rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Austin, Texas

Austin, Texas

Austin Data Sheet That's Actually Useful

After scoping the existing Austin data sheet I figured I'd do everyone a favor and produce something up-to-date and useful for anyone traveling to Austin, with friends or solo.

City Vibe

As stated in the previous data sheet, Austin is an extremely laid-back city. Not only is it home to one of the largest universities in the country, it also have a thriving tech and start-up scene (Apple is setting up shop here and will be employing tens of thousands of people); Dell and Whole Foods are headquartered here, Google, Cengage, and other large firms have sizable offices here too. While it's still a very young city, there's a variety of women, age, income, and experience wise.

Anyone with an open mind and a good attitude will have a great time here. People in Austin are very friendly, but it's also subtly cliquey, but nothing anyone with social finesse can't break into.

Women

In the previous thread, there were a number of people complaining that Austin has turned into a “cock-fest.” Yes, there are many people moving here who think they're going to pull gorgeous blond ass all day long. Unfortunately, most of these dudes suck and couldn't pull a ONS with a chubby 5 if their lives depended on it. An average guy with mediocre game can do well here, provided you don't have approach anxiety.

The quality of women varies depending on what part of downtown you're in, as well as what bar you're at...more info on this below. There's a plethora of 7+ here, most of which is easy and pulling a ONS is easy if you're not a rookie, and even easier if you're good looking.

On weekends, you'll find ALL KINDS of girls from Texas cities that are visiting Austin for the weekend. These are usually easy pulls and this isn't limited to a specific part of downtown, they're everywhere. Typically, these are cooler girls from the whacker cities in Texas (Houston, San Antonio, Dallas). In my experience, these ladies will be visiting in packs of 2 or 3, sometimes with a gay thrown in for good measure. Usually, they'll meet up with packs of people—often, a good number of dudes—almost none of which are serious cockblock threats, although the fat friend is somewhat common. Make sure to assess early on whether or not she has extremely high/Christian morals to ensure you're not wasting you're time. Most ladies here are down, but if she's from deep east or west Texas, I'd cut your losses and move on. I have many friends who visited, did not heed this advice, and ended up with nothing more than a cuddle buddy, and these are guys that can pull; even though you're in Austin, it's still Texas; you've been warned.

That being said, there are plenty of opens. One of the most effective things I do is stay mobile, and don't get set on a girl just because she's hot and seems into you. Be social, be mobile, and don't get myopic.

With regard to game, to each his own, but “dick” game doesn't work that well here in most venues. This city has plenty of high-end tail that will see right through the “dick game” facade and will not hesitate to call you out on it. As always, still works on most college girls, but you're far better sticking to light teasing, if going neg. is your thing. Girls here are very friendly in most venues, and it's easy to approach most of them, especially if they smile at you/show IOI. Bitch shields are high in the Warehouse District and also common at numerous bars on West 6th.

Competition

It's very common to see attractive females out with other men, but 98% of those guys are weaksauce betas or gay. Waiting for your moment is fine, but sacking up and rolling on a group is cake, especially if you're doing anything remotely cool with your life, have your shit together, and can chat up a group.

There are droves of hipster dudes who work in restaurants/cafes, play some kind of instrument, and act like they're hot shit. They're not, and are frequently insecure, but somehow manage to have a large number of attractive female friends. In my 3 years here, I only had one problem with this, and it resulted me having to finish a fight some kid in skinny jeans started. Uncommon, but like anywhere, it can happen.

If you're running night game at a bar or club, you don't have to settle. Massive amounts of tail and plenty of opportunities.

For the Solo Traveler

If you're rolling solo, you need to assess a few things.

1.Will you be here for a Thursday night and/or weekend?
2.Are you comfortable night gaming solo?
3.Will you be here on the 3rd Thursday of the month?

1.If you're here on Thursday/weekend, I'd suggest staying downtown. There's a litany of options and all the major hotels are here. Much easier to get a woman back to your hotel downtown and you can take a pedicab back to the hotel which is a great way to escalate things.

