rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China: Living Here

So I'm here in China, I thought I'd just give a heads up for anyone thinking of coming out here.

I work 7 days a week between about $23 to $28 CAD per hour as an English Teacher. Its a good job so I take as much overtime as I can handle. I've been doing this for about 10 years in different countries but so far China has been the most profitable... and the least relaxing.
In RMB it fluctuates between 150 to 180 rmb/hour depending on the class. My current living situation I pay 2500/month for the apartment and about 3000/month for food (split between my wife and I).

My wife is Chinese and is pretty excellent to me, so no complaints there. I dont like much Chinese food its not the same stuff we have at home. So mostly my diet consists of of a subway sandwhich at lunch (34 rmb/footlong) and a plate of lanzhou la mien/ban mien (noodles) or fried rice at night for about 7 rmb. We don't cook at home much.... I make in upwards of 15,000/month.. my wife takes in about 3000/month. I'm happy to eat out every night but we also have a fridge and cooking equipment... you can live here on about 500rmb/month if you had to. I sent my wife to cooking classes for a month for 1500 rmb... she knows how to cook lots of chinese dishes now (yuck) and feeds herself quite a bit.

Thursday night we went shopping and I bought a few shirts for 25 rmb each and my wife (a bargain hunter) found a couple her size for 3 rmb after a bit of haggling.

My day to day is spent working with 20-something young women who consistently throw themselves at me.. I believe in traditional marriage so Im happy with just the one. I'm 32, my wife is 23.

My wife and I are minimalists, she was born in abject poverty so she likes to save as much as she possibly can. She insisted that I spend less than 10 rmb on her while out for her birthday, so we went to our usual lanzhou place... she had something a bit more expensive for 15 rmb that night.

Quote: (09-01-2012 10:41 AM)BadWolf Wrote:  

So I'm here in China, I thought I'd just give a heads up for anyone thinking of coming out here.

My wife and I are minimalists, she was born in abject poverty so she likes to save as much as she possibly can. She insisted that I spend less than 10 rmb on her while out for her birthday, so we went to our usual lanzhou place... she had something a bit more expensive for 15 rmb that night.

What? Doesn't she want to have a SUV, a MacMansion?
Don't be stupid and nail one of those petite Chinese girls once in a while.
And don't be a jerk and buy a good and expensive dress to your wife once in a while -she deserves it!
What city are you living in? I want to make my own trip to China. I want to witness the transformation of that country and try my game abilities with those petite girls.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Thanks for the info BadWolf, I'd love to hear more about it. Like Luvianka I'd like to come to China as well, albeit not so much for gaming purposes but rather business and professional/ personal growth. This got me hooked though:

My day to day is spent working with 20-something young women who consistently throw themselves at me.. I believe in traditional marriage so Im happy with just the one. I'm 32, my wife is 23.

could you explain? They're attracted to you for your money/ career or western (I'm assuming) looks or something?

Snowflake: I know your comment is directed at BadWolf. But I grew up in that kind of Asian culture so I will offer you a different perspective.

To an Asian girl (let's focus on just East and South East Asia), hooking up with a Caucasian guy is considered to be a DHV and a sense of difference. It doesn't really matter if the guy has money or not. I have a friend's sister, who has a MBA, who married a British plumber.

That being said, the fact that the average Western Caucasian guy earns more than a typical Asian guy (no minimum/paltry wage) certainly tips the odds in your favour. More money/better career plays a big part.

All the girls seem to think that a half and half baby is the most beautiful thing ever.

Chinese guys come in 2 shades, the ones who treat the girls like sh1t and the super betas who are too scared to talk to them. Its like shooting fish in a barrell... The culture is made up of mostly 'gentlemen' who will wait several years to initiate sex because of 'tradition' while the foreign guys will be able to take it after just a day or two if they put in a little effort. The girls here are very receptive to sex and flirting while the guys are strangely NOT. The Chinese men seem to be very limited by their culture and traditions and it results in a lot of jealousy towards foreigners. Also an asian family must first approve of a woman for the son to date, its not simply a matter of seeing a girl you are attracted to. She has to match all of your parents expectations, for instance: there are millions of girls over 25 (too old to marry) and tons of poor girls (make less than 2500/month) who parents will simply NOT accept. Its sort of a business deal here and the woman must 'accept' the mother and father, the woman's family must agree to give money to the children during the wedding... all kinds of red tape. Men also live with their parents forever and listen to whatever they say. Women do this too until they meet a foreigner at which point they throw tradition to the wind.... it really pisses the Chinese off when they do this resulting in foreinger hate.

