rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The best multi-vitamin

The best multi-vitamin

I was looking around for the best multi vitamin out there. This thread will probably be of interest for you guys:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread...=136356991

I will be buying OrthoCore; the damn thing is so expensive but it's worth it since it contains better and more expensive ingredients than any other multis.

The best multi-vitamin

It's expensive (though there are decent prices if you shop around). I took it for months. I stopped taking a multi once I got heavily into greens (powders and raw juicers).

I feel much healthier, have more energy, and skin is nicer on greens.

But yes that a legit multi, it's the best one, and it's the one I used for a long time.

The best multi-vitamin

Supplements are supplements are supplements. I've noticed no difference between "high-end" multivitamins and cheap multivitamins you can get at Wal-Mart for a quarter of the price. Don't fall for the marketing.

The best multi-vitamin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001RYON1K/re...B001RYON1K

Comes with way over your RDA, you'll also want cod liver oil. It only has 9mg of zinc which is only 90% of your rda, so eat some meat too.

The best multi-vitamin

Quote: (09-09-2012 05:22 PM)Deif Wrote:  

Supplements are supplements are supplements. I've noticed no difference between "high-end" multivitamins and cheap multivitamins you can get at Wal-Mart for a quarter of the price. Don't fall for the marketing.

This is a terrible post.

Supplements are not supplements are not supplements. Some supplements are worthwhile, of those that are worthwhile some are of a high enough quality to put into your body (the one place you have to live for the rest of your life).

Do your research before ingesting anything.

The best multi-vitamin

Quote: (09-09-2012 05:22 PM)Deif Wrote:  

You don't even read the post, do you? LOL.

The best multi-vitamin

I shop at iherb.com

Quote: (09-09-2012 04:40 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

It's expensive (though there are decent prices if you shop around). I took it for months. I stopped taking a multi once I got heavily into greens (powders and raw juicers).

I feel much healthier, have more energy, and skin is nicer on greens.

But yes that a legit multi, it's the best one, and it's the one I used for a long time.

The best multi-vitamin

Mike, Seduction and others -

What do you think of this one by the "Life Extension Foundation"?

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/...item=01515

They usually seem to put together supplements that look pretty well researched.

Also, what about Mark sissons thing? $130 a month, but again, seems to be serious about the research + ingredient quality:
http://primalblueprint.com/products/Dama...rmula.html[/code]

The best multi-vitamin

-- START QUOTE --

The FIRST ingredient you need to look at is the vitamin B12. The reason this is the most important is because 1) it's the most expensive component in the multi and 2) it needs to be in high enough doses to be effective. B12 powers your nerves and liver function and you need a lot more than the government recommended amount (6mcg).

The cheap, inexpensive form of B12 is called cyanocobalamin. This is an inert form of B12 meaning that the cobalamin molecule has been stabilized with a cyanide molecule. This is bad because when your body has to metabolize it, it breaks it down, strips away the front end molecule (which is cyanide) and then you have to detoxify that cyanide.

So why is this bad? Because first you have to detoxify the cyanide and then it robs energy from your cells just to make it useful which is difficult if you are tired, stressed etc. Not ideal when cutting.

What you want to look for is a co-enzyme form of B12. Methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. The methylcobalamin is exactly what your liver uses as methylation reactions which power a lot of your natural biochemistry. Adenosylcobalamin is used to assemble proteins in your body and is a key marker of aging. If you don't have enough adenosylcobalamin your body can't make proteins and ages much faster.

So why is this better? Well if you have a form of a vitamin that is exactly what your body uses then it goes right into your metabolism and does its job.

In addition to methyl being better than cyano for b12, you should look for P-5-P version of B6 instead of Pyroxidne HCL. I first learned about this from an IFBB pro who used to come into my Vitamin Shoppe and got at least 2 bottles a month. Its just as important as B12, and is probably more bodybuilding specific, as it's key for partitioning nutrients, and actually improves your rate of muscle protein synthesis. The most common form, Pyroxidine, has to be metabolized in the liver into P5P, and in some people as little as 1/3 of the dose is actually converted.

-- END QUOTE --

Life Extension has Vitamin B12 as cyanocobalamin and Vitamin B6 as pyridoxine HCl. Thus, it is not really a good multi.

