rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone else see Parallels between 1984 women and USA W??

A summary of Chapter Six of 1984, talks about sex and love in the fictional dystopia of 1984.

Winston had been married once, to a woman named Katherine. It had been a party approved marriage but he had soon found life with her impossible. The fact that she did not have a single original thought and simply functioned as a party mouthpiece was bad enough. But what had been truly unbearable was the sex. Winston would not have minded remaining celibate, but Katherine insisted they go through the process at fixed intervals to “fulfill their duty to the Party” by producing a child. And each time, it was clear to Winston that she hated the act and was merely submitting passively. When no children appeared they parted with Party approval and mutual relief.
His encounter with the prostitute also had been a farce as he realized when he saw the woman in the light she was aged and wrinkled and he did not feel the slightest attraction for her. But he had sex with her anyway as if it was the inevitable thing to do. In fact all his relationships had left him revolted and disgusted and he longed for one proper relation with some personal warmth of feeling involved. But that seemed an impossible dream in the circumstances.
Writing about his experience with the prostitute and with his wife had been extremely difficult, but he had undertaken it hoping that it would serve a therapeutic purpose. But when he had finished entering it in his diary, he found that the therapy had not worked, he felt as sick and full of self-loathing as before.
He realized that the sexual act in a fulfilling sense would be an act of rebellion. The Party tried to make its women asexual and desire was ranked high among the list of thoughtcrimes. If he could break that barrier of indoctrination in at least one relationship, he felt he would be seriously challenging the Party. But he had no hope that such a relationship was possible.

For those that have also had relationships with foreign girls whether at home or abroad, did you also feel like you had, "broken free" and were rebelling in a way? I did. I felt like I had beaten the system. America wants you to accept their bondage to the corporate state. Don't accept it.

This will be my last post because I'm not a big gamer of women in the sense that I understand how they are, but still am more relationship oriented with maybe a mistress on the side to keep my mind sharp. I hold traditional views of female and male roles in life. I don't think I can contribute much to this forum except I want to say one thing to the American guys: GET OUT! February 2013 is the date of my flight out. I will not be coming back to the states for a LONG time. However you can, whenever you can, just take the plunge and escape. Don't get stuck here in this country. The grass truly is greener across the pond. Especially to the posters and lurkers (not everyone) around here who I suspect aren't getting much ass here in the states. Life is about having sex. It makes you happier. If you aren't getting it, your missing out, and you should change what your doing.

Quote: (09-19-2012 02:06 AM)KorbenDallas Wrote:  

A summary of Chapter Six of 1984, talks about sex and love in the fictional dystopia of 1984.

Winston had been married once, to a woman named Katherine. It had been a party approved marriage but he had soon found life with her impossible.

I like your post but you're kind of being a sourpuss by just posting and not being willing to get involved in a discussion.

I think the idea which I cannot escape when living in Murka is the level of fundamental alienation between men and women here interfering here with Man Woman relationships. Of any kind, from one night to fifty years.

I really think I can function and get laid more while still having some kind of positive vision of mutual benefit to MWREL.

Towards the harsher end of the PUA spectrum is a view I see as viewing women as opaque, passive recipients of game, this is a little too dreary for me. Information is fungible, you can pick your own reality to a certain extent, and you can pick and make one based on what you want to see-- within limits.

But I haven't answered your question:

Why are men and women so alienated?

"Because the goal of capitalism is to reduce all human interaction to the cash nexus." Why call or meet your friends when you can facebook them?

I respectfully disagree with the OP's premise. America today is nowhere near where Orwell's fictional Britain in 1984 was.

Moreover, if you look at the cultural landscape in the last 50 years, it's not like we've been getting less sex and less sexual pleasure. The Pill, no fault divorce, abortion on demand, feminism and women becoming their own providers have led to more sex, not less.

If I wanted to be really paranoid, I would submit a different theory: that the purveyors of cultural marxism have used commitment-free sex as a weapon of mass destruction to eliminate the foundation of a free society - that is, monogamous marriage / traditional family - and with it take away our freedoms, one by one, in exchange for a free fuck here and there.