The chinese culture is very subservient and dependent on higher authority and extremely introverted whereas the western culture is very dominant, individualistic, creative and extroverted, so its a great mix. The girls are naturally attracted to us, even guys who are considered beta at home are alpha here. The culture here is also very VERY rude, where a guy will publicly blow his nose on the floor and rub it into the carpet... I have seen some sick sh1t like a homeless guy who ate his own cum infront of us after jerking off.. People hawk loogies everywhere, litter, have terrible hygenie, grow their nails very long, pick their nose infront of others and roll it into a ball.. pick their ears and roll the wax up. People spit everywhere, fart, piss and sh1t into trash bags, belch infront of you, cut in lines ahead of you and think nothing of it.

The girls really appreciate a guy who has a little western sophistication and the fact that we accept them no matter their financial situation, family background or age. The chinese society is incredibly materialistic and if you are from a poor family, the likelihood of you getting married is almost 0, even if you are absolutely beautiful. Women remain virgins in the North until they are 25 or 26... in the south they seem to only wait until 12 or 13, Cantonese and Mandarin have wildly different cultures.

I think its pretty natural to be attracted to something different. When I look at white girls now, I see ugly little trolls staring back at me... I could honestly never go back to them.

I hate to put this next thing, but its very true. Just a warning to any NON whites out there, Chinese can be extremely racist. They carry umbrellas with them so as not to tan their skin. They really don't like anything non-white and have no qualms about voicing their displeasure to your face... the south is much worse than the North for this and frequently I hear 'dirty-foreigner and white devil' comments from the men and old people when I'm with my wife. Japanese are big on black guys but Chinese bear alot of resentment towards them. I think its because there are so many africans flooding into China and dealing drugs.

I don't mean to paint a wonderful picture of life here... its not super great nor is it terrible. If you happen to be a white, male, heterosexual, native speaker, then likely there is a job and a woman here for you. This post is not meant to be racist, I'm just stating the truth.

http://www.chinasmack.com

That's awesome man. Any tips on teaching english and getting paid well for it? Do you do private tutoring, etc? I know it's been covered here before, but would be great to hear your take as you've obviously worked to make a success of it there.

Great info, what about the lack of freedom/ police state, has that ever given problems?

Quote: (09-01-2012 08:03 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  

The culture here is also very VERY rude, where a guy will publicly blow his nose on the floor and rub it into the carpet... I have seen some sick sh1t like a homeless guy who ate his own cum infront of us after jerking off.. People hawk loogies everywhere, litter, have terrible hygenie, grow their nails very long, pick their nose infront of others and roll it into a ball.. pick their ears and roll the wax up. People spit everywhere, fart, piss and sh1t into trash bags, belch infront of you, cut in lines ahead of you and think nothing of it.

I had you at homeless guy...

I have spent the last several years in China so I can add some thoughts….

Agree on the mixed baby thing. Have heard a bunch of girls saying how cute that is and how they all want to meet mixed guys.

The huge gender imbalance is becoming more and more an issue. Every girl here is going to have many, many guys to choose from. The problem is their family’s all want them to marry into the best possible financial situation, so if you are a migrant construction worker, you are going to have a lot of problems finding a girl friend or wife. It is big a problem that is only get worse.

A white native speaker? I have yet to ever meet one…some white dudes definitely have great Mandarin/Cantonese but how many are really native speakers? That being said, my experience is that if you are white and speak intermediate Chinese you will definitely slay it. Hell even if you aren’t much more than a beginner you will still do great.

Shanghai and Beijing have some high end clubs/lounges that seem like they have come straight out of the USA. Basically if a lounge is filled with expat women you need to treat it just like you were in the USA and be prepared to act accordingly. Obviously not all the women are like that, but if she is an expat (my personal advice – don’t bother with the expats) or a Chinese girl who went to college in the USA, don’t be surprised if their attitude is through the roof.

Definitely agree on the manners…if you come from a Western country you can definitely be shocked by what's acceptable at times. I love it when the Chinese will ask a fat foreigner “Why are you so fat? Do you just love to eat cake too much?” (that’s an exact quote by the way).

