rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yellow Fever Shot For Brazil???

Going to Rio, Florianoplis and a few places up the coast on the East. Do you need to show proof of yellow fever shot to get into certain cities or areas of Brazil? I already have my Visa but would hate to be turned away for not having my yellow fever shot card. I will be coming in through Argentina. I know that if you stay on the coast they say I should be okay without having to get it but wanted to know if anybody has any experience with this?

Quote: (01-26-2010 08:07 PM)gentleman23 Wrote:  

Going to Rio, Florianoplis and a few places up the coast on the East. Do you need to show proof of yellow fever shot to get into certain cities or areas of Brazil? I already have my Visa but would hate to be turned away for not having my yellow fever shot card. I will be coming in through Argentina. I know that if you stay on the coast they say I should be okay without having to get it but wanted to know if anybody has any experience with this?

it's only a requirement to get the shot if you have been in Colombia the last 90 days. Otherwise it's optional.

I personally hate getting shots, but I'd rather get a shot than miss out on my colombianas and Brasileiras!

Regardless, get the shot. However I think you have to wait 10 days after you get the shot to travel into Brazil.

I have only been asked for it once. During carnavale season! Which is right Bout now.

Ny the way, if you are asked for it, it will be a seperate counter right befor you reach the Policia Federal that allows you entry into the country.

If you have not been in Colombia the last 90 days, the you are not required to have it. I recommend getting it anyway. Yellow fever is nothing to mess with if you are going to be near the amazon cities.

Once inside brazil, nobody will ask you for it like the cops for example.

It's a good idea to hit the travel clinic before you go to these places anyway.

They'll tell you what is recommended for each area.

There are other concerns, like various Hep strains, and so on. And now, in some parts of Argentina, Dengue Fever.

I will be going in form argentina and know I wont need it to get into brazil/rio but if I decide to go to the falls then that is considered "yellow fever" area and not sure if they will let me out. Does anybody know if you can get the shot by doctors while you are inside South America?

I can't remember if it was the yellow fever or typhoid fever shot but the side-effect was making me nauseous all day.

I have heard of that before

It was the typhoid shot I now recall. It wasn't that bad though. Probably because I went in with an empty stomach. Doctor said it's best to eat something before that one.

For me it was a requirement from my country to travel and come back from Brazil, but in Brazil, they didn't ask for it, so it is your call (i didn't bother going to get the shot, hate clinics)

But when I was a teenager, I went on a family trip to North Brazil and ended up in Manaus, when I got back home, a few days later my hepatitis began...hehe I enjoyed it, though, 1 month without going to school and full attention at home was perfect, except for the pains the first week.

Quote:Quote:

t's only a requirement to get the shot if you have been in Colombia the last 90 days.

I came to Brazil from colombia and wasn't asked about it. It's never enforced

I just talked to my friend in argentina. He said that "IF" I really want it I can get it in Argentina. He said there is travel doctors there that can give me the shot.

Quote: (01-27-2010 10:58 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

t's only a requirement to get the shot if you have been in Colombia the last 90 days.

I came to Brazil from colombia and wasn't asked about it. It's never enforced

Roosh - I respectfully disagree with you. It is not enforced 95% of the time. By now, you know Brazilians are unpredictable and ass-backwards.

I have traveled to Brazil over 30x in the last 3 years, and was asked for it on 2 occasions:

1st Time: During Carnavale week in Sao Paolo (GRU) - There was a seperate counter right before you reach Policia Federal - and they ask you for it.

2nd Time: During the Pan-American olympic games in 2008!

Now, out of 30+ times I have travelled there, and only be asked for it on 2 occasions makes it a rare, and an unlikely request - but Brazilians are never consistent!

They did not check just me, but the entire plane flying in from Colombia (passengers only).

On both ocasions, it was entering through Sao Paolo GRU. Never in Rio, which I entered from MIami about a dozen times.

My advice - if you are a gambling man, and love both Colombia and Brazil as I do, then don't get it - and take a risk. I am strongly against dead viruses in my body for the sake of building antibodies! I did however, get the shot about 4 years ago along with hepatitis shot.

However, be wary, that at anytime, the Brazilian Policia Federal can choose to fuck with you if they see you have been to Colombia in the 90 days prior to your request for entry into Brazil - and out of the gate, start your trip off on a bad note!

** sidebar.

I have not had the opportunity to tell you how much I really enjoyed your book - Bang! At one point, during the weasel into the bathroom technique I was laffin' so hard I was actually crying - simply because that has happened to me before, and it was just as you described! LOL

It would be really cool to swoop girls with you one day in any part of the world so I can show you some Spaniard/Latino skills! ;-)

My .02

Bump. Anyone know if this is required now? Apparently there was an outbreak last year, travel clinics in NY are charging $200-300 for the shot due to low supply...

Quote: (09-25-2018 07:47 PM)winterfell Wrote:  

Bump. Anyone know if this is required now? Apparently there was an outbreak last year, travel clinics in NY are charging $200-300 for the shot due to low supply...

I was there about 6 months ago and never needed one. I haven't heard of that changing recently.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Yes there was an outbreak and it was required from what I remember. Colombia will not let you enter without the vaccination also. I was there not too long ago.

The price is set due to the global producer of the vaccine accidentally contaminating their supply causing a world wide shortage. This meant that the vaccine was given only to people going to the country or people already in the area.

In February you didn’t need one to get in, but the list of countries you needed it for to go to directly from Brazil was incredibly long. The shots were free in Brazil though and they give you the paper you need to travel.

If there's a shot to cure yellow fever, count me out.

Quote: (09-25-2018 10:40 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

If there's a shot to cure yellow fever, count me out.

There isn't. They stick you in a bed, plug you in to IVs, and give you serious pain meds. Then, they treat you symptomatically and basically wait it out.

Currently out of office.

Its worth just getting it. Its a minimal cost, it helps for piece of mind, it lasts anywhere from 10 years to life, and its required for plenty of countries around the world.

American here, I just flew DFW-GRU and back, in August. No mentions of anything like that. This was my 3rd trip to Brasil in the past 3 years, no mentions ever of any shots required.

To add to what I said earlier, while it probably isn't required to go, assuming the shots are still free in Brazil you should get it while you are there. It takes a couple minutes, hardly hurts at all... and I fucking hate needles... but the people that I know that got it in Brazil said it fucking sucks and thought I was a complete idiot for not having the vaccination at the time. The reason I ended up getting the shot is they wouldn't even let me board my flight to Nicaragua without it.

There is no harm in getting it. If you can afford it and its not a hassle go for it.

My gut reaction to the thread title was OP just spent a stint in Asia and was looking for a fix to reacclimate himself to big butt Latinas.

Quote: (09-26-2018 02:24 PM)Trumpian Wrote:  

My gut reaction to the thread title was OP just spent a stint in Asia and was looking for a fix to reacclimate himself to big butt Latinas.

There's no fix.

Once you go Asian, you don't go Caucasian.