rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Berlin hate hipsters

Berlin hate hipsters

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/welco...6476268583

[Image: 265901-hipster-olympics.jpg]
Sorry hipsters Berlin wants you to take your Polaroid camera and go home

Why Berlin got so popular?

Berlin hate hipsters

Yeah Berlin is like hipster squared. It attracts hipsters from all over the world, but they rock up and find that even they are too conformist and fashionable and the locals hate them, lol. Real Berlin hipsters = angry gaunt-looking gay german guys who take drugs all weekend and fornicate in the dark corners of Berghain.

Berlin hate hipsters

I agree richie. They're like a whole dimension of meta hipsters.

Berlin hate hipsters

Why Berlin got popular? The main reason:

Its fucking cheap. Cheaper than any other western capital. You can live on maybe 800€ - 1000€/month and still party hard. Plus, its not socially stigmatized to be broke in Berlin. Few people care about your BMW and it might be even considered somewhat cool to be the broke, artsy type.

Berlin hate hipsters

^^ Yep, the rest of Germany still subsidizes Berlin to keep it cheap. Thats why if you speak to Germans from other parts of the country they might be a bit jaded that these artsy/musician/non stop party types get to live in Berlin for cheap doing hardly anything while the rest of the country works their ass off.

Berlin hate hipsters

Berlin is full of posers and wannabe artists with no ambition.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Berlin hate hipsters

I wasn't aware that hipsters from all around the world moved to Berlin. I thought they had each their own sections in each country.

Berlin hate hipsters

i witnessed this firsthand. Berlin is way to hipster to even be fun.
every German i know that lives there hates hipsters also.
to make it worse..a lot of the new hipsters have good money or live off their parents money.
they just act broke to be cool

I am the cock carousel

Berlin hate hipsters

Quote: (09-18-2012 11:17 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

i witnessed this firsthand. Berlin is way to hipster to even be fun.
every German i know that lives there hates hipsters also.
to make it worse..a lot of the new hipsters have good money or live off their parents money.
they just act broke to be cool

Thats pretty much it. I was born in Berlin, lived there for 20 years, moved away and when I came back 2 years ago, I couldnt believe this shit. My home city had become hipster heaven.
Seems as if every hipster from every country in the world wants to live in Berlin...Skrillex everywhere...

Berlin hate hipsters

I thought this thread was going to be about angry neo nazi hipsters doing hate crimes. Beating down immigrants etc.

Berlin hate hipsters

Props to Berlin.

Berlin hate hipsters

Quote: (09-18-2012 08:14 AM)Nudge Wrote:  

^^ Yep, the rest of Germany still subsidizes Berlin to keep it cheap. Thats why if you speak to Germans from other parts of the country they might be a bit jaded that these artsy/musician/non stop party types get to live in Berlin for cheap doing hardly anything while the rest of the country works their ass off.

IIRC there's also a lot of old (but inhabitable) housing left over in the Eastern part (former East Berlin); they haven't torn it down but most non-hipsters wouldn't want to live there (so affordable housing, which is usually the biggest expense).

Berlin hate hipsters

Really, who doesn't hate hipsters? They go around subsidized by their parents, wear ridiculous clothes, and make crappy art that nobody cares about.

Here's a blog by an NYC guy fighting the infestation: http://diehipster.wordpress.com/

Berlin hate hipsters

I have been going out in Berlin and it's almost impossible to get into the clubs. Dudes just get together and do drugs because they have no access to pussy. Then they call this "doing drugs" as a clubbing lifestyle where nobody gets pussy because they are gay. Pathetic city if you ask me.