rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finally good news: pics of girls losing weight

Found this randomly on reddit: progress pics

It's a mix of guys and girls, but I figured it would be nice to see girls going the right way with weight. We need hope and change!

Search on youtube for "watch me shrink" it seems to be a new craze, they make videos over weeks / months of them getting slimmer and slimmer.

Some are very nice, but this girl jumped the gun in posting a pic when she's still over 200

[Image: 5v4t2.jpg]

I understand that these people are excited to be thin for the time being. I'm happy for them, really, but this desire for e-props strikes me as weird. You want validation for something you're supposed to be in the first place? I've stayed thin... I don't post pictures asking for a pat on the back. I don't know, maybe I'm being a dick. Plus a lot of them are still fat to me even though they're at their ideal weight. 150 pounds for a girl is too heavy.

If you're a fat guy right now, lose the weight for you, not for redditors. If women start sucking your dick more then there's your validation.

Quote: (09-07-2012 10:32 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I understand that these people are excited to be thin for the time being. I'm happy for them, really, but this desire for e-props strikes me as weird. You want validation for something you're supposed to be in the first place? I've stayed thin... I don't post pictures asking for a pat on the back. I don't know, maybe I'm being a dick. Plus a lot of them are still fat to me even though they're at their ideal weight. 150 pounds for a girl is too heavy.

If you're a fat guy right now, lose the weight for you, not for redditors. If women start sucking your dick more then there's your validation.

Yeah, 148 for a 5-foot-6 chick? Too big. I'd expect 135 to be the heaviest for that height.

I hope she comes back in three years (since it looks like her wedding just past) and posts the pics of her well over two bills. Because you know it's going to happen.

I'm as wary of this attention whoring/validation seeking behavior as you are. The obsession with winning e-props is silly and indicates a bigger cultural/social problem.

I look at it this way, though. If this modern American attention whoring culture can be used in any way for the positive goal of getting Americans to slim the hell down, then I'm all for it. If we can harness the energy inherent in this attention whoring culture (and this is a massive amount of energy, as anyone familiar with facebook and other social media knows) for a greater good, then so be it. I'll back that.The end result will only benefit us, as well as just about everyone else in this society. There's nothing to lose.

And yeah, some of these pics are jumping the gun (they're still too big at the time of posting), but at least they're making some sort of progress and actually acknowledging that it is progress, instead of backing the absurd notion that bigger is better/fine.

Again, baby steps. If people start to see a greater incentive to lose weight ("if I do, I'll get tons of praise for it!"), then we're moving in the right direction. We'll leave behind a society where increased weight is encouraged/accepted and possibly end up in one where weight loss is promoted and held up as a preferable aim to weight maintenance or gain. That's where we want to be, right?

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting pics of your progress and getting positive reinforcement, especially from like minded individuals. How is that any different than positive reinforcement elsewhere?

It's normal to consider the opinions others have of you. It's only bad when that consideration is taken to an unhealthy conclusion. This is the exact opposite of that. They're just getting encouragement. Sometimes you won't get that from the people close to you, and in any event it's better to get that encouragement and props from people who are on the same journey as you.

And don't think most of them said anything about being at their ideal weight yet. From what I noticed, the ones that did were pretty thin (and usually guys). Progress pics are a lot different than your idea of posting pics of you continuing to be thin (that's not progress).

What's wrong with getting props for actually accomplishing something? And what's wrong with giving them props?

Yeah, this is a great trend. If I had time I would sign up for Reddit and give some positive feedback. We need to encourage these kind of things.

Plus, former fatties are great, at least from my experience. About a year ago I had a fuckbuddy, a 22 yo girl 5'2" at 105 lbs, hot little thing. She said she was 150 lbs just 9 months before we met and showed me pictures, she looked like shit. What was great that her attitude was very good for being a cute 22 yo American girl - she aimed to please, cooked for me, did dishes, did anything I wanted.
With most of them their attitude will probably catch up with their new look given enough time, but if you get them early you might be in for a treat.

Seems like there are more males slimming down than females.. Based on my scientific research of clicking on top 10 or so entries.

Sadly I think there is still enough "your curves are beautiful" propaganda by slim chicks who don't want competition to keep this self-improvement trend at bay, along with people trying to sell products tailored to fatties. I don't think we've seen the peak yet. It's like fossil fuels, there are better alternatives but a powerful lobby keeps the status quo..

Indeed, they are seeking validation.

The thing is, in a process like this, if you are not getting the validation you want/need then there is a high chance you end up giving up. Some people are mentally stronger and determined than others, and might not need/want as much validation or any validation at all.

Something like this no doubt exists already, but if not.....

A computer app that allows the user to upload a picture, or pictures, of herself, enter in her current weight and the diet and lifestyle changes she intends to make. It then uses this info to display a series of pictures of how she would look at month 1, 2 etc. until her goal was reached.

May act as a motivating force to actually see how different she would look if she carried out her plans.

^^^ I found this:

http://makeovr.com/weightmirror/

Not that bad, but still I don't think you can fully automate this process yet. Also, there are some iOS apps as well but they looked really shitty.

I just got an idea of a business where people would get a (semi)professional photo of themselves as they would look thin. E.g. for $10-$20 per photo with a 24h turnaround. Website would then send to my fleet of third world internet workers that would photoshop the picture for let's say $1-$2. It's not that hard to train somebody to do this and there is a plenty of free software that you can use.

Do you guys think this idea could be somewhat successful?

Quote: (09-10-2012 12:54 PM)SVK Wrote:  

^^^ I found this:

http://makeovr.com/weightmirror/

Not that bad, but still I don't think you can fully automate this process yet. Also, there are some iOS apps as well but they looked really shitty.

I just got an idea of a business where people would get a (semi)professional photo of themselves as they would look thin. E.g. for $10-$20 per photo with a 24h turnaround. Website would then send to my fleet of third world internet workers that would photoshop the picture for let's say $1-$2. It's not that hard to train somebody to do this and there is a plenty of free software that you can use.

Do you guys think this idea could be somewhat successful?

IT isn't my area of expertise, but I like the idea. As you said completely automating the process would probably be very difficult. And in the first few iterations of the app the graphics would probably look shitty. Can't load the makeover.com site for some reason, but I can imagine the pics look like funfair like "crazy mirrors".

So, having actual people photoshop images may be the best solution.

Does it count as a new notch if you fuck a fat chick then fuck her again when she loses the weight?