what it is you do so well to get attention? I mean we probably all have strengths and weaknesses in our chasing the beavers. I think the interesting part is to improve the weak spots and keep evolving as a man.. guess thats why most of this forum really isnt about the pussy, but about what a real man constitute and the inner game that comes forth from being happy with who you are...

I think it's more about what I don't do. Because I'm a regular at three bars, I get to see women/girls coming and going over a longer period of time and I make a point of not paying too much attention to the better looking ones. I think that kind of intrigues them. I also turn up late some nights with a good looking girl who's a friend of mine so I guess that shows them some pre selection. Maybe being a quiet guy gives off a sense of mystery. I also have a couple of friends who know my background and who drop hints to some of these girls about what I used to do.

However, I'm far more interested in improving my overall game so that I can convert any interest that comes my way into some real success. If I can't ultimately get the girls i want then having an interesting past is means diddly-squat.

I recently had a jolt of confidence, and I've been experimenting with thinking mantras while talking to girls.

I find that thinking things like: "This girl is nothing. She's an annoying brat- a little sister. I could easily crush her" helps me to maintain dominance, and reminds me of the truth of the situation.

Quote: (02-09-2010 01:40 PM)adrian_D Wrote:  

If I acknowledge their interest in me and break cover, the spell seems to be over.

whaaaaaat?? who told you that? how can you lose your charm by talking to girls you lik? since when the approach is so derogatory thing to do? i don't get it.

just approach whenever YOU want. if you get attention already doing nothing then breaking the ice should be fairly easy. right now you're like this classic uptight 'mr cool man' who stands there doing nothing and thinking he's the shit cause few random girls noticed his alive. if that gets you off then it's ok i guess...

the easiest way is of course going up to a chick right after locking eye contact with her. it's so 'smooooooooooth' ahahahha. no but for real, just talk to these cute girls how seem to be interested

Express interest and add cocky humor to whatever you are discussing with the girls. Being Aloof about the women is fine, being aloof about the topic of conversation is not. You can't be apathetic about the chat without being boring. With western girls you really need to lead the interaction, try the conversation threads with one or two scripted routines for each, preferably routines that allow you to get physical. For instance ask about her jeans/skirt/hotpants(whatever), where she got them, ask how much they were, then grab her hand and spin her around so you can check out them out. If they were expensive say 'Do you think your ass would look worse in primark/walmart/some cheap store jeans?', follow up immediately by saying you've never spent more than £1 or 1$ on jeans, say your entire outfit cost less than whatever shes wearing with a rye smile. If they are cheap say 'yeah they were worth every penny', follow up by saying your tight white y fronts/manthong/designer socks probably costs more than her entire outfit etc...

Being aloof is ok, though I prefer to be overtly very social to give an excuse to approach whenever I please, as though talking to everyone who looks interesting to you is the most natural thing in the world. It sounds like you wait for girls to express interest in you before you make an approach, you say you get attention from girls then the interaction goes poorly. Really you should be approaching anyone you like the look of, rather than caring if they give you attention.

You can be aloof in conversation, but you should be incredibly direct when it comes to your physical moves, touching and escalation so they are torn between how you are talking to them, showing little interest, with how you are touching them, showing constantly escalating interest. Can I ask, do these girls actually reject you? Or do you simply allow the interaction to die away? It could be you simply need to push to get rejected, do things that approach the line of socially unacceptable until they stop you. If they aren't rejecting you then you are not running near your potential.

OP, I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of the term in the game context.

Aloof doesn't mean untalkative, nonaggressive, or uninterested. A guy can be an extroverted party animal and still be totally aloof.

"Aloof" refers to being outcome independent.

Meaning you are not emotionally invested in the outcome of her interaction with you- you come across as not particularly caring whether she likes you or not. This is very alluring to women

Check out Heartiste's posts on aloofness; they are excellent

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (08-07-2012 12:26 PM)soup Wrote:  

I recently had a jolt of confidence, and I've been experimenting with thinking mantras while talking to girls.