2.If you're comfortable running game alone, almost anywhere downtown will do. Revert back to #1. If you're not okay with running night game alone, stay on south Congress. As mentioned in the previous thread, Austin motel is budget. Hotel San Jose is classy and has a great bar that's frequently filled with 7+ trim. South congress is great for running day game and you're a straight shot to downtown if you want to go out at night.

3.The 3rd Thursday of every month, Congress avenue gets packed with people, artists, musicians, etc. etc. There's a lot of couples that go to this, but it's still very easy to find pairs and trios of attractive women. 3rd Thursday gives you endless things to talk about and if you position your approach correctly, you can walk her right back into your hotel.

In addition to the above, gaming at the Whole Foods flagship location (5th and Lamar) is ridiculously fun, and relatively easy. Central Market is great too, but it's a bit further from S. Congress.. Going during peak hours is best, but there's cute girls at both places all day.

Barton Springs is a naturally-fed pool that is the universe's gift to man. The previous data sheet mentioned that there's a bunch of college girls topless, which is simply untrue. The only girls that are topless are—for the most part—hippie chicks, most of whom you don't want to look at. Austin is a liberal city, but do you really think a 20 something year old college girl is going to sunbathe topless in front of hundreds of men and families? No way. Swim up to a cute girl and ask her a question or make a funny observation (the number of people provide for endless banter, but I'd avoid making strongly negative comments about others). Smashed my first Texan here, on the first time out. Money.

Black Swan Yoga – Not for the faint of heart. Located downtown, right near Whole Foods, is a very popular yoga studio that's donation-based; you don't even need your own mat or towel. “Sweaty yoga” as they called it, is absolutely amazing. Literally tons of women in sports bras and short shorts sweating and doing yoga. I used to have great success here, but once the word got out, it became increasing flooded with betas, resulting in a decrease in the number of women open to being chatted up after a class. Still doable, but again, not for the weak. Tuesday 6:30 is a solid class, but make sure to get there early or you won't get a spot. 6:10 should be fine.

Traveling with Friend(s)

Make sure you've got an adequately sized room if you think you're going to pull anything. Austin girls are very open, but don't count on most of them being open to banging you while your wingman is crushing guts with her friend, although I could be mistaken, it seems very unlikely.

Almost all major hotels will be suitable and provide easy access (walking) to downtown and restaurants.

Parts of Downtown

West 6th Street

This is the classier part of 6th street and where you'll generally find the most attractive women. All of these bars are right next to each other, so it's easy to post up here all night and still bar hop. The guys here are mostly beta, but this is where I've seen the most competition. Some may argue that the Warehouse district has top-level competition; I disagree, but it may just be my style. Drinks are slightly more expensive, but still very reasonable when compared to LA, NY, Miami, etc.

Bars I Like

KeyBar – Outdoor spot with a relatively wide age group. Game is easier when it's crowded. You're less likely to have to cold approach an isolated group, and can approach and/or isolate a girl near the bar, even if she's standing next to her friends.

Dog Wood – Mostly outdoor bar with a small interior. Right next to KeyBar. Cool staff, full of 7-8+, as well as mostly betas. I've heard the most rudimentary PUA stuff butchered here more than once. Cockblocking via girlfriends can happen here, but is relatively easy to avoid if you can appease the group.

Molotov – Again, next door to the two above, and just like the others, full of women. Darker and louder than Key and Dog Wood, but the top level has an okay view, is quieter, and easy to pull, especially if you smoke/feel like smoking.

You could spend all night at these 3 bars and do very well if your game is on-point. J-Blacks and the other bars across the street are loaded with hotties, but service is poor, and it's often filled with douchey guys who cockblock, act tough, and generally suck at life. Still a decent option and in many cases, if you meet women at the above 3, there's a strong chance you'll end up here.

East 6th Street – AKA Dirty 6th

This is the more infamous part of 6th street. Tons of bars, tons of women, tons of trash. I am not a huge fan of this part of downtown. It's mostly amateur hour and the girls I've pulled from here were usually too drunk for my taste by the time they got back to my spot and/or terrible in the sack. Plenty of variety, some quality.

