rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

It's better to have guts than brains

Roosh knocked it out of the park on this one.

http://www.rooshv.com/its-better-to-have...han-brains

WIA

It's best to have both [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (10-01-2012 12:20 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Roosh knocked it out of the park on this one.

http://www.rooshv.com/its-better-to-have...han-brains

WIA

100% agree. I ace every IQ test, absolutely suck with women --not AGGRESSIVE enough. They only respond to action; pre-historic wiring.

Wasn't a huge part of the early PUA movement exclusively about getting guys with brains to get guts too? Isn't that the target audience for RSD and those sorts?

If guts are as evolutionary as brains, why do we help noobies?

Very aggressive post from Roosh. I wonder why he posted this now, while he is presumably in DC, and not while he was abroad.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

I agree with the general idea of the post. Being smart is pretty meaningless on its own. Who cares about things, if they only exist inside one's head?

Also remember Pareto distribution, or the 80/20 law: you will get 80% of results from 20% of things you do. Hence, do more

This x100. Who dares, wins.

The question is: is it easier for someone with brains to develop guts or for someone with guts to develop brains?

^^ someone with no brains would have no insight into furthering/mastering their game. Most PUA's started off with just 'brains'...

On topic - Depends what type of 'brains' we are talking about. Certain types of intelligence,such as linguistic or interpersonal intelligence can absolutely boost game, and you would score higher quality women vs meat-head jock. Unfortunately the logical or mathematical aspects will probably equate to nothing (!) when it comes to women.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:50 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

^^ someone with no brains would have no insight into furthering/mastering their game. Most PUA's started off with just 'brains'...

On topic - Depends what type of 'brains' we are talking about. Certain types of intelligence,such as linguistic or interpersonal intelligence can absolutely boost game, and you would score higher quality women vs meat-head jock. Unfortunately the logical or mathematical aspects will probably equate to nothing (!) when it comes to women.

All the guys I know from back in the days that just spat at every single lizard they liked, still pull a substantial amount.

It's a bit like language learning, some of us have taken classes and studied grammar and there are some cats that just went to the country, couldn't speak shyt and just picked it up through regular use.

It's a number game whether we like it or not. As you continue spitting you will get a feeling of when it's going well and when it sucks and you can close accordingly.

Ruling out all the shyt tests and the negging and all that, the person who pulls in a high number, gets the lizard.

Give you an example, I know one guy that I used to roll with in the dot. He's straight from Lagos. He has never picked up a game book in his life. He just comes in the clubs and is technical with it. He strikes out but he also strikes IN.
But he goes out weekly and he has logistics covered (lives smack downtown).
The numbers work out for him.

When I spoke to him about his tactics, they correlated pretty much with the Roosh principles.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

yeah.. just one or just the other can easily get you stuck in a very unproductive rut. in girls/game/health/wealth/life.

To be fair, you could argue the people who just grinded out their PhDs actually didnt have enough brains, at least as applied to career and life success. If they'd really investigated, they might have seen the economics of the higher education bubble and the importance of learning things like marketing/sales/business and developing practical skills they could use to freelance or really be employable. Instead they buried their heads, clung to their PhDs as their golden ticket and now they're working in bakeries etc.

And you can certainly point to people who've worked hard all their lives and hustled with their nose to the grindstones and really not had enough to show for it because they haven't been smart.

IMO it's about being willing to be flexible and adaptive. I think people get in ruts because they disown part of their natural capacities. The PhD disowns his practical wisdom and common sense, clinging to the fact that "being clever" has always worked for him in the past, when deep down he knows that courage, guts, and "soft" skills like sales, marketing and "who you know" are huge success factors.

The failing business owner / hard worker disowns his ability to think and analyse and learn, clinging to the outdated belief that putting in years of "honest days' work" is the only key to success, when deep down he knows needs to get smart and probably read some books and build up his knowledge and get clear on areas of business he's been confused or vague on for years.

Like, everyone KNOWS the things they should be doing but arent. It's all common sense. It's just we don't apply it, for one reason or another. People get stuck in their ways for whatever reasons. The real success key is being willing to do what you know you should be doing...whether that be learning more or taking more decisive action, and being able to do that in the face of discomfort.

Quote: (10-02-2012 12:26 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

yeah.. just one or just the other can easily get you stuck in a very unproductive rut. in girls/game/health/wealth/life.

To be fair, you could argue the people who just grinded out their PhDs actually didnt have enough brains, at least as applied to career and life success. If they'd really investigated, they might have seen the economics of the higher education bubble and the importance of learning things like marketing/sales/business and developing practical skills they could use to freelance or really be employable. Instead they buried their heads, clung to their PhDs as their golden ticket and now they're working in bakeries etc.

And you can certainly point to people who've worked hard all their lives and hustled with their nose to the grindstones and really not had enough to show for it because they haven't been smart.

IMO it's about being willing to be flexible and adaptive. I think people get in ruts because they disown part of their natural capacities. The PhD disowns his practical wisdom and common, clinging to the fact that "being clever" has always worked for him in the past, when deep down he knows that courage, guts, and "soft" skills like sales, marketing and "who you know" are huge success factors.

The failing business owner / hard worker disowns his ability to think and analyse and learn, clinging to the outdated belief that putting in years of "honest days' work" is the only key to success, when deep down he knows needs to get smart and probably read some books and build up his knowledge and get clear on areas of business he's been confused or vague on for years.

