rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which language sounds sexiest when spoken with an english accent?

We have a thread on which accent sounds sexiest in english, but which language do chicks dig when spoken with an english accent? For example, american chicks like british and italian accents a lot, but do british and italian chicks like american/english accents. Which places are the best for capitalizing on your accent?

Great question and thread. I'll be interested to follow this one.

Quote: (09-16-2012 12:32 PM)Agent_008 Wrote:  

We have a thread on which accent sounds sexiest in english, but which language do chicks dig when spoken with an english accent? For example, american chicks like british and italian accents a lot, but do british and italian chicks like american/english accents. Which places are the best for capitalizing on your accent?

From my experience Australian chicks like the american accent more than than the british accent.

I spoken to british girls, they admire the culture. They are indifferent to the american accent.

Agree with the comment that Aussie chicks don't really dig the British accent. Probably something to do with petty historical conflicts.

I have a somewhat unusual accent which is often taken to be British, which I can confirm is a very big plus with American girls. A British guy with a ""Received Pronunciation" accent, who can pull off the whole "Sophisticated Brit" guise will kill in America. Especially in mid-tier cities, though I have had good experiences in New York where I would have thought foreign accents wouldn't count for much. Many regional British accents would also be good.

Personally, I like Scottish and French accents in girls. Girls with Scottish accents especially get +1 point on the 1-10 scale simply by talking for a few seconds.

Quote: (09-16-2012 02:55 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

I have a somewhat unusual accent which is often taken to be British, which I can confirm is a very big plus with American girls. A British guy with a ""Received Pronunciation" accent, who can pull off the whole "Sophisticated Brit" guise will kill in America. Especially in mid-tier cities, though I have had good experiences in New York where I would have thought foreign accents wouldn't count for much.

As someone who speaks with a southern English accent I've always wondered if there was any truth to the idea that it goes down very well over there with the women. Would you mind spilling the beans as to your experiences and why you think playing the sophisticated Brit would kill it? Would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I've seen kind of the same thing from Ausie girls, but I've noticed that German girls tend to like it when I try to speak my shitty German, not sure if if they like my REALLY strong American accent or if they just think my ham-fisted stumbling around their language is cute. How about people that are conversational at a second language you learned after puberty (when your inner ear and soft pallet form, so your unable to hear or perceive accents), how do girls respond to your accent speaking their language?

Upgrayedd. Which he spells thusly, with two D's, as he says, "for a double dose of this pimping".

For english dudes I would say get over to the USA, you will get so much interest for the accent it does the work for you.

Don't expect any plus points for an english accent in australia or new zealand or any of western europe for that matter.

Would like to hear the situation on easter europe, I think south america/eastern europe will be welcoming of any foreign accent, english, american, australian or anywhere that the accent might equal higher bank balance.

I can confirm that english accent in the United States is enough in many cases to spark at least an interest in girls to talk to you. Of course, that's just opening a conversation, but still useful nonetheless.

Regarding "The Sophisticated Brit", I don't think there's much to play, its just the general principle that whatever you have to say, it sounds more sophisticated with the english accent (over the American accent).

Further clarification is needed. Going to Italy and speaking to Italian chicks with an American-New Jersey guido accent is going to be received differently than speaking to Italian chicks with an American-Deep South drawl.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (09-16-2012 03:50 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Quote: (09-16-2012 02:55 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

I have a somewhat unusual accent which is often taken to be British, which I can confirm is a very big plus with American girls. A British guy with a ""Received Pronunciation" accent, who can pull off the whole "Sophisticated Brit" guise will kill in America. Especially in mid-tier cities, though I have had good experiences in New York where I would have thought foreign accents wouldn't count for much.

As someone who speaks with a southern English accent I've always wondered if there was any truth to the idea that it goes down very well over there with the women. Would you mind spilling the beans as to your experiences and why you think playing the sophisticated Brit would kill it? Would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I think it comes down to the fact that the British accent is very different to the American, but of course Brits speak English as their mother tongue, so while it's "exotic", the RP British accent isn't too difficult to understand. Exotic Light, if you will. Which leads to the question why a Brit accent would be "better" than another Anglosphere English accent like Aussie or Kiwi. Maybe it's not universally considered better, but Great Britain as the mother country has the history and tradition to present itself as the most sophisticated. Of course that doesn't mean a random Brit is more sophisticated than a random Aussie, say, but the Brit has a lot of history and tradition on his side.