You can even run “Polite Game” at a restaurant if you have a cute waitress. Basically just say please and thank you to your waitress and smile at her. Maybe make a lame joke or ask her what’s her favorite dish on the menu. It’s really that simple. So many of the customers (ie 100%) treat the waitresses like shit and are rude to them they are actually shocked that someone doesn’t. Honestly it really doesn’t take any game, just being able to speak a bit of Chinese.

I spent 2 Months in Shenzhen this year an BadWolf is spot on with everything he said.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Yeap, the gender imbalance is an issue, however, I guess the Chinese are dealing with the problem in two ways. First, an increasing number of Chinese males are marrying African women. Second, the Chinese are clonning their women.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

I think its pretty natural to be attracted to something different. When I look at white girls now, I see ugly little trolls staring back at me... I could honestly never go back to them.

I hate to put this next thing, but its very true. Just a warning to any NON whites out there, Chinese can be extremely racist. They carry umbrellas with them so as not to tan their skin. They really don't like anything non-white and have no qualms about voicing their displeasure to your face... the south is much worse than the North for this and frequently I hear 'dirty-foreigner and white devil' comments from the men and old people when I'm with my wife. Japanese are big on black guys but Chinese bear alot of resentment towards them. I think its because there are so many africans flooding into China and dealing drugs.

I don't mean to paint a wonderful picture of life here... its not super great nor is it terrible. If you happen to be a white, male, heterosexual, native speaker, then likely there is a job and a woman here for you. This post is not meant to be racist, I'm just stating the truth.

Dude, females for centuries all over the world wanted to have fair skin, it was a sign of higher status, prior to the tanning and obese office job culture, being fair was big also in the west. It is considered prettier to be whiter in Asia and also Africa, but I think a lot of men don't really give a fuck.

Also, almost every highly dense city in a developing country is gonna be dirty as fuck.

Great thread, I'm crazy for every new thread about China. Hopefully in the near future I'll be the one adding alot of input.

Keep it up guys.

If you happen to be a white, male, heterosexual, native speaker, then likely there is a job and a woman here for you.

BadWolf, do you mean native English speaker? If so, how does a guy like you describe above go about getting to china and taking a deep dive into the sea of pussy? Get a job as an English teacher at any school in a big city and go from there?

All the girls seem to think that a half and half baby is the most beautiful thing ever.

Chinese guys come in 2 shades, the ones who treat the girls like sh1t and the super betas who are too scared to talk to them. Its like shooting fish in a barrell... The culture is made up of mostly 'gentlemen' who will wait several years to initiate sex because of 'tradition' while the foreign guys will be able to take it after just a day or two if they put in a little effort. The girls here are very receptive to sex and flirting while the guys are strangely NOT. The Chinese men seem to be very limited by their culture and traditions and it results in a lot of jealousy towards foreigners. Also an asian family must first approve of a woman for the son to date, its not simply a matter of seeing a girl you are attracted to. She has to match all of your parents expectations, for instance: there are millions of girls over 25 (too old to marry) and tons of poor girls (make less than 2500/month) who parents will simply NOT accept. Its sort of a business deal here and the woman must 'accept' the mother and father, the woman's family must agree to give money to the children during the wedding... all kinds of red tape. Men also live with their parents forever and listen to whatever they say. Women do this too until they meet a foreigner at which point they throw tradition to the wind.... it really pisses the Chinese off when they do this resulting in foreinger hate.

The chinese culture is very subservient and dependent on higher authority and extremely introverted whereas the western culture is very dominant, individualistic, creative and extroverted, so its a great mix. The girls are naturally attracted to us, even guys who are considered beta at home are alpha here. The culture here is also very VERY rude, where a guy will publicly blow his nose on the floor and rub it into the carpet... I have seen some sick sh1t like a homeless guy who ate his own cum infront of us after jerking off.. People hawk loogies everywhere, litter, have terrible hygenie, grow their nails very long, pick their nose infront of others and roll it into a ball.. pick their ears and roll the wax up. People spit everywhere, fart, piss and sh1t into trash bags, belch infront of you, cut in lines ahead of you and think nothing of it.