OTOH, Mark Sisson's is probably the best since it has B12 as methylcobalamin and B6 as pyridoxal-5'-phosphate.

Quote: (09-10-2012 06:37 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Mike, Seduction and others -

What do you think of this one by the "Life Extension Foundation"?

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/...item=01515

They usually seem to put together supplements that look pretty well researched.

Also, what about Mark sissons thing? $130 a month, but again, seems to be serious about the research + ingredient quality:
http://primalblueprint.com/products/Dama...rmula.html[/code]

The best multi-vitamin

ahh interesting, thanks man. you clearly have vitamin chops [Image: biggrin.gif]

The best multi-vitamin

The only multi vitamin you need is Tangy Tangerine made by youngevity. I have been using supplements since I was a teenager and I have tried absolutely everything under the sun. Tangy Tangerine will change your life. You energy will be thru the roof, it will detox you of heavy metals and if you are overweight you will lose a shitload of weight in weeks. They make other things as well that I haven' t tried but I can vouch for this.

Got my parents on it and my mother who was overweight has gone from 180lbs roughly to around 140lbs in 2 1/2 months. Just from taking the vitamins. Once you get all the vitamins and minerals your brain won't tell you are hungry and won't send you on a carb binge or after McDonalds. Also might be the greatest hangover cure out there

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

The best multi-vitamin

http://www.youngevity.net/images/pdf/MJ14tangy.pdf

The vitamin B6 and B12 are not of the good ones.

Quote: (09-10-2012 11:14 AM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

The only multi vitamin you need is Tangy Tangerine made by youngevity. I have been using supplements since I was a teenager and I have tried absolutely everything under the sun. Tangy Tangerine will change your life. You energy will be thru the roof, it will detox you of heavy metals and if you are overweight you will lose a shitload of weight in weeks. They make other things as well that I haven' t tried but I can vouch for this.

Got my parents on it and my mother who was overweight has gone from 180lbs roughly to around 140lbs in 2 1/2 months. Just from taking the vitamins. Once you get all the vitamins and minerals your brain won't tell you are hungry and won't send you on a carb binge or after McDonalds. Also might be the greatest hangover cure out there

The best multi-vitamin

You can take all the vitamins you want but a little known fact is if you don't have the right minerals your body won't absorb any vitamins. It is far more important to the human body to intake minerals than anything else. So although the B's might not be of the highest quality they will be absorbed more efficently due to proper uptake of minerals.

In the western world we get no nutrition in our food as we all know. But more importantly because of GMO crops and round up, our bodies are actually ingesting mineral blocking herbicides. Which is causing us to not absorb minerals from anything we eat, blowing holes in our guts, destroying all the good gut flora and shrivelling up our livers.

The best multi-vitamin

Garden Of Life makes great multivitamins. Made from real raw sources. Expensive here though (Toronto), not sure about elsewhere.

The best multi-vitamin

Minerals need to be chelated or else they poorly absorb.

I use Blue Bonnett multi-minerals.

Since I do a lot of greens and juicing, I don't need much multi vitamins.

I do take supplemental A, B complex, D, and E when my diet is crappy.

It's much cheaper to buy the vitamins separately.

But if you need convenience, then AOR is the best one. Of course, something is better than nothing, too. Buy what you can afford.

The best multi-vitamin

Vitamin B's in supplements do not require minerals to be absorbed more efficiently.

Quote: (09-10-2012 11:41 AM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

You can take all the vitamins you want but a little known fact is if you don't have the right minerals your body won't absorb any vitamins. It is far more important to the human body to intake minerals than anything else. So although the B's might not be of the highest quality they will be absorbed more efficently due to proper uptake of minerals.

In the western world we get no nutrition in our food as we all know. But more importantly because of GMO crops and round up, our bodies are actually ingesting mineral blocking herbicides. Which is causing us to not absorb minerals from anything we eat, blowing holes in our guts, destroying all the good gut flora and shrivelling up our livers.

The best multi-vitamin

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/n...horus.html

The best multi-vitamin

Quote: (09-13-2012 12:04 AM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

I like where your head's at but, according to this article Phosphorus is a vitamin and not a mineral.

The best multi-vitamin

Quote: (09-13-2012 07:51 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2012 12:04 AM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

I like where your head's at but, according to this article Phosphorus is a vitamin and not a mineral.