Bars I Like

The Jackalope – Not for everyone. Probably has the best burgers in Austin. It's mostly a punk bar, but all kinds of people come in and out. There's often snuff films/hardcore violent and sexual Asian films playing on the TV screens. If you don't like rocker chicks with tattoos, keep moving.

Red Rooster – Usually loaded with girls, who are out with 3-5 betas. Approaching girls here--directly in front of the guys who don't know what to do with them--gives me great pleasure. And it's fucking easy. Honestly, I've seen more dudes here disgracing our gender than anywhere else in Austin. Plenty of opportunity if you like them young, dumb, and drunk.

Maggie Maes – A classic Austin bar with multiple levels and people of all ages. Not a classy place (shots in plastic cups) but has a dance floor and is easy to pull from if you can approach. Minimal comp.
Any other bar in this area will be about the same. Yes, there are differences, but it's more or less the same scene. Personally, I don't like Pure. It's full of skeezy hoes that I probably wouldn't bang, and fights happen there frequently. Looks cool, but you're better off going elsewhere and avoiding the trashy wannabes.

Rainey Street

Rainey street used to be nothing but homes, but the homeowners decided to re-zone in order to increase the property value. Now, due the obscene number of people going up and down the street all night, all of the homes have turned into bars.

Parking here can be a nightmare. Arrive early if you're driving and don't want to hoof it for a mile or so.

Lustre Pearl – This should be your starting point. There are numerous bars on the street, but this is where I've always begun. Great bar for hanging out and there are plenty of cute women here, especially on Friday/Saturday. Typically, I see 8+ trim there around 10:30, and they'll usually cruise over to downtown after a few drinks. Usually mixed groups, although it's not uncommon to see 3 or more girls together without the usual betas in tow.

I've been to a number of other bars, but can't recall the names and don't feel the need to look them up.

There's plenty of tail at most bars in this area. A simple visual spot-check works just fine, as most busy places have people spilling out onto the front (remember, these all used to be houses).

If I'm out here, I'll usually snag a number or two and move elsewhere to downtown. Works like a charm, although I will stick around if the girl is smokin' and seems down.

Night Plan

I'd either start @ Luster Pearl, check out other bars on Rainey street and move to Dirty 6th, or start on west 6th and move to dirty 6th if you want/need to.

I'll shred out the rest of this puppy tomorrow, including data about the eastside (there's 2 distinct parts of "east 6th") but I wanted to throw this up in the event that anyone is rolling through town.

Austin, Texas

I was in Austin a few days ago. It's full of pussies who are scared to look you in your eye and don't see a problem with giving directions at 2 in the morning on a dark road. Felt like I was in a Twilight Zone. I would of had a gun pulled on me if I tried that in Houston. I'm getting tired of people spreading lies that it's such a great city and like it's the only one worth visiting in Texas. I should wear a shirt that says AUSTIN IS WEAK next time and watch everyone look away when our eyes meet.

With that being said, It's a tiny city so that's great for the girls. I was all up and down 6th street and downtown. Yes, the girls are very down to earth and friendly. I don't think I had one girl give me a nasty look or get crazy when I talked to them. Everyone that I talked to was in a good mood and friendly (guys and girls). Even the pigs were smiling and friendly. There's a section near the UT campus where students not old enough to drink were walking around. It's like a neighborhood with stores/restaurants for a few blocks. I think Guadalupe street. I don't know if it gets crazy or what but I want to try to make something happen there next time I'm in town if it's always crowded. Oh yeah, one girl and her friend were trying to get into a bar at 1:59 as I was leaving and I told her it's closing time. She said something like "I know what time it is" in a smart ass voice and I told her to get out of the way then. My cousin looked at her and she looked away real fast and didn't say anything else. I've never seen anything like that. You'll have fun in Austin if you're at least a little aggressive. You can tell right away nobody is used to that.

There was a good amount of hipsters trying extremely hard to look cool, but they're ok in my book as long as they stay in their own lane. People can't drive for shit out there and the freeways are a joke. I didn't really see any "douchebags" so that's always good! I also didn't really see to much tan and black skin when I went out at night. It was mainly whites. That's all I can think of right now.

