rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meal replacement bars

Meal replacement bars

I'm trying to eat some sort of Paleo-low carb diet. Sometimes on the go I have no choices and get hungry. I'm looking for something that I can eat in replacement in a hurry.

Meal replacement bars

I travel often and usually use travel to incorporate random intermittent-fasting. There are a LOT of benefits from random intermittent fasts, including programming your hunger avoidance.

I don't really like packaged goods, but I usually toss a bag or two of pork rinds in my carry-on if I need to snack.

If you can handle it, try making your own pemmican. It keeps forever without refrigeration, and is actually pretty tasty (once you acquire that taste).

Meal replacement bars

I'm looking for specific brand names that I can pick up at the store.

Meal replacement bars

Most any brand at GNC is decent. Look for the one's with least carbs/fat. Here's an alternative:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-oa...000549848/

Have your ho's bake it for you. Cut off a square in the morning and put it in a ziplock bag. Have them cut back on the sugar a bit. I see a difference in not being on an oatmeal regiment every morning.

Meal replacement bars

Small baggies of almonds.

If you prefer a bar of some type, try the Kind Bars. They aren't 100% paleo (they contain puffed rice) but they are made from simple, all natural ingredients as well as wheat and gluten free. The almonds and coconut make them high in fat too so they do a better job at holding you over while you're on the go.
http://www.amazon.com/KIND-Almond-Coconu...B0034EDMCW

Meal replacement bars

[Image: macho-man-slim-jim.jpg]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Meal replacement bars

@dude3737- Can you come up with a healthier baked oatmeal recipe?

Meal replacement bars

Try this one:

[Image: attachment.jpg7897]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Meal replacement bars

Scenario: I'm at a hotel room. Just pounded out and I'm hungry and half drunk it's 2am. I'm in these situations often if I had some bars in my car I can just grab one before I pass out. Which one?

Meal replacement bars

Quote: (09-26-2012 11:43 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Scenario: I'm at a hotel room. Just pounded out and I'm hungry and half drunk it's 2am. I'm in these situations often if I had some bars in my car I can just grab one before I pass out. Which one?

Power bars aren't satisfying after sex. You need something hot. Go with some cup o' raman or preorder some pizza and leave in the fridge.

Meal replacement bars

Quote: (09-26-2012 11:48 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Power bars aren't satisfying after sex. You need something hot. Go with some cup o' raman or preorder some pizza and leave in the fridge.

Exactly!

Meal replacement bars

Quote: (09-26-2012 11:48 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

No. I'm talking a bar here that's in a wrapper from the place that made it. Not keeping a can of spaghettios in my glovebox or having a pizza waiting or McDonalds drive thru or baking and making and packaging my own.

Meal replacement bars

What about some beef jerky? Filling, tasty, high protein and keeps forever.

You can get other types of jerky too: turkey, salmon, etc.

Only downside is that it's expensive.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Meal replacement bars

Quote: (09-26-2012 11:27 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Try this one:

Imagine Emech and his girl eating 5-6 in the bed. He'll wake up looking like a kitty litter covered cat turd. [Image: banana.gif]

Meal replacement bars

Quote: (09-26-2012 11:00 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

@dude3737- Can you come up with a healthier baked oatmeal recipe?

Never really heard of baked oatmeal. When I make it stovetop I use the McCann's steel cut oats. Shit takes like 45 min to cook but it's worth it. At the restaurant I serve it with a dried fruit compote, some buttermilk, and cinnamon

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Meal replacement bars

These are my favorite..

Perfect Foods Bar

But honestly, it might be easier to just buy a bag of trail mix.

I always have some dried fruits and nuts in my car.

Meal replacement bars

make your own!

3 cups jumbo oats.5 scoops whey.3-5 tablespoons of peanut butter,cinnamon if you like/stevia etc.mix into a paste and press into a tin and leave in the fridge.cut into pieces.work out macros yourself.BOOMTOWN

Meal replacement bars

I've eaten of those meal replacement bars. They pass them out in war zones by the crate. The name should be "sustainment bars". They are in no way satisfying, and you will be hungry 30 minutes later.

Emech, you should put together a bugout bag for players. I used to do this in the states. Travel hygiene kit, change of clothes, and left it in the truck. It's nice in case you get into a one night stand. Add some shelf food to the bag.

Meal replacement bars

Quote: (09-26-2012 02:45 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I've eaten of those meal replacement bars. They pass them out in war zones by the crate. The name should be "sustainment bars". They are in no way satisfying, and you will be hungry 30 minutes later.

Emech, you should put together a bugout bag for players. I used to do this in the states. Travel hygiene kit, change of clothes, and left it in the truck. It's nice in case you get into a one night stand. Add some shelf food to the bag.
Yeah in bar form that I buy from the store. That's what I asked not how I can cook gourmet meal bars at 2am in a hotel room or how to keep food in my 150 degree car that's in the Florida sun all day. A healthy bar meal replacement that I can buy from the store.

I found those that Gio posted nearby. Thanks Gio

Meal replacement bars

You're welcome. The almond butter one is my favorite.

Keep them in a shady spot so they don't melt.

Meal replacement bars

I not the biggest fan of protein bars either, I don't think they are all that healthy...maybe better than McDonalds at 2am though.

That being said, Chef Jay's used to be my favorite brand when I would eat protein bars.

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/i/1272/chef-...2-bars.htm

Meal replacement bars

I eat the shit out of these: http://www.clifbar.com/.

As far as the healthy diet angle, I have no idea. I just think they are very tasty and 7-11 by my house has multiple flavors. You feel like you just a meal after you eat these. You should still have a good dinner, though.

Aloha!

Meal replacement bars

there are only 2 low carb protein bars that I know of

1) Quest Bars
2) CarbRite Diet Bars

google them both.

Meal replacement bars

Kellogs Cereal Bars, Nature Valley Oats & Honey & ON Protein DIet Bars