It's an article written by 5-dollar writer in fiverr.com. What do you expect? LOL.

The best multi-vitamin

I don't know if you have walked around north america lately but unless the article is less than a 100 words, has pictures and only uses the most basic english it won't be read.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02806/phosphorus
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...nough.aspx

These should all have links to the studies. But what I am getting at is if you need to choose one over the other you should be taking in minerals. You can't absorb vitamins without them but you don't need vitamins to absorb minerals. I take a Vitamin B supplement everyday and I like to maximize the benefits so I make sure I am getting the proper minerals. And if you are an athlete or strength trainer you need minerals. Your body doesn't sweat out vitamins, it sweats out minerals.

How many times have you seen or heard about long distance runners and ironmen dying of heart attacks ? It is pretty common now and these people are supposed to be at the peak of fitness. The problem is they all get their vitamins but they aren't getting their minerals.

The best multi-vitamin

Quote: (09-13-2012 11:19 AM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

I don't know if you have walked around north america lately but unless the article is less than a 100 words, has pictures and only uses the most basic english it won't be read.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02806/phosphorus
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...nough.aspx

These should all have links to the studies. But what I am getting at is if you need to choose one over the other you should be taking in minerals. You can't absorb vitamins without them but you don't need vitamins to absorb minerals. I take a Vitamin B supplement everyday and I like to maximize the benefits so I make sure I am getting the proper minerals. And if you are an athlete or strength trainer you need minerals. Your body doesn't sweat out vitamins, it sweats out minerals.

How many times have you seen or heard about long distance runners and ironmen dying of heart attacks ? It is pretty common now and these people are supposed to be at the peak of fitness. The problem is they all get their vitamins but they aren't getting their minerals.

There's no reason to be condescending. You're the one who posted an article that didn't support what you're saying (You need minerals to make use of vitamins).

I'm very interested in this topic and most other forum members will read an article in it's entirety if it's a thread they're bothering to read.

How long did you take tangy tangerine before you noticed the benefits?

Have you tried any of these other multivitamins or drinks? What else are you taking?

The best multi-vitamin

I wasn't being condescending. The article does support what I was saying it just didn't include any studies.

I have taken everything under the sun over the last decade. Even as I started Tangy Tangerine I was taken a bunch of different things. Within days of taking it I felt better. Definitely more energy and focus through out the day. I trade alot of days and I like my afternoon nap, but on that stuff I don't need it.

I think it is partially responsible for my grey hair disappearing, but I am also taking BSM and I was about 2 months in when I started the tangy tangerine. I don't really ever get cravings because I eat alot of protein and fat but I also noticed this helped and never felt hungry.

My parents had a dramatic effect visually in 2 to 3 weeks. They look younger, my mom lost alot of weight, my dad was in good shape but he is in better shape. More importantly because of the cravings going away they have been able to stop eating the shit they have been consuming for years.

I think overall what it does is instead of having to take different pills and oils through out the day it cuts down on time and energy. Not to mention cost. I am currently spending half as much on supplements and I am feeling great and looking great. I will adjust if need be but for right now tangy tangerine, raw milk protein, bsm and shit load of cocunut oil and olive are doing the trick.

The best multi-vitamin

I'm gonna order some. I need more energy. I'm stuck on drinking shitloads of coffee and I know that's a time bomb....

The best multi-vitamin

Quote: (09-13-2012 06:02 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I'm gonna order some. I need more energy. I'm stuck on drinking shitloads of coffee and I know that's a time bomb....

They offer a pollen burst that gets a lot of great reviews. Loaded with Vitamin B. Great substitute for coffee

The best multi-vitamin

You would know whether a multi-vitamin is good or not just by looking at their B12 composition. If they make the B12 in the form of cyanocobalamin, you can be sure the rest of the ingredients are of the cheaper/lousier version. You want B12 in the form of methylcobalamin and/or adenosylcobalamin because these two are bio-available in human. Tangy Tangerine (http://www.youngevity.net/images/pdf/MJ14tangy.pdf) contains B12 in the form of cyanocobalamin.