Alpha Mind - Where should a player go if he wants to fuck 18, 19 and 20 year olds? I look young and would do better with them.

Austin, Texas

What night were you there? UT is one of the largest universities in the country and the mix is in full force here.

I don't try to pull young girls here; they're terrible in the sack. If I wanted to, I'd look to malls and around UT. Guadalupe is the street.

I'm going to call you out though...if you were to visit one city in Texas, with a given percentage of reason being that you wanted to pull, Austin is the best destination, hands down. Houston girls are, in a word, chubby. Also, when it gets bumpin' in Houston, it can get ghetto while you're ordering a drink, literally.

Hipsters do you a favor. In fact, if they're interacting with you, it will make you even better. If nothing else, welcome the hipster betas to occupy the hipster fatties so you isolate and take care of business.

Austin, Texas

I was there Monday and Tuesday. I don't even know what you're calling me out on?? I thought you were pulling some Austintude on me with your comment about every city being wack. It's a friendly, small, safe city with a lot of people trying to hard to look cool. That's perfect for guys like us trying to get some pussy [Image: wink.gif]

Yeah, I can tell it's a lot easier to pull there. Do underage students always hang around Guadalupe street on the weekends? I seen some trying to get into bars on 6th street unless they just looked young as hell. I'm asking because I have a baby face and have an easier time with 18 and 19 yr olds than girls my own age. I wanna go back for at least a weekend with some clean clothes this time lol. It was unplanned so I didn't bring anything except the clothes on my back.

I still can't get it out of my mind how friendly the girls were. I don't know if it's because the semester just started or what.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (08-30-2012 02:25 AM)houston Wrote:  

I was there Monday and Tuesday. I don't even know what you're calling me out on?? I thought you were pulling some Austintude on me with your comment about every city being wack. It's a friendly, small, safe city with a lot of people trying to hard to look cool. That's perfect for guys like us trying to get some pussy [Image: wink.gif]

Yeah, I can tell it's a lot easier to pull there. Do underage students always hang around Guadalupe street on the weekends? I seen some trying to get into bars on 6th street unless they just looked young as hell. I'm asking because I have a baby face and have an easier time with 18 and 19 yr olds than girls my own age. I wanna go back for at least a weekend with some clean clothes this time lol. It was unplanned so I didn't bring anything except the clothes on my back.

I still can't get it out of my mind how friendly the girls were. I don't know if it's because the semester just started or what.

Yes, they are very friendly. It's amazing. I'd go on the weekend if I were you.

Austin, Texas

Lived for a year in Austin. Worked for a few months as an apartment locator for college kids on campus.

For college girls I recommend trying to roll into house parties on the weekends. Most weekends even in summer have some house parties. They are usually pretty laid back but don't do anything to piss off frat boys if you see them on the street. They are known to bust ass here.

Pearl Street coop has parties sometimes . And there a few others in the neighborhood just a block or two west of guadalupe. Basically there is a line of student houses that parallels guadalupe from MLK in the south to 28th st in the north. Its about 3/4 of a mile long and is crawling with girls and house parties on weekends.

For bars check out Cain and Abels B+ (frat/sorority types). "The local" is alright on campus. "Spider house" c+ for hippyish, plus another one right around the corner (can't remember, ask around). Generally the meat market on campus is mostly at house parties and the street maybe.

The exact center of downtown is known in lair lingo as "dead 6th" because it can be hard to pull. But go a few blocks away and it gets easier. You will know you are in the wrong place if the street is filled with people.

Barbarella's dance floor is known for girls who are down for grinding. Downtown on red river st.

There is a dance club downtown that is open till 5 am (other places close at 3am). Ask for it, its in an alley just off 6th, near the jimmy johns.

Dogwood in west 6th is a meat market as are the bars around there.

By the way Eeyore's Birthday is a free one day hippy festival, in april? This year towards the late afternoon the topless thing caught on with chicks and it became a college girl hippy strip club. These were girls who you wanted to see topless (though they did paint their chest with body paint.....) :}

Austin, Texas

Quote: (08-29-2012 10:20 PM)Alpha Mind Wrote:  

What night were you there? UT is one of the largest universities in the country and the mix is in full force here.

