rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much do you spend a month?

In the thread where Roosh dropped his Euro budget, guys started talking monthly expenses.

I'm curious what you all drop. I'm also curious what type of place you live (major metro, medium city, small city, small town) in. Most of all I'm curious to know: Would more money change your life?

Me: Major metro. (Top #10 expensive places to live in U.S.)

According to mint.com (is there a data sheet on that site? It's the bomb), my average monthly spending is $5,200. That includes lighter months like $4,600 that average out heavier months like the holidays ($8,100 and $8,800 in Dec. and Jan. respectively). ETA: student loans. So I'm $5,200 to live my lifestyle each month.

I'm self-employed so I owe quarterly taxes, so I didn't include those, as that would raise my monthly "all in" considerably.

More money would not change my life. Ignoring the "how to add in taxes to calculate monthly expense" issue...If I earned $5,200 a month after taxes, I could live the life I desire.

If I want something, I buy it. Most of my money goes towards food, gym memberships, supplements, and books.

I do not have a taste for what guys spend a lot of money on...no watches, custom suits, no house (I rent and have a roommate), and my car is a POS.

If you gave me a million dollars, I wouldn't upgrade my car or apartment and I wouldn't buy a Rolex.

Quote: (09-27-2012 06:03 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

In the thread where Roosh dropped his Euro budget, guys started talking monthly expenses.

I'm curious what you all drop. I'm also curious what type of place you live (major metro, medium city, small city, small town) in. Most of all I'm curious to know: Would more money change your life?

My total monthly is about 5K of fixed costs (includes food, mortgage, etc.). Discretionary spending not included. If I include that, it's maybe 6K/month at most. Major metro area. Everyone should have a spreadsheet on google docs or mint.com so that they can immediately answer this question.

Would more money change my life? Depends on how much more. Unlike Mike, I would buy a nicer car, but I recognize it wouldn't really change my life in any meaningful way. Meaningful change actually costs very little monetarily: working out, juicing, approaching more women, etc. It's not expensive, but it's hard.

I also pretty much can buy whatever I want. I could, for example, go and drop 2K on a Zegna suit, although it might get a little uncomfortable, but I could do it. Hell I just paid that much in vet bills.

I think to really change my life I would need about 10M cash.

$3-3.5K average monthly. Major USA city top 10.

$500k-$1M liquid would change my life forever would leave the country forever. (goal by 30-32)

Custom suits etc have a few nice items for work. Not for game. Only for game when I'm in a rut.

I hate nice cars
I hate homes
I hate jewelry watches and shit
I hate spending money on anything that doesn't make me healthier, smarter, bigger, faster, stronger

Will drop coin on shoes since they are net cash positive if you buy very high end and take care of them.

Mint is legit, the transfers on there are fucked up though because they assume it is not cash out, if for example you transfer cash to your family. (Lmk if you want a sheet but its pretty much just an automated spending tracker)

Problem is my income can vary dramatically, so you can have a 30% save month and a 60% followed by a negative 40%... I do a lot o shady hustling that's for sure.

Quote: (09-27-2012 06:03 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

I do not have a taste for what guys spend a lot of money on...no watches, custom suits, no house (I rent and have a roommate), and my car is a POS.

If you gave me a million dollars, I wouldn't upgrade my car or apartment and I wouldn't buy a Rolex.

Same here. Every single word of it.

My monthly expenses are as follows. These are my expenses after paying the expenses associated with my law practice. I'm pretty sure that the overhead for my law practice is the lowest of any lawyer in the state in which I practice. It may even be one of the lowest of any lawyer in the United States. It's a complete joke.

Rent: $900.00
Car insurance: $95.00
Cell phone: $115.00
Gas: $700.00
Clothes: $500.00
Food: $1,200 (I eat like a pig. Much more than anyone I know. I also do more cardio and therefore burn more calories than about 99% of the population)
Gym membership: $40.00 ( I pay a yearly fee of about $500.00 every January 1. I think they give me some kind of deal. Gym owners hate me because I hang around all the time and wear down the equipment)

This is it. I pay for all of this in cash. No credit card payments. No car payments. No mortgage. No child support. No alimony. As of tomorrow, no student loans. In my opinion, this is a formula for not having any financial problems ever.

If more money won't change your life, you need to expand your imagination. To those who say it won't, I wonder if you travel much and how far do you travel, when you vacate?
From travelling, you reach in your pockets and having a fat wad to work with can make the experience much better.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Well, this is no fun I blew my nut on the other thread! Honestly I'm terrible with money but very good at getting more, fast. When I opened my own place around 11 years ago I was writing down how much I cleared between selling cars/bikes and fixing them. I also used to by Porsche and part them out. I was from 3 to 9k a week and I spent all of it buying cars and bikes on ebay when I was drunk and restoring raceboats, building choppers and chasing ass. I've actually bought and had shipped a platinum yamaha vmax off ebay wasted and it just showed up from Vegas on a truck and I didn't remember making the transaction.