From http://www.strokedoctor.com/vitamin_b12.htm

"Vitamin B12: All Cobalamins are not Equal

Look at your multiple vitamin or B complex bottle. You're probably taking cyanocobalamin, the stable and less expensive form of vitamin B12. Because it is stable, it has a longer shelf life. However, the active form of B12 is methylcobalamin and the two are NOT equal in effectiveness. If you have symptoms of GI disorders, lethargy, confusion, slow thought processes, heart rate variability, atherosclerosis, sleep disorders, or immune dysfunction, you may need the methyl as well as the cobalamin component.

The two vitamin B12 coenzymes known to be metabolically active in humans are methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. Vitamin B12 is usually absorbed from the gut from the fermentation of intrinsic factor by intestinal flora. However, production can be disturbed by nutritional deficiencies, intrinsic factor deficiency, bacterial overgrowth, malabsorption, alcohol, and antibiotics. Nitrous oxide anesthesia in surgery and nitric acid from normal metabolism and inflammation also reduce our vitamin B12 levels.

Cobalamins are destroyed by heavy metals and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. (take at different times than vit c). Vitamin B12 deficiency generally increases with age and is common in the elderly.(2)

Both vitamin B12 and folic acid are required for the synthesis of thymidylate, a component of DNA. Lack of adequate DNA synthesis causes many red blood cell precursors (hematopoietic cells) to die in the bone marrow. The development of epithelial cells is also disturbed by thymidylate deficiency. Gut changes due to vitamin B12 deficiency are often related to constipation whereas a folic acid deficiency is generally related to diarrhea. In the brain, the arrest of cell replication due to vitamin B12 deficiency disrupts myelin synthesis, resulting in neural damage in the brain, spinal cord and/or peripheral nerves. Vitamin B12 deficiency can include the following neurological symptoms: numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, unsteadiness, poor muscular coordination, moodiness, mental slowness, poor memory, confusion, agitation, and/or depression.

Vitamin B12 is involved in fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It is required in the synthesis of the amino acid methionine, which is involved in choline and betaine utilization. B12 assists in maintaining sulfhydryl (SH) groups in their reduced form for enzyme activity. Vitamin B12 deficiency is associated with a decrease of reduced glutathione, needed for cell defense against pathogens (viruses, bacteria, fungi) and toxins.

Methylcobalamin is a co-factor of methionine synthase, an enzyme that transfers methyl groups to homocysteine to regenerate methionine. Elevated homocysteine levels are a risk factor for coronary artery disease. (11) Methionine can be transformed to S-adenoxylmethionine (SAM) that is involved in a variety of methylation reactions in the body, one of which is alleviating depression.(13)

Methylcobalamin also plays a role in cell-mediated and humoral immune function in rats. In vitamin B12 deficient rats, serum C3, IgM and Ig G factors were found to be lower. There was also an elevation of the ratio of CD4+ CD8- to DC4- CD8+, which reduces the ability to fight off pathogens.(12)

Cyanocobalamin is not biologically active until converted to methylcobalamin, which also means releasing its cyanide. Cyanide can be toxic because it binds the iron (F3+) portion of cytochrome oxidases, preventing its reduction. This binding blocks electron transport and interrupts cellular respiration. Symptoms of sublethal cyanide toxicity include hypotension, tachypnea, and tachycardia.(4)

Cobalamin can bind with cyanide and is therefore effective in reducing cyanide toxicity. However cyanocobalamin is not effective in removing cyanide because the cobalamin is already bound. (3) Since nitroprusside can induce cyanide toxicity, other cobalamins such as hydroxocobalamin should be used to bind with cyanide. Nitroprusside therapies should be minimized in critically ill patients and those with liver or kidney dysfunction.

Large amounts of cyanocobalamin can exacerbate preexisting cyanide toxicity that can result from smoking tobacco, sodium nitroprusside therapy, and phagocytosis. Steve Roach, M.D. writes that "it seems wise to avoid a potentially harmful form of a drug when the more physiologic variety is available and is excreted at a more desirable rate.(7)

Foods fortified with vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) may be a potential problem if cooked. The highest mutation activity in cooked (pyrolysate) vitamins was found in cyanocobalamin (3220 revertants at .025 mumole of cyanocobalamin).(5)

In a comparison of cobalamins against cancer, adenoxylcobalamin was effective against fast-growing malignant cells. Methylcobalamin was effective at elevated concentrations and cyanocobalamin had no effect in slowing the growth of any of the tumor cell lines studied.(6) In studies that show that vitamin B12 has no effect on cancer growth, we need to look closer at whether cyanocobalamin was used instead of the natural coenzyme forms (adenoxylcobalamin and methylcobalamin).