The girls really appreciate a guy who has a little western sophistication and the fact that we accept them no matter their financial situation, family background or age. The chinese society is incredibly materialistic and if you are from a poor family, the likelihood of you getting married is almost 0, even if you are absolutely beautiful. Women remain virgins in the North until they are 25 or 26... in the south they seem to only wait until 12 or 13, Cantonese and Mandarin have wildly different cultures.

I think you speak the truth, albeit a somewhat simplified perspective of racism within Chinese-dominant societies. As a 3rd generation Singapore-Chinese who has relatives in China, I have to agree that many Chinese are somewhat racist. Is it from a sense of superiority complex? Not always.

Even for a Chinese within China, what dialect group, what language/accent you speak or your socioeconomic status has a significant bearing on how you are treated. The resentment against African seems to be a socioeconomic one. After almost an entire century of being poor, I don't find it surprising that there is a significant prejudice against people of poverty. Hell... Even my late grandpa, who immigrated to Singapore after WWII, refused to have to do anything with the villagers and distant relatives from his hometown. Old people are in my opinion particularly racist, while I think it is due to a lack of interaction with other cultures, there is still no excuse for their behaviour.

Avantgarde nailed the gross part. My buddy, who is from Russia and travels to Belarus a lot, tells me that similar gross stuff happens there.

Enjoy China now! As more Chinese move out of poverty, they will become more and more picky about who they date. At the current rate in which China consumes Hollywood culture, I don't think it's going to be a good gaming ground for too long.

Quote:Quote:

When I say NATIVE SPEAKER I mean anyone born in a country where English is the first language:

Canada, America, South Africa, Britian, Australia, New Zealand.

Quote:Quote:

Great info, what about the lack of freedom/ police state, has that ever given problems?

Well I can only speak about the good things (does that answer your
question) [Image: smile.gif]

I keep my life pretty simple and tend not to get involved in political things.. I keep hearing about this 'lack of freedom' but for daily life there isn't anything I can't do. I watch all the 3D movies at the movie theatre... Prometheus came out yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I watch all the tv shows on the computer on China's version of youtube. (youku.com) Hospitals are much more discreet and you can buy anything over the counter.

I feel I had a greater lack of freedom in Canada, ever try putting down a female co-worker or disagreeing with ANY LGBT/female agenda in the first world? I think there is a greater police state at home. I feel very opressed when I'm in Canada as I can't speak to anyone about anything real. The majority of women here wear skirts and long dresses and openly question women about their lack of boyfriend/marriage/sexual orientation. The only feminism I have seen here is from the other foreigner women and beta males. Luckily, it stops with them and the women here realize that foreign girls are extremely bitter and resentful. Foreign women are simply not welcome in China. I feel I have alot more freedom here in China to say and do as I please in a normal relationship than I ever did in Canada. I can say what I feel here and noone can have me fired from my job, its simply not done. The women here respect the men enough not to do petty things like that.

I highly recommend China for anyone sick of the LGBT/Feminist agenda back home. In Canada, I used to make balloons for kids at children's birthday parties and was criticized heavily for giving guns to boys and flowers to girls, I'd even have people call my agent to complain. The modern mother back home thought guns, swords or spaceships were too violent and protested when I wouldn't make flowers for boys.... they never once complained when a little girl would ask me for a shotgun or a sword... You will never see that in China, the female/male roles are very strong. Girls always ask for flowers or puppies, boys always ask for spaceships and swords... I feel this might be the last place on earth where I can still be a man among men.

Get a job as an English teacher at any school in a big city and go from there?

http://www.daveseslcafe.com
http://www.globaltesol.com <-- I got my start with these guys... you can go on to take the CELTA but I don't think its absolutely necessary.

You will likely have to take a first job for a year teaching children, its hell. I've been in and out of the business for 10 years and I don't mind teaching kids so much anymore but my current school is 99% adults and corporate classes. I don't need to work doing privates or anything, I'm compensated quite well for my time and I'm actually working a bit too much right now. 7 days a week about 8 hours a day. I bought a PSP to kill the office hours between classes though. If you are desperate to get your first year in, you can apply to either ASTON or EF. It doesn't matter if you teach kids or adults, women who work at the company or know single friends will introduce them to you once you make it known that you are looking for a chinese girl to date/marry. I had just as many offers from female co-workers way up in Lanzhou than I have from my students down here. I currently have enough on my plate with my girlfriend, but I have plenty of female students looking for a man to marry. If you are into marriage PM me... if you are just looking for a quick bang, I can't help you.

