rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lying in NYC - Telling girl I'm from out of town to get ONS

I'm read an interesting idea on some blog somewhere recently. Can't remember what blog. The idea is if you lie to a girl and tell her that you are from out of town and leaving in a couple of days, she is more likely to have a one night stand with you.

My Situation
1. Live in NYC - Uptown in the 90s
2. Women consider me boyfriend material - I can find a steady girlfriend very easily. Having a ONS is much more difficult for me.
3. Women often tell me that they definitely want to have sex with me but want to get to know me first. After 1 or 2 dates without sex (with tons of making out) I usually just give up on them and do more cold approaching. (If I do end up having sex after 3 or 4 dates they fall in love with me and it's a big mess - avoid.)
4. My skills with women are not good but I make up for my lack of skill by approaching a lot of women in bars & clubs. Eventually I come across one who is very attracted to me for whatever reason.

Pro's of lying and telling her that I'm out of town
1. Girl won't consider me an option as a boyfriend and will be more likely to want to have sex with me that night.
2. Girl more likely to bring me back to her place. (I've had girls bring me back to their apartment or hotel room before so I know it can happen.)
3. No more stalkers.

Cons of lying to her and telling her that I'm from out of town
1. Can't bring her back to my apartment. Can be a problem depending on girl's living arrangements or if they live in Long Island or New Jersey.
2. I've approached so many girls that it's possible I may approach one that I already told that I live in NYC.

My question for this forum is am I insane about considering this? Or does it actually make sense?

if you eliminate your apt as a place to bring girls back to, you're eliminating A LOT.

sounds like more of an escalation issue you have than anything else. escalate harder and faster.

It worked for me. You can try my strategy, which is to tell them I'm here testing out a potential move. Then if for whatever reason you run into them again or want to see them longer, you can say you're back in town to try it out longer or did move here. Tell them you rented your place off of Airbnb and that's why you have an apartment and not a hotel.

I don't think your concern of running into the same girls in NYC is very high. Then again, one night I went on a date uptown and later that night our waitress walked by another bar we were at in East Village. So I guess it could happen.

Wrong move. You live there.

Who has more status? The man who knows all the spots or the guy who is just in town. You know what to do.

Target girls visiting NYC that's your bread and butter and my current model. Be the "NYC fling"

New York is an extremely provincial place and while gaming there I felt like women had less interest in me after finding out I wasn't living New York. (This classic New Yorker cover pokes fun at New Yorkers view of themselves) Unless you have a exotic aspect you can play up, you're better off telling girls you're a local.

OK. General consensus is I'm better off telling the women that I live in NYC.

I do want to find some way to disqualify myself as a potential boyfriend.

Read HiFlo's post again.

If you can't get ONS as a resident then doing it as a "traveler" won't be any easier.

You need to analyze what you're doing when you're gaming these girls that is giving them the impression/idea you are LTR material. I like HiFlo's response about escalating. You probably need to get things sexual earlier in the interaction. NYC is mad easy man. One of the few cities girls approach me and I get ONS regularly. You're overthinking this, i've told girls the most ridiculous shit in NYC to get laid. Feel her out, and do what is necessary. If its playing the local/tourguide angle promising her brunch and a tour of central park in the morning, or the I'm out of town take me under your wing and take advantage of me angle.

I do like the fact you are concerned that you have approached so many woman in a city of 8 million that you may be doubling up. [Image: banana.gif]

I appreciate the answers guys. I suppose I was looking for a quick fix but you goings showed me the errors of my thinking.

1. Fact that I don't get ONS that often means my game is weak - agreed.
2. I need to escalate harder and faster - agreed.
3. I need to get sexual sooner - agreed.

Fuck it, maybe the next time I find myself in a normal conversation going nowhere and I can't think of anything sexual, I'll just ask her to come home with me out of the blue.