Methylcobalamin enhances synaptic transmission in learning and memory. Ikeuchi and associates studied the effects of methyl-B12 on the electrical activity in hippocampal neurons and found that methyl-B12 increased post-synaptic field potential which lasted more than an hour and increased the electrical currents elicited by N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA). Cyanocobalamin had no effect.(13)

Methylcobalamin plays a role in modulating human circadian rhythms. It accelerates re-entrainment of the activity rhythm to the environmental light-dark cycle. The suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) is involved in relaying photic information to the pineal gland. Methylcobalamin enhanced the field potential in the SCN that lasted an hour. In contrast, cyanocobalamin showed no effect.(16) Methylcobalamin is also required in donating a methyl group for the synthesis of melatonin. Methylcobalamin supplementation can assist in modulating melatonin secretion, enhancing light-sensitivity, normalizing circadian rhythms and improving sleep-wake cycles. (17) Methylcobalamin also helps improve heart rate variability, suggesting that it is involved in balancing sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system function,(18) perhaps through its involvement with light entrainment and melatonin synthesis. Since circadian rhythm and melatonin synthesis are key factors in health maintenance, the use of cyanocobalamin rather than methylcobalamin is undermining our health as individuals as well as a nation.

Another study found a correlation between serum vitamin B12 in women and their breast milk. When a group of lactating women were injected with cyanocobalamin, there was also an increase of cyanocobalamin in their breast milk.

As early as 1970, Dr. A.G. Freeman protested against the use of cyanocobalamin in The Lancet. He again wrote a letter in 1978, entitled "Why Has Cyanocobalamin Not Been Withdrawn?" to The Lancet and to the British Committee on Safety of Drugs. Dr. Freeman voiced the concern that even if hydroxocobalamin is prescribed, cyanocobalamin is administered in its place. They wrote that "because doctors are still confused about the differences between various forms of vitamin B12 commercially available and about their possible adverse effects, manufacturers should withdraw cyanocobalamin in favor of hydroxocobalamin for therapeutic use." (8)

A letter from Dr. Terry was published in the October, 1978 issue of The Lancet. He wrote that "the lead for improved prescribing must come form compilers of formularies that are highly regarded. In this respect it is disappointing to find that the W.H.O. expert committee on the selection of essentiald rugs lists only cyanocobalamin, placing an incalculable number of patients with optic neuropathy in pernicious anemia or tobacco and tropical amblyopia at risk." (9)

In the November 1978 issue, the Lancet published a letter by J.C.Linnell and associates entitled "Therapeutic Misuse of Cyanocobalamin." The authors state that cyanocobalamin itself has no known biochemical function. Only trace amounts of cyanocobalmin are normally detectable in the human body, while significant amounts occur in patients with optic neuropathies, inborn errors of cobalamin metabolism and pernicious anemia. Cyanocobalamin must first undergo conversion to the physiological forms of cobalamin before being effective against pernicious anemia. However hydroxocobalamin (a precursor to methyl and andenoxylcobalamin) "has the additional advantage of therapeutic efficacy in certain neuropathies and some cases of inborn errors of cobalamin metabolism." The authors further write that "it is lamentable that an extensive demand for cyanocobalamin as a therapeutic agent should persist. There seems to be no place for the continued therapeutic use of cyanocobalamin." (10)

Vitamin B12 is found in algae, peas, clover, alfalfa, mustard, egg yolk, chedder cheese, sardines, herring, anchovies, calve's liver, haddock, salmon, and cow's milk. Plants containing S-methylmethionine include cabbage, kohlrabi, turnip, tomatoes, celery, leeks, garlic, beets, raspberries and strawberries (14). Cyanocobalamin is in haddock and cassava root. Elevated amounts of cyanocobalamin have been found in smokers and cases of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and optic atrophy.