I don't try to pull young girls here; they're terrible in the sack. If I wanted to, I'd look to malls and around UT. Guadalupe is the street.

I'm going to call you out though...if you were to visit one city in Texas, with a given percentage of reason being that you wanted to pull, Austin is the best destination, hands down. Houston girls are, in a word, chubby. Also, when it gets bumpin' in Houston, it can get ghetto while you're ordering a drink, literally.

Hipsters do you a favor. In fact, if they're interacting with you, it will make you even better. If nothing else, welcome the hipster betas to occupy the hipster fatties so you isolate and take care of business.

I definately like Austin more than Houston. Only problem with Austin it is kind of a small city, so the job opportunities are limited.

I am thinking about moving to Dallas personally, but I always love to hit up Austin every now and then.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (08-31-2012 01:07 AM)kavakid Wrote:  

The exact center of downtown is known in lair lingo as "dead 6th" because it can be hard to pull. But go a few blocks away and it gets easier. You will know you are in the wrong place if the street is filled with people.

[Image: lol.gif] this is true.

If you go to center of sixth on a Friday or Saturday, you will see a ton of dudes get "blown out." The girls are usually pretty nice about it though. The thing is it is always going to be tough to pull when girls are out in big groups and looking to have a "girls night out."

Austin, Texas

Lived for a year in Austin. Worked for a few months as an apartment locator for college kids on campus.

For college girls I recommend trying to roll into house parties on the weekends. Most weekends even in summer have some house parties. They are usually pretty laid back but don't do anything to piss off frat boys if you see them on the street. They are known to bust ass here.

Pearl Street coop has parties sometimes . And there a few others in the neighborhood just a block or two west of guadalupe. Basically there is a line of student houses that parallels guadalupe from MLK in the south to 28th st in the north. Its about 3/4 of a mile long and is crawling with girls and house parties on weekends.

For bars check out Cain and Abels B+ (frat/sorority types). "The local" is alright on campus. "Spider house" c+ for hippyish, plus another one right around the corner (can't remember, ask around). Generally the meat market on campus is mostly at house parties and the street maybe.

Barbarella's dance floor is known for girls who are down for grinding. Downtown on red river st.

There is a dance club downtown that is open till 5 am (other places close at 3am). Ask for it, its in an alley just off 6th, near the jimmy johns.

By the way Eeyore's Birthday is a free one day hippy festival, in april? This year towards the late afternoon the topless thing caught on with chicks and it became a college girl hippy strip club. These were girls who you wanted to see topless (though they did paint their chest with body paint.....) :}

Seriously!? How come? Is it because the energy is too high and too many people?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:07 PM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Yes. I think girls feel slightly unsafe. Hell, EVEN I feel slightly unsafe... But its still possible to pull directly from 6th. It just seems to get easier if you are at least inside a bar or even slightly onto one of the side streets.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:07 PM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

A lot of those bars are touristy and thus are essentially tourist traps.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:16 PM)kavakid Wrote:  

Yes. I think girls feel slightly unsafe. Hell, EVEN I feel slightly unsafe... But its still possible to pull directly from 6th. It just seems to get easier if you are at least inside a bar or even slightly onto one of the side streets.

I guess the momentum inside a bar would be a little lower. But if you stale or get bored of one place and dont like its scene you can always bounce.

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:17 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Hmm.. yes. But is that not a benefit? Out of town chicas? (just like vegas)

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:25 PM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:17 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Hmm.. yes. But is that not a benefit? Out of town chicas? (just like vegas)

When I was last in Austin, lots of the tourists there were dudes, so it just increases the sausage factor.

Still, like Kavakid says, pulling there can be done. It just is harder because of the massive groups.

Austin, Texas

^Good point, Easy.

Yeah, the sausage factor is higher in the more touristy area of 6th Street. The easiest way to pull in that part of 6th Street would be with a wingman because the groups of girls who are tourists are easier to handle with backup. It is, for example, easier to bounce venues with a group, head back to an apartment or hotel for an after-party with a group, easier to split the group, etc...

