rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Big city vs Mid-Size

Big city vs Mid-Size

Hello, I've read some of the travel forum in the past. This is one topic I haven't seen covered. A good example would be Miami vs Tampa.

Miami is obviously the better, trendier, city of the two. And has better looking women.

Tampa, smaller, somewhat redneck, but has good-looking women as well, and it's easier to become "known" in the local club scene. In Miami, the clubs scene has celebs, millionaires, Wall St guys visiting from NY, etc.

So, this can apply to any big city vs mid-size city.

In a "big" city, there's a certain level of anonymity, which can help in some ways. In a mid-size city, the 20/30-something nightlife is usually still somewhat ran like high school in many ways. This can help in a way:

If you get in the right group - you can be "the man". It's also bad because if you appear single too long....people will notice. People also marry younger, not as many available women. Guys appear more desperate as well. It's also harder to get into the established social cliques, most people were born and raised there and have their high school or college friends, etc.

At the same time, it's easier to be impressive.

Your thoughts?

Big city vs Mid-Size

http://www.rooshv.com/the-benefits-of-li...nal-cities

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Big city vs Mid-Size

There are benefits to a mid-size city, but also some drawbacks. The main benefit is that you stand out easier and it's thus easier to gain notoriety/local fame. The drawback is there's far less margin for error since the same crowd recycles itself week after week and you see the same faces over and over again. If you fuck your reputation up, then you need to withdraw for a few months to let everybody forget about you, then jump back into the fray. Playing the numbers game is risky (maybe even ill-advised) because the rejections you'll incur will lower your status. It's to your advantage to establish a social circle (with you at the center), and manage it to your advantage.

In a bigger city, nobody gives a fuck about you unless you go out of your way to make them give fucks, but the turnover rate on faces in a single night is limitless which allows you to play a numbers game. You don't need a social circle.

Big city vs Mid-Size

Quote: (09-04-2012 02:01 PM)Deif Wrote:  

There are benefits to a mid-size city, but also some drawbacks. The main benefit is that you stand out easier and it's thus easier to gain notoriety/local fame. The drawback is there's far less margin for error since the same crowd recycles itself week after week and you see the same faces over and over again. If you fuck your reputation up, then you need to withdraw for a few months to let everybody forget about you, then jump back into the fray. Playing the numbers game is risky (maybe even ill-advised) because the rejections you'll incur will lower your status. It's to your advantage to establish a social circle (with you at the center), and manage it to your advantage.

In a bigger city, nobody gives a fuck about you unless you go out of your way to make them give fucks, but the turnover rate on faces in a single night is limitless which allows you to play a numbers game. You don't need a social circle.

I'm not sure why I received a warning for this topic. But, it is one of tremendous interest to me. If the mods allow, it would be a good topic to revisit. The Roosh post was good, but I'm more interested in mid vs big city dynamics in the US.

Could you explain more about not needing a social circle in the larger cities? Besides a place like Vegas with its transient nature, I still picture a lot of the same people in the same clubs.

Big city vs Mid-Size

I mean that cold approaching comes at little or no consequence if you're in a large city. Given that the majority of your cold approaches will fail, and that other people watching you fail a bunch of times lowers you "social stock," it's often not the best idea to hit on everything that moves in a bar that services the same clientele week after week. If you live in a mid-size city of, say 100,000 people, you will see the same folks on a consistent basis.