[quote='BadWolf' pid='260650' dateline='1346514081']

I work 7 days a week between about $23 to $28 CAD per hour as an English Teacher. Its a good job so I take as much overtime as I can handle. I've been doing this for about 10 years in different countries but so far China has been the most profitable... and the least relaxing.
In RMB it fluctuates between 150 to 180 rmb/hour depending on the class. My current living situation I pay 2500/month for the apartment and about 3000/month for food (split between my wife and I).

My wife is Chinese and is pretty excellent to me, so no complaints there. I dont like much Chinese food its not the same stuff we have at home. So mostly my diet consists of of a subway sandwhich at lunch (34 rmb/footlong) and a plate of lanzhou la mien/ban mien (noodles) or fried rice at night for about 7 rmb. We don't cook at home much.... I make in upwards of 15,000/month.. my wife takes in about 3000/month. I'm happy to eat out every night but we also have a fridge and cooking equipment... you can live here on about 500rmb/month if you had to. I sent my wife to cooking classes for a month for 1500 rmb... she knows how to cook lots of chinese dishes now (yuck) and feeds herself quite a bit.

You could be saving a lot of money if u cooked at home, I mean a family of 3-4 in a first tier city spends like 1500rmb/month that is with meat and everything. Dude, even if u ate chinese fast food every meal even in a higher cost city, u would only spend like 26- 32rmb a day, I mean 3-5rmb for baozi or a bowl of noodles, 8-10 for lunch and 8-10 for dinner, maybe 5rmb for fruits, 2rmb for drinks, that is 780-960rmb/month. 34rmb for a foot long is like almost 5.5usd for a sub, shit, I can get a foot long subway in US for 5usd before tax, and labor is way more in US than China.

[quote] (09-02-2012 09:45 PM)avantgarde Wrote:  

You could be saving a lot of money if u cooked at home, I mean a family of 3-4 in a first tier city spends like 1500rmb/month that is with meat and everything. Dude, even if u ate chinese fast food every meal even in a higher cost city, u would only spend like 26- 32rmb a day, I mean 3-5rmb for baozi or a bowl of noodles, 8-10 for lunch and 8-10 for dinner, maybe 5rmb for fruits, 2rmb for drinks, that is 780-960rmb/month. 34rmb for a foot long is like almost 5.5usd for a sub, shit, I can get a foot long subway in US for 5usd before tax, and labor is way more in US than China.[/quote]

We are in the most expensive first tier city in the mainland though and I only have an hour for lunch. Subway is downstairs and its the only western food I can find around my workplace... I'm not a fan of asian foods... the only thing I really like is the milk tea! [Image: biggrin.gif]
I am really opposed to eating anything made of pink slime... I eat fruits every now and then but my mom used to make italian food everyday. I loved western chinese food but authentic chinese is not my thing. I eat one sub a day... maybe some la mien at night for 7 rmb... my wife eats maybe a bowl of noodles all day and some grapes, she's very small. I budget for 3000/month for food and work a few extra classes on the weekend to pay for it... we still manage to bank about 7 to 10,000/month. I don't mind working overtime to have western food available during the week! [Image: biggrin.gif]

Going to see prometheus in 3D on friday night, here that costs 100 rmb.

Don't get me wrong man, I use to live in Wuhan and it was 1/3 the price of everything here. I'm well aware of the costs of China and how the Chinese live... my wife is from an extremely poor part of the North where 500/month was considered well to do.

I also lived way up North where the cost of a 3 bedroom apartment didn't exceed 800/month. That was ok but I get paid the most in this city... I have a friend in Chengdu who married a Chinese girl and bought a 3 bdrm house with a pool there for 20,000. I can afford his house in 2 months working this job. I appreciate the advice but food and clean living conditions are things I will not compromise on. My wife can cook a TON of dishes and feeds herself most of the time... last night she made us eggplant and mystery meat surprise.... not for me thanks. I actually spend the large majority of our food budget on myself. 34rmb B.L.T footlong with everything on it. Part of the appeal about living here is I can live much better than I did at home. Here I can afford to feed and cloth my wife and myself, play games between classes, do all the stuff I love doing at home and still have money to bank at the end of the month. [Image: smile.gif]

I will be able to buy a new house in Hubei near the end of this year... that is an awesome feeling.