After reading the other responses I realize mine doesn't really make that much sense - what I said actually was what I was doing. I was from out of town and rented a place on Airbnb and got a few bangs that way. I'm jealous you live in NYC, it's a pussy paradise.

Quote: (09-05-2012 05:24 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

I appreciate the answers guys. I suppose I was looking for a quick fix but you goings showed me the errors of my thinking.

1. Fact that I don't get ONS that often means my game is weak - agreed.
2. I need to escalate harder and faster - agreed.
3. I need to get sexual sooner - agreed.

Fuck it, maybe the next time I find myself in a normal conversation going nowhere and I can't think of anything sexual, I'll just ask her to come home with me out of the blue.

If you're finding yourself in a normal conversation you're already fucked. You've never had to sell anything have you? And You can't frame the invitation like that or she'll eject. Say you want to show her your view, your area, some cool shit/art/music you have at your place. Tell her you have some cool bottle of wine/drink you make at your place.

Do you have a fire escape? That worked wonders when I was out there. Said let's grab a drink and sit out on my fire escape, great view/nice weather, etc. Probably less effective in winter time though.

Quote: (09-05-2012 03:53 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

Women often tell me that they definitely want to have sex with me but want to get to know me first. After 1 or 2 dates without sex (with tons of making out) I usually just give up on them and do more cold approaching. (If I do end up having sex after 3 or 4 dates they fall in love with me and it's a big mess - avoid.)

Are you being honest? Are these girls dropping you/'let's just be friends'-ing you after one or two dates? It sounds like if it was just a matter of waiting around for another date or two, you wouldn't be making this thread.

If girls are rejecting you, they're doing it because they don't want to fuck you. Making up a story about traveling isn't going to change that. I can imagine, under some circumstances, there are girls who like a guy so much they wait longer than usual... but this can usually be averted with good game and a strong pimp hand (strong escalation).

I actually thought about doing something similar, talking to Slubu, about pretending to be a traveler on OKCupid and messaging girls. I never did it, but I was just curious to see if it would deliver any results.

You can just say the apartment is from AirBnB, or your friend's.

Quote: (09-05-2012 03:53 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

3. Women often tell me that they definitely want to have sex with me but want to get to know me first. After 1 or 2 dates without sex (with tons of making out) I usually just give up on them and do more cold approaching. (If I do end up having sex after 3 or 4 dates they fall in love with me and it's a big mess - avoid.)

i think this is your problem right here. so you get tons of making out... and just leave it at that? bye bye see you next time?

next time you are making out with a girl on a first or second date, stick your hand up her shirt to feel her boobies or down her pants to feel her pussy and go from there [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Quote: (09-05-2012 07:51 PM)bodmon Wrote:  

next time you are making out with a girl on a first or second date, stick your hand up her shirt to feel her boobies or down her pants to feel her pussy and go from there [Image: icon_razz.gif]

good point. look up the vin dicarlo escalation ladder for some cool tricks.

NYC is a get-laid paradise. I've never had more success with girls than in nyc.

Quote: (09-05-2012 07:15 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Are you being honest? Are these girls dropping you/'let's just be friends'-ing you after one or two dates? It sounds like if it was just a matter of waiting around for another date or two, you wouldn't be making this thread.

Many girls reject me after a date but there are some woman that I can definitely fuck but I drop them before it happens because it's getting expensive and a pain in the ass. I know it would happen from past experience because I've done it before. Most of the sex I had sex with in the past were after 2, 3, or 4 dates with a girl and I just don't want to follow that path any longer.

The whole point of this thread is that I don't want to go on dates. I want to have sex on the same night I meet the girls. I know it's possible because I've done it on rare occasions before. I thought that lying about being out of town might improve my odds of SNLs but apparently that is not the case.

Again, the whole focus of this thread was about One Night Stands and Single Night Lays. I don't want to go out on dates with women anymore.

Quote: (09-05-2012 09:08 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

Again, the whole focus of this thread was about One Night Stands and Single Night Lays. I don't want to go out on dates with women anymore.