Anyway, shit got bad there for a couple years and people just didn't seem to have money anymore so I wasn't making as much but also I spend so much time with my kid I don't go to auctions or anything for 4 years now. Shit is picking up big time the last few months and cash is flowing again.

This time I'm going to stack paper. I started a thread on trying to hide it. I'm doing my drunk shopping off amazon these days (cheaper)

Quote: (09-27-2012 06:29 PM)Moma Wrote:  

If more money won't change your life, you need to expand your imagination. To those who say it won't, I wonder if you travel much and how far do you travel, when you vacate?
From travelling, you reach in your pockets and having a fat wad to work with can make the experience much better.

When I was with my ex, we went through aroudn 20K a month. Lots of expensive travel, trips to wine country, trips to wine bars, new clothes, new shoes, dining out, bottles of wine, cigars, total material self-indulgence.

I've lived the materialistic "good life." It ain't so good.

The things that give me enjoyment don't cost much money. I like books, coffee/tea, sex (with game, sex is cheap), my dog, good friends, lifting weights (having a good body makes sex cheaper), seeing beautiful structures, looking at the sunset, walking near the ocean.

If you rent in the right place, you get the best of everything for free.

I'm going to do an African safari one of these years.

http://www.londolozi.com/en/home/

That'll only be $10K all in. If I saved for two years, that's only an extra $416 a month.

Would it change my life if I could travel whenever wherever?

Not really.

I don't feel the compulsion to travel right now.

Damn you guys spend a lot. I'm a student, but my parents pay for my food/housing/tuition. I hardly spend $ either. I'll calculate this for post grad. I live in one of the most expensive cities in north America.

Rent: $650/month (roommates, but a big place)
Food: $350/month
Entertainment: $100/month

Total: $1100

When I'm out of school and have a job ill probably throw another $200 in for other expenses because I pretty much don't buy anything.

Perfectly doable on minimum wage here $10/hr, but I wouldn't be saving very much.

I try to spend around 1,000 month living in the DR. When I have money, I spend around 2,500 month and when I don't have money $650 month. I started keep track of where my money went and this has helped me. I was spending all my money Thrus night-Sunday night.

Quote: (09-27-2012 07:24 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Damn you guys spend a lot. I'm a student, but my parents pay for my food/housing/tuition. I hardly spend $ either. I'll calculate this for post grad. I live in one of the most expensive cities in north America.

Rent: $650/month (roommates, but a big place)
Food: $350/month
Entertainment: $100/month

Total: $1100

When I'm out of school and have a job ill probably throw another $200 in for other expenses because I pretty much don't buy anything.

Perfectly doable on minimum wage here $10/hr, but I wouldn't be saving very much.

Is Vancouver more expensive than Toronto? Break down rent in Vancouver for me. As well as car insurance. Do you lot have LCBO as well? Or can you buy your liquor anywhere?

I am so glad I am away from that nanny bullshyt of buying liquor from designated stores.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Area: Greater London
Rent: $775 (Mid-sized double room)
Food: $250
Transportation : $200
Entertainment : $250
Gym: $35
Movies: $35
Phone: $40
Total = $1585

Quote: (09-27-2012 08:01 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

Total = $1585

Are we talking quid or dollars, mate?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (09-27-2012 08:25 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2012 08:01 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

Total = $1585

Are we talking quid or dollars, mate?

Dollars, mate! Converted them all to dollars.

After taxes, I make around 900 each month while I'm in school. My parents take care of my gas and phone bill. After I pay for rent, electricity, water/trash, food, and alcohol...

[Image: 7adRO.jpg]

I haven't saved money in months.

It's a good thing I saved nearly every penny I earned while I was working in high school or I'd be screwed. I do need to change something up though. I can't keep digging 100 dollars out of my savings each month to pay for rent.

An extra four hours of work each week might do the trick.

That Mint site is great, thanks for posting. For me it depends on whether I'm working or not, when I'm at work (in a remote industrial town of about 100K) all my expenses are paid for; condo, truck, gas, food. My only bill is my monthly cell phone bill of about $100. I like to bank as much money as I can but also have enough to do quite a bit of extended travelling.

I sold most my shit (truck, furniture,etc) and put the rest in storage last September and also rented out my condo and moved into the company place. Now whenever I'm not working I will spend my free time, which will be about 6 months per year, anywhere I want. So far its been 4 months in Colombia where my monthly expenses were about $4000 per month.

I'm planning on hitting up Thailand next and lowering my monthly expenses.

I spend whatever the fuck I want a month. Then when I run out I go back to work. My parent taught me well. Enjoy life while you are able. And as the great Southern Prophets said:

Live it like you stole it. This is the ONLY chance you'll get on this planet. I do, and members on the forum are watching me RIGHT NOW!