Austin, Texas

Austin is not Vegas.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:41 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Austin is not Vegas.

True, but Austin is a cool little city. It is one of the easier places to get laid if you live there and have a decent social circle (imho), especially if you like white girls. It has a hipster vibe to it and it is relatively cheap to live in. Lots of stuff to do. All around a good place to live. The only drawback is jobs pay a lot less in Austin then they do in Dallas or Houston. Oh, well. You can't have everything.

Austin, Texas

I have heard plenty of stories of guys pulling out of town girls. I was more of a social circle guy when living there.

I met a pedicab driver who used to drive girls to their hotel and then go in with the girl (often invited). I also personally saw a guy with a parked pedicab sitting in a bar getting hit on by a 8.5/9.

On 6th with the tourist girls, maybe wear a cowboy hat and make up some bullshit about growin up on a ranch... Or just bring solid game. Wingman definitely helps...

I recommend finding the back patio in almost every single bar in the city, 6th street included.

Closing time near the pedicab stands can have a high ratio of drunk hot chicks stumbling around. There's an asian club at the best stand, don't remember the cross street.

Austin, Texas

Hey, bumping this thread, I'm going to ACL! First thing is for the music and second thing is for girls.

Any tips?

I'm going to stay in the corner of IH-35 and Woodward street. I've never been to Austin so any tips of:

1)How to pickup at ACL
2)Where to bounce after ACL
3)Where to eat before/after ACL, ~25USD for a good meal
4)Did i choose a good/bad location to stay?

Appreciate your help mates.

Austin, Texas

I went to Austin on the weekend a few weeks ago during the Texas A&M vs Alabama football game. A big deal for college football in the area. I stayed at the Omni hotel by 6th street which is a good location but didn't have too many girls in the hotel bar so I went out after eating dinner.

I went to a place called the firehouse which is a cool jazz style speak easy with an entrance in the lobby of a hostel that's a sliding book case.

The hostel looked like it had some good talent staying there so maybe that would be a better option then going it alone in a hotel? Idk though didn't really get a good feel for it. Then I went to a bar called lani which was on the second floor of a building near 6th street. It was basically dead on a Saturday but that's because everyone was watching the game in my opinion.

I finally saw some good looking chicks in a small group (3) at my last stop at this cocktail lounge near omni called CU-29 Cocktail Bar. They made really good drinks but they were like $10 a piece so I'd say only have one there if talent is available. I got a number for a nice fake tit grad student girl from cali. Nothing came of it the next day though. The biggest issue was that the girls were traveling in big numbers and I don't waste time on groups bigger then three. I think going on the big game weekend was not good because it kind of turned the city into a sausage fest with too many big groups of girls.

The main purpose of my trip was to look at high rise apartments in the city downtown as I currently live in Houston and do not like living there very much. This is why I only checked out a few spots. I didn't want to be hung over looking at places the next day.

Overall my favorite spot was the CU-29 Cocktail bar during my first visit. I like slightly more upscale places. I'm not sure Austin is right for me even though the downtown logistics are perfect. My car battery would probably die from lack of use if I lived there. Everyone bikes around which makes sense since everything is close and parking is not a good time.

I stayed my last night at the W because I wanted an extra night. The lounge at the W had some really good talent. Its expensive to stay there but possibly worth it. I stayed my last night there on a Sunday after a big Saturday game so I think that slowed things down. When I stopped by to check out the hotel spa on Saturday the pool area at the W was way better the then at the Omni which was all old people. W had a lot more girls 20-30 range. Worth the extra money I guess but not for players on a budget.

I am going to check out Dallas to see if it is a little more upscale. I know Austin will have better logistics but I just don't like the dive bar culture that I saw in the city. I prefer banging to drinking and I don't like having to stay out till 2am either since it f's up my day game which is my bread and butter.

My impression of Austin after two days and three nights was that it was a drinking town with good logistics but it would get annoying for guys who don't like to drink heavily till the AM in order to get laid. Good for a 21 year old. Less so for a 26 y/o looking to move away from binge drinking.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-29-2013 04:08 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (09-29-2013 03:41 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Austin is not Vegas.