Clinical doses of methylcobalamin are 1500-6000 mcg per day and can be administered orally, intramuscularly or intravenously with positive clinical results. Methylcobalamin is well tolerated and has no known toxicity. B complex (riboflavin, folic acid, pyridoxine, and choline), and zinc assist methylcobalamin effectiveness. It is important that physicians giving injections check the source of their vitamin B12. Not only can it be cyano rather than methylcobalamin, but the shot gun approach of giving liver extract can include allergenics. One report states that 10-30% of pharmaceutical preparations may be noncobalamin analogues, that are either inactive or cause allergic reactions. (1)

In conclusion, methylcobalamin can be effective in cases of neuropathy, depression, cancer, optic atrophy, heart rate variability, homocysteinemia, and sleep disturbances. However, all cobalamin analogues are not equal and taking cyanocobalamin with already elevated levels of cyanide can actually be harmful. It has been thirty years since Dr. Freeman first published a letter in The Lancet about the risks of using cyanocobalamin. How much longer can we afford to allow ignorance and profit motives to undermine our nation's health?

REFERENCES:

(1) Herbert, Victor and Neville Colman. "Folic Acid and Vitamin B12" in Shils, Maurice and Vernon R. Young, "Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease." Lea & Febinger, Philadelphia, PA, 1988, pg. 388-416.

(2) Watt, D.T. "Vitamin B12 replacement therapy: how much is enough?" Wisconsin Medical Journal, 1994, 93(5): 203- 5.

(3) Zerbe, N.F. et al. "Use of vitamin B12 in the treatment and prevention of nitroprusside-induced cyanide toxicity." Critical Care Medicine, 1993, 21(3): 465-7.

(4) Williams, H.L. et al. "Studies of cobalamin vehicle for the renal excretion of cyanide anion." Journal of Laboratoyr and Clinical Medicine, 1990, 116(1): 37-44.

(5) Demura, R. et al. "Mutagenic activity of pyrolysate of cyanocobalamin and some other soluble vitamins in the model system with the Salmonella/mammalian microsomes." Mutation Research, 1990, 244(1): 37-42.

(6) Tsao, C.S. et al. "Cytotoxic activity of cobalamin in cultured malignant and nonmalignant cells." Pathobiology, 1990, 58(5): 292-6.

(7) Sawyer, D.R. "Cyanocobalmin and cyanide toxicity (letter)." American Family Physician, 1982, 26(1): 48.50,55.

(8) Freeman, A.G. et al. "Why has cyanocobalamin not been withdrawn?" The Lancet, April 8, 1978; pg. 777-778.

(9) Terry, S.I. et al. "Survival of Cyanocobalmin." The Lancet, October 14, 1978, pg. 848.

(10) Linnell, J.C. et al. "Therapeutic Misuse of Cyanocobalamin". Lancet, November 11, 1978; pg 1053-1054.

(11) Brown, C.A. et al. "A Common Polymorphism in Methionine Synthase Reductase Increases Risk of Premature Coronary Artery Disease." J Cardiovasc Risk 2000, 7(3): 197-200.

(12) Funada, U. et al. "Changes in CD4+ CD8-/CD4- CD8+ ratio and humoral immune functions in vitamin B12-deficient rats." Int J Vitam Nutr Res, 2000, 70(4): 167-71.

(13) Ikeuchi, Youji et al. "Methylcobalamin induces a long-lasting enhancement of the postsynaptic field potential in hippocampal slices of the guinea pig." Neuroscience Leters, 1995, 192: 113-116.

(14) Kovatscheva, E.G. et al. "S-methylmethionine content in plant and animal tissues and stability during storage." Nahrung, 1977, 21(6): 465-72.

(15) Schneider, Z. "Comprehensive B12." Walter de Gruyter, New York, New York, 1987.

(16) Nishikawa, Yukiko et al. "Methylcobalamin induces a long-lasting enhancement of the field potential in rat suprachiasmatic nucleus slices." Neuroscience Letters, 1996: 220: 199-202.

(17) Mayer, G. et al. "Effects of vitamin B12 on performance and circadian rhythm in normal subjects." Neuropsychopharmacology, 1996; 15: 456-464.

(18) Yoshioka, K. et al. "Effect of methylcobalamin on diabetic autonomic neuropathy as assessed by power spectral analysis of heart rate variations." Horm Metab Res, 1995, 27: 43-44"