Anyway, as for my experiences in America. Mostly confined to the tri-state area, Pennsylvania and Seattle, so not completely representative. I think having any foreign accent that a girl likes (and I'm saying that a disproportional number of American girls like British accents over others) results in a couple of similar things. Basically summarised: They are much more likely to give you the time of day. And more of their time in any given day as well. Lower Bitch Shields. More open to your approach. But I'm essentially repeating the same thing.

The effect for me is that when in the US I was MUCH more comfortable making approaches than pretty much anywhere else. Much less likely to be shot down. Obviously it happened sometimes, but when I was in NY I'd approach girls not only in clubs but also on the train, the subway, even lifeguard chicks on the beaches at Coney Island and Long Beach. A New York friend thought I was crazy opening girls on the subway, and that it could never work, but none of the girls screamed or looked "offended" or is anything like that. It only progressed to dates and bangs with a couple of girls, but that's how things are generally.

One last point. It helps if you can play to their fantasy. My opinion is that the British accent is associated with culture and sophistication by a lot of American girls. While anyone who has lived in Britain would find this very funny taken as a blanket rule, if you're playing the Brit to a US audience you should try to play the part in full. That is actually talk about some cultural or intellectual topics. Just like if you came in with an Aussie accent you'd probably emphasise the fact that you're easy going, love the outdoors and wrestle crocs on your off days.

Have you spent much time in the US Vorkuta? What was your experience?

Irish.

I always saw the title as "Which language sounds sexist...[]" until now lol.

I speak with a regional accent (Atlantic Canada) and it always confuses people when I'm travelling because most have never heard it before. I wouldn't say it scores me any bonus points, but people always ask "where are you from?".

Quote: (09-17-2012 12:13 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Have you spent much time in the US Vorkuta? What was your experience?

I've only done the family trip to Florida thing when I as a kid,not been as an adult. I always do well with American girls,ridiculously well in fact. They seem to laugh at everything I say for some reason even when I'm not trying o be funny. Weirdos. It's kind of an urban myth over here that Englishmen clean up over there merely by talking in the English accent and whilst I take that with a huge pinch of salt i wanted to hear the opinion of someone who had actually been. Thanks for sharing.

Just to let you guys know, an american can't tell the difference between Kiwi, South African and British accents. So if you have any of those, act sophisticated and snooty. Americans eat that shit up.

And american accents really get no love in Britain. It isn't like you can just go "Hello" and girls will be interested in listening to you because of your accent. But you have a major advantage in terms of "coolness" of culture. Sell that narrative to get the bang.

Also the rest of Europe (possibly world) cannot tell the difference from Canada and America. So roll with that when its to your advantage.

As for sexist accents in english, Brit accents are quite good outside of london, but I'm also a fan of eastern Ukrainian and Russian accents.

Quote: (09-18-2012 08:52 AM)cibo Wrote:  

Just to let you guys know, an american can't tell the difference between Kiwi, South African and British accents. So if you have any of those, act sophisticated and snooty. Americans eat that shit up.

And american accents really get no love in Britain. It isn't like you can just go "Hello" and girls will be interested in listening to you because of your accent. But you have a major advantage in terms of "coolness" of culture. Sell that narrative to get the bang.

Also the rest of Europe (possibly world) cannot tell the difference from Canada and America. So roll with that when its to your advantage.

As for sexist accents in english, Brit accents are quite good outside of london, but I'm also a fan of eastern Ukrainian and Russian accents.

As an American, I will affirm this. I talked to this guy for a year at the gym, always thinking that he was British and then one day he starts talking about going home for the 2010 World Cup [Image: undecided.gif]

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (09-18-2012 08:52 AM)cibo Wrote:  

Very true. The solution is to ask the person to simply say the words "Out and about". You'll instantly know who the Canadian is, believe me.