True, but Austin is a cool little city. It is one of the easier places to get laid if you live there and have a decent social circle (imho), especially if you like white girls. It has a hipster vibe to it and it is relatively cheap to live in. Lots of stuff to do. All around a good place to live. The only drawback is jobs pay a lot less in Austin then they do in Dallas or Houston. Oh, well. You can't have everything.

Austin is cheap? (Serious question) I thought it was an expensive city due to hipsters, Whole Foods, and UT students. Heck, I even guessed that Dallas was cheaper than Austin. I might have to pay the city a visit.

Rustle some longhorn beeshes.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-30-2013 01:17 AM)ralphi Wrote:  

I am going to check out Dallas to see if it is a little more upscale. I know Austin will have better logistics but I just don't like the dive bar culture that I saw in the city. I prefer banging to drinking and I don't like having to stay out till 2am either since it f's up my day game which is my bread and butter.

My impression of Austin after two days and three nights was that it was a drinking town with good logistics but it would get annoying for guys who don't like to drink heavily till the AM in order to get laid. Good for a 21 year old. Less so for a 26 y/o looking to move away from binge drinking.

Yeah, you might like Dallas more, especially the Uptown part of Dallas if you are into higher-end venues. I personally like the dive bar culture of Austin. I still love to drink and meet new people, so Austin is great for that. Plus, it has a liberal culture compared to the rest of Texas, so it kind of reminds me of the California culture in which I grew up in.

Quote: (09-30-2013 01:27 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Austin is cheap? (Serious question) I thought it was an expensive city due to hipsters, Whole Foods, and UT students. Heck, I even guessed that Dallas was cheaper than Austin. I might have to pay the city a visit.

Rustle some longhorn beeshes.

Austin is cheap compared to where I used to live before (Los Angeles). I guess it is not cheap compared to the rest of Texas, although there are expensive areas in Dallas (Uptown) and Houston (Midtown).

Austin, Texas

Quick question...is Austin worth a visit for a guy who's 42 (but could pass for 35), in shape, tan skin? The place seems intriguing, but seems geared more to younger guys. I don't want to waste time if that's the case. I certainly don't want student type bars, and would prefer something more akin to the W hotel atmosphere. Thanks!

Austin, Texas

I was an apartment locator for two months in Austin. There were little 1 bedroom apartments on the north side towards home depot for $495 a month. Though overall I woulnd't call Austin cheap, for a city that is almost top tier, it's affordable. You can get shared rooms for $400-$600 a month. Actually, it gets cheaper on the southside if you are willing to live in the "ghetto".

Opening23 I think a guy who looks 35 could do well in Austin if you are not afraid to approach and girls find you attractive. Find meetup groups and online date. I always like to check out a town by dating online before I go there to see my response rate.

Ralphi, can you explain how other cities might be better for your type of game (ie daygame). What sorts of venues do you hit during the day and why are they lacking in Austin? I do agree that Austin can be a drinking a city, but just curious.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-30-2013 08:48 AM)kavakid Wrote:  

Ralphi, can you explain how other cities might be better for your type of game (ie daygame). What sorts of venues do you hit during the day and why are they lacking in Austin? I do agree that Austin can be a drinking a city, but just curious.

For daytime venues:
yoga (not hot yoga)
Gym
Museums
Night time venues:
Upscale lounges where I can dress well
Symphony
Ballet
salsa venue for dancing

It's not that Austin doesn't have this stuff. It's that the dive bar culture is so prevalent that I would be in a real small niche trying to find girls with these same interests imho.

Austin, Texas

Quote: (09-29-2013 08:42 PM)bars Wrote:  

Hey, bumping this thread, I'm going to ACL! First thing is for the music and second thing is for girls.

Any tips?

I'm going to stay in the corner of IH-35 and Woodward street. I've never been to Austin so any tips of:

1)How to pickup at ACL
2)Where to bounce after ACL
3)Where to eat before/after ACL, ~25USD for a good meal
4)Did i choose a good/bad location to stay?

Appreciate your help mates.

