rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Domineering Mother + Weak Father = Beta Son?

Earlier there was a discussion about whether single mothers produce beta sons. Yet some of the best and baddest players I know come from single mother households.

I actually think two-parent households with a domineering mother and weak father are the most toxic environments for boys to be raised. These guys grow up weak-willed, supplicating and even fearful of women. These perpetual "mama's boy" nice guys end up being walked all over as they haven't learned how to assert themselves.

I suspect a lot of late adult virgins fall into this category. The ones that swallow the red pill end up disgusted with their fathers while resentful of their mothers, and go out of their way to distance themselves from their father's betaness and turn into players. The ones that don't marry the first girl that shows them attention and later end up pillaged in divorce court.

On the other hand boys with alpha fathers and doting mothers turn out healthy and emotionally and well-balanced. They're assertive and confident in their masculinity and have learned how to keep girls in line.

The role of a strong father is critical and often underestimated in raising healthy, happy sons. Does a man's interactions with women mirror that of his father with his mother? Thoughts?

Although it's the traditional role for the father to be the 'alpha' of the family, some guys moms are the real alphas. All a kid needs is a strong alpha figure, it doesnt matter if its a mom or dad.

The greeks in particular are a very matriarchal society and greek moms are some tough mothers!!! (no pun intended) a lot of guys will absorb these strengths.

you just described my life

I completely agree with this. However, some of this is genetic and it can't all be attributed to environmental factors.

I've been a total Omega / Lesser Beta in my adolescence and had to climb all the way to where I am today by myself. However, I don't blame my family. They're just normal, mother isn't domineering nor the father particularly Beta. It's just that they lived in a different time (they met in high school through my mom's best friend), and they've never had any idea that the stuff that used to be true in their time - such as "just be yourself", "be a gentleman", "never make her think you want her just for sex", etc - would no longer be true.

I blame the society as whole for my plight, but I don't blame my parents.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Does this belong in the game section?