rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finland- Turku and Helsinki

I've heard that Finnish people (suomi) are very difficult to read and are usually quite shy, but the women are beautiful. What makes Abo so unique is that it is mainly Swedish speaking and Swedish heritage, and Swedes are notoriously cute/hot. The nice thing is, Finland's welfare system doesn't make for the hardcore feminism which is going on in Sweden.

The only bad thing is that the Fennoswedes view themselves as better than the Finns, so I'll have to deal with the whole bitchiness of the girls. Thankfully I'm well prepared with American game to deal with that.

My question is, has anyone here been to Turku (I've done a search, no results) or near where I'm visiting? If not, has anyone been to Finland in general? Any answers will be appreciated.

Also, I'll be compiling a datasheet on both Helsinki and Turku when I return in the late spring of next year. It'll be interesting. Thanks guys.

(Finland outside of Helsinki)

Quote: (09-28-2012 01:54 PM)Aer Wrote:  

I've heard that Finnish people (suomi) are very difficult to read and are usually quite shy, but the women are beautiful.

[Image: raikkonenmoodsih8.jpg]

What makes Abo so unique is that it is mainly Swedish speaking and Swedish heritage, and Swedes are notoriously cute/hot.

This might be true for Åbo Akademi but only 5.3 % of the population of the city of Turku were Swedish speaking as of 2011. I cannot tell the difference between Swedish-speaking and Finnish-speaking persons by the appearance. This is due to a simple reason: most of the Swedish-speakers have a Finnish ancestry, not Swedish. Also a large portion of the students at Åbo's Swedish-speaking programs are Finns.

My question is, has anyone here been to Turku (I've done a search, no results) or near where I'm visiting? If not, has anyone been to Finland in general? Any answers will be appreciated.

I as wrote on the previous thread, Turku is a nice summer city due to its cultural significance and background as a student city but that's really about it. To me, there is nothing really interesting happening during the winter time and not much do either at the countryside near the city.

Based on the facts I presented on the previous thread, I would still choose Tampere over Turku if Helsinki is not an option.

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:46 PM)Luomu Wrote:  

(Finland outside of Helsinki)

I've heard that Finnish people (suomi) are very difficult to read and are usually quite shy, but the women are beautiful.

[Image: raikkonenmoodsih8.jpg]

What makes Abo so unique is that it is mainly Swedish speaking and Swedish heritage, and Swedes are notoriously cute/hot.

This might be true for Åbo Akademi but only 5.3 % of the population of the city of Turku were Swedish speaking as of 2011. I cannot tell the difference between Swedish-speaking and Finnish-speaking persons by the appearance. This is due to a simple reason: most of the Swedish-speakers have a Finnish ancestry, not Swedish. Also a large portion of the students at Åbo's Swedish-speaking programs are Finns.

I as wrote on the previous thread, Turku is a nice summer city due to its cultural significance and background as a student city but that's really about it. To me, there is nothing really interesting happening during the winter time and not much do either at the countryside near the city.

Based on the facts I presented on the previous thread, I would still choose Tampere over Turku if Helsinki is not an option.

Thanks a lot, it's relatively interesting that you say that it's a summer city. I had two options actually, Oulu or Turku. Oulu's ridiculously far north. No thanks.

Quote: (09-29-2012 07:05 PM)Aer Wrote:  

I had two options actually, Oulu or Turku. Oulu's ridiculously far north. No thanks.

For the future record, Turku and Oulu have both about the same population size and the distance to other major cities (about 150-200 km or 100-120 miles). On the other hand, 5.3 % of the people of Turku are foreigners. The same figure for Oulu is 2.6 %. You would then definitely have more exotic factor at the latter than the former city. Both cities have much more women than men between the ages of 20 and 24 (i.e. students).

Quote: (09-30-2012 12:37 AM)Luomu Wrote:  

Quote: (09-29-2012 07:05 PM)Aer Wrote:  

I had two options actually, Oulu or Turku. Oulu's ridiculously far north. No thanks.

For the future record, Turku and Oulu have both about the same population size and the distance to other major cities (about 150-200 km or 100-120 miles). On the other hand, 5.3 % of the people of Turku are foreigners. The same figure for Oulu is 2.6 %. You would then definitely have more exotic factor at the latter than the former city. Both cities have much more women than men between the ages of 20 and 24 (i.e. students).

I tried to find the ratios of women to men at Abo, but I couldn't find anything in English. Would you be willing to give me the statistics of the uni? I have no idea what the gender ratio is.

Quote: (09-30-2012 12:39 PM)Aer Wrote:  

I tried to find the ratios of women to men at Abo, but I couldn't find anything in English. Would you be willing to give me the statistics of the uni? I have no idea what the gender ratio is.

You asked me the same question on the previous thread:
Quote:Quote:

The Statistics in Finnish for year 2011
- The University of Oulu: 7864 men and 7427 females (48.6 %)
- Åbo Akademi: 2691 men and 3868 females (59.0 %)
- The University of Turku: 6972 men and 10712 females (60.6 %)
- The University of Tampere: 5465 men and 10227 females (65.2 %)

I just come back from Turku. It feels like a dead city because it's so small. In Helsinki there are more nightlife opportunities. Man-Woman ratio is excellent, though most dudes are finfags. U can steal their woman without resistance.

Hi,

I lived in Turku for 3 years and I think it's a great place for pickup. Great chick/guy ratio and a lot of students. Smaller cities are much easier in Finland to meet chicks and get phone numbers. You have actually a bigger edge being a foreigner in Turku than for example Helsinki. I gamed a lot and got good results there. It's actually a cool place to go out, changing venues, transportation and logistics are simple. My favorite places were:

Dynamo: good music, good dj's, not so easy for pickup. Everybody tends to go in their own group.

Klubi: good music, lots of young chicks. Got good results over there.

Blanko: sometimes they have good dj's. It's a bit snobbier too. You can meet hot chicks over there.
Edison: It's a bar near the library. A lot of girls go there.

The good thing about the above is that they're not the classic butcher shop kind of place. It's much easier to pickup. Then there are other places where student parties are organized. You can actually meet chicks in student parties. Try to find out when these are organized. Places like Börs, Marylin are ok when there are parties. There's also a place called Forte but it's full of foreigners just looking at the girls dancing. All are worth checking out, you never know when you can get lucky... There's another small bar called Gringo which sucks but sometimes I met young chicks starting the night over there. They actually added water to the beer over there!
The best days are usually Saturdays. That's when most chicks are in guy searching mode. But Sundays Wednesdays and Fridays are decent also. I hope this helps. I should write a more thorough description about Turku somewhere. If you have anything to ask, send me a msg. Maybe we can meet up someday if you want.