The only I hear is "what I should've done". Gents, your life is now.

to contrast western cancers post, I'm in the same city, Vancouver, but in a different position with an established business and part of my expenses go with the job, have to portray a certain image.

Mortgage+ utilities and general house bills: 2500 per month
Car insurance: 200 per month
Gas: 1000 per month
Entertainment: 1000 per month
Food: 1000 per month ( eat out a lot so this gets inflated)
Supplements vitamins gym : 600 per month
Phone : 100 per month
clothing: 500 per month
misc : 500 per month

7200-7500 per month is about average but I get to write off a chunk of it.

Quote: (09-27-2012 06:46 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

When I was with my ex, we went through aroudn 20K a month. Lots of expensive travel, trips to wine country, trips to wine bars, new clothes, new shoes, dining out, bottles of wine, cigars, total material self-indulgence.

I've lived the materialistic "good life." It ain't so good.

When I was in grad school I was around motherfuckers who came from money and wanted to make their life look like a Dockers commercial. When I was a part of it first hand, I remember thinking "this shit is pretty lame... and this is what Americans aspire to?"

That's a much more boring life than people from the outside looking in realize. No name stamped on your clothes, expensive bottle of wine, or fancy hood ornament changes that.

West Hollywood, CA

Rent: 1300
No car
Free gym use
most of my food is free (probably the biggest and best perk of being a chef. I want 100 lb of grassfed steaks? A phone call away. Charge it to 'special events')
Restaurants and Bars: about 500 monthly
W/ everything else, bills, health supplements, clothing it comes out to $2800/month. I could afford to spend a lot more but I'm saving for a car, and like keeping things liquid.

As for the car... Here's the thing: I don't give a shit about impressing bitches, I know cars aren't really worth shit for that, compared to game. But I LOVE driving. I got paid to do a wedding catering over the summer, they got me a rental car which I upgraded to a blue GT500 on their dime and was out in the Arizona dessert driving 120 like a lunatic, I love that shit, I was in heaven. I want something nice and something fast.

If I had unlimited funds? I'd keep a few condos all over the world and rent them out when I'm not around. I'd have one somewhere in southern california. This place will always be home to me, either in L.A., Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, something like that. Someplace pimp with plenty of room and keep my ride, ideally a mint condition '68 GT500 (quarter life crisis anyone?) or go the opposite spectrum and keep an Aventador in the garage. While I've got my home base in SoCal I'd spend as much time as I want travelling. Preferably keep a condo somewhere in Europe, one in Singapore, and one in SA somewhere. Keep one yacht in Florida, another in the mediterannean. Fly first class everywhere. Throw my birthday parties on Easter Island and ship over a bunch of zoo animals and lingerie models.

Hey, a guy can dream...

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Brighton,UK.

Rent: £400
Council Tax: £105
Electricity and Gas: £70
Food: £400
Gym: £30
Nights out: £100 ( this will increase from now on )
Incidentals including Phone: £150

Total spend: £1250 ( about $1700 )

That does not include occasional one off expenses like my trips away which never come in at less then £500. The best thing I did to save money was get rid of the car,saves me a lot.

Somewhere rural in Georgia
Well, a week I got a free stay in a hotel for a week for training, now gotta pay like 65usd/month, spent 30usd on 5gb mobile internet, already spend 100-110usd on medical tests, going out, phone bills. Maybe another 130usd on travels within 2weeks, it goes to 335usd for 30days. Yeah gotta cut down on expense, considering my income is fucking low now.
I remember the times when I would blow 200-250usd excluding plane/train tickets on traveling, now gotta live simple.

Basel, Switzerland
1 CHF = 1.07 USD

All costs are in CHF and per month

Rent: 1110
Gym: 65
Mobile: 75
Transport pass: 75
Cable: 65
House Cleaning: 60
Office canteen lunch: 315
Groceries shopping: 180
Dinner out on weekends: 120
Weekends (Bar/Clubs): 160

Total: 2225 CHF (2381 USD)

$3000 rent
$1100 food
$600 car
$140 gas
$60 insurance
$140 cleaning lady
$35 life insurance
$300 misc
$200 cable internet phone
$40 dry cleaning
$300 dinner out
$300 clothes (average for year)
$250 training/gym

$6545

plus $1900 child support!

$8445

plus then savings for savings, travel, retirement, etc.

1900 child support? Ouch! Don't tell me you have a decent income and she makes 0 right?

Quote: (09-28-2012 08:37 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

1900 child support? Ouch! Don't tell me you have a decent income and she makes 0 right?

i make almost three times what she makes

i'm paying just a slight premium to what the law would have me pay.

about 15% higher.

its for two kids BTW

and she is a frugal bitch, so i'm not worried about the money going into gucci bags and bullshit. she'll sell something on craig's list for $5.