I find that thinking things like: "This girl is nothing. She's an annoying brat- a little sister. I could easily crush her" helps me to maintain dominance, and reminds me of the truth of the situation.

I think of approaching more as a "cheap thrill"
Helps put me in the right mindset.

I'll be getting a few thrills today, most likely.

I've seen different styles work. I know some people rely heavily on asshole game. Some swear that being aloof is the cornerstone of their attraction. But I've seen different styles work.

Being aloof might not be congruent with your energy level and interests. A high energy guy oozing passion will have no interest in feigning disinterest. Nor does he have to. I've seen a guy literally run girls down, stop them, stare in their face with love and intense interest, and fuck them the same night. Day after day. We were travelling on Dead tour together, and he was a machine. No one would ever, EVER use the word aloof in the same sentence as his name.

Don't project neediness. If you absolutely must throw the baby out with the bathwather, then throw away. Throw the bathtub away. Become Mr. Spock. Have no emotions at all.

Did you know that when you play the piano, if you only use the black keys, everything you touch will "work"? That's don't fuck up game. But you can't aim out of your physical attractiveness league using don't fuck up game.

Quote: (08-07-2012 05:52 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Meaning you are not emotionally invested in the outcome of her interaction with you- you come across as not particularly caring whether she likes you or not. This is very alluring to women
I've always considered the word to be too ambiguous to be helpful.

People tend to think it means don't let the girl know that you are into her.

That is not necessary, and for many types of game, especially the love-at-first-sight, or insta-passion types of game, it is counter productive.

It's perfectly fine, and even good to project interest. Even strong horniness.

JUST NOT NEEDINESS.

The end.

Actually not the end. Actually, even neediness can be calibrated. A rule of thumb is to show 1/3 or less that the girl is showing. If she's not emotionally invested in you, show no emotional investment. But hold it out there as a possibility that she could possibly gain hand over you and gain a beta boy toy. That's called the beta bait and switch. Or it's called showing a little underbelly. Or it's called contrast game. Calibration. Even neediness is a useful attraction trigger. Especially to player girls who are looking for an easy mark to sponsor her. Or marriage minded girls. Same thing.

If you want the hot girl, you need to stand out. If standing out were as easy as not paying attention, it would be hard wired into all men's instincts, and there would be no such advice as to be aloof. We'd all know it, because it works.

Ya, but it doesn't. You play to your strenghs, and pull it off as if you aren't even trying and don't care if that particular girl sucks your dick or not. You still have to engage with passion, skill, and finesse.

Not engaging at all is just holding your dick. Engaging while being disinterested is just being an anhedonic Vulcan who is holding his dick.

I’m going to just say it. There is a wide swath of those interested in learning the ins and outs of dating who are autistic, and who think the end game is to become more autistic. To kill off all emotions that remain. To stop getting one-itis. To stop feeling any form of love and affection. To stop feeling any sort of attachment. To stop showing any vulnerability. To stop showing that they are even interested in the girls at all.

Women like passion. Passion is seductive.

Don’t confuse the fact that women don’t like clinging with women liking a lack of emotion altogether.

This is such a huge, huge error in seduction theory. Let’s burn it and dance around pointing and laughing while it dies.

Is it really advanced game 551 to point out that you can show strong interest from the get go? I think not. “Hi – you’re fucking hot!” We’ve seen day gamers on youtube use openers like that all the time. That is some peoples natural style – what they feel – a great part of their allure – their interest in life – their energy. What makes them fun.

Being “aloof”, when that word means anything, is meant to point out that you have abundance and have options and that you are not more emotionally invested in the girl than she is you. It doesn’t mean her big tits don’t make your dick hard.

"Hi, you don't affect my emotions at all. You have have no power over me. Isn't that mysterious and attractive? My name is Ben Stein, master of anhedonia."

Doing it wrong and failing at life. Playing the black keys as don't fuck up game, and calling it game. Not aiming for girls more attractive than the man is physically. Grow out of it. Learn to incorporate passion and interest. If you want to shoot out of your league, you have to work the full piano.