rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Identify this language please! (vid)

Here is an article about a Philippine man "undergoing plastic surgery." You can find a vid about him around halfway through the article.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/20...-superman/

But what language do they speak here? I hear spanish "treinta y cinco años", a Philippine language (which one?), and some english phrases randomly thrown in.

What's going on here?

why do you care, so u can tell a Pilay girl about this?
IDK
Probably Fillipino register of Tagalog, that is the official language.

Not sure why this is important but to answer the question. This is the way they speak in the phils. The original Tagalog language is mixed with a bit of English and Spanish.

I haven't been in the phils for a while so i can't hear the difference anymore between Tagalog and Visaya, the two major languages there.

@avantgarde. It's Pinay not Pilay

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

idk, why I spelled it pilay, it should been pinay, then again I never use this word.

On a side note another language that is like tagalog in many ways is spoken in the carribean. Which is Papiamentu or Papiqmento depending on the island. This is spoken on the Dutch ABC Islands and is a mix of spanish, dutch english and portuguese. It is a fun language to listen to and read. If you speak 2 of the 4 languages you can almost fake your way through the language and joke with the locals.

Quote: (09-02-2012 07:57 PM)johnw28 Wrote:  

On a side note another language that is like tagalog in many ways is spoken in the carribean. Which is Papiamentu or Papiqmento depending on the island. This is spoken on the Dutch ABC Islands and is a mix of spanish, dutch english and portuguese. It is a fun language to listen to and read. If you speak 2 of the 4 languages you can almost fake your way through the language and joke with the locals.

I could never understand papiamentu before even though I speak Dutch and English but now that I've spend some 8 months all over South America I can actually understand it a bit.

I'd say you need a bit of all four languages.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.