Family is a threat to the State, not two or more consenting adults engaging in kinky sex.

The deal that I see being offered in the US as well in Europe (actually, even more so here in Europe) is: no more sexual "oppression", fuck around as much as you can, and in exchange please don't mind that we take a half of your income in taxes, dictate the boundaries of free speech, indoctrinate your children in public schools, and manage your entire adult life in accordance with the One True Belief, which at least in Europe is that we all belong to the State and the State is the actual "family".

And people take it. The lure is too strong.

This would make for a much longer post but I hope you guys see what I mean.

[Image: aldous_huxley_vs_george_orwell.jpg]

I'll engage in discussion, I don't know why I said it would be my last post.
Teekay-its not that there is no sex in the United States, its that you can't have a traditional family with a good looking woman without shit tons of cash. In Eastern Europe, you need some money, but women there will still go for a more traditional type deal- they desire it.
. Do I want a traditional family tomorrow? No, I want to wait a few until I'm late 20's, 3o years, but eventually I do. Now are you going to be able to get a virgin who's a ten? Uh, no. But you can get a younger girl, who's stunning, and who values her feminity. I've slept around, so as long as a girl likes me and is faithful to me and meets my standards it doesn't bother me too much that she's had 4-20 other partners.
The thing about it is I agree with you concerning Europe in terms of Western Europe, but Eastern Europe is a different story. There are some high quality women over there and environments that are favorable to men who can take care of themselves. I like Western European girls more than American girls too actually. American girls really are the dregs for the most part.

"Moreover, if you look at the cultural landscape in the last 50 years, it's not like we've been getting less sex and less sexual pleasure. The Pill, no fault divorce, abortion on demand, feminism and women becoming their own providers have led to more sex, not less."

Maybe more sex, MAYBE, but not more intimacy or happiness with our relationships. That's what I was trying to say.

"If I wanted to be really paranoid, I would submit a different theory: that the purveyors of cultural marxism have used commitment-free sex as a weapon of mass destruction to eliminate the foundation of a free society - that is, monogamous marriage / traditional family - and with it take away our freedoms, one by one, in exchange for a free fuck here and there."

Sounds about right. Monogamy is the new exception rather than the norm in American society. Also, this is kind of understood by those in the know, but taboo to acknowledge. Everyone kind of pretends they are modest and traditional in America in their public/work persona, but we all know thats not the case.

Brave New World Revisited is an excellent book.

I do think that the women in Brave New World are incredibly similar to what young hot college-aged girls in Anglo-American countries have become. Look at anything Lenina says - it's all surface and no depth. Her exchange with John the Savage later on in the book sounds like the sort of debate a hot girl today would have with a Conservative 'family values' traditionalist if they debated.

In 1984 sexual desire is suppressed and let vent through hatred of the enemies of the Party - I think this is what girls want betas to be like, essentially. To suppress all sexual desire and to let these feelings of frustration out in other 'healthy' ways e.g. sports so they don't all go postal or something.

I think left and right are being used just to confuse people, I don't believe at all there's any difference. There's just the powerful and the powerless.

The State is now just the PR arm of the Mega-Corps. That's why we have wars like Iraq where the poor people go and fight and get maimed, while Halliburton makes billions and literally duffle bags full of cash disappear.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/19/mi...8-billion/

The little guy, the mechanic with a shop or plumber or electrician who thinks that the power is with the politicians doesn't see how the politicians are just the employees of the rich. There's no difference. They do parasitically tax everyone, but where does the money go? The military.

Or let's say you are really anti-gubmint, and you don't like the idea of Social Security. It's government confiscation.

Well, when a lower class old person gets their social security check, who do you think gets it? Well, usually a landlord.

The money goes right back to those who already have it.

Big Brother is the Dems, the Rethugs, Exxon-- basically, everyone who has or is trusted by Money to do what's best for Money.

Romney pays the same percentage tax as a struggling, exhausted secretary.