I could walk to Woodward and 35. It's close to downtown and you can get there without fucking with 35, but even then, it's really close. If you're EAST of 35...just be wary of the cats outside the hotel. East of 35 can get dodgy, although I feel like it's less likely during ACL, since hotels get booked up.

For spots near where you're staying...Curra's on Olftorf is great, but parking is a fucking nightmare and that place gets PACKED. Tons of cuties there though. The Lebanese joint right now door--called Tarbouch--is solid and you can rent a hooka there, if you're into that. Their hummus is great. Some people don't like it, but I think it's fucking delicious.

I usually leave during ACL because shit gets too crowded and I get irritated when the festival goers litter all over my city (I prefer Fun Fun Fun Fest to ACL m/). Plus, dudes get drunk and try to buck here. Word of advice--if some drunk ass is talking shit on 6th or anywhere else, swallow your pride and get out of there. You WILL get arrested if you get into any altercations and it's not uncommon for a cop, fed up with all the drunks, to just throw you in the paddy wagon and book you for a night in the other Austin Hilton. It has happened to me and that place really, really sucks.

In terms of where to bounce...you'll be in the ACL clusterfuck. Good luck. I'd suggest getting the number of the first cab you get in. Ask them if they're working ACL. Tip them above average and get their number. Trying to get a cab during ACL is a nightmare and if you're trying to swoop ladies back to your spot, can be a real game salt. You're also going to be dealing with a lot of girls from out of town who will want to get loaded on dirty 6th (this is the 6th street you hear about). Since you don't live here, it may be an advantage for you. That area will be rife with sausage though. Very drunk, rude parties of dudes.

This is from SXSW, but I've seen this happen during ACL too. Welcome to Austin. Don't be an asshole.

Now, if I were you, I'd avoid 6th and try to get the ladies over to Rainy street. There's a ton of talent there too. I haven't been there in a few months (parking is a BITCH), but there are DROVES of new bars there. West 6th and warehouse district are higher-end style, but it's ACL so everything is a bit of a wash.

Depends on your budget, but tipping a bartender well, along with a smile and eye contact when you get your drink goes a long way here during ACL, unless you're wasted.

Make sure you snag a hearty meal before ACL and drink plenty of water. Wait times for water/beer/food can be intense. No advice on ACL pickup tactics, but meeting girls and inviting them for drinks after works at most concerts, so that'd be my approach.

I hope that helps. Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions/concerns. Also, make sure you report back on this thread or drop an ACL datasheet, if we don't have one already.

Quote: (09-30-2013 05:10 AM)opening23 Wrote:  

Quick question...is Austin worth a visit for a guy who's 42 (but could pass for 35), in shape, tan skin? The place seems intriguing, but seems geared more to younger guys. I don't want to waste time if that's the case. I certainly don't want student type bars, and would prefer something more akin to the W hotel atmosphere. Thanks!

If you're cool with approaching women here, you'll do just fine. I'd cruise to west 6th or the warehouse district. Avoid dirty 6th if possible. There's not that much to see there, unless you are more interested in getting loaded than pulling. If the weather is nice, go to Barton Springs Pool. There's not a tried and true formula for that spot, but it yields well for me here and there. Plus is just a dope spot to hang out, read, etc. Can't bring food or drinks in (ants), other than water.

Quote: (09-30-2013 09:23 AM)ralphi Wrote:  

Quote: (09-30-2013 08:48 AM)kavakid Wrote:  

For daytime venues:
yoga (not hot yoga)
Gym
Museums
Night time venues:
Upscale lounges where I can dress well
Symphony
Ballet
salsa venue for dancing

It's not that Austin doesn't have this stuff. It's that the dive bar culture is so prevalent that I would be in a real small niche trying to find girls with these same interests imho.

Austin has this stuff. Plenty of it. And the women here--at least IME--feel the same way. Upscale places can be tough if you're rolling solo. I've ran into a few ladies that think it's weird, but they ended up gobbling the beef anyway, so it really depends.

I think it's best to go for the niche audience anyway. What a woman tells her friends about you--initially--makes getting laid way easier.

Do I want to be some cat from a bar or the dude who asked her out while she was shopping for peaches? All in the details.