[quote] (09-02-2012 10:06 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  

[quote='avantgarde' pid='261555' dateline='1346640307']

I also lived way up North where the cost of a 3 bedroom apartment didn't exceed 800/month. That was ok but I get paid the most in this city... I have a friend in Chengdu who married a Chinese girl and bought a 3 bdrm house with a pool there for 20,000. I can afford his house in 2 months working this job. I appreciate the advice but food and clean living conditions are things I will not compromise on. My wife can cook a TON of dishes and feeds herself most of the time... last night she made us eggplant and mystery meat surprise.... not for me thanks. I actually spend the large majority of our food budget on myself. 34rmb B.L.T footlong with everything on it. Part of the appeal about living here is I can live much better than I did at home. Here I can afford to feed and cloth my wife and myself, play games between classes, do all the stuff I love doing at home and still have money to bank at the end of the month. [Image: smile.gif]

I will be able to buy a new house in Hubei near the end of this year... that is an awesome feeling.[/quote]
Dude, u get ur clothes pretty cheap though. Where do u live like in Beijing or Shanghai?

Quote: (09-01-2012 12:01 PM)Luvianka Wrote:  

What? Doesn't she want to have a SUV, a MacMansion?
Don't be stupid and nail one of those petite Chinese girls once in a while.
And don't be a jerk and buy a good and expensive dress to your wife once in a while -she deserves it!
What city are you living in? I want to make my own trip to China. I want to witness the transformation of that country and try my game abilities with those petite girls.

I don't know why you're criticising Badwolf, he sounds happy. If he wants to focus on other things in life other than chasing chicks and wasting money on women, I don't see why you need to tear him down. He's got a young, subservient, dedicated wife - there's nothing wrong with that. And he paid for her to learn how to cook, a bit more useful than a dress.

Old people are assholes but it's not the really old. Above 65 are awesome. Most of the assholes seem to be in the 40 to 60 range. It makes sense because hey lived through and either participated in or were persecuted during the cultural revolution, so they like foreigners the least.

So you eat western foods everywhere u travel? U should adapt to the cuisine of the place, eating innards or exotic animals are not that bad, they just look funny and have slightly different tastes and textures. You should try donkey meat, it is pretty good.

Thursday night we went shopping and I bought a few shirts for 25 rmb each and my wife (a bargain hunter) found a couple her size for 3 rmb after a bit of haggling.

If you have years of teaching experience and are in a tier 1 city you can be making 200+ rmb per hour.

Clock in your normal hours at your school that you get your visa through and freelance at kindergardens, companies, and 1 on 1 classes if you want to increase your income.

I routinely charged 200+ rmb per hour and that was in a tier 2 city that was notorious for cheap people.

Teaching Koreans kids on the side is a profitable way to go as well, you go to there homes, their mom gives you food teach one or two of their kids pocket 200-250rmb per hour.

Just a suggestion, if you like they way you are set up no need to change.

Thank you for sharing your experiences BadWolf and anyone else on living in China. I'm currently in HK and will be going to Guangzhou tomorrow afternoon. I'm extremely excited at the opportunities available there. I will be posting some of my observations from China as well. I've been talking to expats and entrepreneurs living in China and all I can say to anyone in here, is that it is the land of the opportunities by excellence. There are so many opportunities there, it simply beyond belief. You've got to come see it for yourself to believe it. Start by checking theelevatorlife.com These guys are golden and the real deal. I spoke to them today and I'm meeting them on saturday in Guangzhou. I was blown away by the ideas these guys gave me. The 2 best opportunities right now for us young guys are in the oil fields in Alberta in Canada and North Dakota for those in the US and in China for the entrepreneur types.

I'm sure they are nice guys and I hope they are successful but according to their website they have been in China for about 2 years.

Considering there are western consultants and firms that have been there for decades, setting up companies, sourcing, doing marketing research, advising on mergers and acquisituions, with a massive staff of locals, accountants, and lawyers, I'd be pretty skeptical of what 2 dudes with 2 years of experience can bring to the table.

But obviously I haven't met them, you have, but 2 years ain't much to "figure out" China in my book. Just being skeptical I guess.