Strip down the personal items in your place. Say you are in town for a month or two for work -- some multi-national shit where they put you up all over the world. And the company is putting you up in this/your apt. You can try the out of town thing and have somewhere to go.

Or you can escalate quicker.

Quote: (09-05-2012 09:07 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

Many girls reject me after a date but there are some woman that I can definitely fuck but I drop them before it happens because it's getting expensive and a pain in the ass.

Why is getting expensive? Are you taking these girls out on diner dates and picking up the tabs on drinks? If so, that might be a big part of your problem right there.

You should address this in 5 different steps.

1. When you make out is it drunken as does he lose herself in the moment? Closing her eyes etc. being "taken over". If not you're making out too early
2. Are you making out with her aggressively at the venue? Bad. You should make it very obvious you want to fuck her but not a dead giveaway
3. How are you going to get more one-night-stands with an "alibi" girls could care less about your living situation and care more about the "moment"
4. Get more interesting, sounds harsh in print and is true at the same time. The more crazy shit you've done the less likely you will bet get into a normal convo
5. Walk out with the exact cash you are willing to spend in your pocket, no ATM, no credit cards. You're forcig yourself to sped $10/$50/$100 for each day/night. Money is relative.

Go try something you've never done next time. You don't get better by being complacent. You may be happily surprised

Quote: (09-05-2012 09:08 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2012 06:29 AM)j r Wrote:  

Why is getting expensive? Are you taking these girls out on diner dates and picking up the tabs on drinks? If so, that might be a big part of your problem right there.

Just drinks but drinks can be pricey. But that doesn't matter because it's not the point of this topic. For the sake of those who search this topic in the future, I'll summarize the results of this topic.

The point of this topic is if a man lies to a girl and tells her that he doesn't live in NYC would that increase the chances of a woman having sex with him the same night that the man meets her.

The general consensus is that a man lying to a girl and telling her that he is from out of town will not increase the chances of the man having sex with a woman the same night. The status of living in NYC and having a place to bring her is more valuable to having sex with her the same night.

Another point that was made is that if a man is having problems bringing a girl home from a bar & having sex with her as a resident of NYC then he will still have problems bringing her home and having sex with her as a visitor to NYC. So again, no increases in chances of a SNL/ONS.

The other important point that many posters in this topic believe is that a better strategy to having sex the same night with a woman is fast and hard escalation along with bringing up sexual topics early.

Quote: (09-06-2012 08:07 AM)NoBalls Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2012 06:29 AM)j r Wrote:  

Just drinks but drinks can be pricey. But that doesn't matter because it's not the point of this topic. For the sake of those who search this topic in the future, I'll summarize the results of this topic.

The other important point that many posters in this topic believe is that a better strategy to having sex the same night with a woman is fast and hard escalation along with bringing up sexual topics early.

When it comes to getting bangs, nothing is off-topic. We can be very bad at looking at ourselves objectively. There's scores of things that women are constantly evaluating. The thing that is costing you bangs may be something that you never even thought of.

Buying girls $15 cosmo-tinis could be one of those things that sends off provider signals to girls. Try going out with cash as WestCoast suggests. Say something like, "I'll get the first round," and then pay in cash so there's no awkward how to deal with the check moment.

Women are constantly fighting an internal struggle between doing what feels good right now and doing what they think they should do to land a man for the long term. Just remember that every girl who feeds you some line about waiting has most likely banged quite a few dudes within hours of meeting them. There's something about you that's sending the "long term" signal.

I am noticing from you're writing style that you have a very formally logical way of thinking. That's generally a very good thing to have in life, but with women it can sometimes be a negative. Even if you begin to use heavy physical escalation, it may not be able to counter your overall vibe. Your intentions and your actions need to be in sync.

You have a place in Manhattan and you don't think that is a positive in getting a one-night stand?

Your game sucks.