Like, everyone KNOWS the things they should be doing but arent. It's all common sense. It's just we don't apply it, for one reason or another. People get stuck in their ways for whatever reasons. The real success key is being willing to do what you know you should be doing...whether that be learning more or taking more decisive action, and being able to do that in the face of discomfort.

Exactly. A friend of mine grinded it out for his finance PhD, been in school for years and racked up who knows how much debt. Now he's asking if my firm hires PhDs. Nope we sure don't, but we do hire kids straight out of state school with 3.7 gpas and pay them $100k+ a year! There is no sure thing, you have to chase the money (and women) not the golden ticket.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Also when it comes to girls, there are PLENTY examples of guys who take alot of action but dont get nearly the results they should because of not learning enough.

The hard-working lawyer-chode or doctor is the perfect example actually! They might put in immense amounts of efforts to be successful, appear attractive, etc etc, take girls out on dates, be the perfect gentleman.. all so they can spend $100 on dinner and get tests and a kiss at the end of the night from a 7!

Perfect example of someone working hard but not smart to get girls. Guys like that can be successful, confident, and go the conventional route to dating girls - but without understandings of game / female psych / female arousal, they expend a huge amount of effort for pretty lame results. You need both, brains/learning and action.

I think all this boils down to is RISK, in pursuit of wealth and women. Doctors and lawyers assume (rightly so) that they will be guaranteed a nice tidy income once they start practicing, but they won't usually ever hit it big. Whereas the business owner and start-up guys are making a big gamble with potential losses that could take years to recover from, at which point they'll have to do it all over again, but they're the guys parking the Lambo and Ferrari's out front once one of those ideas catches.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

A balance of both

I know my audience. Guys who read me already have brains. They need more guts.

It depends what you consider to be 'brains.' Social intelligence and intellectual intelligence are two different things.

I think what we call natural game is really just the fusion of high social intelligence with natural confidence/self worth. Guys might look like complete morons running some of the game they do with chicks, but that doesn't make it unintelligent.

I know the hardest part of coming to game was recognizing that my natural persona of being an introspective guy with intellectual hobbies and a real sense of self awareness/regard for others is actually a problem. Luckily i do have a wild and mischievous side, which its been fun tapping back into.

The success i've had since coming to game has been a result of manning up and just being aggressive. Once i accepted that its actually the way a man is supposed to act, it made being aggressive much easier.

I felt the same way about Roosh's post. Brains without balls means nothing, whether you're chasing girls, money, the championship ring, whatever.

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:29 AM)j r Wrote:  

The question is: is it easier for someone with brains to develop guts or for someone with guts to develop brains?

Neither is easy at all. You can't change your basic personality but you can learn to manage it better.

Basic tendency to anxiety or boldness is built in, read "Galen's Prophecy" where a Harvard researcher somehow got women to let him put infants in somewhat anxious situations as early as a few days old. (They weren't horror situations, just slightly anxiety inducing.) People who were going to be jumpy were that way very very early.

This does not account for traumatic induced anxiety like PTSD, or personality change from brain damage, like people whose frontal lobe is damaged and develop terrible tempers. But those are DECLINES in functioning, while you can't IMPROVE your basic personality a whole lot, you can improve your MANAGEMENT of it a great deal.

I went from not having a date for a few years as a pissed off beta to fucking some girl up the ass while she called me "master"-- and she was a side piece.

You can't upgrade your brain, but if you're ADD you can take drugs and learn better for a while.
You can develop advanced expertise in a field that makes you more valuable.

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:29 AM)j r Wrote:  

I'm living proof that 'guts' can be developed. Let me share bits of my story.

In high school I was the kid in the all the AP classes, yet I had severe social anxiety. If I stepped foot into a mall or even walking through the halls at school I would sweat and shake. Talking to girls? Fuckin forget about it. I remember it took me months to ask this (ugly) girl out and she said no. I was in a severe car accident when I was 13 which destroyed my nose requiring surgery. Needless to say I feared driving and would shake the minute I stepped foot into a car. This lasted for years, I barely passed my driving test and was still scared shitless if I had to drive probably up until age 20.

In college my eyes were opened and I lost most of my inhibitons mainly due to alcohol. But still I was a kid who had lots of fear inside. I got some ass in college but it was few and far in between.

It wasn't until after college when I really began to become myself and develop the guts that I never had when I was younger. I attribute this to several factors.

1) I began lifting weights consistently
2) I started to train in BJJ
3) I started approaching and banging women and dived into game.
4) I got a sense of my own mortality. Once I got through being hospitalized for a few weeks, much of which I was hooked up to a dilaudid iv, nothing fazed me anymore.
5) I went skydiving.
6) I took steps to do things that I feared consistently.
7) I meditated on death and reality realizing that all feelings will pass, including any fear I had.
8) I started tackling challenges and projects, trying to master them one by one.

Funny thing is if you meet me today, you would never think that I had these previous experiences. People meet me and think I'm just a cool guy with good social skills. When I do something ballsy, people I've known for just a few years think I was always this way.

I disagree that you can't change your personality, because I did just that.

When I'm balls deep in some hot girl I sometimes have a flash of how I used to be. It reminds me to not to take things for granted, to remember that things weren't always good. It reminds me to always keep working harder, and getting better.